It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

World "counting down to a pandemic"
uk.news.yahoo.com...

A Chinese virologist who helped fight SARS and bird flu warned on Monday of a possible swine flu pandemic that the most populous countries in Asia, China and India, would be ill-prepared to handle. Skip related content

"We are counting down to a pandemic," said Guan Yi, a professor at the University of Hong Kong who helped trace the outbreak of SARS in 2003 to the civet cat.

"I think the spread of this virus in humans cannot possibly be contained within a short time ... there are already cases in almost every region. The picture is changing every moment."
More at Link...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
reply to post by Hx3_1963

let's just say that "The Stand" has always been just a movie, a great hollywood production.
Untill now, it's scary

You do know it was actually a book by Stephen King? I actually read it last year and i was thinking....man this would be really crazy if something like this happened. What would i do???

Now its like ohhhhh....crap

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Just ignore my last post it was stupid.
Clearly you know seen as it says Stephen King on your avatar. Never mind

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I've heard that only the Mexicans are dying. The people in Mexico are dying of the flu, but the Americans are just getting sick for a lot of days.
The mexicans are dying, but we're just puking, running a 103 temp, getting diarrehea, and coughing for about a week. It's really wierd.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cookie Doodle
I've heard that only the Mexicans are dying. The people in Mexico are dying of the flu, but the Americans are just getting sick for a lot of days.
The mexicans are dying, but we're just puking, running a 103 temp, getting diarrehea, and coughing for about a week. It's really wierd.

I haven't heard of the puking or the diarrehea symptom before now? Confirm?

Again - one of two things. People who are confirmed to have it outside of Mexico are most often not the Young-Middle Aged Healthy Adult. They are students many of them. Putting them outside the demographic most likely to develop SARDS.

Two - it could be that the virus becomes less lethal with mutation, which is fairly common. Then just peters out. The infection has a very short incubation time which certainly lends itself to fast mutation.

[edit on 2009/4/27 by Aeons]

[edit on 2009/4/27 by Aeons]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cookie Doodle

A few pages back someone mentioned that a baby in California died of flu symptoms. Samples were being sent out to see what the cause of death was. I haven't heard anything after that, though. But if that baby died of swine flu, Mexico won't be the only one with confirmed deaths.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Judging by the comments on the "Have your say" section on the BBC News site, it seems that nobody really gives a damn about this flu outbreak. Well woe betide them.

newsforums.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Kram09]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
"The Mexican health department says the World Health Organization is raising the pandemic alert to level 4"
From Twitter.Not sure if it means 4 for Mexico or 4 worldwide,hoping someone will have more info?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

hehe
well actually I knew there was a movie, I have the dvd, but I didnt know there was a book also, it probably is better then the movie :p

my reaction was kinda like yours... a lot of people are bringing up the similarities

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Not sure, i think it means the world...or at least for the countries who are members of the WHO. There is some stuff here explaining the different levels.

www.google.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

hm, only on CNBC news this morning, they said that the virus could become more dangerous as it mutates... and that it is mutating fast

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Well the book is really good i'll say that much, but i've never seen the film so i can't say, but i've wanted to see it for a bit. But then again i've suddenly gone off the idea of wanting to see it now

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Do you all realize that almost 40,000 people die in the USA every year from the regular flu season? I don't know that this flu is any worse than any of the other flu, but from what I read and hear most people are having mild symptoms.

I think Katrina has turned everything into high alert now.

Be cautious but don't die of fright first.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Be cautious but don't die of fright first.

That is exactly what we are trying to do

second line

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
"The Mexican health department says the World Health Organization is raising the pandemic alert to level 4"
From Twitter.Not sure if it means 4 for Mexico or 4 worldwide,hoping someone will have more info?

Confirmed CNN said WHO raised pandemic level to 4. A pandemic means many areas of the world. So world wide. =)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neaux

Originally posted by irishchic

Confirmed CNN said WHO raised pandemic level to 4. A pandemic means many areas of the world. So world wide. =)

Let's see how long it takes thier chart to update...

World Health Organization

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Many sources have said that this is a human swine combo, now if it mixes with avian for certain, then it will come back in as many days and be a 100% deadly strain.

Now I have also read in many places that this is a recombination of Human/Bird/Swine/ but I cannot find any actual sources on that, so have we jumped the gun on it being the three or were we somehow prompted to that conclusion?

Anyway, if it reaches to the areas which are already ravaged with avian, then it is going to come back in a wave and hit everyone with deadly force.

I dont know, I think this is only just begun.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by antar]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Details on the new strain being a genetic mix;

The virus is an influenza A virus, carrying the designation H1N1.

* It is genetically different from the fully human H1N1 seasonal influenza virus that has been circulating globally for the past few years. The new flu virus contains DNA typical to avian, swine and human viruses, including elements from European and Asian swine viruses.

www.alertnet.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

News organizations are faster then the WHO website.

Phase 4 Pandemic

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Does anybody from the UK, remember a tv show a few months back on the BBC called Survivors? Wasn't that about survivors from a pandemic or bio-terrorist event? Pretty creepy now i come to think about it...although i never actually watched it. Considering the circumstances i am glad i didn't.

Anyway just another "coincidence" you can add to the list about this whole affair

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join