It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
Someone please help me understand why the WHO won't raise the phase from a 3 to a 4.

How many more countries need to be affected? According to their own criteria, it only needs to be 2 or more countries to be classified a Phase 4.
Damn it!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 26-4-2009 by sickofitall2012]

Why on earth would they do that? If they did that then the flu would be contained and problem kind of solved. By leaving it at 3 they can get as much of the world as possible infected. Isn't that their plan? When the infection level is where they want it then they will raise from 3 to 4

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Just my humble opinion...but yes, as we both know, they cant be holding an empty bag. So they offer worthless or even harmful solutions!

Just like Mexico, offering vaccines this weekend when they do not, I repeat do not have one!

Others on a different thread, and I were trying to understand why the authorites do that...perhaps it is the idea that a false hope is better than no hope, but that is so twisted!

I think they would be better off giving people collidial silver, than a worthless generic flu shot, or Tamiflu. Wrong, just wrong!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Swine Flu in Mexico- Timeline of Events
biosurveillance.typepad.com...

Mexico English newspaper edition...

Lots of Headlines...

www.thenews.com.mx...

Swine flu could mutate to 'more dangerous' strain, says WHO
www.channelnewsasia.com...

BULLETIN -- NEW YORK GOVERNOR ACTIVATES HEALTH EMERGENCY PREPARDNESS PLAN; PUTS THE STATE ON HIGH ALERT.

Central America Battles Swine Flu
insidecostarica.com...

[edit on 4/26/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
There's a journalist on twitter making tweets live from the CDC briefing as I write.

I asked him if there's been any confirmed cases of people who have NOT been to Mexico getting it from someone who has been as he said YES

His latest tweet said that the thinking is there haven't been any fatalities "here" wherever here is...(USA I guess) because at the moment the numbers of those infected are low

read his twitter updates life from CDC briefing

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
CDC says there are no screenings at US airports because of swine flu
9 minutes ago from TweetDeck

twitter updates

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
# Puerto Rico: Suspected swine influenza case left Mexico on 25 April. #swineflu8 minutes ago from web

# New Zealand: Update on students being tested for swine influenza; 10 not 13 students under investigation. #swineflu11 minutes ago from web

# England, Stanwick: Family isolated to house as precautionary measure against potential spread of swine influenza. #swineflu23 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
biosurveillance Veratect

Veratect on Twitter

Another Quarentine

Here we go...another mystery vaccine for a family that has the H1N1 mutant strain of flu! Why do they keep giving the standard flu shot when it will do no good?

He said his family have now been issued with a vaccine and been told to stay away from other people as a precaution.

cdi

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
hi all
just took a tangent ride a while ago. could be a missing link to this.

Indications of correlations in human ecology
Research has shown surprising correlations between
sunspot activity and human health and behavior:

Mutations in the influenza virus, and subsequent flu pandemics,
correlate to sunspot peaks. During no less than 17 of the last
solar cycles, sunspot peaks precede increased flu activity,
including the 1918-19 "Spanish Flu" pandemic which followed a
sunspot peak in 1917. During at least five of these
periods, the Influenza-A virus underwent antigenic shifts
that allowed the virus to bypass built-up immunity in the population.
Researched conducted by Biometeorological Research Center in the
Netherlands supports the proposition that solar activity causes
lowered human immunity: Thirty years of research using 740,000 male
subjects shows that blood sedimentation rates—and resulting albumin
and gamma globulin rates—changes with the sunspot cycle.

Researchers have also discovered correlation between human
longevity and the amount of sunspot activity during the mother's
birth year: The average person lives 2-3 years longer if their mother
was born during a sunspot minimum

source:Sunspot. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
but cudnt the govt know this and release and blame the mutation on the sun spots

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Americans told to wear masks as swine flu spreads round globe
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Doctors in America are advising worried patients to buy painters’ masks as a precaution against the global outbreak of swine flu that appears to have spread from Mexico to the United States, New Zealand and possibly Europe.

With the worldwide death toll standing at about 81 and with about 1,300 people infected, authorities across the globe are torn between the desire to slow down a potential flu pandemic and the need to avoid bringing major cities on every continent to an economic standstill.

As of today, the US was still allowing people to cross the border from Mexico – where it is thought the swine flu emerged last week – although customs officials at the San Ysidro and Otay Mesa border crossings were given protective masks. It is thought that eight people in US border towns have gone down with swine flu, and tonight Mayor Michael Bloomberg said that a further eight cases have been confirmed among students in New York.
More at Link...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well, now that the DHHS has declared the nation to be in a Public Health Emergency, we shall see what steps are taken and how effective they are.

Napolitano even sounded apologetic as she made the announcement. The President's playing golf.

I guess if it is not about finances, it can't be that important.

cdi

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dreaken1993

hi dreaken1993
quite a plausable scenario. obfuscation and sleight of hand come with the turf of every politician. if this pandemic has been manipulated i am sure it will be disclosed when the body bags start piling up. everyone wants answers. now russia have implemented restrictions on imports, i feel things are heating up unlike the sun!
stay safe and well.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
# New York: Parents concerned over confirmed swine influenza cases in students inundate medical facilities in Queens. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

# France: One woman with recent travel to Mexico is hospitalized in Paris and is being examined for possible swine influenza. #swineflu31 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Aaahhhh...the bottom line..always money. A good excuse as any I suppose. Better to let it spread, and then break the people as they
(and what large percentage without health insurance?) have to visit the doctor, buy medicine (worthless) and all the drug companies can make bank, and all the government insider deals and traders profit!

Break the back of the little ones!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Venture Capitalist will make out bank on the mutant strain outbreak!

The swine flu outbreak is likely to benefit one of the most prolific and successful venture capital firms in the United States: Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Thomson Reuters Private Equity Week reported on Friday.
Shares of two public companies in the firm's portfolio of eight Pandemic and Bio Defense companies BioCryst Pharmaceuticals (BCRX.O) and Novavax (NVAX.O) jumped Friday on news that the swine flu killed a reported 60 people in Mexico and has infected people in the United States
uk.reuters.com...

And the drug companies stand ready to rack up a hefty profit quite quickly!

Vaccines from Roche, which sells Tamiflu, and GSK, maker of Relenza, have been shown to work against viral samples of the new disease. The drugs were also used to help protect against outbreaks of bird flu in Asia, providing windfall profits for the companies.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Yea milk the poor people for all they are worth, before another terroist attack. I mean, why stage another "terrorist attack" when you can have a good boiterrorist attack first!? Look at all the money to be made off the slaves backs first!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
# Texas: State health authorities order closure of all 16 Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City Independent School District campuses. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web
www.ksat.com...

# The Philippines: Swine influenza virus detected among "backyard pigs" in several locations of Pangasinan. #swinefluless than 5 seconds ago from web

Canada, Nova Scotia: Not all four confirmed swine influenza cases recently traveled to Mexico. At least 11 students ill. #swineflu

[edit on 4/26/2009 by Hx3_1963]

cdi

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
hi all
with regards to my previous post i would like to point out at this time that i feel it highly unlikely that this pandemic has been manipulated (i may be wrong) but the evidence at the moment shows that colleagues of a medical poster (hot zone1) on this thread inferred that a number of interns died from this virus(es). this is the thing, it does not discriminate, it has as good a chance of taking key players out as it does ordinary folk. if a small percentage of md's, doctors, midwifes, nurses etc succumb to this, the front guard is depleted. unless the ptb have a cure it stands as being a global lottery to which anyone can be infected.
be safe and well

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
WTAP News Ohioan Tests Positive for Swine Flu

Last Updated: 1:00 PM Apr 26, 2009
Reporter: Leslie Cebula

The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) reported and confirmed a case of swine flu involving a 9-year-old boy from Lorain County Sunday. The patient is considered to have a mild case of the disease and is recovering at home.

From Twitter: Mexico City Health Secretary Armando Ahued says 5 more people have died from suspected swine flu; raising the death toll to 86.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This is my first time on ATS,but i have gotten more accurate info from this site than CDC/WHO/cnn or fox......what is going on the local news here in houston dont even mention the outbreak should my family and i be prepared to leave texas and if so where is a good state to got to

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

The Mexican government indicated that the outbreak was more severe than originally acknowledged, announcing that more than 1,300 people are believed to have been infected. The virus, which the World Health Organization's top official said had "pandemic potential," is now suspected in the deaths of 81 Mexicans, Health Secretary Jose Angel Cordova said. Also Saturday, the Mexican government gave itself extraordinary powers to quarantine and forcibly treat infected people and to search homes and intercept suspected flu sufferers on public transport. The emergency decree follows measures that have included the closing of schools in the worst-affected areas until May 6, and the temporary shutdown of museums, clubs and theaters in Mexico City. Hundreds of concerts, private parties and other events were canceled as federal and local officials urged people to avoid large gatherings.

www.latimes.com...

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join