It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Canada

Nova Scotia students among first suspected Canadian cases

CBC News has learned that students in Nova Scotia are among the first suspected Canadian cases of the virus. Nose and throat swabs collected from them have been sent to the national laboratory in Winnipeg for testing.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Swine flu: Canadian cases

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Update:

Three cases reported in Spain and five in Colombia.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I don't understand why the WHO won't raise to a Phases 4. Clearly, people all over the globe are not immune to this strain. Who cares if they aren't dying like those in Mexico, the flu can kill any time, anyone, any where. Not to mention that the more it spreads in humans, the higher the chance of another mutation.
WHO states that Phases 3 is

"an animal or human-animal influenza reassortant virus has caused sporadic cases or small clusters of disease in people, but has not resulted in human-to-human transmission sufficient to sustain community-level outbreaks. Limited human-to-human transmission may occur under some circumstances, for example, when there is close contact between an infected person and an unprotected caregiver. However, limited transmission under such restricted circumstances does not indicate that the virus has gained the level of transmissibility among humans necessary to cause a pandemic."

Phase 4 is

"is characterized by verified human-to-human transmission of an animal or human-animal influenza reassortant virus able to cause “community-level outbreaks.” The ability to cause sustained disease outbreaks in a community marks a significant upwards shift in the risk for a pandemic. Any country that suspects or has verified such an event should urgently consult with WHO so that the situation can be jointly assessed and a decision made by the affected country if implementation of a rapid pandemic containment operation is warranted. Phase 4 indicates a significant increase in risk of a pandemic but does not necessarily mean that a pandemic is a forgone conclusion. "

There is definitely human to human transmission and Mexico clearly has a sustained "community outbreak."

[edit on 26-4-2009 by sickofitall2012]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
twitter.com...

# French Ministry of Health: Three family members hospitalized with influenza-like symptoms after travel to California. #swineflu7 minutes ago from web

# Costa Rica: Medical teams and supplies dispatched to medical facilities across the country in preparation of swine influenza cases.18 minutes ago from web

# Israel: Israeli embassy in Mexico cancels Independence Day celebrations due to swine influenza prevention measures. #swineflu11 minutes ago from web

# Japanese corporations ban all employee trips to Mexico. Sending masks to employees working in the U.S. and Mexico.29 minutes ago from web

# New Zealand: Ten suspected swine influenza cases associated with travel to Mexico reported as "confirmed." #swinefluabout 1 hour ago from web

[edit on 4/26/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Hey there, That link to the music was sweet! Listening to that, while at the same time Alex Jones, was a trip!

This is interesting everyone...a google maps link with all the cases on it.
It looks pretty up to date!

maps.google.com...,-96.601989&spn=135.024232,211.992188& t=h&z=2

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Star 4 U!

Was the least I could do, with the Cap'n Trips references...

Nice Google map link...was thinking of looking for one, but, you took my little Nanites task from him

...Keeping one eye open and one eye quarantined...

# Chile: Samples sent to U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to rule out swine influenza. #swineflu.7 minutes ago from web

# Japan: Major travel agency cancels all May tours to Mexico. No tours yet cancelled to the United States. #swineflu18 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Mayor Bloomberg confirms Swine Flu in the New York school. Family members have been effected too. US confirmed infection rate is over 100.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Where did you see 100 cases in US? Could you post the link? I have thought that there would be an increase in cases due to pending tests. I'm sure the # will keep rising as labs continue to confirm samples.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If unicorn's can poop Skittles, I know they can also poop a cure. So, the question is, why isn't Obama pooping something similar to Skittles that can cure everyone, or at least have his own unicorn poop them?

Snarkiness off: plucky is worried. Last night on C2C, Katherine Albrecht said that quarantines do not work, the human condition will fight it. She also said when Obama comes out and says "don't worry" it is time to worry.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Up to 200 children at that school reported flu like symptoms and it is expected the rest will be confirmed later. Addition to that, family members have been infected too.

L.A Times are reporting another 11 cases.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
omg, possible cases in Spain and France! That is awfully close to home for me!
Yesterday evening my husband was still making fun of me that I was being paranoid and doomthinking again, like he always does, but now even he has a very concerned look on his face and checking the news every hour....
Where is this going to end?

link   

Thanks! My your quick...your fashionable avatar!

I noticed someone has now created an "official thread" on the swine flu...what do you think, should we stay on this thread?
Funny I had no real indication that this would end up being the real thing when I posted the first thread! Now look!

A beta test is what Alex Jones thinks?

reply to post by infinite

Great uptdates!

reply to post by sickofitall2012

That has me a bit confused also, why they have not raised the level high!
Maybe they know something we dont!

Google Maps Link with All the Cases

Conspiracy Newsletter with comments

BBC with e-mail from Mexico

Nifty Avian Flu Blog with lots of Links

The Sun - article on Baxter & Contaminated Vaccines

The Star - Article on Baxter contamined vaccines

H1N1 resistant to Tamiflu

First Reported Case in Isreal

More going on in Mexico than actually reported

link   
5 suspected cases in Canada.

Two Canadian provinces are investigating possible swine flu infections, while the virus has been confirmed in eight students who attend a New York City high school.

Sources told The Canadian Press that health officials are probing three cases in Nova Scotia, and two in British Columbia.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.ctv.ca...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
New figures from Mexican government:

1500 cases, 81 dead.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Star 4 U!

Thought the Avatar was appropriate, given the current circumstance...

I'm not good at making calls, as in dumping threads, to condense the topic...

This one is up to Pg 20 now, so, I'd guess either keep this open, or, ask a Mod's opinion maybe?

To bad they can't combine threads on the fly or something...

I've noticed that Google map is starting to fill-up with markers...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Ok...I am staying!

WHO has thier war room in high gear

uk.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
our predictions of florida , arizona , or new mexico as the next state with a confirmed case were wrong.

i dont know if anyone has posted this but there has been one confirmed case in OHIO.

just heard it from richard besser of the cdc on the white house briefing.

how long until 10 states have a confirmed case? the more people that get this bug the more chances we will see fatalities in the usa.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Wow...Ohio? That is just crazy. When will we ever find out the whole truth , nothing but the truth? Probably never...this whole outbreeak is mind boggling.

I sure hope Jones is right, just a beta test!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
# Canada, Nova Scotia: Three cases of untypeable influenza A virus. Considered possible swine influenza. #swineful7 minutes ago from web

Ohio: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report confirmed swine influenza case. #swineflu

The US is declaring a Public Health Emergency...updates to follow...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

What are the odds, about Obama shaking hand with that man in Mexico and then the man dies the next day. That is just wierd! ?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join