It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 198
<< 195  196  197    199  200  201 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Pinal County Public Health & State Confirm H1N1-related Death

Pinal County Public Health officials have received confirmation that a 64-year-old woman who died last week was positive for the H1N1 virus. The woman had underlying health conditions and was being treated for pneumonia at the time of her death.

This is the fifth death statewide related to the H1N1 virus and the second death involving a resident of Pinal County. The total number of confirmed cases in Arizona is 580 as of 2 PM on June 4.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixs1
reply to post by JBA2848

I find the Manitoba situation quite scary....it's like they are one of the rare places telling people the truth. It's a relatively small province (population wise) and to think they've had to buy extra respirators to deal with a flu in the summer is very scary, imo.

And again, a big thank you to so many of you here working so hard to keep us all informed.

Manitoba has the largest pig farms in the country.

They probably are telling the truth. Manitoba is a fairly transparent province. I'd trust what comes out of Manitoba far more than what comes out of my province.

Alberta, freedom of information means that I am not allowed to know what the province does with my tax money, and the government is allowed to sell my information to parking lots. "Freedom" to be screwed.

[edit on 2009/6/9 by Aeons]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm from Manitoba.

I was selling pinback buttons at a local community carnival this past weekend and I made some that say "kiss me i have swine flu". I sold 100 of those suckers over 2 days. Anyways a girl in her 20's bought 1 off of me on Friday night and told me her mom was diagnosed with h1n1 that day so she thought it would be funny to give her mom the button. I saw her walking around on Sunday and she told me she gave the button to her mom the night before. I was just thinking geez this is how it gets spread around, thanks for coming out, Not! The swine flu is super contagious. I wore gloves all weekend though and sprayed all money I got with antibacterial spray.

I ran into a friend of mine on Saturday who works @ Concordia Hospital as a nurse and she told me there's lots of new cases of swine flu coming in there every day and that the reported cases are definitely being under reported. She also said the staff is already stretched to the limit.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Onondaga County reports second H1N1 swine flu death

Syracuse, NY - A second Onondaga County resident has died of H1N1 or swine flu, the county Health Department reported today.
Dr. Cynthia Morrow, the county's health commissioner, described the individual as an adult with underlying medical conditions. She would not disclose any more information about the individual.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This thread deserves everyones attention...critical reading!
By schrodingers dog...

Proteus Medical(microchip-enabled medications)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Isolation, fines for swine flu law breaches

The Government on Monday added swine flu to the list of notifiable diseases.
This allows people who have been in contact with patients who have swine flu to be compulsorily isolated at home, and pupils and teachers who are patients or contacts to be excluded from schools.
These measures are in addition to the general powers of medical officers of health under the Health Act 1956 to isolate people considered at risk of spreading swine flu.
A person who disobeys medical officers' orders faces a $500 fine, plus $50 for each further day of non-compliance.
But it is more likely the officer would invoke the power in section 79 (4) of the act to "detain him, by force if necessary".
Anyone who leaves their specified place of isolation is liable to be "arrested by any officer of the Ministry of Health or by any member of the staff of the hospital or other place of isolation or by any constable, without warrant" and taken to the place of isolation.

New Zealand is taking isolation pretty serious to allow hospital staff to forcibly detain you.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Alameda County reports H1N1 related death

ALAMEDA COUNTY, CA -- Health officials in Alameda County announced today that a middle-aged man with the H1N1 virus in that county has died, becoming the Bay Area's second swine flu-related death.

This I guess I reported yesterday as Orange County man dies from swine flu. Not sure why it now has a title of Alameda County.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Sharp increase in number of swine flu deaths

09/06/2009 - 18:52:24
There's been a sharp rise in the number of worldwide deaths blamed on swine flu.

249 people are thought to have died after contracting the H1N1 virus - a rise of 90 in the last 24 hours.

More than 26-thousand people in 73 countries including Ireland have contracted the virus.

The World Health Organization says it's likely to continue spreading.

Read more: www.breakingnews.ie...&C

Im not sure what to think of this article?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

There's been a sharp rise in the number of worldwide deaths blamed on swine flu.

249 people are thought to have died after contracting the H1N1 virus - a rise of 90 in the last 24 hours.

More than 26-thousand people in 73 countries including Ireland have contracted the virus.

I have contacted the editor asking for confirmation on the the numbers stated in the article as they have yet to be corroborated by any other report. I'll post if I get a response.

This is my first post. Thank you to everyone for their hard work on this thread.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abernathy

The 249 number is also in other newspapers - here are some examples:

The Star Phoenix
National Post
Independent

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The total of 249 would include suspected deaths in Mexico tha were not diagnosed or tested before they were buriedI believe. There are 77 deaths suspected that cannot be discounted.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Alameda County reports H1N1 related death

ALAMEDA COUNTY, CA -- Health officials in Alameda County announced today that a middle-aged man with the H1N1 virus in that county has died, becoming the Bay Area's second swine flu-related death.

This I guess I reported yesterday as Orange County man dies from swine flu. Not sure why it now has a title of Alameda County.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by JBA2848]

JBA: You were correct in posting Alameda Co. as new death; Orange Co. is 4th death in CA, Alameda Co. is the 5th:

www.nbcsandiego.com...

ETA: You probably thought they were the same because the media reports only contain the "same old story line"!

[edit on 9-6-2009 by sonjah1]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Isn't New Zealand one of the places that got hammered by the 1918 Flu?

That's probably why.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Alameda County has 5th Calif. swine flu death

OAKLAND, Calif.—Health officials have confirmed California's fifth swine flu death.
Alameda County health officials said Tuesday that a middle-aged man with H1N1 virus in that county has died. Officials, citing agency policy, did not release any information about the man or when he became ill. They said in a statement that he had been hospitalized with chronic health conditions.
An Orange County man's death from swine flu was reported by health officials Monday. A San Bernardino County man, a Los Angeles County woman and a 9-year-old child from Contra Costa County all died of the virus in May.
California had recorded 796 confirmed cases of the swine flu as of June 4, the latest figures available from the state Department of Health.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Stanford Hospital to test 'drive-through' pandemic triage model

Stanford Hospital is about to test a "drive-through" approach to processing large numbers of medical patients during a pandemic.
A test of the approach is planned for Friday at Stanford University, the first test of its kind in the United States, Stanford health officials said. It offers a potential alternative to the standard walk-in system for screening and treating patients.
"The main idea is to avoid infection," Dr. Eric Weiss, the hospital's medical director for disaster planning, said in a statement.
"We feel that this mechanism of screening and evaluating patients during a pandemic will be safer for both patients and health care providers and much faster than traditional methods," he said.
Friday's exercise involves medical staff at several screening and treatment stations with portable digital monitors, and portable labs for blood and other specimen testing. They will also test a drive-through plan for giving out medications or administering vaccines.
Stanford Hospital officials said the federal government may consider results of the test for incorporation into a new protocol at hospitals nationwide during pandemic emergencies

Do hey know something that we dont?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Swine flu confirmed as cause of death for three El Pasoans

EL PASO - Complications from swine flu have been confirmed as the cause of death for three El Pasoans previously suspected to have died from the disease, health department officials said.
A 42-year-old man died May 19, a 24-year-old woman died May 24 and a 43-year-old man died June 4.
The city's Department of Public Health said 171 cases of the H1N1 influenza virus have been confirmed in El Paso. Another 70 cases are described as "probable" and await confirmation.
Health department officials said most of the cases were mild and did not require hospitalization.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanbei

Originally posted by Abernathy

The 249 number is also in other newspapers - here are some examples:

The Star Phoenix
National Post
Independent

I understand that the 249 number has been reported elsewhere, I meant to point specifically to the statement "a rise of 90 in the last 24 hours". Does this mean there were deaths previously thought to be negative for H1N1 and later confirmed positive, or does this mean that there have been 90 recent deaths. Difficult to discern.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Abernathy]

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Abernathy]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
WHO on the verge of declaring pandemic... Reuters...

www.reuters.com...

"The situation has really evolved a lot over the past several days. We are getting really very close to knowing that we are in a pandemic situation, or I think, declaring that we are in a pandemic situation," Fukuda told a teleconference.

Fukuda said a move to phase 6 would reflect the geographic spread of the new disease.

"It does not mean that the severity of the situation has increased or that people are getting seriously sick at higher numbers or higher rates than they are right now," he said."

"One of the critical issues is that we do not want people to 'over-panic' if they hear that we are in a pandemic situation. That they understand, for example, that the current assessment of the situation is that this is a moderate level," Fukuda said.

The WHO and its 193 member states are working hard to prepare for a pandemic, for instance developing vaccines and building up supplies of anti-viral drugs, he said."

A very real danger after declaring a pandemic was that hospitals could be overwhelmed by people seeking help when they did not really need it, while other patients requiring emergency treatment risked being neglected, according to Fukuda.

"In earlier pandemics, in earlier outbreaks, we have often seen that people who are in the category of being worried but who are not particularly sick, have overrun hospitals," he said."

---###---

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Health professionals say 'stay tuned' on flu front

Manitoba Health updated the H1N1 flu situation by saying the spike in numbers of very sick people announced on Monday has not changed.

Medical Officer of Health Joel Kettner told reporters he did not want to focus on numbers because numbers can be deceiving.

He reiterated that the vast majority of Manitobans who come in contact with the virus will experience mild forms of the flu.

Kettner says based on what has been seen in other places and based on a regular season of flu outbreak, a conservative "ballpark" estimate is that for every one person who needs hospital care, 1000 would have had the flu and not required hospital care.

So for every 1000 people who get H1N1 flu 1 person gets seriously ill and gets to breathe through a ventilator. Sounds pretty scary when you think how fast it spreads and how many people have already caught it.

U.S. 306,629,100 so 306,629.1 on ventilators US
World 6,785,502,437 so 6,785,502.4 on ventilators world wide

Sounds like WHO should be declaring a pandemic.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Some victims previously healthy

In other comments, Fukuda said the WHO is concerned that about half of the patients who have died of the new virus did not have pre-existing health problems—an observation he has mentioned at earlier briefings.

"It's probably fair to say approximately half of the people who have died have been previously healthy people. This is I think one of the observations that gives us the most concern," he said. "From the outset and from reports coming from Mexico, we knew that a number of deaths had taken place among younger people who were previously healthy. This is a pattern we've seen with the H5N1 virus and one we've seen in previous pandemics."

He added that a number of institutions and physicians are studying these cases to identify risk factors.

Source:www.cidrap.umn.edu...

About 50% of H1N1 fatalities have been previously healthy and didn't have pre-existing health conditions...you wouldn't know that from the US MSM now, would you?

top topics

<< 195  196  197    199  200  201 >>

join