It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 190
<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Iranian TV: Swine Flu - A Zionist/American Conspiracy

I guess this is a recorded news program feom Iran on may 6 but its the first time ive seen it thought I would post it for others.

The Iranian Government is a case study in group crazy leading group Stockholm Sydrome.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
State holds on to details of swine flu

CHEYENNE -- Health officials say additional details on confirmed swine flu cases won't protect the public.
Information on where infected individuals work or go to school could make others fearful of specific places when everyone needs to be cautious, said Dr. Tracy Murphy, state epidemiologist with the Wyoming Department of Health.
"Now we want people to focus on the fact that swine flu is in Wyoming," he added. "We can't predict which office, school or town will get it next."

"It's not that important to know which specific case was due to the new (flu) strain or the seasonal strain," Murphy said. "Now what's important is how much flu activity we're having. It gives us the ability to track without testing every case."

"The majority (of positive flu samples) are now coming back positive for swine flu," he added. "If you've got a positive (flu test), it's probably swine flu. Whether it's confirmed or not doesn't matter."

I guess Wyoming Department of Health is operating by the CDC rules for public and media release information.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
From tweetdeck

Governor's office: person dies from H1N1 virus in Onondaga County NY. Story to follow on 9wsyr.com

Person dies from H1N1 flu in Onondaga County

[edit on 3-6-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
2 More Deaths Linked to Swine Flu in City

From the NYTimes.

Two more deaths linked to swine flu — both of adults in their 40s — were reported by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene on Wednesday, bringing the total number of H1N1-related fatalities in the city to seven.

The department said that six of the seven people who have died — including Mitchell Wiener, the Queens assistant principal, who was the first swine-flu death in the city — had underlying conditions, including obesity, that can interfere with normal breathing. The seventh death is still under investigation. The city will not release the underlying medical conditions, citing medical confidentiality.

However, the department did release an analysis that showed some 80 percent of the more than 300 people hospitalized with swine flu since mid-April have one or more underlying conditions that put them at risk. Asthma, which affects 10 percent of New York City children, is by far the most common underlying condition, some 41 percent of the more those hospitalized. The analysis also found that about 18 percent of hospitalized are under 2 years of age, 13 percent have a compromised immune system, and 12 percent having heart disease. Other risk factors include pregnancy, obesity, diabetes, kidney problems, blood disorders, emphysema, and liver problems. A more detailed analysis of hospitalized patients’ health histories is still being conducted.

So there sticking with the underlying conditions.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I really don't understand what the issue people have with underlying disorders.

Logically, some disorders will predispose you to a worse reaction.

And knowing the difference between those poeple, and the people it hits who are robustly healthy is an important piece of data.

What I beginning to be curious about is - did the soliders who died so quickly of the Spanish Flu have lung damage from the fight? Mustard gas? Chemicals? Could they have had their lungs primed by damage, and their robust immune systems still intact with disasterous consequences?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
First Nation fears swine flu pandemic coming

NURSES handed out face masks on Tuesday as preparations for a pandemic kicked into high gear in St. Theresa Point First Nation over heightened concern a severe flu will continue to infect healthy children and adults.

The isolated fly-in community of 3,200 could be the first in Manitoba to be hit hard by a suspected swine flu outbreak, confirming the "worst fears" of First Nations leaders who warned impoverished aboriginal reserves are ill-equipped to deal with widespread infections.

Chief David McDougall confirmed Tuesday an additional five children were flown to Winnipeg Monday night, bringing the total number of St. Theresa Point residents hospitalized to 12. In the last week, two pregnant women were medevaced to intensive care along with five other children who fell ill with severe flu symptoms.

One woman lost her child as a result of the illness. McDougall said lab tests have confirmed a strain of influenza is circulating, but there's still no word on whether the virus is the human swine flu that's surfaced worldwide.

www.winnipegfreepress.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
there are old letters from 1918 from doctors and nurses to family describing other nurses and doctors comming down with the same symptoms and dying as quickly..

This happened all across the world..Its almost like this flu causes a pre existing condition in the lungs, you get better and then the second round really pounds the lungs..Its like a buy one get one free..

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Macomb County woman dies from H1N1 flu

A Macomb County woman died Tuesday of complications from H1N1 influenza, state health officials said today. She is Michigan’s first confirmed death from what was previously called swine flu. She had underlying health issues.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Aeons:

I can only speak for myself--not the other posters on this thread--and what concerned me was that so many of the initial "official" or MSM reports would originally say the victim was healthy and died from the flu. Then, in a matter of hours, they would report these chronic, or underlying conditions as the cause of death.

I know of at least several examples of victims' families who voiced their opinions to the officials/MSM, and stated that there were no underlying conditions.

The point I'm trying to make is that officials and MSM have seemed to distort the truth in order to prevent panic, to prevent over-load of the health care system, to try to save an already troubled economic situation, etc.

As a result, I am having a hard time trusting them.

I agree with you in that all severe/fatal cases need to be studied very thoroughly...that will help shed light on, and hopefully provide more truth about this virus...We do need to know if there is a correlation between underlying/chronic and severity/fatality...which would be contradictory to the original reports that indicate that the "healthy" are the main targets of H1N1.

But the findings need to be publicized honestly and extensively.

Hope this helps you understand one view on this thread...

-

[edit on 3-6-2009 by sonjah1]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1

The point I'm trying to make is that officials and MSM have seemed to distort the truth in order to prevent panic, to prevent over-load of the health care system, to try to save an already troubled economic situation, etc.

Look at the rest of the world,compare there actions to ours..Is there a pattern of trend?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Families can lie, and they can be intentionally blind, or they might not be aware of what is important.

If your family is all obese, they may not consider that important.

Heart problems are not always obvious. Again, I'll tell about how a family member who is thirtysomething was just diagnosed with one that is usually diagnosed in newborns. My ex's father died of a massive heart attack, which upon autopsy they realized that he had had at least one other undiagnosed heart attack.

Diabetes is OFTEN undiagnosed. So is asthma.

Sometimes one is healthy. That doesn't mean that one doesn't live with some chronic condition.

What Mexico was seeing was cases of cytokine storm incited SARS. Which would be healthy adults....HEALTHY as in that their immune systems are healthy. You can have asthma and still have a healthy immune system. You can have heart problems, and have a healthy immune system.

See the difference?

[edit on 2009/6/3 by Aeons]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

Look at the rest of the world,compare there actions to ours..Is there a pattern of trend?

I guess we could only use Mexico and Canada as examples (because of # of cases, severity/fatality, etc.)

With Mexico , we had truthful reporting from the outset (as much as can be in a chaotic situation like Mexico City) and then they back-pedaled because look at what happened to their tourism... But their initial reports suggested that young, healthy females in their 20s were dying.

Canada isn't acting much different than the US in my opinion.

What do you think?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Yes, I see your point about families in denial, and agree with you, to an extent, about the chronic and underlying...

But, your points still don't make the case for why officials/MSM say COD:H1N1 initially and then later flip-flop.

Can you explain that?

I'm open to listening, albeit a little skeptical...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Three new suspected cases of swine flu in Bulgaria
www.sofiaecho.com...

H1N1 Cases Confirmed In Douglas, Morton Counties
www.emaxhealth.com...

4th Swine flu patient in intensive care
www.google.com...

Swine Flu Outbreak Offers Sneak Peak of Pandemic to Come
www.worldwatch.org...

13 Swine Flu Cases Confirmed in Wyoming
www.chadrad.com...

Sedgwick County Confirms Third Case Of H1N1
www.kake.com...

80% of New Yorkers Hospitalized with A/H1N1 Flu Have Underlying Risk Factors
english.cri.cn...

A(H1N1) Affects 66 Countries
www.plenglish.com...

Another swine flu case detected in India
expressbuzz.com

Swine Flu Update
www.northcentralohio.com...

Confirmed swine flu case at Sachem school
www.newsday.com...

State Records First Swine Flu Death Outside NYC
www.wgrz.com...

H1N1 Claims first upstate NY Victim
www.gouverneurtimes.com...

Swine flu confirmed in Berlin
www.myrecordjournal.com...

2 new "swine flu" cases in Hampton Roads
www.wvec.com...

Governor releases statement on H1N1 death in Onondaga County
news10now.com...

Patient describes time in quarantine: Sleep, sleep sleep
health.asiaone.com...

Hospitalized H1N1 New Yorkers Had Underlying Risk Factors
www.emaxhealth.com...

1st Ld Writethru: Hong Kong confirms new A/H1N1 case
www.tradingmarkets.com...

7th Swine Flu Death In NYC
www.cbsnews.com...

New cases of influenza A(H1N1) push Western Pacific Region's total beyond 1 000
www.reliefweb.int...

Health Concerns Close Wolcott School
www.wfsb.com...

WHO says swine flu cases approaching 20,000
www.cbc.ca...

BREAKING NEWS: Macomb Woman Dies From H1N1 Virus
1st Person In Michigan To Die From New Virus
www.clickondetroit.com...
www.freep.com...

Health board to end flu warnings
www.torontosun.com...

Swine flu arrives in NWO
www.chroniclejournal.com...

Confirmed case of Influenza A H1N1 in Bahamas
www.caribbeannetnews.com...

Jamaica is 53rd country to report influenza A conformations

PAHO donates 3,500 boxes of antiviral drug to Jamaica

First African swine flu case
www.thetimes.co.za...

Bronx Parents Relieved School Is Closed For Cleaning
www.ny1.com...

Swine flu 'confirmed' on Bute
www.buteman.co.uk...

SWINE FLU MAN FIGHTS FOR LIFE
www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

H1N1 Care Last Straw for Overburdened Queens Hospitals
www.theepochtimes.com...

# Expert: "The UK is likely to be struck by a swine flu pandemic in the early autumn before a vaccine is available" #swineflu #h1n1about 1 hour ago from web

# 2 more swine flu deaths in NYC #swineflu #h1n1about 1 hour ago from web

# Cases in Australia now 633 #swineflu #h1n1about 2 hours ago from web

# US Airways estimate that the H1N1 impact was approximately $20 million in lost revenue in May #swineflu #h1n1about 2 hours ago from web

# UK cases now total 381 #swineflu #h1n1about 2 hours ago from web

# Chile case acceleration last 5days: 6%, 12%, 19%, 23%, 23% #swineflu #h1n1about 2 hours ago from web

# Australian case acceleration over last 5days: 3%, 9%, 19%, 32%, 32% #swineflu #h1n1about 2 hours ago from web

# UK case acceleration over last 5days: 5%, 7%, 8%, 9%, 12% #swineflu #h1n1about 2 hours ago from web

# Last three reports have not included significantly updated numbers from CDC #swineflu #h1n1about 2 hours ago from web

# 5day moving average of new cases has stretched a little further above long-term average 1,262/550 #swineflu #h1n1about 2 hours ago from web

# WHO Update 43 I've updated my analysis and downloadable spreadsheet at /cgoc47 #swineflu #h1n1about 2 hours ago from web

# As you can see from my graph, 5day moving average of new cases is 1268 against 563 long term average. Is that acceleration? #swineflu #h1n1less than 5 seconds ago from web

# Reports coming to me that regular flu immunisation has given NO protection whatever against H1N1 in young adults #swineflu #h1n13 minutes ago from web

# Singapore confirms 9th Influenza A/H1N1 case #swineflu #h1n15 minutes ago from web

# Argentina: Chubut: 1 confirmed case.Source: Ministerio de SaludDate: 31 May 2009about 5 hours ago from twitterfeed

# [WHO] Influenza A(H1N1) - update 43: As of 06:00 GMT, 3 June 2009, 66 countries have officially reported 19.. /qxcx9tabout 6 hours ago from twitterfeed

# China: Henan province: 1 confirmed case.Source: Xinhuanet.comDate: 3 June 2009about 7 hours ago from twitterfeed

# China: Hubei Province: 1 confirmed case. Source: Xinhuanet.com Date: 3 June 2009about 7 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Khartoum: Country's First Two Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported : Date: Jun 03, 2009 14:11 UTC Risk: Low Kuwait News Agency, an inter..about 2 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Blagoevgrad: Health Minister Announces One Suspected Cases of Influenza A (H1N1): Date: Jun 03, 2009 12:57 UTC Risk: Medium Dnevnik, ..about 3 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Smolyan: Health Minister Announces One Suspected Case of Influenza A (H1N1): Date: Jun 03, 2009 12:57 UTC Risk: Medium Dnevnik, a nat..about 3 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Tervuren: Local Primary School Reopens After Influenza A (H1N1) Related Closure : Date: Jun 03, 2009 12:30 UTC Risk: Medium Standaard..about 3 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Coimbatore Medical College Hospital: Eight Suspected Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) in Isolation, Including One Female Doctor: Date: Jun..about 3 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Riyad: Country's First Influenza A (H1N1) Case Reported : Date: Jun 03, 2009 11:57 UTC Risk: Low International sources report that ac..about 4 hours ago from twitterfeed

[edit on 6/3/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

sure The north american continent is acting the same..Its in the pocket of the same owner..

why is it that austrailia,and china,among others treating this how it should be?..I realize that in some places it is there flu season,but hell its not ours and its keeping up with infections with the countrys that are in its flu season..

Just seems like were getting set up for a big,big fall..

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Warren woman dies from H1N1 flu - Detroit Free Press

Warren woman dies from H1N1 flu
Detroit Free Press, United States
BY MEGHA Satyanarayana • FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER • June 3, 2009 A Warren woman died Tuesday of complications from H1N1 influenza, state health officials said today. She is Michigan's first confirmed death from what was previously called swine flu. ...

So another underlying conditions.

link   

Originally posted by sonjah1
reply to post by Aeons

Yes, I see your point about families in denial, and agree with you, to an extent, about the chronic and underlying...

But, your points still don't make the case for why officials/MSM say COD:H1N1 initially and then later flip-flop.

Can you explain that?

I'm open to listening, albeit a little skeptical...

It is the definition of healthy that is being misrepresented.

Just like the loaded word "mild" is being misrepresented.

These people probably often are healthy. They live normal lives, and their immune systems are healthy.

They have underlying conditions which is predisposing them to problems.

Both things are still correct. Logically, if you look at the BASE INFORMATION it is still all correct. How it is being PRESENTED, is that people with underlying conditions are not healthy. That is not correct. The way the media is FRAMING the information is meant to mislead.

The cytokine storm happens to healthy adults usually. Healthy, as in their immune systems are robust. The term is limited to the effective condition and environment (body) system impacted. In this case, the immune system.

Correct data, misrepresented meaning.

Just as the media has been misusing the emotionally loaded word "mild." Medically, most of these cases are mild. They have been mild in the same way that one can have a "mild stroke" or "mild cognitive impairment." Medically, this is correct as it means "not severe."

Not severe is a pretty big field. What "Mild" does not mean is "unconcerning" or "nonirritating" or "benign" or "untroubing" or "calm" or "gentle" or "tame" the way that the media is using it.

[edit on 2009/6/3 by Aeons]

link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

re: your post

It's almost like the NAU used the initial Mexican reaction as a case-study of what *not* to do!

-

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The World Bank Weighs In.

www.inmycommunity.com.au...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Someone please go smack these people. They need it.

www.flufashion.net

(found this by accident, but I had to click because it was just too retarded to be true.....but it isn't.)

new topics

<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join