It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 186
<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Secret Service employee in isolation in France w/H1N1

A White House official tells Fox that a female administrative employee with the Secret Service is being treated for swine flu in Normandy, France, and is in "respiratory isolation" and will remain there until "some time next week."
Other government employees who worked closely with the Secret Service employee have been put in a temporary medical quarantine, the official said.
The White House said the employee, who was not identified, is based in Atlanta and flew on a commercial flight to Paris, landing there Tuesday before heading with a team of nearly a dozen other US government employees to Normandy. The employee began showing symptoms of the H1N1 virus (otherwise known as the swine flu) on Thursday and was first treated at a small hospital in Normandy but later transferred to a bigger hospital to be placed in "respiratory isolation."
The other government employees -- described to Fox as part of the Secret Service, the US embassy and White House staff -- have been evaluated and given the anti-viral drug Tamiflu. As a precaution, they were quarantined in their Normandy hotel rooms for 24 hours. That quarantine is due to end late Friday, the official said.
The White House medical staff is in "close contact" with medical officials in Normandy. The official said it is unclear if the Secret Service employee now in respiratory isolation contracted the H1N1 virus in the US or in France.
Developing.....
."

So it is another secret service member who is sick.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Hong Kong has called on the US to screen outgoing air passengers to avoid exporting the virus, the South China Morning Post reported on May 14.www.china.org.cn...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Even a pandemic virus that initially causes mild symptoms in otherwise healthy people can be disruptive, especially under the conditions of today’s highly mobile and closely interdependent societies. Moreover, the same virus that causes mild illness in one country can result in much higher morbidity and mortality in another. In addition, the inherent virulence of the virus can change over time as the pandemic goes through subsequent waves of national and international spread. www.thepanamanews.com...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Press Release: Update on swine flu in New Mexico
www.qcsunonline.com...

First Swine Flu Case Confirmed in Bannock County
www.kpvi.com...

Health care workers urge calm in wake of swine flu cases
www.starnewsonline.com...

Parents want more info about swine flu
www.starnewsonline.com...

Nevada flu cases climb over 100
www.lasvegassun.com...

Ecuador A/H1N1 flu infections rise to 36
news.xinhuanet.com...

On the swine flu front line
www.watoday.com.au...

Father Of Deceased Swine Flu Patient Talks With KFOX
www.kfoxtv.com...

15th confirmed case of H1N1 in RI
www.wpri.com...

123 cases of H1N1 flu confirmed in Sask.
www.leaderpost.com...

A/H1N1 flu infections rise to 224 in Chile
news.xinhuanet.com...

Swine flu cases climb to 14 – DOH
www.saudigazette.com.sa...

Mexico A/H1N1 flu deaths rise to 97
news.xinhuanet.com...

NM stops reporting individual swine flu cases, NM
www.pddnet.com...

Flight attendant has H1N1 virus
english.eastday.com...

Swine flu case leads Hillsborough officials to shut down two Dover area schools
www.tampabay.com...

23 new H1N1 cases reported in Panama, raising total to 130
news.xinhuanet.com...

Stanford informed of seven probable H1N1 flu cases
news.stanford.edu...

City school district student has swine flu
ydr.inyork.com...

Indian sailor quarantined in Egypt for suspected swine flu
www.indianexpress.com...

Mexico reports 2 more deaths: Now 97
www.star-telegram.com...

Middle school reports student with swine flu
www.dailypress.com...

8th grader talks about having swine flu
www.wavy.com...

Three probable cases of swine flu at juvenile hall
www.mercurynews.com...

Alert for swine flu on cruise ships
www.stuff.co.nz...

Third local swine flu case reported
www.ldnews.com...

District waiting for flu test results
www.wiscnews.com...

Swine flu strikes two area schools
www.connpost.com...

Local woman has H1N1
www.owensoundsuntimes.com...

Venezuela declares state of emergency to avoid A/H1N1 spread
news.xinhuanet.com...

Hong Kong confirms five new cases of A/H1N1 flu
english.people.com.cn...

Getting over the swine flu; Ontario family with Newfoundland roots troubled over circumstances of H1N1 virus
www.thewesternstar.com...

Officials being proactive against H1N1 flu virus
www.ktva.com...

Update. Influenza A (H1N1) Regional Report (29 May 2009)
new.paho.org...

Two confirmed cases of H1N1 Swine Flu in Bell County
www.kxxv.com...

Thailand tourist's lung tissue 'gone' after mysterious death
www.cnn.com...

Egypt: Government warns of complacency in the fight against bird flu
pandemicinformationnews.blogspot.com...

avian or swine flu repentance will not enter into a new research
pandemicinformationnews.blogspot.com...

# USA: Texas: El Paso: 2 confirmed deaths. Source: AP Date: 29 May 2009, 22:25 GMTabout 4 hours ago from twitterfeed

# USA: Massachusetts: Barnstable County: 4 confirmed cases. Source: Massachusetts Dept. of Public Health Date: 29 May 2009about 4 hours ago from twitterfeed

# USA: North Carolina: Orange County: 2 confirmed cases. Source: North Carolina Dept. of Health Date: 29 May 2009about 4 hours ago from twitterfeed

# USA: Louisiana: LaSalle Parish: 3 confirmed cases. Source: Louisiana Department of Health Date: 29 May 2009, 16:45 GMTabout 4 hours ago from twitterfeed

# USA: Louisiana: St. Tammany Parish: 1 confirmed case. Source: Louisiana Department of Health Date: 29 May 2009, 16:45 GMTabout 4 hours ago from twitterfeed

# USA: Louisiana: Tangipahoa Parish: 1 confirmed case. Source: Louisiana Department of Health Date: 29 May 2009, 16:45 GMTabout 4 hours ago from twitterfeed

Jerusalem: Country's 17th Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed : Date: May 29, 2009 20:47 UTC Risk: Medium Ynet News, a national source, repo..about 4 hours ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Seems no slowing even though it is getting hot now. I wonder is there research on how this virus is staying alive in the heat? I noticed that the CDC put it out there in the recent press release...this virus is spreading still in the warm weather.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Well...

It's taken hold on every continent/island, except maybe a few remote Pacific ones, the poles, and Africa

From Yukon/Alaska to Hawaii

I really don't think heat/humidity has any effect on this hybrid

NSW powers to force swine flu quarantine
news.smh.com.au...

Swine flu confirmed in Clallam County
www.peninsuladailynews.com...

Bolivia latest to confirm flu cases in Latin America
www.thehindubusinessline.com...

Next Steps to Contain Swine Flu in Tasmania
www.media.tas.gov.au...

Confusion over H1N1 cases in Linn, Johnson counties
gazetteonline.com

Alert as swine flu arrives in Wales
www.walesonline.co.uk...

Measles is ‘main threat to Wales’
www.walesonline.co.uk...

A/H1N1 flu hits 18 Latin American, Caribbean countries
news.xinhuanet.com...

Swine flu spread is close phase 6 alert : WHO
www.mynews.in...

Swine flu cases found in Temple
www.tdtnews.com...

Student identified in swine flu case
www.newsandsentinel.com...

Hawaii Among Top Swine Flu Rates Per Capita
www.khon2.com...

Swine flu hits Lauderdale County
www.meridianstar.com...

Mexican treated for swine flu-like symptoms in Sando
www.trinidadexpress.com...

In-state swine flu tests available, but rare
www.dailyprogress.com...

Vic doctors' flu supplies 'running out'
www.thewest.com.au...

DOH, DepEd set up flu alert system for class suspension
www.abs-cbnnews.com...

Victim Of Swine Flu Was Mother Of Four
www.kfoxtv.com...

First case of Swine Flu confirmed in Hinds County
www.wlbt.com...

Daycare deals with threat of H1N1
www.wthitv.com...

Swine flu precautions inconvenience parents, but schools say they are necessary
www.metrowestdailynews.com...

Sixth Case of Swine Flu Confirmed
www.myfoxlubbock.com...

[edit on 5/30/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Hummm yes as the seasons turn to summer here they turn to winter on the other side of the world....Aussie land. Although the Canada, Mexico and the U.S. seem pretty hard hit, the NAU flu...spreading in Spring, soon to be Summer. sharing.govdelivery.com...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Interesting he goes to the hospital and is treated but they tell us not to go and stay at home. hmm

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Attention Posters

I spend a considerable amount of my personal time following this Pandemic and posting my findings here for all to follow...

I understand a lot don't have the time, skills, resources, ect, to accomplish this feat...this is why I undertook this task...

I appreciate all my followers/lurkers
My main "goal" is to inform...where MSM is failing badly...

One thing I ask of you all...please try to add something when asking minimal questions, or, better yet, U2U me, and ALWAYS refresh the page often, noticing a red "alert" at the top of the page, informing you of personal U2U's that I or others, might have sent you, concerning you questions...

For some reason, I have sent messages to posters regarding questions, as not to waste resources, post minimal responses here, ect, and never receive a reply...a waste of MY resources

Remember the "Alamo" (ie: the news and updates thread
)

Thank You for your time...Hx3

BTW: No...I'm not a Mod...(PLEASE don't go there)...just a common sense guy...

...and on with the show...

Deaths linked to swine flu hit 108 worldwide
sify.com...

Simulation helps agencies hone disaster response
www.wausaudailyherald.com...

Swine flu cases reported in Lebanon
www.albawaba.com...

Swine flu found in Baldwin County
www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...

Leon County confirms first swine flu case
www.tallahassee.com...

Shoals has first swine flu case
www.timesdaily.com...

80 passengers leave Australian cruise ship in swine flu scare
www.gulfnews.com...

Development Of Rapid Approach To Identify Influenza A Virus Mutations And Drug Resistance
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

Fourth H1N1 case diagnosed
www.ekathimerini.com...

A/H1N1 cases rise to 16 in Philippines
news.xinhuanet.com...

First Intra-China Swine Flu Case Reported in Guangdong
www.bizchina-update.com...

6 more swine flu cases seen in Polk
www.newschief.com...

Two cases of swine flu confirmed in Nez Perce Co
www.klewtv.com...

New A/H1N1 flu case reported in E China's Fujian
news.xinhuanet.com...

New flu strain could take a summer vacation
news10now.com...

Lebanon confirms first 3 cases of H1N1 flu - sources
in.reuters.com...

Belgium: Vlaams-Brabant: Tervuren: 1 confirmed case.Source: Influenza.be ( Dutch ) ( Francais ) ( English )Date: 29 may 20093 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Ecuador: Guayaquil City: 1 confirmed case.Source: Ministerio de Salud EcuadorDate: 29 May 2009, 08:30 GMT25 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Victoria's doctors calling for flu supplies
www.sbs.com.au...

Possible case of student swine flu
recordnet.com

County has 3 more cases of swine flu
www.poughkeepsiejournal.com...

Update influenza A (H1N1) Regional report, Vol. 6, No. 45
www.reliefweb.int...

Latest Swine Flu Argentina News
www.swineflunews.org...

# 23 new H1N1 cases reported in Panama, raising total to 130 #swineflu #h1n11 minute ago from web

# China reports 6 more confirmd A/H1N1 cases on mainland #swineflu #h1n12 minutes ago from web

# First swine flu case confirmed in Estonia #swineflu #h1n12 minutes ago from web

Two more Filipinos have tested positive for influenza A(H1N1) virus, takes th Philippines total to 16 #swineflu #h1n11 minute ago from web

[edit on 5/30/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
State to scale back on swine flu reports
www.starbulletin.com...

Belgian primary school closed due to swine flu
www.expatica.com...

Gov't to lower H1N1 flu alert level: official
english.rti.org.tw...

Two more 'Edinburgh Group' students on swine flu watch
news.scotsman.com...

Can Colloidal Silver Cure Swine Flu?
altmedicine.about.com...

Israel: Hadera: 1 confirmed case. Source: Jerusalem Post Date: 20 May 2009, 16:25 GMThalf a minute ago from twitterfeed

# Chile: la Araucanía region: 1 confirmed case.Source: Ministerio de Salud Chile ( Spanish ) ( English google translated )Date: 29 May 200912 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Chile: Los Ríos region: 1 confirmed case.Source: Ministerio de Salud Chile ( Spanish ) ( English google translated )Date: 29 May 200912 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Chile: Coquimbo region: 1 confirmed case.Source: Ministerio de Salud Chile (Spanish) ( English google translated)Date: 29 May 200912 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# USA: Florida: Leon County: 1 confirmed case. Source: Tallahassee.com Date: 30 May 200912 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# USA: Florida: Sumter County: 1 confirmed case. Source: Florida Bureau of Epidemiology Date: 28 May 2009, 14:00 GMT12 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# USA: Florida: Bradford County: 1 confirmed case. Source: Florida Bureau of Epidemiology Date: 28 May 2009, 14:00 GMT39 minutes ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Warm weather may not halt swine flu
Cases of severe pneumonia in April 2009 compared to the previous three years, and February of this year. The disproportionate numbers in the age range 15-49 is the signature of a pandemic virus (Image: Mexican Health Ministry)

The data also suggests that the virus may not be slowed by summer temperatures in temperate countries. However, it spreads slowly enough to respond to the "social distancing" measures used in Mexico

Harvard Medical School
Harvard Health Publications

Swine Flu: A Possibly Serious Threat

www.health.harvard.edu...

Harvard Flu Resource Center
www.health.harvard.edu...

[edit on 30-5-2009 by burntheships]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Good chart ships!

I'm begining to believe that the warmer weather will only serve as a petrie-dish/incubator for the virus?

I'm noticing a LOT more people down here coughing and such...it's humid and warm and mold-spores are everywhere.LOTS of sick kids...I'm finding that I am avoiding "fun" and simply doing what I need to later in the evening when things are less crowded if possible.
Have been accused of being "reclusive..." Works for me,LOL!

Could it be they are ALLOWING thing to just "take their intended course" here as those "socially preventive measures that Mexico has used are virtually non-exsitant here in the US???

I actually heard the TSA agent ask a guy to "please remove his mask" in the airport the other day...he DID wear it on the plane but couldn't wear in the security line or within their line of sight I guess.

He complied of course but gave them a look that would leveled a smart person.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by irishchic]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Ohio WKBN Update on H1N1 (Swine Flu) Virus for Saturday, May 30

The number of confirmed cases of H1N1 virus in the state of Ohio has increased to 24 according to the Ohio Department of Health. The latest confirmed case is a 15 year old female from Clark County.

Here is the county breakdown of the Ohio cases: Butler County – 1 (30 year old male), Clark County - 4 (15 year old male, 25 year old male, 12 year old male, 15 year old female), Cuyahoga County – 2 (41 year old female, 9 year old male), Franklin County – 10 (31 year old male, 33 year old male, 18 year old male, 20 year old female, 19 year old female, 21 year old male, 20 year old male, 22 year old female, 23 year old female, 19 year old male), Fulton County – 1 (10 year old female), Hamilton County – 1 (21 year old male), Holmes County – 1 (47 year old female), Knox County - 1 (45 year old male), Lorain County – 1 (9 year old male), Lucas County – 1 (14 year old female), Portage County – 1 (39 year old female).

There are now 19 suspected cases in the state of Ohio. Locally, there was one case in Trumbull County that was tested but ruled out and Columbiana County had three cases ruled out. So far, there haven't been any cases submitted for testing in Mahoning County.

For the people who live in Ohio.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I've been watching daily 15:00 hour updates on the flu, by county here in Wa. State
www.doh.wa.gov...

But it seems they have

moved to a new strategy for monitoring swine flu (H1N1) and will no longer test all cases. As a result, there will be no daily updates of numbers of probable or confirmed cases by county. Updates will be posted on Friday afternoons at 3:00 p.m., and will include only the total number of hospitalized and fatal cases of lab-confirmed swine flu (H1N1) in Washington.

There has been no update yesterday and now rather than a map with case information by county, there is only a total in print, still as of the 23rd.

CDC has not updated theirs for over a week now as well.

In the meantime,

US official in France diagnosed with swine flu

[edit on 30-5-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Canada's swine flu case count rising

Canada's swine flu case count has increased nearly 20 per cent over the past few days, largely due to a rise in cases in Ontario, according to the Public Health Agency of Canada.

As of Friday, there were 1,336 cases in nine provinces and two territories.

That's an increase of 218 cases since Wednesday, when the agency last reported the number of confirmed infections with the H1N1 virus.

The main increase occurred in Ontario, where the count rose by 131 cases to 626.

Quebec reported the second largest increase, up 46 cases to 253.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Wisconsin has most swine flu cases in nation

MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Wisconsin has more confirmed cases of the swine flu than any other state.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Friday reported 1,430 confirmed cases.
Wisconsin officials say the number of cases here is nothing to worry about. They say the number largely reflects the state's efficiency in testing suspected cases.
Department of Health Services spokesman Seth Boffeli says the Wisconsin cases have been relatively mild.
Nationally, the CDC has reported 8,975 cases of swine flu. Texas is second with 1,403 cases.
Illinois also has widespread testing and is third with 1,002 cases.
Information from: The Post-Crescent, www.postcrescent.com...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Swine flu lockdown plan as PM tested

NEW South Wales' top doctor has been given sweeping new powers to force reluctant swine flu victims into quarantine and shut schools as Prime Minister Kevin Rudd underwent testing for the disease.

State Health Minister John Della Bosca said yesterday he had strengthened NSW Chief Health Officer Kerry Chant's powers for 28 days as the number of confirmed cases in NSW rose by six to 54 and the national tally passed 250.

Mr Della Bosca's announcement came as Prime Minister was tested for swine flu on his return from Singapore yesterday after complaining of a sore throat, The Sunday Telegraph reports.

Mr Rudd and his entourage were kept on the plane for about 20 minutes while they waited for a health official to test the Prime Minister.

Mr Rudd is understood to have complained of a sore throat following his 24-hour trip to Singapore for the Shangri-La Dialogue, an Asia-Pacific defence and security gathering.

SO when someone with authority gets swine flu or fears they caught it the government say the economy is second to health and begin to put some kind of protection up against the crazy spread of this H1N1 virus.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is on any of the lists or not... but I wanted to add this since it's near my area. This topic is rarely spoke of unless people are laughing or snubbing.

nl.newsbank.com...

[edit on 30-5-2009 by TheNeutralOne]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
*RSOE Alerts* Epidemic Hazard - Africa - Zambia /noamdo

*RSOE Alerts* Biological Hazard - Africa - South Africa /lse6rk

Not sure what these are concerning might be the new ebola type virus Lujo.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Vic doctors' flu supplies 'running out'

The spread outside Melbourne comes as authorities confirmed an Austin Hospital employee had contracted the virus, and doctors warned they were rapidly running out of equipment to protect themselves from infection.

Australian Medical Association (AMA) Victorian president Dr Harry Hemley said an urgent call had gone out for access to national stockpiles of masks, gowns, gloves and Tamiflu.

'We're running out of the necessary equipment to help protect the staff ... from contracting the swine flu and also we're running out of masks also to protect our patients in the waiting rooms as well,' he said.

'To help limit the spread, it's very important to have that equipment so we're actually calling on the federal government to release their stockpile.'

new topics

top topics

<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join