It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
via twttier @veratect

Kansas: Two confirmed swine influenza cases husband and wife. Husband traveled to Mexico in mid-April.

Kansas: Wife developed symptoms following the return of her husband from Mexico.

Kansas: CDC has laboratory-confirmed both cases. One case still receiving treatment. Both presented with mild illness.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

That's good too. I was mainly trying to let people know to be aware that now matter what you cough or sneeze into, the virus will be on it. Viruses can live for days on many surfaces as well.

Yikes! I'm not gonna look at paper money the same way for a while. At least till this stuff blows over.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Ok so I am not the only one wondering about this!
Swine flu worse in Mexico than US, but why?

Why has the swine flu engulfing Mexico been deadly there, but not in the United States?...

...."The question of why the virus appears to be more virulent in Mexico is one that we are looking intensively into," the CDC's Schuchat said. "Rather than speculate, it's important for the science to lead us on this."

www.seattlepi.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

As far as I can tell, the ones infected that have had mild symptoms seem to be outside the age range that's killing those in mexico. I'm afraid it's just a matter of time before there are other fatalities outside Mexico. God, I hope I'm wrong!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I am just about to go to bed. But all i will say before i leave is that i think if this flu outbreak does have the potential to be a pandemic then it is already too late to start implementing measures to stop it. The CDC even said themselves it has spread too far and cannot be contained. Cases will already be incubating. This might just be the start. There is no point in the WHO wondering whether this represents an international public health emergency. It already is! They should implement border closures and travel restrictions etc. Starting first off the United States should close its border with Mexico. I wish to be proven so wrong on this, i really do. I know i am being incredibly negative here, but whatever, that is how i feel right now. Stay healthy people!

Good night and good luck.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

You may be right...I guess we will have to wait and see...sigh...

Well looks like Alex Jones will be doing a special segment tonight 8:00 on
www.inforwars.com

He also has this on his site:

“This strain of swine influenza that’s been cultured in a laboratoryis something that’s not been seen anywhere actually in the United States and the world, so this is actually a new strain of influenza that’s been identified,” said Dr. John Carlo, Dallas Co. Medical Director (video clip here).

Was this a slip-up or an admission that this new super-strain of swine influenza was deliberately cultured in a laboratory and released?

video here

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
THE World Health Organisation has branded the outbreak of a new strain of swine flu "a public health emergency of international concern", following a meeting of its emergency committee. In a statement, the Geneva-based UN agency said it was recommending that all nations "intensify surveillance for unusual outbreaks of influenza-like illness and severe pneumonia". Health officials worldwide are scrambling to contain an outbreak of swine flu that has killed as many as 68 people in Mexico, with WHO chief Margaret Chan warning that the virus had "pandemic potential" and it may be too late to contain a sudden outbreak. The new flu strain - a mixture of swine, human and avian flu viruses - is still poorly understood and the situation is evolving quickly, the World Health Organisation said. Possible case in London

www.news.com.au...

[edit on 25/4/2009 by mungodave]

[edit on 25/4/2009 by mungodave]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I am unsure if any of you have seen or read this, but I found it interesting.
Turns out the man that greeted President Obama in Mexico dies the next day from “flu” like symptoms!

HERE

Obama was received at Mexico’s anthropology museum in Mexico City by Felipe Solis, a distinguished archeologist who died the following day from symptoms similar to flu, Reforma newspaper reported. The newspaper didn’t confirm if Solis had swine flu or not.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Is this all just overblown?

To be honest I keep a pretty good handle on things but I haven't paid attention for the past week because I finally got a job...

Is this just being hyped by the media or is there actually a threat from this 'swine' flu?

Just starting to read info on it and it seems a bit disturbing if it's true. Still working my way through this monolithic thread, so apologies

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
For yer listening displeasure...

Don't Fear the Reaper

[edit on 4/26/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
mmm...9 minutes away from the emergency broadcast on Alex Jones' radio show

infowars.com...

9 minutes people, look sharp.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
www.the-health-gazette.com...

A Biology teacher from Australia, named Stephen Jones, has done extensive research into the H5N1 virus and compiled a list of natural foods that are effective against it and listed others that are detrimental.

The list may come as a surprise to many people since foods such as spirulina and echinacea are listed as detrimental. This strange occurrence is largely due to the fact that the virus is immune to 2 cytokines that the body produces (TNF-a and IL-6). Cytokines are compounds produced by the body’s immune system that attack and remove foreign bodies. The problem is that when a foreign body is immune to certain cytokines, the body sees that its immune response is not working and tries even harder, which can lead to what is called a cytokine storm, where the body becomes flooded with these compounds and they eventually destroy the body itself.

Foods such as Echinacea actually stimulate the production of these specific cytokines; hence consuming it is not a good idea if one suspects they may have the virus. During the 1918 Spanish Flu many healthy young people died from cytokine storms due to their immune systems overreacting. Consuming foods which suppress the production of cytokines TNF-a and IL-6 and enhance the production of the ones that actually are effective against the virus will aid the patient greatly. Other foods that create mucous in the respiratory tract, such as bananas, are also listed as detrimental due to the fact that the predominant breeding ground of the virus is the respiratory tract and another way in which a patient may suffer is due to the body's over production of mucous in this area.

Folk Medicines and Herbs to use and avoid with BirdFlu:

Read the full list as it maybe helpful for this Swine Flu as well and some of the "avoids" are surprising, such as Sambucol, which is a well known remedy for the average seasonal flu.

[edit on 25/4/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Also listening to this while at the same times Alex Jones info wars...
www.infowars.com...
Wow mind blowing...

He is explaining some of this...and answering questions. I have to say...he is not being sensational. He is pretty sane tonight!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

could you post here what he said on his show? I can't get it to come in for some reason

I would really love to know what he says!

Thanks,
FMF

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

Yes I certainly will...
I will do it as soon as possible!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by fullmoonfairy

could you post here what he said on his show? I can't get it to come in for some reason

I would really love to know what he says!

Thanks,
FMF

AJ usually uploads his shows on youtube pretty quick, check here:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

He doesn't seem to know anything more than has been posted in these threads but he is encouraging callers from Mexico and prioritizing calls from there so I guess it's interesting enough to keep listening.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Now he's trashing Mexico City calling it "the worst city in the world". I've never listened to him before but doubt that he's visited there. I take it he's usually this inflammatory and prejudiced? I wonder if people from Mexico are going to really want to talk to him that much after that comment.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Whewww! *radio show crisis averted*...Mr Wuppy provided a link that works, on another thread. I have so many I'm reading I can't remember which one it is...and still getting over my own "bug" I've had this week!

thanks a lot, and I would still love to see it in print if my link screws up!

Thanks!
FMF

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Alex Jones Video Channel

www.youtube.com...

Alex Jones live listen audiobox

www.infowars.com...

Alex Jones Website

www.infowars.com...

Article about the flu outbreak on Alex Jones Web Site

www.infowars.com...