It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 174
<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Good morning Omega
Good morning all.

Illinois 918 cases, Chicago 402, Cook county 278. That's a total of 680 confirmd cases and one death in Cook county

www.idph.state.il.us...

Apparantly they have added to the list of groups of people that are at high risk for influenza complications.

Persons considered at high-risk for complications of H1N1 virus infection are the same as those at high-risk from seasonal influenza. As more epidemiologic and clinical data become available, these high-risk groups may be revised.

Groups at higher risk for seasonal influenza complications include:

Children younger than 5-years-old (risk for severe complications from seasonal influenza is highest among children younger than 2-years-old)

Pregnant women

Adults 65-years of age and older

Persons with the following conditions: Chronic pulmonary (including asthma), cardiovascular (except hypertension), renal, hepatic, hematological (including sickle cell disease), neurologic, neuromuscular, or metabolic disorders (including diabetes mellitus);

Adults and children who have immunodeficiency or immunosuppression caused by medications such as corticosteroids and chemotherapy, or diseases such as HIV/AIDS, adrenal disease, or lupus

Persons younger than 19-years of age who are receiving long-term aspirin therapy

Residents of nursing homes and other chronic-care facilities

www.idph.state.il.us...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I don't know if this info has already ben posted, but has anybody seen this info on the Assistant principal that died in NY ?

Since that time, he had been in a medically induced coma and on a ventilator.

I don't understand why would they induce a coma

"We were treating him very aggressively," said Flushing Hospital spokesman Ole Pedersen.

"He was in critical condition. His family was saying that he had not, in fact, deteriorated, which was true, but he was still extremely critical. "

www.nypost.com...

His wife is not pleased with a comment that the mayor made about those that get the flu.

Lucky? The widow of the city's first swine flu victim blasted Mayor Bloomberg for saying New Yorkers should "consider yourself lucky" to get the virus.

"I'm not feeling very lucky. I'm sorry I can't agree with that," said Bonnie Wiener, whose husband, Assistant Principal Mitchell Wiener, died last week.

"My children are not feeling very lucky either," the widow added. "It's a very puzzling comment to make."

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Consider yourself lucky.

Sounds like he might know something that we don't. Like that that if you get this virus, and live (likely) you'll be resistant to something else later.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
# Canberra: 41 Year-Old is Territory’s First Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Case: Date: May 26, 2009 15:43 UTC Risk: Medium Multiple medi..12 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Toronto: Second National Influenza A (H1N1) Fatality Confirmed: Date: May 26, 2009 15:34 UTC Risk: Medium Multiple national and inter..12 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Albany: Test Results for Influenza A (H1N1) Pending for Woman on Same Flight as a Confirmed Case: Date: May 26, 2009 15:23 UTC Risk: ..12 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Chorzow: Poland's Third Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Case Reported in United States National: Date: May 26, 2009 15:16 UTC Risk: Medi..12 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Japan: Nationwide Influenza A (H1N1) Case Count Reaches 350; Schools Re-Opening in Hyogo and Osaka Prefectures : Date: May 26, 2009 1..12 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Latest Swine Flu Arkansas News
www.swineflunews.org...

Swine flu continues to wreak havoc
travelbyte.co.uk

Community meeting helps prevent spread of H1N1
www.kfvs12.com...

School Officials Ease Parents' Concerns Over H1N1
www.whiotv.com...

MCHS reports case of swine flu
www.richmondregister.com...

Russia introduces restrictions on pork imports from Japan
en.rian.ru...

CEL-SCI Developing Immune-Based Treatment Against Swine and Other H1N1 Flu Viruses Using Proprietary L.E.A.P.S. Technology
www.earthtimes.org...

Hmmm...
WHO: Countries taking needed action against swine flu
www.earthtimes.org...

Flu alert: DOH expands search for wedding guests
www.philstar.com...

Update: 2 Oklahoma counties record first swine flu cases
www.cherokeephoenix.org...

'Probable' swine flu case confirmed in Scotland
Eight new case possible cases have also been confirmed by the Scottish Government.
news.stv.tv...

H1N1 cases rise in Jalisco as test backlog diminishes
guadalajarareporter.com...

Pinoy family quarantined for A(H1N1) in Macau discharged
www.gmanews.tv...(H1N1)-in-Macau-discharged

DOH steps up vaccination measures
www.taipeitimes.com...

Davao MC not alarmed over monitored flu patients
www.pia.gov.ph...

Risking our future
www.manilatimes.net...

I.S. 238 Students Prepare To Go Back To School
www.ny1.com...

Pinoys in contact with 2 Taiwanese get tested
www.manilatimes.net...

2009 H1N1 Influenza A Virus
www.ars.usda.gov...

H1N1 virus may appear in Serbia this summer
www.emportal.rs...

# Czech Republic: Prague: 1 confirmed case. Source: Czech Radio Date: 26 May 2009, 15:17 GMT8 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Bahrain: Manama: 1 confirmed case. Source: Arab News Date: 26 May 20098 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Japan: Kanagawa prefecture: 1 confirmed caseSource: Asiha.comDate: 26 May 20098 minutes ago from twitterfeed

[edit on 5/26/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Good morning! Wow reading that...what a strange thing! I can not figure that out either!

I am going to do a little research, as this whole thing with all these folks with supposed "underlying conditions" is bothering me.

One thing that comes to mind here, is for certain, a factor. When a virus is transmitted, depending on the degree of illness in the carrier to that degree the virus will be passed on in that state, weakened or strong.
So in this case, if this principal was exposed to a student that had been to Mexico, and had the virus incubating them and it was in the state of gaining stregth could that be a factor?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by chise61

Consider yourself lucky.

Sounds like he might know something that we don't. Like that that if you get this virus, and live (likely) you'll be resistant to something else later.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Aeons, just read your post on the "other" thread...I think you should post that here as you may be on the money.

Hx3_1963 you should read that post if you have not, remember all we talked about and your thread too! The NAU Flu!

Aeons, wow just wow! You might have solved the whole "mystery"!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Aeons, wow just wow! You might have solved the whole "mystery"!

Don't know about that - I consider it a working theory. But thank you. If you find information to contradict or support it, I'd love to see it!

[edit on 2009/5/26 by Aeons]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'll repost it here on request.

Why would there be an intentional release of H1N1 that might concentrate in North America?

How about, viral infective innoculation of the population to H5N1?

Infection with this virus can lead to cross reactive antibodies to H5N1.

www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov...

I am going to use my own advice here and realize that most people don't see data, they only see stories. Let me tell you a story.

The person who coined this the NAU Flu may be correct.

If you are one of a group of people who make and direct policy globally, what is usually your primary concern?

We all know that answer - money. So let us, just as this flu does, follow the real money. Not in the details, but in its total grandeur.

What makes the money? Labour. Which labour is the hardest to replace? Which labour have you already put a lot of effort into? Which lines of trade are making you good solid continuous STABLE reliable money and labour?

The answer to all that is North America. Stable, (compared globally) highly educated, skilled labour. Hard working labour. Hard spending labour. Well groomed labour. Well controlled labour. Stable above all.

So if you know that if the worst thing that could happen to your stable working network of money and power could suddenly become heavily dysfunctional in a very short period of time what do you do.

I know everyone loves their "depopulation" theories. Here's a thought for you. Depopulating certain segments of your labour bases would be stupid. Like hacking off your arms so that you can get rid of warts.

So, if you could do things that would make sure your best lines of trade were protected....wouldn't you?

Vaccines work on the premise of introducing your body to enough of a virus to make your body resistant to variations of that virus. Sometimes for life.

When your body is introduced to this virus, you pick up a cross immunity to another virus. A much worse virus. H5N1.

If you wanted to protect your lines of trade and labour that are meant to be the seed for later, you could use their herd like behaviours and the freedoms they have to innoculate them to a depopulation virus. If may not grant total immunity, but lessening the impact could be very desirable all the same.

Using one virus to "vaccinate" people against another.

[edit on 2009/5/25 by Aeons]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I have read that and must agree it is a plausible scenario...

There's no telling how TPTB think about such things but... :shk:

UK Experts say they are worried someone could die as the measles outbreak in Wales affects 207 people #swineflu #h1n13 minutes ago from web

Four more swine flu cases diagnosed in Kansas
www2.ljworld.com...

Florida Swine Flu cases climb to 139
www.wptv.com...

More get flu jabs after warning
www.stuff.co.nz...

Hmmm...
H1N1 Flu's Genes Undetected For A Decade
www.wibw.com...

# Israel: Unknow region: 1 confirmed case.Source: Ynet NewsDate: 23 May 20096 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Norway: Unknow regions: 2 confirmed cases.Source: FolkehelseinstituttetDate: 26 May 20096 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# ECDC reporting death toll has reached 96 #swineflu #h1n1less than 20 seconds ago from web

# ECDC reporting Outside of the EU and EFTA countries, a total of 13,020 cases are currently reported #swineflu #h1n1less than a minute ago from web

# ECDC reporting that 43% of EU/EFTA cases have been caused by in-country infection #swineflu #h1n12 minutes ago from web

# ECDC reporting A total of 414 confirmed cases are now reported from 19 EU and EFTA countries #swineflu #h1n13 minutes ago from web

# ECDC reporting The 4 new cases reported from Italy had a travel history to New York #swineflu #h1n13 minutes ago from web

# ECDC reporting Additional new cases in Ireland (1), Italy (4), Spain (2). #swineflu #h1n14 minutes ago from web

# ECDC reporting 47 new cases in the UK, 44 of which associated with a school outbreak #swineflu #h1n14 minutes ago from web

# About 170 passengers reported as they disembarked the Australian cruise ship Pacific Dawn that they had flu-like symptoms #swineflu #h1n1less than 20 seconds ago from web

# Interesting that cases in Spain and Germany seem to be growing at 6%, Mexico and USA at 8%, Panama, Costa Rica at 10% #swineflu #h1n12 minutes ago from web

# This analysis does suggest that Japanese cases are slowing and that growth of infections elsewhere has plateaued #swineflu #h1n112 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

PSST...

Influenza virus can infect both human beings and animals notably pigs and birds. Three types of influenza viruses viz A, B and C are known. Only influenza A viruses have been reported to cause natural infections of birds. Type A influenza viruses are further divided into subtypes based on the antigenic relationships in surface glycoproteins heamagglutinin (HA) and neuraminidase (NA). At present 15 HA subtypes (H1-H15) and nine neuraminidase subtypes (N1-N9) have been recognized. Each virus has one H and one N antigen, apparently in any combination. The subtypes of influenza virus demonstrate species specificity and those, which infect animals, do not usually cause infection and disease in human beings. Fifteen subtypes of influenza virus are known to infect birds; some of these are highly pathogenic. To date, all outbreaks of the highly pathogenic form have been caused by influenza A viruses of subtypes H5 and H7. This “highly pathogenic avian influenza” is characterized in birds by sudden onset,severe illness, and rapid death, with a mortality that can approach 100%. Infections to human beings from poultry infected with H9 subtype have also been documented.

Recent evidence from China indicate that domestic ducks in southern China had a central role in the generation and maintenance of this virus, and that wild birds may have contributed to the increasingly wide spread of the virus in Asia. These results also suggest that H5N1 viruses with pandemic potential have become endemic in the region and are not easily eradicable. These developments pose a threat to public and veterinary health in the region and potentially the world, and suggest that long-term control measures are required.

Give me a few to find the rest

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Ten million (A)H1N1 vaccines by September: health minister
www.etaiwannews.com...

WHO defends decision not to declare pandemic
Some governments fear it would cause confusion, be politically damaging
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Belgium confirms 8th swine flu case
www.pr-inside.com...

Asia-Pacific region sees continuous spread of flu A/H1N1
news.xinhuanet.com...

Morris Hills HS reports "normal" attendance after swine flu scare
www.nj.com...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
www.google.com...

Little bits continue to seep out but they're getting more vauge and harder to come by.

SO grateful for the Borg's and people who are GREAT at finding news!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
France: Unknow regions: 5 confirmed cases.Source: Institut de Veille SanitaireDate: 25 may 2009, 13:00 Gmt5 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Unease Remains As Dozens Of NYC Schools Reopen
wcbstv.com...

Officials Confirm 2 More Local H1N1 Cases, Including 1 OSU Student
www.nbc4i.com...

22nd Case of H1N1 Confirmed in South Korea
english.ntdtv.com...

# Oklahoma: State Officials Confirm Nine New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Bringing State Total to 66: Date: May 26, 2009 16:29 UTC Risk:..17 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# San Miguelito: Two New Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Confirmed; Scarcity of Laboratory Supplies Reported: Date: May 26, 2009 16:00 UTC Ris..17 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Panama City: Two New Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Confirmed; Scarcity of Laboratory Supplies Reported: Date: May 26, 2009 15:55 UTC Risk:..18 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Alberta swine flu cases surpass 100
www.cbc.ca...

5 New Swine Flu Cases Confirmed In Miss.
Total Reported Cases Reach 13
www.wapt.com...

16 cases of H1N1 flu in Brown Co.
www.greenbaypressgazette.com...

WHO to refine flu pandemic criteria
24 minutes ago
www.google.com...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

These flus in birds obviously don't kill every bird that gets it. Ever seen anything that gives an idea what the difference is between the birds that live and the birds that die?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Remember a post I made a couple of days ago (not sure which thread,I've dropped off the other one...) about how the flu vaccine "need"would start to be amphed-up by MSM on fears about the "what if" regarding the flu vaccine?

Here ya' go:

abcnews.go.com...

"Vaccine Refusal Puts Kids at Risk for Whooping Cough"

They are not talking about the flu-shot here HOWEVER I'd venture to guess that the "you will be putting your kid at risk" terminology will very much continue to be seen more often in the coming weeks.

How dare you not consider their safety and well-being...kidding here.

"Parents need to know they place their children at a documented and real risk, as well as others, when they refuse vaccines based on inaccurate information," he said

The push will start soon.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by irishchic]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I have presented the Kuwait intel that was discussed Saturday to some people in the intel community....they have the ability to probe.........But I have a feeling we may run into a brick wall if its true........This would be very, very classified.......

I did get some info that some staff members at a hospital on the east coast were looking into the "drop dead" aspects of the virus........I guess there were a couple of very unusual deaths there.........They tested positive and family members said they showed very mild signs for several weeks before dropping dead............

I have not been able to confirm the drop dead theory that eco brought to the table by my source at CDC yet.........But hearing the theory outside this forum from a hospital is not good news.........

I am sure you already have "sudden deaths" plugged into you news feed.......

Not sure what else we need to plug in???

Maybe little green men......

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
the "drop dead" phenomena is most likely the cytokine storm.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
MERRY XMAS should get you on the right track for what you are looking into.

Avian influenza usually does not make wild birds sick, but can make domesticated birds very sick and kill them. Avian influenza A viruses do not usually infect humans; however, several instances of human infections and outbreaks have been reported since 1997. When such infections occur, public health authorities monitor the situation closely because of concerns about the potential for more widespread infection in the human population if the virus mutates and mixes with human-flu viruses, and suddenly starts spreading as swiftly and devastatingly among people as it has among chickens

The first documented infection of humans with an avian influenza virus occurred in Hong Kong in 1997, when the H5N1 strain caused severe respiratory disease in 18 humans, of whom 6 died. The infection of humans coincided with an epidemic of highly pathogenic avian influenza,
caused by the same strain, in Hong Kong’s poultry population.
Extensive investigation of that outbreak determined that close contact with live infected poultry was the source of human infection. Studies at the genetic level further determined that the virus had jumped directly from birds to humans. Limited transmission to health care workers occurred, but did not cause severe disease.
Rapid destruction – within three days – of Hong Kong’s entire poultry population, estimated at around 1.5 million birds, reduced opportunities for further direct transmission to humans, and may have averted a pandemic.

Year: Country: Cases: Deaths: Type of Influenza A Virus:

1997 Hong Kong 18 6 H5N1

1999 Hong Kong 2 0 H9N2

1999 Mainland China Several ? H9N2

2003 Hong Kong 2 1 H5N1

2003 Netherlands 80 1 H7N7

2003 Hong Kong 1 1 H9N2

2004 Thailand 12 8 H5N1

2004 Vietnam 23 15 H5N1

2004 Canada 1 0 H7

This is an avian influenza chart from 2004 notice anything different?

The importance of H5N1 subtype of Influenza virus type A
Of the 15 avian influenza virus subtypes, H5N1 is of particular concern for several reasons. H5N1 mutates rapidly and has a documented propensity to acquire genes from viruses infecting other animal species. Its ability to cause severe disease in humans has now been documented on two occasions. In addition, laboratory studies have demonstrated that isolates from this virus have a high pathogenicity and can cause severe disease in humans. Birds that survive infection excrete virus for at least 10 days, orally and in faeces, thus facilitating further spread at live poultry markets and by migratory birds.

PAY ATTENTION TO THIS ONE

The most recent cause for alarm occurred in January 2004, when laboratory tests confirmed the presence of H5N1 avian influenza virus in human cases of severe respiratory disease in the northern part of Viet Nam. The epidemic of highly pathogenic avian influenza caused by H5N1,
is presumed to have begun in mid-December 2003 in the Republic of Korea and is now being seen in other Asian countries, is therefore of particular public health concern. H5N1 subtype has already demonstrated a capacity to directly infect humans in 1997, and have done so again
in Viet Nam and Thailand in January 2004.
The spread of infection in birds increases the opportunities for direct infection of humans. If more humans become infected over time, the likelihood also increases that humans, if concurrently infected with human and avian influenza strains, could serve as the “mixing vessel” for the emergence of a novel subtype with sufficient
human genes to be easily transmitted from person to person. Such an event would mark the start of an influenza pandemic.

Pigs can be infected with both human and avian influenza viruses in addition to swine influenza viruses. Infected pigs get symptoms similar to humans, such as cough, fever, and runny nose.
####Because pigs are susceptible to avian, human and swine influenza viruses, they potentially may be infected with influenza viruses from different species (e.g., ducks and humans) at the same time. If this happens, it is possible for the genes of these viruses to mix and create a new virus.####
####For example, if a pig were infected with a human influenza virus and an avian influenza virus at the same time, the viruses could mix (reassort) and produce a new virus that had most of the genes from the human virus, but a hemagglutinin and/or neuraminidase from the avian
virus. The resulting new virus would likely be able to infect humans and spread from person to person, but it would have surface proteins (hemagglutinin and/or neuraminidase) not previously seen in influenza viruses that infect humans.
####
####This type of major change in the influenza A
viruses is known as antigenic shift. Antigenic shift results when a new influenza A subtype to which most people have little or no immune protection infects humans. If this new virus causes illness in people and can be transmitted easily from person to person, an influenza pandemic
can occur.
####

While it is unusual for people to get influenza infections directly from animals, sporadic human infections and outbreaks caused by certain avian influenza A viruses have been reported. ####The exact epidemiology of avian influenza and precise mechanisms of transmission of these viruses to human-beings need to be fully elucidated.####
Once influenza virus is established in domestic poultry, it is a highly contagious disease and wild birds are no longer an essential ingredient for spread. Infected birds excrete virus in high concentration in their faeces and also in nasal and ocular discharges. Once introduced into a
flock, the virus is spread from flock to flock by the usual methods involving the movement of infected birds, contaminated equipment, egg flats, feed trucks, and service crews, to mention a few. The disease generally spreads rapidly in a flock by direct contact, but on occasions spread is erratic

Airborne transmission may occur if birds are in close proximity and with appropriate air movement. Birds are readily infected via instillation of virus into the conjunctival sac, nares, or the trachea. Preliminary field and laboratory evidence indicates that virus can be recovered from the yolk and albumen of eggs laid by hens at the height of the disease. The possibility of vertical transmission is unresolved; however, it is unlikely infected embryos could survive and hatch. Attempts to hatch eggs in disease isolation cabinets from a broiler breeder flock at the
height of disease failed to result in any avian influenza -infected chickens

####Influenza viruses are members of the family Orthomyxoviridae. These are classified into types A, B or C based on differences between their nucleoprotein and matrix protein antigens.
Influenza viruses are further categorised into subtypes according to the antigens of the haemagglutinin (H) and neuraminidase (N) projections on their surfaces. There are 15 haemagglutinin subtypes and 9 neuraminidase subtypes of influenza A viruses. While all subtypes can be found in birds, only 3 subtypes of HA (H1, H2 and H3) and two subtypes of
NA (N1 and N2) are known to have circulated widely in humans.####
Influenza types A or B viruses cause epidemics of disease in human beings almost everywinter.
#### Influenza type C infections cause a mild respiratory illness and are not thought to cause
epidemics.####
Influenza type A viruses are divided into subtypes based on two proteins on the surface of the virus. These proteins are called hemagglutinin (H) and neuraminidase (N). The current subtypes of influenza A viruses found in people are A(H1N1) and A(H3N2). Influenza B and C viruses are not divided into subtypes. Influenza A(H1N1), A(H3N2), and influenza B
strains are included in each year's influenza vaccine.

###The reported symptoms of avian influenza in humans have ranged from typical influenza-like symptoms (e.g., fever, cough, sore throat and muscle aches) to eye infections, pneumonia,
acute respiratory distress, viral pneumonia, and other severe and life-threatening complications.###

####PUBLISHED INFORMATION about the clinical course of human infection with H5N1 avian influenza is limited to studies of cases in the 1997 Hong Kong outbreak.#### In that outbreak, patients developed symptoms of fever, sore throat, cough and, in several of the fatal cases, severe respiratory distress secondary to viral pneumonia. Previously healthy adults and children, and some with chronic medical conditions, were affected.####

####AKA DON'T GET ME IN TROUBLE!!!!####

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

I am not sure if you saw one of Hx3 post yesterday........ A link reporting 28 new cases of H5N1 in some villiage........Maybe when Hx3 comes back he can post where.......

As I pointed out to him yesterday........28 cases in one week is a lot......

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I'll see if I can track it down if some else doesn't beat me to it

School in panic after swine flu bombshell
www.qt.com.au...

Critically ill man is listed as 'probable' swine flu case
news.stv.tv...

New clinics to combat swine flu spread
www.news.com.au...

66 More Cases Of H1N1 Flu Confirmed
7 Of Newly Confirmed Cases Needed Hospitalization

www.thebostonchannel.com...

WHO to consult flu, public health experts in bid to refine when to call pandemic
28 minutes ago
www.google.com...

top topics

<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join