It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

I would think Arizona or New Mexico would be logical given that it has shown up in California and Texas already. However, Mexico City is one of the busiest and most international cities in the world so I'm not sure that land proximity is going to have anything to do with it. Why are you thinking Florida?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingHigh404

your right,
never saw such a warning banner and never saw the site go down either...
this is strange...
maybe their server overloaded or something?hum...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Dr writing into BBC from mexico saying fatalities much higher than what's being reported and says over 200 is closer to the truth.

source

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I work as a resident doctor in one of the biggest hospitals in Mexico City and sadly, the situation is far from "under control". As a doctor, I realise that the media does not report the truth. Authorities distributed vaccines among all the medical personnel with no results, because two of my partners who worked in this hospital (interns) were killed by this new virus in less than six days even though they were vaccinated as all of us were. The official number of deaths is 20, nevertheless, the true number of victims are more than 200. I understand that we must avoid to panic, but telling the truth it might be better now to prevent and avoid more deaths.

Yeny Gregorio Dávila, Mexico City

via the BBC
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Apparently Sky News/Twitter has reported that a crew member from an Mexico/America flight (now in the UK, Heathrow) is ill and was taken to an hospital.

Pandemic warning: BA crew member on Mexico flight rushed to hospital as 68 die in swine flu outbreak. Cases spread to U.S.

Source

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Nice find, cosmicpixie. I'm definitely bookmarking that discussion and it sounds like the residents of Mexico City are now going to great measures to contain this thing and disinfect office equipment, etc. It's good to be able to read up on the discussion going on right in the middle of it. It's also interesting to check out the discussions about how the tourist industry in all of Mexico is being affected by overblown stories of gang and drug violence and now this...I'm not saying reporting of this potential pandemic is overblown but the economic consequences can be huge and it could happen to any region on earth.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Todays Press Briefs 25Apr09

terrance.who.int...

www.who.int...

still the h1n1 ... no its not a new virus but it is still h1n1 but as far as they have released there has been no mention in change to morphology.

(Press Brief Yesterday 24Apr09)
www.who.int...

~ LeAto

*edited with updated information*

[edit on 25-4-2009 by LeAto]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

That's good too. I was mainly trying to let people know to be aware that now matter what you cough or sneeze into, the virus will be on it. Viruses can live for days on many surfaces as well.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey

I would think Arizona or New Mexico would be logical given that it has shown up in California and Texas already. However, Mexico City is one of the busiest and most international cities in the world so I'm not sure that land proximity is going to have anything to do with it. Why are you thinking Florida?

im thinking florida because its one of the most populous states . number four behind california, texas and new york.
also its like mexico city in a way and is a huge international hub for travel.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I would guess Florida also, then Nevada, and New Mexico...

Here is a link to the confirmed new cases in Kansas, and New York.

uk.reuters.com...

Swine Flu Maybe Engineered Bioterrorisim Attack

On 23 rd April 2009 the world began to become aware of a very strange new version of swine flu H1N1 in Mexico with limited cases in Texas and California. By the morning of the 24th of April, we began hear that there were hundreds of sick and 20 or so dead. By late in the day, we have learned that over 1,000 are now reported ill and over 60 are reported dead. There are solid reasons to suspect that this new Mexican Swine Flu is NOT a naturally occurring event but instead is an Advanced Biological Warfare recombination DNA genetically engineered virus.

www.opednews.com...

[edit on 25-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
From Twitter
twitter.com...
Mexican health officials now allowed to isolate swine influenza cases and enter private residences to implement control measures.
less than 20 seconds ago from web

Mexican Health Ministry receives approval to implement "extraordinary measures" to control swine influenza.
1 minute ago from web

Mexican Health Minister confirms 44 new fatal swine influenza cases; total reaches 64.
3 minutes ago from web

How long before we (in the U.S.) end up with the same loss of rights and power "extraordinary measures" which would mean DHS would have full power if they though you were infected.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by severdsoul]

[edit on 25-4-2009 by severdsoul]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by netron
I work as a resident doctor in one of the biggest hospitals in Mexico City and sadly, the situation is far from "under control". As a doctor, I realise that the media does not report the truth. Authorities distributed vaccines among all the medical personnel with no results, because two of my partners who worked in this hospital (interns) were killed by this new virus in less than six days even though they were vaccinated as all of us were. The official number of deaths is 20, nevertheless, the true number of victims are more than 200. I understand that we must avoid to panic, but telling the truth it might be better now to prevent and avoid more deaths.

Yeny Gregorio Dávila, Mexico City

via the BBC
news.bbc.co.uk...

I always assume that the number presented represent CONFIRMED cases. Most cases will not be confirmed. There is no lab on the planet that can handle the sheer numbers.

I believe you, because it is sensible to assume that the officials will only report what they have confirmed. It is also sensible to assume that most cases cannot or will never be confirmed.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Hold On To Your Hats! This is Why

On 23 rd April 2009 the world began to become aware of a very strange new version of swine flu H1N1 in Mexico with limited cases in Texas and California. By the morning of the 24th of April, we began hear that there were hundreds of sick and 20 or so dead. By late in the day, we have learned that over 1,000 are now reported ill and over 60 are reported dead. There are solid reasons to suspect that this new Mexican Swine Flu is NOT a naturally occurring event but instead is an Advanced Biological Warfare recombination DNA genetically engineered virus.....
....This event is an advanced biological warfare event. It is far more important than 9/11 and, by itself, could bring deaths in such magnitudes as to exceed the number of deaths from all causes in the Second World War.

www.opednews.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
well looks like its not arizona or florida..

twitter.com...

Suspected swine influenza cases reported in Minnesota and Massachusetts.
5 minutes ago from web

I wish they linked to the site they got the info from though. I've never even been to twitters website until today, had no need. But no links to the actual information is not encouraging me to again.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I read in another thread that the president said he will not close the borders under any circumstances. Anyone else hear this? if it's true, God help us!!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Maybe this will help get the border closed!

Mexico’s Calderon Declares Emergency Amid Swine Flu Outbreak

Mexican President Felipe Calderon declared an emergency in his country’s swine flu outbreak, giving him powers to order quarantines and suspend public events.

Authorities have canceled school at all levels in Mexico City and the state of Mexico until further notice, and the government has shut most public and government activities in the area. The emergency decree, published today in the state gazette, gives the president authority to take more action.

Anyone else thinking what I am thinking???

Martial Law Anyone???

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I live in Ohio, and to be honest not much exciting happens here….
But this is starting to make me a little nervous.
I am a student working on a master’s degree and I use the RSOE map daily.
I have never witnessed a warning scroll bar, and the numbers they were providing were in the thousands. Mexico’s illnesses were listed as catastrophic, and now the site is no longer working (at least in every computer in the library at my university)
I am getting very nervous, is this that moment we all have been talking/thinking about for so long?

[edit on 25-4-2009 by FlyingHigh404]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
sigh

One can only hope that this will blow over as the others have.

This world seems to turn uglier by the day and sometimes it seems to be difficult to find something positive to look for.

Just wanted to say that I feel for those affected by this and hope that it doesn't spread much further.

It's another case of innocents dying...no matter the cause....and I hope that no more of these cases are fatal..although I know that probably will not be the case.

I will be keeping an eye on this...and thanks to those who are diligently scouring the web looking for new information on this matter.

Doesn't it sometimes feel like all of the cards are stacked against us?

Cripes.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingHigh404

You are in the U.S....I think you will be ok! Even if you were to catch this, so far everyone here has recovered.

I am a bit scared too, but not too much of the flu. More of what the results of this whole scare/event will be. Maybe I am being to optimistic...but so far that is the way it looks here in the U.S.

reply to post by David9176

Hey there, you know it is sad - I can not help but notice that it is reported The U.S. & Mexico outbreak are from the same strain...but the difference between the results of the infections are stark...how is that?

I am not sure that could be caused entirely from other conditions, such as water, sanitation, etc....I sure hope this stops!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Yeah, I know what you mean David but hang in there. I am a lucky person in that I do not have to go anywhere at the moment and could easily stay home for the next month or so without losing my job or my home. After that I think I'd probably have to go shopping again.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join