It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 166
<< 163  164  165    167  168  169 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
A Russian health official says that a Russian who returned from the United States has been confirmed as the country's first swine flu case.2 minutes ago from web

# Antwerp: One New Confirmed Case of Influenza A(H1N1) Reported: Date: May 22, 2009 12:47 UTC Risk: Medium Multiple national source rep..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Mexico: 116 Additional Cases and Three Additional Fatal Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Increases to 4,008 Cases and 78 Deat..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Adelaide: One New Influenza A (H1N1) Case Confirmed and Another Suspected; Both Related to State’s First Confirmed Case: Date: May 22..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Godoy Cruz: One Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Case Causes Social Unrest: Date: May 22, 2009 12:29 UTC Risk: Low Multiple South America..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Melbourne: Two More Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Confirmed; Neither Had Known Contact with Other Influenza A (H1N1) Cases: Date: May 22, ..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Swine flu genes circulated undetected
www.google.com...

New flu cases move beyond ties to Mexico
www.canada.com...

15 Suspected Cases of Swine Flu in Bulgaria
www.swineflunews.org...

14 more confirmed H1N1 cases in Indiana
www.wane.com...

Officials Confirm Local Probable H1N1 Case
www.nbc4i.com...

Avian influenza - situation in Egypt - update 16
www.who.int...

WHO chief says H1N1 flu to hit world's poor harder
www.channelnewsasia.com...

Second swine flu case confirmed in Mohave County
www.kingmandailyminer.com...

The challenges of avian influenza virus: Mechanism, epidemiology and control
www.eurekalert.org...

Swine flu on the increase
www.mg.co.za...

HK reports 4th H1N1 flu infection
www.chinadaily.com.cn...

City schools report swine flu case in student
www.publicbroadcasting.net...

UPDATE: Hospital care for Saginaw County's first confirmed swine flu victim
www.mlive.com...

ND Has More Swine Flu Cases
www.kfyrtv.com...

Belgium: Provincie Antwerpen: 1 confirmed caseSource: Influenza.be (Dutch) ( Francais ) ( English google translated )Date: 22 May 200911 minutes ago from twitterfeed

US embassy thanks Turkey over helping swine flu alarm
www.worldbulletin.net...

Spain confirms 11 new cases of swine flu
www.gmanews.tv...

Swine flu case suspected in Moradabad
www.dailyindia.com...

Food factories help viruses spread and evolve
www.enn.com...

[edit on 5/22/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I don't think we are going to see any real "meat" come out of the U.S. today being a holiday weekend.........They are wanting us to go out and blow what money we have left before they knock us off.........

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Agreed...this really sucks...

Half aren't updating on any real schedule and now this holiday...

Come Tuesday we're liable to be 20k+ with 130+ dead

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I am still waiting for military movement..........I have not mentioned it as of late.......but I still think when the SHTF we will see domestic movement......

Also you may want to be on the look out for dead bird reports..........Before all of this started I was following the dead bird issue very closely........

I originally thought last fall that H5N1 would be released through birds in the US wich would force the manditory vaccination upon the citizens.....

There where a lot of dead bird reported last fall and winter in the US and I know what the media was telling you was far from the truth through my sources........

A poster mentioned today on another thread he is seeing dead robins on the ground in kansas..........

So you may want to plug in dead birds in your news feed and see if you get any US hits............

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Mornin everyone!
Vaccinations for everyone! It is becoming crystal clear this is what they have planned!

Pandemics: avoiding the mistakes of 1918
By John M. Barry
John M. Barry is a Distinguished Scholar at the Center for Bioenvironmental Research of Tulane and Xavier Universities, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA. He is author of The Great Influenza: The Epic Story of the Deadliest Plague In History.
Email: jbarry@tulane.edu

As bodies piled up, the United States' response to the 'Spanish flu' was to tell the public that there was no cause for alarm. The authority figures who glossed over the truth lost their credibility, says John M. Barry.

In the next influenza pandemic, be it now or in the future, be the virus mild or virulent, the single most important weapon against the disease will be a vaccine. The second most important will be communication. History has shown that to cut vaccine production time, minimize economic and social disruption, deliver health care and even food, governments need to communicate well — both between themselves and with the public.

www.nature.com...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Good heads up!

I've been plugging in Bird Flu and other diseases into the posts and will try the dead bird angle...

Seems S America...Chile/Portugal have been seeing birds dying also Hmmm...

Could get to another uglier level soon eh?

Good thing they stocked up on all those mass grave containers huh? :shk:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

That didn't take long

Dead bird dilemma
The Bakersfield Californian | Monday, May 18 2009 09:13 PM
www.bakersfield.com...

Recently, we found two dead birds in our yard. It seems that over the years we have been told to call the authorities when this happens because it can be an indication that West Nile virus is in the area.

I try to follow the rules and laws. I called the first number I found and they gave me another number to call. I called the second number and they, in turn, gave me another number to call. I have no idea who these people were.

The third party took my phone number and zip code. She then went on to tell me they don't pick up these birds. So now what is one supposed to do?

What a joke! My husband got his shovel and buried the poor birds. So much for that situation. By the way, no one ever called me after I gave them my number.
Hmmm...

Warning as swine flu surges past 10,000 mark
www.brisbanetimes.com.au...

Oh Snap! Japan Hasn't Forgotten About the Swine Flu Thing
www.tressugar.com...

First swine flu case in Hampshire
news.bbc.co.uk...

Comparison of the performance of the rapid antigen detection actim Influenza A&B test and RT-PCR in different respiratory specimens.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
(per Redhatty)

Clinical Evaluation of the SD Bioline Influenza Virus Antigen Test for Rapid Detection of Influenza Viruses A and B in Children and Adults during the Influenza Season
(per Redhatty)
www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Just a little more info to make you go HHMMMMM....

A couple months ago at one of the international airports on the east coast.......in two seperate events..........a passenger who's flight originated in China was carring in their suitcase "live" canaries neatly packed in very small boxes.........The boxes are a key here.......I was told these were speacial containers to keep the birds alive.........

I was not privileged to any further info or how the birds tested.........

And of course you did not see this in the media anywhere......

I know a poultry farm in KY last March tested positive to H5N1 and all the birds where killed..........no other birds in the area where affected......Now this is in the media.........

The more I think about it, the more I feel we may see the H5N1 mutate here with H1N1 instead of China.........

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

West Nile virus is in the area.

West Nile does play a role in the death of birds as well as many other causes......California does have the west nile as well......

Two birds, not too worried.........5-10 birds in a yard........I am worried..

The poster from kansas saw 6 dead birds in a yard..........Being in KS it could be poisoning done by some farmer......I asked him where he lived to no response as of yet........There are so many things to rual out........

Originally posted by devonne2007
I have seen 6 dirds within the past 2 days. I haven't been looking for them they have just been in the path of where I have been going. All Robins. I live in Kansas and I have never seen this before. I thought maybe it was an omen but I have looked into it and I'm not the only one to notice.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But when you see all kinds of birds dying in the hundreds........

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenixs1

You are absolutely right. That is the post I was thinking of and somehow got it mixed up with an official statement.

Thanks for the good memory!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The U.S. government said on Friday that it was setting aside $1 billion to help companies develop a vaccine against the new strain of H1N1 influenza that is sweeping the world.

Reuters

The problem confronting city officials is how to quell that fear without coming across as insensitive to normal parental concerns or out of touch with New Yorkers in the mainly working-class, immigrant-heavy communities who appear most worried. One assemblyman this week compared the situation to the fear that gripped New York after the Sept. 11 attacks and said it was the mayor's duty to do a better job of calming people.

Chicago Tribune

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
One more suspected case of swine flu in Hyderabad
www.indopia.in...

Biotech industry group alights on La Gloria to test backyard pigs
www.grist.org...

Lessons suspended in 18 schools in Lima over flu
www.monstersandcritics.com...

Oshkosh health officials announce two confirmed H1N1 virus cases in city, expect more
www.thenorthwestern.com...

H1N1: Seven confirmed Swine flu cases at Joel Barlow
acorn-online.com

Uttar Pradesh reports first suspected swine flu case
www.bombaynews.net...

Mild case of swine flu at Bedford Middle School
lohud.com...

Russia confirms 1st H1N1 flu patient
www.chinadaily.com.cn...

Update on H1N1 (Swine Flu) Virus for Friday, May 22
www.wytv.com...

New 3-D structural model of critical H1N1 protein developed
www.physorg.com...

Confirmed cases of swine flu rise to 366 in NY
www.cbs6albany.com...

Swine flu cases hit 69 in Kan.
www.cjonline.com...

Let’s not sit back over flu threat
www.nation.co.ke...

Eight more UK cases of swine flu
news.bbc.co.uk...

Town's first victim of swine flu
news.bbc.co.uk...

Child confirmed with swine flu
news.bbc.co.uk...

# Handsworth: One New Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Triggers School Closing: Date: May 22, 2009 15:29 UTC Risk: Medium The Briti..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

# Chiapas: 17 Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Reaches 57 Confirmed Cases: Date: May 22, 2009 15:12 UTC Risk: Me..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

# Coahuila: First Two Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed by Coahuila State Health Ministry: Date: May 22, 2009 15:02 UTC Risk: Mediu..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

# Tasmania: Victorian Resident Tests Negative for Influenza A (H1N1); Schools Advised to Exclude Students Recently Returned from North Amer..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I almost forgot to mention............

My daughter who is 13 best friend whom she spent the night with Sunday night.......is now sick..........She missed school yesterday.......

Her symptoms are fever, diareara, vomiting, headaches, fatigue, dehydration, ........all sounds too familiar

The little girl was headed to the doctor this am and my wife told her mom to demand for her to be tested......

I will keep you posted.........

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

WHO adds deadliness to flu pandemic threshold
www.google.com...

GENEVA (AP) — The World Health Organization says it will examine swine flu's evolving danger to humans before declaring a pandemic.

WHO's announcement that it is going to include new criteria comes after a number of countries pressed it to review how it will declare a global flu epidemic, so that issues beyond the virus' spread are taken into account.

U.N. flu chief Dr. Keiji Fukuda told a news conference Friday that the new definition of what would constitute phase 6 on the agency's six-phase pandemic alert scale had yet to be established. He said danger to humans will be included.

Britain, China, Japan and other countries urged WHO this week at its annual meeting to be cautious before moving from its current phase 5, as such a move could have economic consequences.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.
More at Link...

Why No Flu Pandemic? Define Pandemic
www.npr.org...

NEWS SCAN: E coli outbreak, viable frozen flu viruses, progress on virus-sharing
www.cidrap.umn.edu...
(per JBA2848)

THOMPSON CALLS FOR MORE PUBLIC INFORMATION ON THE THREAT AND RESPONSE TO H1N1 VIRUS
www.nyrealestatelawblog.com...
(per EDteach)

Confirmed H1N1 flu cases continue to rise in Halton
www.burlingtonpost.com...

Back Door:
WHO urges hospitals to join climate change battle
www.reuters.com...

Tests of new flu virus suggests more are out there
www.reuters.com...

Pig populations need to be monitored for flu: study
www.swineflunews.org...

Human infection with new influenza A (H1N1)
virus: clinical observations from Mexico and
other affected countries, May 2009
www.who.int...
(per lunieri)

Harbor County Case of swine flu reported
www.thedailyworld.com...

# WHO says it will examine swine flu's evolving danger to humans before declaring a pandemic - now there's a surprise #swineflu #h1n13 minutes ago from web

# Of course the figures show H1N1 is about FOUR times as lethal as the last two pandemics /cgoc47 #swineflu #h1n12 minutes ago from web

# Trouble is governments struggling with recession don't want to stop air travel and do the things required by pandemic rules #swineflu #h1n1half a minute ago from web

# That's why WHO have been put under so much pressure to change the pandemic rules #swineflu #h1n13 minutes ago from web

# As you can see from my graphs, H1N1 continues solid upward growth of cases /cgoc47 #swineflu #h1n12 minutes ago from web

# CFR is solid at 0.77%, which is x4 the pandemics of '57 & '68 yet official PR tries to claim it's not that serious #swineflu #h1n1half a minute ago from web

Huge surge of new cases in Japan is significant as is the fact that cases are not declining like you'd expect #swineflu #h1n13 minutes ago from web

# CDC have announced 6552 cases with 9 deaths, up a hefty 788 on the day #swineflu #h1n17 minutes ago from web

# The CDC announcement materially changes the picture and so I've updated my graphs at /cgoc47 #swineflu #h1n14 minutes ago from web

# As you can see the 5day new case average has shifted upwards strongly to 696 well above long term average 578 #swineflu #h1n13 minutes ago from web

# I've also added a linear trendline and you can see it also shows the strong upward trend in new cases #swineflu #h1n12 minutes ago from web

# Also in the graphs at /cgoc47 you can see the marked up-tick in new US cases and total cases #swineflu #1n1half a minute ago from web

The only up-side (if you can call it that) of CDC's announcement is that the CFR drops to 0.72% still far above '57 and '68 #swineflu #h1n12 minutes ago from web

www.peterosborn.com...
twitter.com...

New Jersey: State Officials Confirm 25 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1); Schools Report Closures due to Cases : Date: May 22, 2009 15:35 U..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

As far as your question about who are the CDC/WHO puppets of, I can only guess. My instinct tells me big business and big pharm at the same time. To me, it explains why they want to scare people into taking an ineffective drug, while assuring people that it's ok to go to the mall this weekend!

ETA: One more case of manipulation: I have searched this thread and others and cannot find the link I was looking for, but didn't someone post that all cases that did not require a ventilator were being called mild?

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Cameoii]

1. Ditto here...follow the money...even Dr. Chan's (of WHO) speech alludes to this, see: www.abovetopsecret.com...

2. I'm sorry I can't provide exact source citations (info. overload!) but maybe in Canada all cases that don't require a ventilator are deemed mild, but in the U.S. it's hospitalization that CDC is using to count cases?

I'm living in Cali now, and I will admit that at least they have provided some detailed info. to the media, & CDC re: specific snapshot hospitalizations data and what-not, but you know we are considered the left coast as well as really needing to butter-up because of the financial mess the state is in...

--

[edit on 22-5-2009 by sonjah1]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
WHO to consider severity of flu before declaring pandemic
www.cbc.ca...

RT @GetReady: CDC: 42,000 students are out of school because of the H1N1 virus #swineflu #h1n17 minutes ago from TweetDeck

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Can anyone explain why AP reported 10 deaths associated with H1N1 and CDC is only reporting 9 deaths???

Sounds like (and may be) a dumb question because we all know the numbers are skewed anyhow. But I don't believe this is a lag in CDC reporting because it's been like this for a couple days now.

CDC: 9 deaths www.cdc.gov...

AP Writer: 10 deaths www.pantagraph.com... The young man from Utah was the 1st fatality from the state, I believe.

I might be in error--have missed a case or something-- so I'll withhold my comments about CDC/MSM for now

-

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Twenty-seven cases of A(H1N1) swine flu virus have been confirmed in Georgia as of today, but none are in the ten-county Northwest Georgia Public Health district, which includes Polk County.

Seventeen of the currently confirmed Georgia cases are clustered in Henry County and linked one particular school, while the others are in Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb (2), DeKalb, Fulton (3), Newton and Rockdale counties. The Newton and Rockdale cases are also linked to the Henry County school.
The Ceder Town News--- Yesterday

Just a note to my Georgia neighbors.

So far no cases of swine flu in South Georgia.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

*I think* it has to do with the baby in NY...

The ol' flip-flop...yes it did...no it didn't...

ECDC reporting 9% increase in reported confirmed cases in EU/EFTA countries totalling 316 confirmed cases #swineflu #h1n11 minute ago from web

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
WHO to consider severity of flu before declaring pandemic
www.cbc.ca...

Source courtesy of Hx3:

"What we are looking for and what we will be looking for is something, events, which signify a really substantial increase in risk of harm to people," Keiji Fukuda, the WHO's acting assistant director general, told a news conference in Geneva on Friday."(bold mine)

So they are supposed to be a preventative, disease control org., but they want to see more "events", i.e. deaths, which are already happening and by all accounts under-reported???

Just where is their threshold?

--

[edit on 22-5-2009 by sonjah1]

new topics

top topics

<< 163  164  165    167  168  169 >>

join