It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 160
<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
There is an updated map for the US with this link.www.recombinomics.com...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

There are different nutritional guidelines for the different ages of children making it possible to have more than one food provider/supplier per district anywhere in the USA. Like you said, sick children at one closed school have siblings at another that isn't closed or has as many sick children.......

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Official: Underlying condition present in N.Y. swine flu death

An assistant principal who died after being hospitalized with the H1N1 virus did have an underlying condition, the New York City's health commissioner said Monday.

But Dr. Thomas Frieden would not discuss the nature of the condition.

www.cnn.com...

Again keeping the public in the dark by not telling us more about the "alleged" underlying condition. Surprise. Surprise.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by ZombieSlayer]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The Russians are working on a vaccine.english.pravda.ru...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

Or maby it such a common underlying condition that they are afraid that it would cause a panic if it was made public.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
New Methods Could Speed Production of Flu Vaccines
www.cbc.ca...

U.S. health officials troubled by new flu pattern
www.reuters.com...

Flu pandemic may be unfolding: WHO
www.reuters.com...

"We are safe" WHO boss tells flu meet, after break-in
www.reuters.com...

Video: NYC Mayor addresses swine flu death
www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

You know I worry about that all of the time...

We have had this year in the schools...poison beef,and peanut butter products...In our schools and nursing homes...

I am so glad this is my sons last week of school then we get summer break...
I have been holding my breath for weeks since this stuff got going good....Just praying we can get to summer break...

At least I can protect him and my grand baby for a couple of months...

I am sickened every time we turn around more of our food supplies are poisoned with something or another...and it is worse for our schools and nursing homes...I am sure prisons get this poisoned crap too...

They all get institutionalized food...GARBAGE...In other words...Cheap garbage...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Good day all! I have been out for a few days, missed alot!

Special thanks to Hx3_1963 for his unwavering updates! Stars for all! Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread, and have added great input!

Sixty-second World Health Assembly

WHO/Cédric Vincensini

Date: 18-22 May 2009
The 62nd session of the World Health Assembly is taking place in Geneva during 18-22 May 2009. At this session, the Health Assembly is scheduled to discuss a number of public health issues, including:

~pandemic influenza preparedness: sharing of influenza viruses and ~access to vaccines and other benefits;
~implementation of the International Health Regulations;
~primary health care, including health system strengthening;
~social determinants of health; and
~monitoring the achievement of the health-related Millennium ~Development Goals.

www.who.int...

World Health Assembly opens amid concerns about flu pandemic

www.who.int...

Concern over flu pandemic justified

www.who.int...

WHO Updates International H1N1 Situation: 40 Countries Reported 8829 Cases
sharing.govdelivery.com...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Swine flu to have 'notable economic impact' - IMF

THE global spread of swine flu could have notable effects on the world economy, according to a senior IMF official, who's warned the financial crisis is far from over.

John Lipsky, first deputy managing director of the International Monetary Fund, says the risks posed by the new type of flu are "hard to predict'' but it could have "notable economic effects.''

The global downturn is "far from over,'' he said in a speech in Tokyo, suggesting that many Asian nations have room to cut interest rates further to spur a recovery in their economies.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Thanks for the update on your sit...and glad you feel better!

Flu fear closes 16 New York City schools
washingtontimes.com...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Sorry for the delayed response. This is what I've found so far:

The median age of hospitalized individuals with swine flu is 15, which is younger than occurs with regular seasonal flu, Dr. Richard Besser, acting director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said during an afternoon news conference.
"We are seeing the same distribution in hospitalized patients as we are in milder cases in the community, and that's younger than what you would see in seasonal flu," Besser said. "In seasonal flu you tend to see a predominance of burden of disease in the elderly and in the very young, and here we are seeing it more in the younger population."

Caring.com
So, yes, the younger patients do make up a large percentage of hospitalizations.

Many of the young victims who have become deathly ill turned out to have other medical problems -- a phenomenon first clearly seen with the 1957 Asian flu.
There have been too few deaths in the United States to draw any conclusions. But of the 173 people who have been sick enough to be hospitalized, more than half are in the 5-to-24 age group.

Washington Post
This is the part that concerns me....are there really that many children with pre-existing medical conditions? It seems strange.

As far as the discussion about food served in the schools with outbreaks, I found this:

HISD Foodservices
Aramark - Provides all food for HISD campuses

ETA: I swear, I think we have reporters reading our boards!

This includes people needing hospitalization -- now up to 200, said Dr. Anne Schuchat of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
"That's very unusual, to have so many people under 20 to require hospitalization, and some of them in (intensive care units)," Schuchat told reporters in a telephone briefing.

US Health Officials Troubled by New Flu Pattern

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Cameoii]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Looks like CNN are going to be talking about swine flu again tonight, after basically a media blackout on that channel since the WHO raised the pandemic level to phase 5.

Map of H1N1 (Swine Flu) Outbreak and a daily update

Program Note: Tune in tonight to hear more about the H1N1 influenza from Dr. Sanjay Gupta on AC360° at 10 p.m. ET.

ac360.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Well, I guess everyone went to bed early tonight!
Just when I get a little free time to hear all of the news...oh well! Hope everyone is having a peaceful, flu-free night!

FMF

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I think everyone in business and the system is scared. They're damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

The Big Boyz are fighting against a Level 6, even though it's time, because that will restrict international travel and trade, and kill their profits.

Governments and the WHO are scared stiff because if the money flow stops, so does the food supply - and there'll be riot in the streets, at least.

The argument is: the pandemic is spreading but it's not severe so Level 6 shouldn't be called, and the terms for determining levels should be changed; protecting the global economy is paramount, especially with the global financial crisis; even if failure to act now causes a lethal pandemic later, the world is overpopulated and plagues are natural, so it's all good.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by soficrow]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

You are right! Imagine the utter destruction on businesses, travel, trade and commerce! I wonder...what added to the mix to push it to the tipping point.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Governments mass order swine flu vaccine
www.hayspharma.com...

Massachusetts swine flu tally up to 167
www.boston.com...

Close My School! Parents, Officials Fear The Flu
wcbstv.com...

List Of Closed NYC Schools
schools.nyc.gov...

New swine flu cases all related to Fort Riley case
www.ktka.com...

Spokane, Coeur d'Alene record new Swine Flu cases
www.khq.com...

China’s Swine-Flu ‘Fear Factor’ Exposes Weak Rural-Health Care
www.bloomberg.com...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

Hey there, I am around for a bit!

Swine Flu Kills New Yorker, Virus ‘Not Going Away’ (Update1)

May 18 (Bloomberg) -- A New York assistant school principal became the sixth person in the U.S. to die of swine flu as a health official warned the outbreak may linger in North America as “summer influenza.”

www.bloomberg.com...

[edit on 18-5-2009 by burntheships]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The husband of the first American who died from swine flu is on Larry King right now. The 8 month pregnant woman. He's on the show with his lawyer and 2 daughters (one is the baby and the other is 4). He just said that his wife had no underlying conditions and any reports otherwise were false. They're also talking about suing Smithfield Foods.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Watched Anderson Cooper with Sanjay Gupta just now. They talked about the H1N1 and even mentioned that other pandemics had a mild spring outbreak and a much larger more virulent fall attack. Perhaps the MSM is getting it!
MimiG

new topics

top topics

<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join