It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

it appears that the kids in that Queens NYC high school that contracted it - about 200 - are now recovering. nobody hospitalised or has died.

HOWEVER - other reports from Mexico are saying that the folks that died from the virus are in the 25 to 49 year old age bracket.

i.e. NOT high school age.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I think I am a little scared! But, mostly in part due to the fact that I have been sick all week (yeah, really). I haven't gotten out of bed except to read the news (on ATS) and to get something to drink.

My imagination is starting to get a little out of hand...I really feel nasty. But I live in Indiana and don't think this is what I have. If I develope a fever I am going to call my doctor though.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Yes your right! I'm confused and I got that one wrong! - sorry!

I think the word I was looking for is CYTOKININ and not "cytokine" as in "Cytokine Storm"

Concentrations (derivatives) of cytokinins (Shikimic acid) from the plant Star Anise is a part of the drug 'Tamiflu' (oseltamivir) and works against the Cytokine Storm / Immune System Overdrive.

Did I get this one right?

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I just noticed the website no longer works!

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Coincidence?

[edit on 25-4-2009 by FlyingHigh404]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Much better
Any antiviral will only be good before symptoms (after CONFIRMED contact with infectious person) and 48 hours into symptoms appearing. After that, you just gotta ride it out.

CNN reports that there are 2 CONFIRMED cases of human swine flu in Kansas

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

How old are you?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I am 45...why? I have to say more because of the "one line" thing here, but I don't know what else to say to your question!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I want it now, get it over with, I am mid 30s. Although I would be scared, I don't want to be afraid of any flu for an extended period of time.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by FrankWhite222]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I just want to let everyone know that the instructions to cover your mouth with your hand if you cough or sneeze is correct, however, the virus will also be on your hand as well, so everyone must keep washing their hands with as hot of water as one can stand. also, very importantthe virus can enter through the eyes, so a mask with eye shield will be more efficent in preventing contamination. God bless you all!!!

[edit on 25-4-2009 by sickofitall2012]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingHigh404

Yep, you're right. I've been trying for 20 minutes myself. In between going to other flu threads and watching the news.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Apologize if this has been adressed already...I did not see it.

The CDC has this:

“This is the first time that we’ve seen an avian strain, two swine strains and a human strain,” said Daigle, adding that the virus had influenza strains from European and Asian swine, but not from North American swine.

So then that is very interesting...and would seem to rule out the idea that the outbreak in Mexico is from Mexico's swine? Anyone else with me here?

[edit on 25-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankWhite222

please bear in mind that the folks dying from it are in the 25 to 49 year age bracket.

since you are 30 , its probably advisable to take some sort of vaccine.

consult your doctor of course.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by netron

LOL, there is NO vaccine except to survive it.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

I was just wondering because of the ages it seems to be most fatal for. Your still ok after a week, so I would think you will recover from what ever it is you have. The problem in Texas right now is that everyone is having severe allergies that are affecting the lungs. Everyone is coughing and sneezing, and I'm in healthcare. I know that I will be wearing a mask Monday. We have a lot of Hispanics, legals and illegals come through the clinic.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

If I could be so bold...it is not a good idea to sneeze or cough into your hands. As has been noted by others - it's better to do it into your elbow or your shoulder. A county health department inspector actually complimented my friend on sneezing into her shoulder when she was behind the cash register once. She didn't know who he was at the time but was told later.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
2 new cases now in KANSAS and 8 of those 75 school kids appear to have it too

article

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Yes the cytokin storm is what destroys the lungs noni juice and colostrum both have been proven to control the immune system if its to high they lower it to low they raise it. By the way you want to jab me you will have to catch me fist! Elderberry has a protein in it that will coat the virus so it cant connect to your cell walls and cannot make new virus.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Ok, thanks. The only thing is on Thursday I thought, 'boy! I feel so much better!'...then last night and today I feel like a truck hit me.

Oh well. I'll just wait and see how it goes. Water, water, water!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
this isnt slowing down is it?
any guesses on the next state or states that will come out and confirm the presence of swine flu.

id say maybe florida by the end of the weekend.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
unconfirmed:

200 fatalities being reported

news.bbc.co.uk...

(via a comments sent into the BBC news website)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join