It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 158
<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Good day Omega
Love the new avatar, especially the original Omega Man

I've just been catchin up on the thread.

The breakdown of confirmed cases by age group (years), include:
• 0-4 (17)
•5-24 (55)
•25-64 (14)
•65+ (0)

www.munciefreepress.com...

It looks like the majority of cases in Indiana are school age children, seems to be the same in NY.

Have you seen any other articles like this where they give a breakdown of the cases in each state by age group ?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Good Day!

There are some out there, but, geez, with my desktop, the mess it is now, covered with NAU Flu links...Hmmm...

Current scientific estimates of CFR (death rate) of swine flu h1n1 is that it's around 0.6%, x3 the pandemics of '57 & '68 #swineflu #h1n12 minutes ago from web

FluTracker
(per pantheist)

It is very likely that the WHO will be forced declare Level 6 (Pandemic Level) within the next several days. They have been dragging there feet on this probably for political reasons.

Community spread in Japan and Great Britain plus in Mexico and the US and Canada satisfies the level 6 criteria for human to human community spread in more than one contiguous geographic region.

If the swine H1N1 virus co-infects someone sick with H5N1 (in Asia or Egypt), and/or someone with Tamiflu resistant seasonal H1N1 (most likely to happen anywhere in the Southern Hemisphere sometime this summer), gene swapping through recombination or reassortment is likely to result in a much more dangerous virus ---- highly contagious, resistant to Tamiflu and possibly more lethal than either seasonal flu or H1N1 swine flu.

H1N1 Flu Cases On The Rise in Indiana
Sunday, May 17, 2009 @09:44pm CST
tristatehomepage.com...

# Health experts looking very closely at spread of H1N1 flu in Spain, Britain and Japan, a WHO official said Sunday #swineflu #h1n12 minutes ago from web

# Houston TX confirmed 2 cases Friday, over half pupils missing at roll call, 12 went home sick, 390 pupils absent out of 712 #swineflu #h1n13 minutes ago from web

Mexican pig producer reports zero pork sales due to A/H1N1 flu
2009-05-18 09:12:38
news.xinhuanet.com...

[edit on 5/18/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Yes i'm sure you're desk top is working extremely hard
as are you

Japan's tally rose from five confirmed cases to 78 -- many of them high school students who had not traveled overseas.

www.9news.com...

This one doesn't give the percentage of schoo; age children that have the H1N1, but it hints at the fact that it's a high number. At least they're doing the smart thing and closing the schools

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Japan closes 2,000 schools as swine flu spreads
11 mins ago
news.yahoo.com...

KOBE, Japan (AFP) – Japan has confirmed 129 swine flu cases and shuttered more than 2,000 schools and kindergartens in a bid to slow the spread of the virus that may already have infected hundreds.

While swine flu h1n1 attracts attention, 2 young boys confirmed with H5N1 Avian flu in Egypt #swineflu #h1n13 minutes ago from web

Harrison County, Mississippi: 3 confirmed casesToday, the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) confirms three cases of H1N1 swin..5 minutes ago from twitterfeed

A group of foreign tourists were being held on Monday against their will in a hotel in Tibet over swine flu fears #swineflu #h1n14 minutes ago from web

# ECDC: Panama reported 12 more confirmed cases resulting in a total of 55 confirmed cases #swineflu #h1n12 minutes ago from web

# ECDC: In EU & EFTA countries, cases total 94 cases, 36% were confirmed with in country transmission from 263 confirmed cases #swineflu #h1n12 minutes ago from web

# ECDC: total of confirmed cases of H1N1 in the UK rise to 101, 56 of them (55%) were due to in-country transmission #swineflu #h1n13 minutes ago from web

# No updates during the weekend available from Canada and the US #swineflu #h1n14 minutes ago from web

# ECDC report Two more deaths reported from Mexico #swineflu #h1n15 minutes ago from web

# ECDC report Chile confirmed its first 2 cases #swineflu #h1n15 minutes ago from web

# ECDC report 21 new confirmed cases from Japan, not travel related and without link to previously confirmed cases #swineflu #h1n16 minutes ago from web

PINKGUAVA: now 2 flights of passengers suspect of having A H1N1...! 2 minutes ago from web

jephcinemas: stuck in the prince st subway station.... With hobos and drunkstudents hope this isn't the swine flu recipe less than a minute ago from TwitterFon

jetset_amelia: Of course, Japan would be freaking out about swine flu more than the States. I'll be disregarding the recommended protocol anyway. half a minute ago from Twitterrific

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

You take care Omega, i'm outta here too tired to read anymore.

Thanks for all the info

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
China reports suspected case of swine flu h1n1 in Guangdong - 4th case #swineflu #h1n18 minutes ago from web

Swine Flu News: SKorea quarantines Vietnam lady for flu tests /qnle2z15 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Brusssel, Belgium: 1 confirmed caseSource: HLN.be ( dutch ) English, google translate Francais: google translateDate: May 16 ..18 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Worth remembering swine flu h1n1 surfaced about 4 weeks ago, whereas 1918 pandemic took 9months to go round the globe #swineflu #h1n12 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

No updates during the weekend available from Canada and the US #swineflu #h1n14 minutes ago from web

This is a long weekend for us Canadians (Victoria Day aka May Long Weekend). So there probably won't be any updates until Tuesday from Canada. It's frustrating not being able to get any updates from the Public Health Agency of Canada for 3 days. I can understand them not updating the site on Monday because of it being a holiday but why not Saturday and Sunday as they have the past few weeks?

On Friday the confirmed cases were at 496. My guess is come Tuesday @ 3pm the numbers will be aprx 1,000.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I'm tellin' ya...this is getting sad...I'm seeing less and less action on these 2 boards everyday...
...beginning to make me wonder...might have to ask a Mod to do a poll on "All members check in for a Head Count" thingy...just to see if there is any drop in membership activity...

NYC Dept. of Health Press Release
Monday, May 18, 2009
pandemicinformationnews.blogspot.com...

~
...In addition to suspending some schools with unusual clusters of illness, the Health Department advises any New Yorker who has flu symptoms and also has an underlying health condition such as asthma, pregnancy, emphysema or other lung disease or diabetes; a compromised immune system or cancer; to seek medical treatment. In addition, if an individual with such a medical condition has household or other close contact with someone with influenza, they should see their doctor to determine whether preventive medicine is needed. For students, staff, and household members of affected students and staff at schools which have been closed, those who have an underlying medical condition as stated above should also see their doctors to discuss the need for preventive medicine.
More at Link...

The worst may not be over
Monday, May 18, 2009
pandemicinformationnews.blogspot.com...

UK Swine Flu Fears: Two In Hospital
news.sky.com

A/H1N1 flu grips Chile as domestic infection worsens in Japan
2009-05-18 15:12:49
news.xinhuanet.com...

3-yr-old boy is swine flu victim No.9
www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

Swine flu afterlife of New York teacher
inside-business-news.ru...

Osaka governor not falling for the swine flu panic
www.japanprobe.com...

JadeDsantos: ah sick as a dog - Either swine flu or Bronchitis - but either way I'll be tweeting from bed today . . . 1 minute ago from TweetDeck

AlanPorter: Still feel like spit, might cry Swine Flu for the six weeks off. Boo. less than 10 seconds ago from Twitterrific

brandonvaughan: the notorious Swine Flu will hit Tokyo soon...just a matter of time.. where's my mask again? >_< 1 minute ago from TwitterFox

PeteFlannery: can't sleep. sick. ironically as much as i thought the swine flu was bullspit, i bet i've got it. #fb 3 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Experts are expecting outbreaks of swine flu to be confirmed in Wales

www.walesonline.co.uk...

Isn't the astrology girl we have here on ATS, from Wales?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Terms and Conditions

1h.) Spamming: You will not post identical content, or snippets of identical content, to multiple threads in the discussion forums. You will also not create more than one thread for your topic, or create multiple "slightly different" threads for a single topic.

[edit on 5/18/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

yeah, I am in Wales , in the capital city , Cardiff. No cases here yet and unless it starts spreading in Wales like in america I'm not going to get worried. I've got preps if SHTF anyway.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I think it's more a case of very little news or big changes going on at the moment, just more cases and more specualtion, and whatever news IS around you and some others are already reporting it here, making the rest of us redundant LOL I check in and read every day, throughout the day but there doesn't seem to be much to add to the threads atm. I guess alot of us feel this way.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I can testify to this type of reaction! I have tried to explain the lack of reporting is due to mainstream cover ups and information lock-down. The answer I get is an eye-roll, or even worse, something like "what in the world are you talking about?"...."where do you get these bizarre thoughts from?"...."you need to get off of the computer and away from those wierd blogs"...."oh, so now you are an expert, huh?"

So, I have decided to keep all of this to myself and hope no one in my circle of family and friends get sick. It is hard enough reading in ATS what is happening in the world, but it is even harder fighting the feelings that maybe I am the wrong one here, or even questioning my own sanity.

Have a good day!
FMF

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
I for one am oficially on notice thanks to the EXCELLENT exchanges of info here on ATS!

Seriously: no one in the several states I have visited recently shows any sign of remotely believing that this obviously deadly virus is anything at all to be concerned about.
I'm considered a "raving loon" because I'm really trying my best to inform and convince those close to me that it's no laughing matter and what I keep hearing is "Well...if it's SO bad,why isn't it on the news???"

Damn and double damn good question.

My own family yelled at me to "Stop scaring people and shut up..." So,I will as far as they are concerned.

ecoparity absolutely nailed 99% of the details that continue to emerge quite a while ago I do believe and although I've thanked him personally,I now do it publically as well...he endured some ridicule and still he kept on supplying facts for us to consider,a brave move IMO.

So NOW,the million-dollar question is: where do we as "people in the loop of reality" go from here and do we simply wait and see or begin to take a more pro-active approach and hunker down?The possibility of mutation so soon after the onset is terrifying.

Hi all, just getting caught up.

I fully agree most i tell about the real numbers and what is realy possible look at me like i'm a freak of nature. never mind i can back up what i say.

Your are right again, Hats off to ecoparity for the guts to keep posting even though there were some rough times.

Million dollar question in deed. I think our best option would be to wait and see just how bad this mutation is going to be, then go from there. Its a shame we were not all closer we could combine our talents and distance our self from the packs as a group and survie with no problems.

Hx3_1963 i may not get to post much, but i read every bit you and everyone puts up ever day. Your work is very appriceated.
although it has got quite a bit slower latley.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by severdsoul]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Ok...I found this interesting...

I apologize if it has been posted already...But wanted to share this...

Experimental drug used on Assistant Principal... That died with flu...???

I wonder what it was...??? Yahoo News...

news.yahoo.com...

Sun May 17, 10:06 pm ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) – A New York City school principal suffering from swine flu died on Sunday, becoming the city's first death due to H1N1 flu, medical officials said.

Mitchell Wiener, 55, died after being admitted to Flushing Hospital Medical Center several days ago with the H1N1 flu virus, said Dr. Andrew Rubin, a hospital spokesman. A city Health Department spokeswoman also confirmed a death, but could not confirm the victim's identity.

It was the first death in New York City, where many of the U.S. cases have been reported but with mostly mild symptoms.

Wiener had been in and out of consciousness and was being treated with an experimental drug, but family members had said as recently as Saturday that he was making some progress.

Wiener was the assistant principal of Intermediate School 236 in Hollis in the New York borough of Queens. The school was one of several city schools to be shuttered after the illness afflicted patients and staff members.

Three additional schools will be closed beginning Monday in Queens for up to five school days after officials documented increasing levels of influenza-like illnesses.

"Given the large number of cases, it is entirely possible that in the coming days there will be people with severe illness from flu, particularly among people who have underlying health problems," city Health Commissioner Thomas Frieden warned.

The department said it would evaluate more school closings on the case-by-case basis.

(Writing and reporting by Chris Michaud, editing by Philip Barbara)

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Just found that interesting...Bet we wont hear any more about that...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
No, I bet we do hear more! It sounds like his family will be the ones to blow this open, and if they do suspect that something is fishy here they will go right to the press, especially regarding an 'experimental drug". What the heck is that supposed to mean?

This is my hope anyway. If there was some way to send a reporter to them before they get "politely told to zip it"?.....just a thought for any of you ATS reporters out there! Anyone like a new assignment?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

This family already exposed the authorities in Ontario, Canada...mild because not on a respirator? They have got to be kidding.

Swine flu survivor Santini Gale, 27, says the illness, which first showed signs in late April 2009, quickly worsened over the next 12 days, sending him to hospital on May 6. He spent two days in intensive care. "It almost felt like your body was shutting down," he recalls.

His story came to the attention of the Star when his mother phoned to ask why provincial medical authorities were telling the public that no one had been hospitalized with H1N1 and why all cases were being described as mild.

Leach said the case was characterized as "mild" because the patient did not require ventilation to assist with breathing.

Gale, however, said from his perspective the illness he endured was anything but mild.

"That's crazy,'' he said of the hospital's characterization.

"It's been hell. That's the first time I've had to spend a night in hospital in my life."

more at .... www.healthzone.ca...

[edit on 18-5-2009 by phoenixs1]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

It sounds strange to me because ...it says he was in and out of consciousness...
...Then his family said Saturday that he was making some progress...???

Wonder if this new Experimental Drug might have killed him...???

Just makes you wonder...???

I would love to know what it was...???

Bet...The family was warned to not tell about it...The Governments secret drug...

I hope they were not testing a possible New Vaccine...

I know I don't want any of it...!!!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
My thoughts exaclty. They have probably already said too much as far as the government is concerned.

I have a huge feeling the word "experimental drug" was not meant to be be printed. There is no way this isn't going to start an avalanche of questions from the public and the media.

Lets wait and see what happens with this...could be interesting. If this was one of my family memebers you can bet I would be causing a ruckus!

<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join