It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 156
<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

Escalate is right...

Japan confirms '80 domestic swine flu cases'
news.yahoo.com...

# Swine flu h1n1 situation evolving rapidly. Associated Press say total cases now 74, up from 44 reported earlier by Reuters #swineflu #h1n126 minutes ago from web

Health Ministry Confirms Second Swine Flu Case (TurkishPress.com)
informationonhealth.info...

Chile reports its first swine flu case
Sunday, May 17, 2009; 12:06 PM
www.washingtonpost.com...

# New confirmed cases of swine flu h1n1 are 6 adults & 8 children in East of England, London, & the South East regions #swineflu #h1n12 minutes ago from web

# 155 cases of swine flu h1n1 are currently under laboratory investigation in the UK, say HPA. #swineflu #h1n14 minutes ago from web

WHO eyes swine flu transmision rates, new vaccine
45 minutes ago
www.google.com...

[edit on 5/17/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

WOW That is spreading really fast! At least we are getting some truth out of Japan. I think they will be the ones that give us a clear picture on how fast this is moving.

Even though or MSM and TPTB will be trying to make us look at it through rose colored glases. They will probably state it is an isolated incident in Japan and it is under control.

Nothing to see here, move along back to the American Idol finals and the Presidents speach at Notre Dame. Blah de blah blah blah.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Japan confirms 93 swine flu cases
news.yahoo.com...

KOBE, Japan (AFP) – Japan's number of confirmed swine flu cases soared to 93 at the weekend, officials said late Sunday, amid fears hundreds more are already infected in the country's crowded cities.

Most of the infections were reported among high school and college students in and around the western cities of Kobe and Osaka, where authorities ordered more than 1,000 schools and kindergartens to stay shut on Monday.

The island nation until Friday thought it had kept the virus at bay, after detecting four people who tested positive when they flew in from North America and immediately quarantining them along with about 50 fellow passengers.

But since the government Saturday confirmed the first domestic case, a 17-year-old male Kobe student who had not been overseas, the number of confirmed infections has risen quickly in the two urban areas.

Late Sunday officials in Hyogo prefecture, which includes Kobe, told AFP 53 cases had been confirmed, while Osaka prefecture reported 36, raising the national toll to 93, including the four overseas infections.
More at Link...

Colorado swine flu cases increase; Mountain States Employers Council advises precautions
www.bizjournals.com...

Ninth Scottish case of swine flu
news.bbc.co.uk...

BSE, BOVINE - CANADA (ALBERTA)
promedmail.org
(per JBA2848)

Hmmm...
Engineered antibodies fight AIDS virus in monkeys
www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hi all.....sorry if this has been posted before
Its a few weeks old but gives more of an insight into experiences in mexico!
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Swine Flu forces city officials to close 5 more schools in Queens
May 17th 2009, 3:11 PM
swineflunews.org

Five more schools inside three buildings in Queens will be closed Monday after dozens more students came down with flu symptoms, officials said Sunday.

The closures by the city's Department of Health bring the total number of schools currently shuttered because of swine flu to 11, meaning thousands of kids will miss class this week.

None of the newly announced schools have confirmed cases of the illness, but enough students were feeling sick that officials thought closures were necessary to halt the spread.

"We are now seeing a rising tide of flu in many parts of New York City," said New York City Health Commissioner Thomas R. Frieden. "With the virus spreading widely, closing these and other individual schools will make little difference in transmission throughout New York City, but we hope will help slow transmission within the individual school communities.
More at Link...

Two admitted with swine flu-like symptoms in TN
www.livemint.com...

Heredia, Costa Rica: 3 confirmed casesSource: Pan American Health OrganisationDate: 15 May, 200913 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Pichincha, Ecuador: 1 confirmed caseSource: Pan Amercan Health OrganisationDate: 15 May, 200915 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Swine flu spread in North America may extend into summer, experts say
57 minutes ago
www.google.com...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This site may be worth looking at.www.cdc.gov...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

AR Officials Investigate Possible Swine Flu Death
posted 05/17/09 1:53 pm
www.katv.com...

Little Rock - The Pulaski County Coroner’s office tells Channel 7 news they are investigating the death of a man as a possible swine flu fatality. Officials say they have not confirmed the exact cause of the man’s death, yet, but they are taking the necessary steps to determine if it is indeed a result of the H1N1 virus.

State health officials reported Friday there are at least six cases of swine flu here in Arkansas. That includes four National Guard airmen visiting from Nevada and New Jersey, a school-aged girl in Lawrence County, and a case in Saline County.

Anne Wright is the communications director for the Arkansas Department of Health. She says that, at this point, they are not confirming the cause of death. But if it is determined to be swine flu, the department will launch an investigation into how the man could have contracted the virus and if he he could have passed the disease onto others.

Wright says even if it is confirmed as a swine flu death, there is no reason for Arkansans to panic and that it could be an isolated incident.
More at Link...

World at crossroads in swine flu crisis, conference told
29 minutes ago
www.google.com...

Swine Flu Cases In The USA, Breakdown By State, 17th May, 2009
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

MrsDesperate: Spent the night coughing and having cold and hot sweats ... have appointment to rule out swine or Brisbane flu considering recent flights 1 minute ago from web

neeea: I have a cold...ache, fever, sour throat and so on..I hope it's not swine flu >_

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Swine Flu Sickens 21 High School Students in Japan
www.bloomberg.com...

Preparedness is All
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Biodefense labs make bad neighbors, residents say
www.latimes.com...

Jonas Brothers delay Mexico shows amid swine flu
www.reuters.com...

Swine Flu forces city officials to close 5 more schools in Queens
www.nydailynews.com...

So that makes 11 schools closed in Queens now.

Some swine flu humor on Flickr ("Getting rid of swine flu")
www.flickr.com...

[edit on 17-5-2009 by ZombieSlayer]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by isaacbrown

Okay I see you did a double post on the two main flu threads.........can you explain your post........?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I just did a quick background check on you.......interesting

You draw suspicion to yourself..........

I suggest now one here emails you any information..........

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Hey Im no god!!! just want to spread the info x Believe it or not alot of people arnt getting it! I like many of you are ridiculed about being more aware...thats all x

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

You make one post on each of the swine flu threads.......then post telling everyone that intel is being restricted on these threads so email me..........and you post your email address which is a redflag right out of the gate.....

So what is your game plan here attempting to get members to email you when there has been no restriction of intel being with held here on the threads......?

[edit on 17-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

ATS definitely won't go down. If you want to help spread the word just direct people to this forum to help spread the word that way. All current info from many different sources is posted here. You asking people to email you is kind of bizarre and will make a lot of members suspicious.

When replying to threads on ATS under the reply box ATS has this message warning people not to post private info. Good advice.

Please do not post your own personal information. You should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit here can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit, and may remove it at our discretion.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
New Zealand in holding pattern as worldwide swine flu cases soar
www.nzdoctor.co.nz...

Lab battle against flu in high gear - Researchers pull long hours to study H1N1
www.winnipegfreepress.com...

Canada: Feds reconsidering Mexico travel warning
www.winnipegsun.com...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I am LOVING some of the avatars people!!!

I am just in shock that there has been literally nothing on the news all day long regarding the flu...TV has been on in the background (rare but I've been working on a project) and it's obvious that although the numbers and incidents continue to alarmingly grow,it's dead-calm in lala land.

As always,my personal thanks to those that seek the truth so relentlessly and share so graciously...helps a lot!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
A lot of info on this site all above my head though. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

Thanks!!! To you and all other contributors to these sites...i feel well informed...just want to inform others thats all! If I head em in this direction they think im looney??? What do ya do??? Now thats off topic x

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The assistant principal of a Queens school who had been hospitalized died on Sunday evening, NYT says #H1N1
10 minutes ago from TweetDeck

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Don't know how long I'll be on, but I am trying to do my part:

A hospital official says a school assistant principal has become the first New York City death linked to the swine flu virus.

Houston Chronicle

Schools Chancellor: "I'm greatly saddened by his death and my thoughts are with the 238 community and especially with his wife and family."

mpoppelBloomberg: "I ask all New Yorkers to keep his wife Bonnie and the rest of his family in their thoughts and prayers."
2 minutes ago from TweetDeck

mpoppelBloomberg: "His death is a loss for our schools and our City."

mpoppelBloomberg: "We mourn the loss of Mitchell WIener, the Assistant Principal of IS 238, who died this evening."

mpoppelNYC Health Dept. spokeswoman did say it's important to put this all in context. Every year, 1,000 New Yorkers die from the flu.
8 minutes ago from TweetDeck

mpoppelMitchell Wiener was the assistant principal at the Susan B. Anthony School in Jamaica, Queens.
8 minutes ago from TweetDeck

mpoppelA NYC Health Dept. spokeswoman says they do expect to see more severe swine flu cases, possibly fatal.
9 minutes ago from TweetDeck

mpoppelBNO News can now confirm that Mitchell Wiener has become the first NYC fatality from swine flu.
9 minutes ago from TweetDeck

BreakingNewsWABC-TV: Mitch Weiner, the assistant principal at a Queens school, has become the 6th U.S. fatality from H1N1 flu.
17 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

Twitter.com

[edit on 17-5-2009 by Cameoii]

new topics

top topics

<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join