It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dirtusbagious

absolutely amazing

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dirtusbagious

Did you dig deeper? I just did...this is a bit of a coincidence I would say...

The Gazette Published March 19, 2009
Serving Seguin and Guadalupe County since 1888

It may sound like the plot of a sci-fi thriller — but it’s what would happen if the 1918 Spanish Flu that decimated the world happened today.

Guadalupe County emergency management and their counterparts around the country are preparing for just such a scenario because in the history of humankind it happens once every 100 years or so — and the time is coming for the next one.....Kinsey and Hays are preparing for a May 2 dress rehearsal of a pandemic disaster at the Navarro ISD. Volunteers will set up and operate a “drive through” POD in which they will take a practice run at registering, screening and pretending to inoculate 100 volunteers so they can identify whatever problems might come up and prepare to meet them.

www.seguingazette.com...

Imagine that...they were doing a drill just a month ago...???

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Another case of a drill before or during the disaster -
My jaw continues to fall open -
If we are truly thinking people -
we will clearly see connections -

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Wow...your post made me check my local area for similar drills and I actually found one. I don't know if this lends credence to your theories or if it is simply something that is practiced everywhere, but the coincidence is strange.

The Houston Federal Executive Board sponsored such a drill, April 14-15. The Interagency Continuity Influenza Pandemic Tabletop Exercise was as an opportunity for federal, state, and local emergency coordinators to discuss how their agencies would manage during a pandemic event.

Pandemic Flu Exercise

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

Originally posted by burntheships

Another case of a drill before or during the disaster -
My jaw continues to fall open -
If we are truly thinking people -
we will clearly see connections -

Looks like the "dress rehersal" they were planning just ramped up
to a live performance!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

check this out it seems the pharma win in the EU made some people rich.abcnews.go.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by StudentofJefferson
reply to post by Cameoii

check this out it seems the pharma win in the EU made some people rich.abcnews.go.com...

In the article you link his main reason for dissolving the blind trust was(besides that it is very complicated) because he didn't want to invest in tobacco or other companies he didn't believe in so now he...and I quote from your linked article:

"At this point, I'm only invested in mutual funds, or cash, or money market accounts," Obama said. "That's my instruction to my accountant, that we are not going to own individual stocks precisely because it raises potential questions like this."

I'm not sure what insinuation you are trying to make.
It seems to me he has been very careful to avoid the appearance of conflict of interest.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cameoii

Wow...your post made me check my local area for similar drills and I actually found one. I don't know if this lends credence to your theories or if it is simply something that is practiced everywhere, but the coincidence is strange.

The Houston Federal Executive Board sponsored such a drill, April 14-15. The Interagency Continuity Influenza Pandemic Tabletop Exercise was as an opportunity for federal, state, and local emergency coordinators to discuss how their agencies would manage during a pandemic event.

Pandemic Flu Exercise

Yes that is a bit of a strange one too. I also was searching for drills and came up with the same article...and a few more about similar drills in the Imperial Valley in California!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

'' Dagbladet.no): Bjørn Iversen, overlege ved Folkehelseinstituttet, bekrefter at både Tamiflu og Relenza fungerer mot svineinfluensaen som herjer i Mexico for øyeblikket. ''

Norwegian DoH say it does.
TamiFlu and Relenza helps. Norway have been causious and bought the vaccine before the virus came, kinda cool

They 'knew' this virus would come , and the vaccine was made prior to the Flu ?? well, thats another topic....

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
A pandemic flu exercise is happening across South Wales, Uk (now I think , or about to start soon) as well as in Scotland over the next 4 weeks and parts of England and one planned for London in June. Google "pandemic exercise" and similar in google news and you'll see quite a few things come up. I put links up in the other flu threads , there seems to be quite a lot of drills going on . I live in South Wales and this is the 1st time I've heard of something like this happening...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
One more connection...Eric Holder, the AG under the Obama administration has had clients such as Merck, Pfizer, and GlaxoSmithKline, while working for the lawfirm Covington Burling. In all fairness, though, Holder has been a part of several past administrations.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

"We are following and is so far advanced that we can identify this virus here, if a Dane have been unfortunate enough to have contracted it by a trip to Mexico. Hospitals are also informed about the situation so they know they must look for this virus here, "says Kåre Mølbak, Head of Statens Serum Institut.

Well it seems they fear the flu has reached EU. Danish hospitals has been told to be the lookout for it.

Hospitals is watching for the swine flu - In danish

googl e translated

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
People, the Gov. agencies have known about what is happening for a long time...thing is, they think the "peon's" wouldn't figure it out, or wouldn't survive to realize what was happening.

Great way to cull the herd...and prey on fears to come out smelling like a rose instead of the putrid pieces of crap that they truly are.

As mentioned before only YOU will be able to protect yourselves...no one else can do it for you.

Stay well and don't buy into their hype.

~Holly

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

I am not sure what kind a vaccine they may have...according to the CDC, there is no vaccine for this new strain yet. Tamiflu is a treatement taken orally.

b]The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says on its website that there is no vaccine to specifically protect humans from swine flu, only to protect pigs.

"The seasonal influenza vaccine will likely help provide partial protection against swine H3N2, but not swine H1N1 viruses,'' the website says.

local Health Minister Armando Ahued said at a news conference...

"...This new virus is susceptible to a specific antiviral, and the cases that are detected and determined as flu will be perfectly treated,'' Ahued said.

www.bangkokpost.com...

[edit on 25-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

Sorry on the lack of specifics. I meant to highlight this

Obama also bought $5,000 in stock in AVI BioPhrama, a biotech company that makes a drug to combat avian flu. Within a couple weeks of that purchase, Obama spoke on the floor of the Senate about the need to increase funding to combat avian flu. He has since sold those stocks.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This just hit You Tube...short but very illuminating...

Steve Watson
Friday, April 24, 2009

Given the reports of the possibility of a swine flu epidemic, is interesting to note that last time there was a significant outbreak of a new form of swine flu in the U.S. it originated at the army base at Fort Dix, New Jersey.
www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
People here might also want to check out the connection between Donald Rumsfeld and Tamiflu which is manufactured by Gilead. He is no longer chairman of the board but is still a large stakeholder.

Here's one of their own press releases:
www.gilead.com...

Here's an interesting and related Rumsfeld/tamiflu snopes.com article:
www.snopes.com...

Here's one from CNNmoney:
money.cnn.com...

I'm still researching this - most of the articles I can find on it date from 2005.

After the aspartame/Rusfeld debacle...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Sorry if it's been posted, this thread is getting big but I don't think I saw this yet:

Virtual Pandemic: 90 Days to Spread

The model uses census data and 281 million synthetic people at work, play, school and home, along with Department of Transportation travel data that incorporates rapid spread from one city to another by air travel. The computer model employs probabilities that an infected person will cross paths with others at home or, with lower probability, elsewhere. "So we are only computing the probability of any person becoming infected on any given day, and a roll of the dice is needed to decide whether they are infected or not," said Timothy Germann of the Los Alamos National Laboratory. The computer also considered one vexing aspect to the flu: About 33 percent of those infected don't develop symptoms and can unknowingly transmit the disease.

[edit on 25/4/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thank you all ATS members for bringing us updates and important information for this serious incident.
+Keeping us entertained in this thread with some humor

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

That model does not give me the "warm and fuzzies". It's hard to know how far into a 90 space of time we already are. Thanks for posting the link!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join