It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 137
<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Sartoga County, New York USA
1 confirmed case
Source: New York State Health Dept.

Washington County, New York, USA
1 confirmed case

Erie County, New York, USA
1 confirmed case

Orange County, New York, USA
3 Confirmed cases

[edit on 5/13/2009 by Hx3_1963]

I have come to the conclusion that these 1, 2 and 3 number confirmations are some kind of tip off as to how many the counties actually have. I believe that they are really using the single digit's to track how many and how far it has spread and perhaps even the severity of it. Say 1 means like 100 people not very bad symptoms, 2 means 500 people not bad symptoms and 3 would mean like 500 people bad symptoms and hospitalizations etc.
The number's coming out are fudged as many of us know but these "new" numbers are just stupid to anyone who has been near a hospital or a doctors office lately. Even forgien countries that have admitted in their "own" paper's and new's reports that they have XX amount are seen as only having between 1-3 on our USA maps and report's. This new style of reporting fudged number's has a meaning people they know we aren't "that" dumb.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

You could very well be right, we all know it's worse than reported

H1N1 Swine Flu Update 37 - May 13,
Wednesday, 13 May 2009, 1:13 pm
www.scoop.co.nz...

Battlestars: Confirmed : 2nd H1N1 (aka Swine Flu) case in HK. A young guy from US. Currently quarantining in St. Margaret Hospital. 3 minutes ago from TwitterFox

Kenton County, Kentucky, USA
1 confirmed case
Source: Kentucky Health Department

Jefferson County, Kentucky, USA
3 Confirmed cases
Source: Kentucky Health Department

Hardin County, Kentucky,USA: 1 Confirmed caseSource: Kentucky Health DepartmentDate: May 12 20091 minute ago from twitterfeed

Boyle County, Kentucky, USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: Kentycky Health DepartmentDate: May 12 20091 minute ago from twitterfeed

Boone County, Kentucky, USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: Kentucky Health DepartmentDate: May 11 20091 minute ago from twitterfeed

Central African health ministers meet in DR Congo on A/H1N1 flu
2009-05-13 15:23:03
news.xinhuanet.com...

New swine flu fear closes Greenock nursery
Wednesday, May 13th, 2009
news.bbc.co.uk...

coversuper: Swine Flu panic hits Suffolk - school is now alike a NHS hospital - hand mousse, tissues disposable bags etc 1 minute ago from web

geeky_jay: is so sick... seriously... runny nose, dry cough, ugh... why am i like this? i hope its not that H1N1 virus thingy.... 5 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

The secret battle plan against swine flu
13/05/2009
www.mirror.co.uk...
(per jonny2410)

Prepare for 'excess deaths', ban travel, postpone Euro elections

A secret battle plan to tackle swine flu is warning Britain must be ready for a wave of "excess" deaths.

And the plans, shown to the Cabinet's emergency Cobra committee yesterday, reveal that doctors are looking at 437 possible cases - seven times the official confirmed number of 68.

The document also shows if the pandemic continues to spread then people showing symptoms could be banned from travelling.

Schools in affected areas could be closed and European elections - expected to be poor for Gordon Brown - could also be postponed.

The secret National Situation Report, which was accidentally put on a Government website, said the UK "must be prepared for management of excess deaths" with guidance already given to coroners.

And doctors are dealing with 437 "possible, probable and confirmed" cases with a regional breakdown. It makes the UK the fifth hardest-hit behind Mexico, the US, Canada and Spain.
More at Link...

Quarantined man awaits lab result
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Hmm... Makes one wonder if they had the same thng go through here already and we just haven't seen the product of it yet.
It is really starting to get hairy all around now. I was pretty sure last week that the numbers where way off but was praying I was wrong. Thought maybe some people might have been right and this was all a big hype out. After what I have seen and people I have talked to since, an article like that really make's me wonder if perhaps it is true after all.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Officials report new probable cases of swine flu in Tracy
May 12, 2009
tracypress.com

Wisconsin: State Health Officials Confirm 496 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1): Date: May 12, 2009 22:17 UTC Risk: Low The Chicago Tribune..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Utah: State Health Officials Confirm 72 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Statewide: Date: May 12, 2009 22:12 UTC Risk: Low Local media rep..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Delaware: State Health Officials Confirm Nine New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1); 54 Cases Statewide: Date: May 12, 2009 22:03 UTC Risk:..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Nova Scotia: Seven New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed : Date: May 12, 2009 21:48 UTC Risk: Medium The Government of Nova Scoti..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Indiana: State Health Officials Confirm 70 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1): Date: May 12, 2009 21:47 UTC Risk: Low Local media report tha..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 27
www.who.int...

13 May 2009 -- As of 06:00 GMT, 13 May 2009, 33 countries have officially reported 5728 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection.

Mexico has reported 2059 laboratory confirmed human cases of infection, including 56 deaths. The United States has reported 3009 laboratory confirmed human cases, including three deaths. Canada has reported 358 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death. Costa Rica has reported eight laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Argentina (1), Australia (1), Austria (1), Brazil (8), China (3, comprising 1 in China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, and 2 in mainland China), Colombia (6), Cuba (1), Denmark (1), El Salvador (4), Finland (2), France (13), Germany (12), Guatemala (3), Ireland (1), Israel (7), Italy (9), Japan (4), Netherlands (3), New Zealand (7), Norway (2), Panama (29), Poland (1), Portugal (1), Republic of Korea (3), Spain (98), Sweden (2), Switzerland (1), Thailand (2), and the United Kingdom (68).
More at Link...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
WHO confirms flu spreads to Cuba, Finland, Thailand
www.reuters.com...

Swine flu shuts primary school
May 13 2009
www.westlothiancourier.co.uk...

Swine Flu Concerns Rise Up Among International Students
www.komu.com...

Girlfriend of China's second A/H1N1 patient in quarantine
2009-05-13 16:34:30
news.xinhuanet.com...

Seven new A/H1N1 cases confirmed in Europe
2009-05-13 16:25:13
news.xinhuanet.com...

WHO investigates claim that swine flu escaped from laboratory
May 13 2009, 06:40
www.thetechherald.com...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

hey Hx what is this bolded part when did they add that? I have seen something like that listed somewhere in some pdf's I was reading. Can't remember which one it was now!

Nova Scotia: Seven New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed : Date: May 12, 2009 21:48 UTC Risk: Medium The Government of Nova Scoti..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I'm guessing they've directed reporting agency's to include a low/med/high risk category to "blurbs" for some kind of risk coordination?

The UTC part is Universal Time Coordinates...like the GMT...Greenwich Time...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

risk corrdination is in level 6 only then as it move's on to post pandemic it is a listing for death rates. Will add more I am searching

To Add:
How good is your security working they are trying to hack mine to get location info so I shut down...

Try and search this
21:48 risk: medium patients H1N1 CDC
towards the lower end there is a cdc pdf that can be viewed as html. They aren't supposed to be allowed to hack me grrr

[edit on 13-5-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Can you catch swine flu from money?
articles.moneycentral.msn.com...

Toddler in SM probably has swine flu
www.santamariatimes.com...

Thailand urges calm over swine flu
www.speroforum.com...

Hmmm...I'm noticing more tweets in foreign languages the past few days...I think interest is picking up over there

RTBFinfo: Grippe H1N1: 5.728 cas dans 33 pays, 61 morts: (Belga) La grippe H1N1 a contaminé 5.728 personnes dans 33 pays e.. /qfs6ra (expand) less than 20 seconds ago from twitterfeed

H1N1CN: #H1N1 国际在线:全球甲型H1N1流感确诊病例继续增加,根据世界卫生组织公布的最新数字,截至北京时间13日17时,全 球有31个国家和地区已经报告合计5251例确诊病例,其中死亡61例。http://(link tracking not allowed)/10UrCA (expand) less than 20 seconds ago from web

aktuellerNET: Suche nach Wirkstoff - H1N1-Virus in NRW angekommen - aktueller.net... 6 minutes ago from TwitterMail

Indexhirek: Tudomány: Gyógyszerekre ellenállóvá válhat az A/H1N1: Amíg nincs védőoltás, két gyógyszerrel lehet sak.. /r2y7qh (expand) half a minute ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
HK confirms 2nd H1N1 case, hunts for 50 passengers
www.reuters.com...

Swine Flu Goes Stealth
5/12/09 at 4:15 PM
nymag.com...

In the most chilling development yet relating to the Swine Flu Panic-demic of 2009, doctors have just reported that many patients with the virus don't even get a fever. Roughly one-third of patients admitted to two hospitals in Mexico City who were diagnosed with the H1N1 strain never reported an elevated temperature at all! This is problematic because it makes it more difficult for doctors to track, report, and combat the spreading disease — and what's more, it means that many people are actually suffering less. The primary troubles for these people who don't experience a fever are persistent cough and general malaise. This disease will stop at nothing, nothing, before it infects us all and spreads vague discomfort and extreme paranoia throughout the world.
More at Link...

emabreezy: SWINE FLU! let all freak out and go into quarantine. face masks people! 4 minutes ago from web

Kaelora: Waitaminute... if Swine Flu is airborne, does that mean that, technically, pigs are flying? 1 minute ago from Tweetie

jtunkelo: Two swine flu cases in neighboring town. Hmm. To panic or not to panic? Another cup of coffee will tell, I'm sure. 1 minute ago from Seesmic Desktop

Lotta_Lou: My stomach hurts again. What kind of sickness could this be? I'm scared. I don't want freaking Swine Flu!! It's in my county! 2 minutes ago from txt

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

The risk:low medium and high are for certain groups of people Hx
found this one for the high risk group is considered to be pregnant women etc. don't try and click the follow up links you will be sent to sign in will try and lurk for the other level's
Treatment of H1N1 Influenza A (Swine Flu) in High-Risk Populations ...
High-Risk Group #2: Pregnant Women: The CDC has issued guidelines for treating ... High-Risk Group #3: Mothers With New Babies. High-Risk Group #4: Patients With HIV ...www.medscape.com/viewarticle/702292_2

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

OK...that makes sense...kinda...

Group "types" who would be more susceptible to it's effects...

Seems the risk factor would be for further transmissions?

You going to post any of that end comment?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

No it will get me in trouble but can give you this

Category
Target Group (Estimated Number)
Severity of Pandemic

Severe
Moderate
Less Severe

Homeland and national security
Deployed and mission critical personnel (700,000)
Tier 1
Tier 1
Tier 1

Essential support and sustainment personnel (650,000)
Tier 2
Tier 2
Tier 2

Intelligence services (150,000)
Tier 2
Tier 2
Tier 2

Border protection personnel (100,000)
Tier 2
Tier 2
Tier 2

National Guard personnel (500,000)
Tier 2
Tier 2
Tier 2

Other domestic national security personnel (50,000)
Tier 2
Tier 2
Tier 2

Other active duty and essential support (1,500,000)
Tier 3
Tier 3
NT*

Healthcare and community support services
Public health personnel (300,000)
Tier 1
Tier 1
Tier 1

Inpatient healthcare providers (3,200,000)
Tier 1
Tier 1
Tier 1

Outpatient and home healthcare providers (2,500,000)
Tier 1
Tier 1
Tier 1

Healthcare providers in long-term care facilities (1,600,000)
Tier 1
Tier 1
Tier 1

Community support services and emergency management personnel (600,000)
Tier 2
Tier 2
NT*

Pharmacists (150,000)
Tier 2
Tier 2
NT*

Mortuary services personnel (50,000)
Tier 2
Tier 2
NT*

Other important healthcare personnel (300,000)
Tier 3
Tier 3
NT*

Critical infrastructure
Emergency medical services personnel (EMS, law enforcement, and fire services) (2,000,000)
Tier 1
Tier 1
Tier 1

Manufacturers of pandemic vaccine and antivirals (50,000)
Tier 1
Tier 1
Tier 1

Communications/IT, Electricity, Nuclear, Oil and Gas, and Water sector personnel (2,150,000)
Tier 2
Tier 2
NT*

Financial clearing and settlement personnel
Tier 2
Tier 2
NT*

Critical operational and regulatory government personnel
Tier 2
Tier 2
NT*

Banking and Finance, Chemical, Food and Agriculture, Pharmaceutical, Postal and Shipping, and Transportation sector personnel (3,400,000)
Tier 3
NT*
NT*

Other critical government personnel
Tier 3
NT*
NT*

General population
Pregnant women (3,100,000)
Tier 1
Tier 1
Tier 1

Infants and toddlers, 6 – 35 months old (10,300,000)
Tier 1
Tier 1
Tier 1

Household contacts of infants under 6 months old (4,300,000)
Tier 2
Tier 2
Tier 2

Children 3 – 18 years old with high-risk medical conditions (6,500,000)
Tier 2
Tier 2
Tier 2

Children 3 – 18 years old without high-risk medical conditions (58,500,000)
Tier 3
Tier 2
Tier 3

Persons 19 – 64 years old with high-risk conditions (36,000,000)
Tier 4
Tier 3
Tier 2

Persons 65 years and older (38,000,000)
Tier 4
Tier 3
Tier 2

Healthy adults, 19 – 64 years old (123,350,000)
Tier 5
Tier 4
Tier 4

Abbreviations: NT, Not targeted.

*Persons not targeted in an occupational group would be vaccinated as part of the general population based on their age and health status.

Note: Estimates are rounded to the closest 50,000. Occupational target group population sizes may change as plans are developed further for implementation of the pandemic vaccination program.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
You guys are doing such a great job of keeping up with the flu, that I couldn't find anything new to add. Instead, have some backdoor stories that might have been missed:

Social Security may go broke 4 years sooner

High-value-target hunter takes on Afghan war

U.S. runs April deficit for first time since '83

ACLU sues over patents on breast cancer genes

Liz Cheney suggests Obama 'siding with terrorists'

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

here is the rest had enough!!!! need to de-death...

Strategic Goal

Operating Objectives

Ensure continuity of operations of state agencies and continuity of state government
Sustain operations of state agencies and support and protect government workers

Ensure public COOP during each phase of a pandemic

Ensure continuity of food supply system

Ensure ability to respond to agricultural emergencies and maintain food safety net programs

Sustain transportation systems

Protect citizens

Ensure surveillance and laboratory capability during each phase of a pandemic

Assist with controls at US ports of entry

Implement community mitigation interventions

Enhance state plans to enable community mitigation through student dismissal and school closures

Acquire and distribute medical countermeasures

Ensure mass vaccination capability during each phase of a pandemic

Provide healthcare

Manage mass casualties

Ensure communication capability during each phase of a pandemic

Mitigate the impact of an influenza pandemic on workers in the state

Understand official communication mechanisms for foreign mission, international organizations, and their members in the US

Integrates EMS and 9-1-1 into pandemic preparedness

Integrate public safety answering points into pandemic preparedness

Public safety and law enforcement

Sustain/support critical infrastructure sectors and key resource sectors
Define CIKR protection, planning, and preparedness roles and responsibilities

Build public private partnerships and support networks

Implement the NIPP risk management framework for a pandemic

Bolster CIKR information sharing and protection initiatives

Leverage emergency preparedness activities for CIKR protection, planning, and preparedness

Integrate federal and state CIKR protection, planning, and preparedness activities

Allocate scarce resources

Abbreviations: CIKR, Critical infrastructure and key resource sectors; COOP, Continuity of operations plan; EMS,: emergency medical services; NIPP, National Infrastructure Protection Plan from the Department of Homeland Security.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Hmmm...

Looks like they have some sort of game plan running through the Back Door eh?

They must of looked at their "Critical" infrastructure numbers and had their "Bean Counters" do the math...

Must be why States are "Hoarding" stockpiles and MSM is putting off treatments...beside the fact that it doesn't work very well and could make things worse...Hmmm...

Hmmm...read this...am I missing something???

H1N1 Spreads To 3 New Countries; WHO Raises Pandemic Alert
May 13, 2009 7:52 a.m. EST
www.allheadlinenews.com...

A(H1N1) virus threat still looms over RP; cases rise to 5,728 in 33 countries
05/13/2009 | 07:45 PM
gmanews.tv

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Panama City: Eight New Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; Cumulative Total Reaches 29 Cases Nationwide #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

Hong Kong: Food and Health Bureau confirm second influenza A (H1N1) case. #swinefluless than 20 seconds ago from web

China: National CDC confirms second case of influenza A (H1N1); identified in Jinan city. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
perhaps a mutation and mass deaths would be a positive thing for mankind
if it left old people and babies alive

we would have a smarter population

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ScreamtheDance

Fascinating...

I've often thought the same thing...more like a natural evolution thingy...

Get rid of the "Rig-A-Ma-Roll"

Have the Elders pass on their wisdom and knowledge to a young mind with no preconceived notions and knowledge of this current possession society...

Hmmm...

top topics

<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join