It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Poor FluTrackers going to need bigger Place-Markers soon

US:3983
Mexico:5364

Influenza A (H1N1) - Update Thirty-Seven
1.00 pm, 13 May 2009
www.moh.govt.nz...

New Sick Student Rules Have Parents Scrambling
wcco.com...

lisagsch: sir, stop letting your toddler run around this outdoor cafe shoeless. next to the GARBAGE. she is going to give us all the swine flu. 1 minute ago from web

MoNique4kidds: At ER with my six year old. A kid at school fell on his arm and broke it. Most people in here have on mask afraid to get swine flu. 2 minutes ago from mobile web

hiilauren: @Kabooki27 maybe you should get her checked swine flu kills 3 minutes ago from web

redwingshoes: report from Dr who spent days in Mexico treating H1N1 He reports as many as 1/3rd of cases hospitalized presented without a fever. STRANGE 3 minutes ago from web

[edit on 5/12/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

12 May 2009 -- As of 06:00 GMT, 12 May 2009, 30 countries have officially reported 5251 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection.

Mexico has reported 2059 laboratory confirmed human cases of infection, including 56 deaths. The United States has reported 2600 laboratory confirmed human cases, including three deaths. Canada has reported 330 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death. Costa Rica has reported eight laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Argentina (1), Australia (1), Austria (1), Brazil (8), China (2, comprising 1 in China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, and 1 in mainland China), Colombia (3), Denmark (1), El Salvador (4), France (13), Germany (12), Guatemala (1), Ireland (1), Israel (7), Italy (9), Japan (4), Netherlands (3), New Zealand (7), Norway (2), Panama (16), Poland (1), Portugal (1), Republic of Korea (3), Spain (95), Sweden (2), Switzerland (1) and the United Kingdom (55).

www.who.int...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Worldwide confirmed cases approach 6,000 as A/H1N1 engulfs more
2009-05-13 11:08:15
news.xinhuanet.com...

BEIJING, May 13 (Xinhua) -- The worldwide confirmed A/H1N1 cases have reached around 5,914 as two more countries in Asia and Europe reported their first known cases on Tuesday.

Thailand and Finland reported two cases each after Cuba earlier confirmed its first case in a Mexican student in Havana, bringing the total number of countries with confirmed cases to 33.

In the United States, which has surpassed Mexico with most known cases, Tuesday reported that a total of 3,009 have tested positive of the virus in 45 of its 50 states, with three deaths.

The number of confirmed cases on Monday was 2,600 in 44 states, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The increase showed that the ongoing outbreak of A/H1N1 influenza continues to expand in the United States. CDC officials have said they expect the A/H1N1 flu to spread to all 50 states, to cause severe disease and more deaths.
More at Link...

In Mexico City, Doubts over H1N1
www.pbs.org...

Four nations lift temporary bans on pork import from Mexico
2009-05-13 10:49:57
news.xinhuanet.com...

One suspect A/H1N1 flu case remains in Chile
2009-05-13 10:29:20
news.xinhuanet.com...

Hmmm...
East China's Shandong reports four more deaths from hand-foot-mouth disease
2009-05-12 06:06:39
news.xinhuanet.com...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Dr. Wenzel said that an unusual feature of the Mexican epidemic, which complicates the understanding of it, was that “in recent months five different influenza viruses have been circulating in Mexico simultaneously.”

Have you heard this stated anyplace before, or is it something they're just now saying ? I'd like to know what the other four flus were. If they actually had 5 different strains going around maybe that's how this one ended up with such a large mixture.

But about a third of the patients at two hospitals in Mexico City where the American expert, Dr. Richard P. Wenzel, consulted for four days last week had no fever when screened, he said.

While many people with severe cases went on to develop fever after they were admitted, about half of the milder cases did not; nearly all patients had coughing and malaise, Dr. Wenzel said.

I wonder if any of these patients that did not run a fever actually contracted the flu weeks or months before seeking attention. Maybe they had it previously and ran a fever when they first had it, but didn't seek medical attention, but the virus stayed in their system and continued to cause problems and that's why they sought medical attention.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I've heard of at least 3 different strains...4 or 5 is higher than I'd read, but, is entirely possible...and would make pinning a definite diagnosis a bit tougher...

H1N1...H2N3...?...can't remember the other mentioned right now...Hmmm

I remember seeing mention of the H2 variety in one of the prior Canadian Samples...connection? Hmmm and now "they" are comparing this to the '57 outbreak?

Will H2N3 reassortant prove Maurice Hilleman correct?
Wednesday, December 19, 2007 at 02:48PM
www.scottmcpherson.net...

~
Offit makes a persuasive case that it was Hilleman who first uncovered the 1957 H2N2 flu pandemic and was the first to develop a vaccine -- in four months!
More at Link...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

"It's been very troublesome for her father and for me," said McCall. "We've been having to take off work and also to devote some time to ask questions of the department of health and the school district about why this policy is in place."

Now i fully understand that it is hard for many parents to be able to take time off of work when their child is ill, but honestly this woman is complaining because her and her husband had to actually ask some questions

I guess she has no idea that this thing is contagious and they are trying to prevent it from being passed to the whole school

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
little bit of stuff to read through..

The Omans stock buys..
www.swamppolitics.com...

Looks like Skyterra and AVI BioPharma was picks..
www.avibio.com...
and
www.skyterracom.com...

i'll leave assumptions up to the reader..

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

Here's part of the Satellite Company read...

Skyterra
www.skyterracom.com...

~
Markets:

* Serves the following markets: Public Safety/Homeland Security, Emergency Response, Law Enforcement, Military, Coast Guard, Trucking, Rail, Oil and Gas, Marine, Natural Resources, Utilities

Nice huh? Coincidence??? *Stifles Mumbles...*

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I think they're simply comparing this to the 57' pandemic to calm people's fears. I'm not putting any stock in that until they get their numbers on the right track, too many inconsistencies right now concerning the numbers. Also the 57' pandemic claimed the lives of mainly the elderly, while this flu claims mainly young healthy people like the 1918' pandemic.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I wasn't sick before my temp dropped....it dropped the same day my symptoms started.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Oh I know...and I'm not inferring anything at this point, only the possible H2N3 connection with the Canadian samples...

I just found that article a "Tad" informative, putting some past reference out there...

The '57 was listed as H2N2...not H2N3...Hmmm...

@ phoenixs1: Intriguing...another sickness...coinciding with the temp drop Hmmm...body "see's" the virus attacking and lowers temp???

Edit: Strange...this thread is usually "Fairly" quiet, but, the "Bacon" thread is really strange quiet tonight...Hmmm

Sask. reports two new cases of swine flu, bringing provincial tally to 12
1 hour ago
www.google.com...

[edit on 5/13/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenixs1

This temperature difference in people is making it really hard to figure out what's goin on here. Seems some get the fever and some have a drop in temperature

I don't know what was goin around a couple months ago, but i ran a high fever for about five days nothing would bring it down, then after it went down i got the really bad stuff with my lungs. I haven't really been able to shake it since, (the thing with my lungs) it goes away only to come back again, and i keep getting these days when i feel really bad and drained can't stay awake (like the past couple of days ) and i feel hot but when i take my temp it's 97.2
This whole thing is very confusing

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I know and it is informative
you have to forgive the CT in me
I read it all, weigh it out, and then lock it away in my intel box for when i need a refference for comparison

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Good Deal!

H1N1 more infectious than seasonal flu, says health experts
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
www.fijitimes.com...

Two Swine Flu Cases Confirmed in Ada County
May 12, 2009 08:04 PM
www.kivitv.com...

kurtavish: Ballistic Knife A Demanding Tool After the Swine Flu Zombie Hoax: Last week’s swine flu zombie hoax .. /ryzj3c (expand) 2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

noizmaker: H1N1 Virus, Swine Flu and zombies!!! ryanshub.blogspot.com... 7 minutes ago from web

[edit on 5/13/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Chise...I had that flu in February...fever for a few days, then bad chest and cough that lasted for weeks, and lingered for weeks more. But, if your temp is dropped and you are feeling fluey, there's a chance you've now picked up this one....hopefully you wake feeling all better in the morning and it's just leftovers from the last flu, but I think you ought to watch yourself. I'll keep my fingers crossed you don't have swine flu!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
That is strange phoenixs1, I haven't had even a cold in 20 years and this Feb I also was knocked down with a cough (no fever, no chills or any other symptoms). It was a dry painful cough for 1 week, then 3 more weeks of hoarking phlem.

Glad you are better again also.

I did not react in any way, shape or form to this H1N1 human condition test either. I refused to allow myself to even think about it.

I don't need any news agency to tell me to wash my hands often either, I do that enough as is.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by suzque66

Where I live a lot of people had it....they called it the 3 week flu...sounds like you got a mild version of it.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenixs1

I'm just hoping what i had the other month (i guess you alos had it, i wonder how many other's?) isn't the precursor to this one, my temps down to 96.7 now
think i'm gonna go get under a couple blankets.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Ok Omega time for me to fly.

Gotta take the grandson to the doc tomorrow, whatever he has has gone to his ears now. And i'm wheezing again (gotta do the nebulizer thingy) and another onset of fatique has set in.

You take care and please get some rest, or at least re-gen

Thanks for all your hard work

Goodnight

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Sartoga County, New York USA
1 confirmed case
Source: New York State Health Dept.

Washington County, New York, USA
1 confirmed case
Source: New York State Health Dept.

Erie County, New York, USA