It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 134
<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanbei
Take a close look at what's happening in Egypt. Things can get really ugly!
www.recombinomics.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.recombinomics.com...

nanbie posted this a few minutes ago on the other thread.......not sure if was in your mix Hx3........but I thought it deserved to be brought to the light of the thread..........

H5N1 in Egypt Raises Pandemic Concerns

The case brings to 69 the number of people confirmed to have contracted the H5N1 avian influenza virus in Egypt, which has been hit harder than any another country outside Asia.

In Egypt, H5N1 testing is limited to cases claiming poultry contact. However, if a swine contact was required for H1N1 swine testing, the initial positives in the United States would have gone undetected because none of the confirmed cases has a swine contact.

www.recombinomics.com...

As the poster stated things could get real ugly there.......

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Yep that's one of the possibilities for me.

I also think that there may also be an element of them testing how well they are able to contain and/or manipulate this thing, possibly target certain ethnic groups/areas

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by fullmoonfairy

I still haven't found anything relevant to the up-coming Indy 500, and what concerns (if any!) our state officials have given the fact that there wll be thousands of people pouring into the city here very shortly.Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this should be a concern....

I think you're right to be concerned about the upcoming event. It seems like they have changed their tune and went from be very careful this is dangerous to don't worry it's not that bad we've got it under control.

Be careful during and after the event, watch who you come into contact with.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

To bad it ain't in the House of Reps

I haven't heard of any of our fine politicians gettin this thing, have you ?

[edit on 5/12/2009 by chise61]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by chise61

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

To bad it ain't in the House of Reps

I haven't heard of any of our fine politicians gettin this thing, have you ?

I'm sure they're all immune... except perhaps the least favored among them.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Thanks for the link

Maybe someone could start a thread specifically for this kind of information, home remedies, homeopathic cures, etc.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hmmm...must not be enough "Cure" fer us "Commoners"...

Most H1N1 patients do not need drugs to recover: WHO
www.reuters.com...

[edit on 5/12/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I was thinking, my great uncle died during the 1918 pandemic, due to a secondary bacterial infection causing pnuemonia, everyone else in the family survived it.

Maybe we should all do a little digging and see if our ancestors were higly affected by that pandemic, or if they mainly survived it, could be that those that have a mild case of this flu are descendants of the survivors and have a slight immunity that helps fight it off.

Edit to add; Last week i posted that my granddaughter was sick sore throat, stuffy/runny nose, started on saturday the 2nd, on the 5th the doc did a throat swab checked for strep throat and gave a diagnosis of "allergies" next day she had pink eye.

Well friday (the 8th, 6 days later) my grandson was complaning about his head hurting, sunday night he started having a mild cough, now today he wakes up with a sore throat and stuffy nose.

I think it's kinda funny that he comes down with the same symptoms as her 'allergies" 6 days later.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by chise61

Thanks for the link

Maybe someone could start a thread specifically for this kind of information, home remedies, homeopathic cures, etc.

Hunny the best advice I could give anyone who wants to go the route of herbs etc is to BUY a really good book to have at home about them. Many do not realize that there are actually herbs that can be deadly in the wrong combinations and some even in a tiny amount for that matter.
I for one can NOT have star anise seed, (Also a MAJOR chemical compound in the anti viral drug Tami-flu) Can't drink or eat anything with grapefruit etc you get the idea. We all have different constitutions and we know what we can and can not handle better than the next person. The reason I say this is because a lot of people don't take the time to actually study things they "put out there" as far as interaction with common everyday foods etc.
If a person wants to take charge of their life they need to do a heck of alot of learning rather than trust their life to someone else who may just be copying something they read somewhere else. ( No.... I compared my tea to all known interactions, unless a person is allergic to ginger they should be fine the use of all the herbs I listed are used in American and European cuisine regularly. Just not normally is a fresh state but rather "dried and dead" get the idea? It is not only something to heal with it was ment to be a food.)

To Add:
BAHHH

My new illness monitor (15 year old son) is demanding I take another nap as my eyes are black again....I need a ice compress and some rest per doc b-mas order's!! AT ONCE
Got to love it when your kid's turn out to be good and whole loving person's!

[edit on 12-5-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu)
May 12, 2009, 11:00 AM ET
3009 total cases of novel H1N1 flu, 3 deaths, 45 states affected
www.cdc.gov...

US, Kansas: State officials confirm case of influenza A (H1N1) in Geary County bringing state total to 23. #swineflu5 minutes ago from web

US, Nevada: State officials confirm seven additional cases of influenza A (H1N1) in Clark County brining state total to 16. #swinefluless than 5 seconds ago from web

US, Oregon: Health officials confirm a total of 74 cases of influenza A (H1N1) statewide. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

US, Oklahoma: State Officials Confirm Six New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Bringing State Total to 20. #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

US, Florida: One new cases of influenza A (H1N1) is confirmed in Flagler County bringing state total to 56. #swineflu5 minutes ago from web

DHEC: 32 H1N1 Cases in South Carolina
www.wspa.com...

Malaysia Issues Travel Advisory On Influenza A (H1N1)
www.bernama.com...

Attendance plummets at Shawnee school with H1N1 outbreak
www.kansascity.com...

French health officials confirm 13 A/H1N1 flu cases
2009-05-12 23:43:28
news.xinhuanet.com...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie

Hunny the best advice I could give anyone who wants to go the route of herbs etc is to BUY a really good book to have at home about them. Many do not realize that there are actually herbs that can be deadly in the wrong combinations and some even in a tiny amount for that matter.

Good advice

I research any herbal remedies before i take them, but many don't. I for one can't take white willow bark (used to relieve pain, inflamation, and fever) because of my asthma, and i have allergic reactions to aspirin. White willow bark also interacts with many medications and may cause stomach bleeding if used with certain medications.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Mexico: worst over despite rise in flu death toll

28 minutes ago
www.google.com...

UK, London: Three Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; UK Total Case Count Rises to 68 #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

US, South Dakota: Two new cases of influenza A (H1N1) confirmed bringing state total to 3. #swinefluhalf a minute ago from web

Study: 23,000 H1N1 Flu Cases In Mexico
Flu Continues To Spread, As Estimated Cases Grow

WASHINGTON, May 12, 2009
www.cbsnews.com...

Swine Flu May Be Human Error, Scientist Says; WHO Probes Claim
www.bloomberg.com...
(per captaintrippy)

Official says numbers don't tell the story of flu in Marshall County
www.desmoinesregister.com...
(per captaintrippy)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Morning all, Lots to read up on.

I think this is a GREAT idea, if nothing else we could split it up, so many pages per person and pull the good data then send it to one person to piece together.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Now 3,009 cases of new flu in U.S., CDC says
www.reuters.com...

Swine Flu 'Will Infect Third Of The World'
news.sky.com...

Britons Held At Gunpoint In Egypt Over Flu
news.sky.com... 0905215279772

WHO, flu experts looking into claim swine flu evolved in lab
www.cbc.ca...

CDC Shifts Swine Flu Focus to Likely Impact in the Fall
www.cbc.ca...

[edit on 12-5-2009 by ZombieSlayer]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

one thrid of the world....

Man that is a LOT of people, and if this thing mutates, it could be very VERY nasty for everyone.

Increased Testing CDC has developed a PCR diagnostic test kit to detect this novel H1N1 virus and has now distributed test kits to all states in the U.S. and the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. The test kits are being shipped internationally as well. This will allow states and other countries to test for this new virus. This increase in testing will likely result in an increase in the number of confirmed cases of illness reported. This, combined with ongoing monitoring through Flu View should provide a fuller picture of the burden of disease in the United States over time.

www.cdc.gov...

[edit on 12-5-2009 by severdsoul]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

H5N1 Originates From Alaska in 1997

In 1997, freelance investigative reporter Robert S. Finnegan, then living and based in Alaska was present when Dr. John Hultin managed to con the Natives of Brevig Mission Alaska into allowing him to exhume the bodies of several Native Alaskans against the almost violent protests of the Natives. Plying the Natives with lies and money, Hultin managed to find two corpses that appeared still viable for extraction of the H5N1 DNA buried in the permafrost. One corpse retained the viral DNA in its desiccated lungs. He then returned to the lower 48 with enough DNA to resurrect this killer virus that had been eradicated in the early 1900’s. Hultin turned virus samples over to the CDC and the U.S. Army (Jeffery Taubenberger) who then proceeded to weaponize the virus H5N1, baptizing his new doomsday creation with the name “Bird Flu.” This virus that had long been eradicated has now been released once more to kill again, this time possibly billions of human beings across the planet, by combining with the brand new killer H1N1 that has the capability to cross barriers in pigs, birds and humans becoming a “Super-Super” virus.

Today, on this date the world is seeing the results of this evil “research” as a new pandemic roars out of Mexico into the United States. I was in Alaska when this travesty occurred. Unfortunately, the Alaska Native Federation was unable to stop this theft. “Doctor” Hulin, the CDC, and the United States Army are guilty of crimes against humanity – especially the CDC – who are now in the business of killing rather than curing, and probably have been for some time now under the Bush/Cheney crime regime. The blame for this pandemic, if it indeed becomes one, can be laid squarely at their feet. I have been waiting for this to occur since 1997. Martial Law, forced vaccinations and mass death will follow shortly if this comes to pass.

Perhaps we slept too long.

911truth-sherbrooke.org...

In February 1997, Johan Hultin recovered samples of the 1918 influenza from the frozen corpse of a Native Alaskan woman buried for nearly eight decades in permafrost near Brevig Mission, Alaska [3]. He brought the samples to a team led by Jeffery Taubenberger of the US Armed Forces Institute of Pathology (AFIP). Brevig Mission lost approximately 85% of its population to the 1918 flu in November 1918. One of the four recovered samples contained viable genetic material of the virus. This sample provided scientists a first-hand opportunity to study the virus, which was inactivated with guanidinium thiocyanate before transport. This sample and others found in AFIP archives allowed researchers to completely analyze the critical gene structures of the 1918 virus. “We have now identified three cases: the Brevig Mission case and two archival cases that represent the only known sources of genetic material of the 1918 influenza virus”, said Taubenberger, chief of AFIP’s molecular pathology division and principal investigator on the project. [4] [5]

The February 6, 2004 edition of Science magazine reported that two research teams, one led by Sir John Skehel, director of the National Institute for Medical Research in London, another by Professor Ian Wilson of The Scripps Research Institute in San Diego, had managed to synthesize the hemagglutinin protein responsible for the 1918 flu outbreak of 1918. They did this by piecing together DNA from a lung sample from an Inuit woman buried in the Alaskan tundra and a number of preserved samples from American soldiers of the First World War. The teams had analyzed the structure of the gene and discovered how subtle alterations to the shape of a protein molecule had allowed it to move from birds to humans with such devastating effects.

On October 5, 2005, researchers at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York announced that the genetic sequence of the 1918 flu strain, a subtype of avian strain H1N1, had been reconstructed using historic tissue samples. [6] [7] [8]

www.washingtonpost.com...

Lethal secrets of 1918 flu virus

The lungs of infected monkeys were destroyed in just days as their immune systems went into overdrive after a Canadian laboratory rebuilt the virus.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The more you know want kill you...
but then again it still may..

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm starting to wonder if this wasn't released to help kill off the elderly and people who would be a tax on the medicare and social security system. We can't afford as many people as we currently have with the baby boomers retiring now. If you kill off many of them with a common cold then all of a sudden the government no longer has the gigantic issue with money. This would also help us get out of our economic worries as many new job positions would become available.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Very good info

This is exactly what i was talking about. And if they are claiming to have only three samples of that virus we know they have more
We also know that they will deny that this outbreak has anything at all to do with their research and resurecction of the 1918 virus

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Most of the severe cases and fatalities from this flu are in young healthy people between 20-50.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Aguascalientes, Mexico: 1 confirmed dead. Source: Mexican Ministry of Health (Spanish pdf file with map) Date: 11 May 2009 6:00 GMTabout 1 hour ago from twitterfeed

Baja California, Mexico: 1 confirmed dead. Source: Mexican Ministry of Health (Spanish pdf file with map) Date: 11 May 2009 6:00 GMTabout 1 hour ago from twitterfeed

Yellowstone County, Montana, USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: MT.Gov. Department of Pulbic HealthDate: May 12 2009about 2 hours ago from twitterfeed

Spain: Two New Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Confirmed, Andalusia (1) and Valencia (1); Cumulative Total Reaches 100 Confirmed Cases Nationwide20 minutes ago from web

US, Tennessee: State officials confirm second case of influenza A (H1N1) in Shelby County bringing the state total to 55. #swineflu33 minutes ago from web

US, Alabama: State officials confirm nine cases of influenza A (H1N1); all cases have been under 13 years old. #swineflu34 minutes ago from web

US, Minnesota: State officials confirm ten more cases of influenza A (H1N1) bringing the state total to 31. #swinefluabout 3 hours ago from web

US, Colorado: Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Case Count Statewide Reaches 44 #swinefluabout 3 hours ago from web

US, Iowa: State officials confirm two more cases of influenza A (H1N1) in Marshall County bringing the state total to 56. #swinefluabout 3 hours ago from web

Panama, Panama City: Three New Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Confirmed; Cumulative Total Reaches 18 Confirmed Cases Nationwide#swinefluabout 3 hours ago from web

US, Texas: State officials confirm 294 cases of influenza A (H1N1) in 30 counties. #swinefluabout 3 hours ago from web

US, Massachusetts: State officials confirm six additional cases of influenza A (H1N1) in children; state total rises to 107. #swinefluabout 3 hours ago from web

US, Arizona: One additional case of influenza A (H1N1) brings total number confirmed cases in the state to 187. #swinefluabout 4 hours ago from web

US, Nebraska: State health officials confirm two new cases of influenza A (H1N1) bringing state total to 21. #swinefluabout 4 hours ago from web

Panama: Three New Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Confirmed in Panama City; Cumulative Total Reaches 18 Confirmed Cases Nationwide. #swinefluabout 4 hours ago from web

US, Illinois: Officials confirm 554 cases of influenza A (H1N1) statewide; most cases are in the Chicago area. #swinefluabout 4 hours ago from web

new topics

top topics

<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join