It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
They may also try to downplay this so that people with the sniffles or seasonal allergies don't swamp the emergency rooms and medical facilities asking for Tamiflu. Seasonal allergies if they are severe enough can really mimic the flu. I would certainly avoid any medical facility or airport at this point. Everyone I know who has been on an airplane in the last month or so has gotten the flu but most are recovering.

I understand that these deadly flu strains produce much more serious and more rapidly developing symptoms.

One question: Is this current outbreak related to that in Egypt? Are they still reporting on the Egyptian outbreak because I'm not seeing that one mentioned much anymore.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Egyptian cases are people who caught Avian Flu H5N1 directly from birds.

These cases are Swine Flu H5N1, and is being transmitted human-to-human.

So no, they aren't related.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Isn't this one H1N1, not H5N1?

Avian Flu was H5N1. This Swine Flu is labeled as H1N1.

I'm not sure if the designation changes once it becomes transferable between Humans, whether the H1N1 is the label for the Swine virus or once it has passed to Humans.
I'm pretty sure it's label comes once it is transferable between people rather than isolated cases from animal to Human, because it takes another leap in development to be able to be passed from Human to Human.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ddacunha
"A mystery illness is sweeping a suburban high school causing dozens of students and teachers to have flu-like symptoms. According to reports, a high school in Westchester County New York has left health inspectors baffled. They are trying to find out why and how to stop the recent virus that is making students violently ill.

According to WCBSTV, "One woman's daughter was one of the many students and faculty the bug has hit. The Health Department says it's the pesky nor virus, which causes nausea vomiting and diarrhea. It cannot be treated with antibiotics, so those made ill are advised to drink fluids, rest up and avoid contact with others. The school will also be reintroducing a lesson plan usually given to much younger students -- the importance of hygiene and hand-washing."

this is from the 18th of april link

Norovius and Norwalk are a completely different type of virus than the Swine Flu.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JediK
Here comes the depopulation...

Here comes another crash in the real estate market this fall...

The NWO is on the way.

7% of the people who are 25-50 is not a depopulation that is that significant.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Out of curiosity, I wanted to check up on Tamiflu (oseltamivir), which is the anti-viral being reported to work against this strain of influenza. I found an alert about the drug that I wanted to make everyone aware of and some information that kind of confused me.

FDA approved Tamiflu (oseltamivir phosphate), an oral anti-viral drug for the treatment of uncomplicated influenza in patients one year and older whose flu symptoms have not lasted more than two days. This product is approved to treat Type A and B influenza; however, the majority of patients included in the studies were infected with type A, the most common in the U.S. Efficacy of Tamiflu in the treatment of influenza in subjects with chronic cardiac disease and/or respiratory disease has not been established.

Tamiflu
MedWatch Safety Alert

It seems that the information I bolded in the above text, would make this an unlikely canidate to use against this new strain. It almost sounds like it isn't even FDA approved for this type of illness.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by Aeons

Isn't this one H1N1, not H5N1?

Avian Flu was H5N1. This Swine Flu is labeled as H1N1.

I'm not sure if the designation changes once it becomes transferable between Humans, whether the H1N1 is the label for the Swine virus or once it has passed to Humans.
I'm pretty sure it's label comes once it is transferable between people rather than isolated cases from animal to Human, because it takes another leap in development to be able to be passed from Human to Human.

The designation is based on the genetic fingerprint of the virus (RNA).

Go to the section of variants and subtypes.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2009/4/25 by Aeons]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
There are some good articles on Natural News that teach you how to boost your immune system to avoid the flu. Also, a really good tincture you can order online.

Avoiding the Flu:

The good news is that you can take steps to help you avoid the Bird Flu or any other flu when it comes, and to survive it if you happen to catch it. Included in these steps are the things that you should do to protect yourself from virtually all diseases and illnesses: get plenty of rest, exercise, quit smoking, eat a nutritious diet, avoid stress and, above all, to make your body's natural first line of defense -- your immune system -- strong and robust.

Some of the very best immune boosters are:

* Echinacea

* Pau d'arco

* Suma

* Astragalus

* Medicinal mushrooms

* Beta glucans

* Aloe vera

* Alkygycerol

* Lactoferrin

* Bovine colostrums

* Glutathione

* Mangosteen

How to Beat and Prevent the Avian Flu and Other Influenzas

I ordered 3 bottles of this anti-viral tincture:

Product review: Power Immune anti-viral tincture from Fitura

The taste tells you it's medicinal
The taste of the Fitura Power Immune product is just as it should be: Intense, complex and slightly bitter. There's a lot going on in there, with the herbal ingredients acting in synergy. It's not nearly as intense as, say, John Barron's super garlic tincture from Baseline Nutritionals, but that's okay since not everybody can handle that level of herbal intensity. Fitura's Power Immune is certainly far more potent than a lot of the herbal products found in retail, many of which are watery and seem to contain very little actual herbage.

The ingredients in Power Immune are:

• Echinacea Purpurea
• Licorice
• Cat's Claw
• Green Tea
• #ake Mushroom
• St. John's Wort
• Lemon Balm
• Olive Leaf
• Astragalus
• Ginger
• Garlic
• Onion

If you'll notice, each one of these ingredients is anti-viral by itself. Cat's Claw and Green Tea also have strong anti-cancer properties. Licorice helps stabilize blood sugar, #ake mushroom is an immunomodulator, and St. John's Wort is a wonderful mood booster that works better than antidepressant drugs. So there are other benefits provided by these ingredients, beyond their anti-viral effects.

Here's where you can get it:
Fitura PowerImmune

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
All of which I think are great - For A Cold.

I would seriously reconsider taking anything that will excite your immune system. Which is what a goodly number of those ingredients do.

The thing that kills you about viruses that that cause these respiratory disorders that kill you is that it happens because your immune system overreacts. You want to kill the pathogen, not the host.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cameoii
Out of curiosity, I wanted to check up on Tamiflu (oseltamivir), which is the anti-viral being reported to work against this strain of influenza. I found an alert about the drug that I wanted to make everyone aware of and some information that kind of confused me.

FDA approved Tamiflu (oseltamivir phosphate), an oral anti-viral drug for the treatment of uncomplicated influenza in patients one year and older whose flu symptoms have not lasted more than two days. This product is approved to treat Type A and B influenza; however, the majority of patients included in the studies were infected with type A, the most common in the U.S. Efficacy of Tamiflu in the treatment of influenza in subjects with chronic cardiac disease and/or respiratory disease has not been established.

Tamiflu
MedWatch Safety Alert

It seems that the information I bolded in the above text, would make this an unlikely canidate to use against this new strain. It almost sounds like it isn't even FDA approved for this type of illness.

Maybe it is only efficacious in the early stages? I recall that Tamiflu is not easy to manufacture so maybe they are just trying to discourage people with pre-existing lung disease and cardiac illnesses from getting it. Btw, people in Mexico can get anti-biotics without a prescription but I'm not sure about the availability of Tamiflu specifically. Pharmacies in Mexico are always staffed with pharmacists at site who write prescriptions with no examination or physical evaluation (from what I have seen over the years.) and the libertarian in me likes this. They do not allow hoarding or large scripts and I also like that.
Maybe I'll make a quick visit "across the line" this weekend.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
reply to post by spinkyboo

No need to be insultive,I may be watching this thread for a reason that you would appreciate.

I certainly did not mean to insult you.
I truly don't think what you described would be good for the dogs -
or for you or for anyone...
I make no assumptions as to why you are watching this thread.
I imagine it is to keep yourself and others in the know about a serious
situation with information that may not be readily accessible
via mainstream media.
All the best - Stay well!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

That's a pretty good list but I'd like to point out and add that a lot of people are allergic to Echinacea - it is in the same family as sunflowers so if you are allergic/sensitive to sunflower pollens avoid Echinacea. If I recall correctly the stats given on that are 7% - 15% of people in North America are in fact allergic or sensitive to it.
I am not sure if one really wants to excite their immune system either...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Several weeks ago it was reported that execs from Sony and Panasonic were being ordered to return to Japan. Their reason? They felt the USA was about to be hit with a pandemic.

This really happened and at the time I wondered if the top guys in Japan had some info that we didn't. Seems now that they did.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whatthehell?
Several weeks ago it was reported that execs from Sony and Panasonic were being ordered to return to Japan. Their reason? They felt the USA was about to be hit with a pandemic.

This really happened and at the time I wondered if the top guys in Japan had some info that we didn't. Seems now that they did.

Oh my. I remember that. Would be great if we could get a link on that.
Excellent point.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

The order to return home was only from certain areas, North America not being one of them. If they did have any inside information, it must have been incorrect.

He reiterated that Japanese employees have been asked to return send their families back from Asia (except Singapore), China, the Middle East, Africa, the Commonwealth of Independent States (the former Soviet republic states), and Latin America. Divisions that aren't subject to the repatriation request include North America, Western Europe, and Oceania (Australia and New Zealand).

Panasonic Pandemic Order

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have been following a similiar story since it broke nearly a month ago. Bare with me as I dont know how to link. Bloomberg reported Feb 24th that Glaxobaxter mistakenly contaminated vaccines and sent them from their Austrian labs, anywhere between 3-18 countries, undisclosed. As many are surely aware GB MISTAKENLY crossed H5N1 with common H1N1 thus creating a incubated avin superbug. Chris Bona, spokesman for GlaxoBaxter says 'human error" resulted in the contamination, WHO members were notified and reportedly recovered virus vials. Since 2003, first recorded case of human case of Avian Flu, there has been recorded 408 persons in 15 countires that have died in result of Avian Flu. 63% mortality rate.

Meanwhile cases began springing up in Mexico City nearly a month ago of unknown "flu" spreading across populated areas of mexico. As of today there are 800 known cases, 20 confirmed deaths and 48 believed to have died from similiar symptoms as reported by WHO. American media retracted its first reports of 75 students in NYC being tested for the virus, saying it was unrelated. Southern California and part of southern Texas also reporting swinu flu exposure. All patients recovered.

I would say the greatest cause for alarm would be connecting all the dots. With all the conspiracy talk of martial law, FEMA camps, Mass grave sites, erosion of our "inalienable rights", the coming collapse of our financial sectors, and looting of our national treasury AND destruction of soverinty does this not seem like the perfect catalyst? Our borders leak more than a speghetti siev, illegal immigration is our biggest threat! The mass exodus of mexicans to the US have brought with them many diseases that were thought nearly erradicted through the use of aggressive vaccinations, ie: polio, TB, mumps and measels. Yearly the exposure to these virus's increase at a alarming rate. Mexicans unknowingly carrying swine flu crossing the border can make it anywhere in the US within, high end incubation period, of seven days. That is truly scary, these are the same people who end up handling food at your favorite fast food joint.

For the life of me I cannot remember where I read the following, I am leary to post it without the url. I read, a illegal mexican reported that he drove refridgorated tacktor trailors to undisclosed sites and was paid through an account held at Bank of America. Man said he waited outside facility to be loaded and his truck was driven by another individual from the dock to recieving area where he took truck from there. He ran three trips across the nation and paid 15,000 for each load. Later he was told he was hauling vaccinations for DHS. The second story that I read off a blog, a man mentioned that his wife works for a group connected to Glaxo baxter out of Research Triangle Park, NC. She recieved a memo from the company that, said company will store in their facility large quantaties of Relenza for employees and their respected family members.

It sickens me to even think such a conspiracy possible, I served 10 long years in the USMC have sworn my life to the constitution like thousands of my brothers before me. There is a horrible stink about this. Is the government dropping the fist of communism? What other way would the gov accomplish martial law than through this scenario. Civil unrest? unlikely. Terrorist attack? Unless nuclear in nature, would only bring solidarity in mass as seen in the first expierement. Is this the catalyst?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cameoii

The order to return home was only from certain areas, North America not being one of them. If they did have any inside information, it must have been incorrect.

He reiterated that Japanese employees have been asked to return send their families back from Asia (except Singapore), China, the Middle East, Africa, the Commonwealth of Independent States (the former Soviet republic states), and Latin America. Divisions that aren't subject to the repatriation request include North America, Western Europe, and Oceania (Australia and New Zealand).

Panasonic Pandemic Order

Interesting. Thanks for the link! The fact that they were asked to come back from anywhere because of possible outbreak is interesting - but there have been some small outbreaks in many areas over the last year .. so who knows what they thought or what they were told.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Something wicked this way comes.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I found this may tie up some lose ends. Specifically that it may very well be time to run for the hills.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by StudentofJefferson

I don't see this as so much of a conspiracy, (yet) but more of an inescapable act of nature. However, this may connect more of those dots for you.

Put GlaxoSmithKline at the head of the list of vaccine-makers able to profit from a potential flu pandemic. The company just got EU go-ahead to market its H5N1 vaccine, Prepandrix, becoming the first pharma to get a Euro-license for a pre-pandemic vaccine.

fiercepharma.com

Edit to add: Wasn't there also something about the UK stockpiling antiviral flu medicines a few months ago? I remember that it was supposedly enough for 50% of their population and it was a bit strange because the medicines had a shelf life. If I find any more I will add for you.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Cameoii]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join