It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 128
<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

WELL I KNEW THAT YOU GOT IT

Just wasn't sure about any newer poster's that might not have seen the earlier articles you so graciously tracked down for those of us far to hyped up on meds

After what I saw at the ER and have heard from several "family circle" member's. "They are going to have to come up with one hell of an excuse and someone to blame real soon!"
We may be coming out of our flu season and all; but the "bacterial" secondaries are surpassing the original flu at the current pace. The bacterial infections don't have a seasonal date and with the current severity and person to person transmission being witnessed it may just last till next fall.
It is only a matter of time before someone cracks to save their own buttocks.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Good Mornin there..xoxo stacie

Good to see ya up and about..

My thinking about the flu seasons is this..We are coming out of our flu seasons when our immune system should be getting stronger Right?..If this flu is getting a strong immune system low enough to cause the secondary illness severe enough to lay a strong person out,what is this thing gonna do when its the peek of cold and flu season??

second,if this thing is hitting us now,in the spring where its all ready hot in some areas whats to say it wont just bounce around,from person to person all summer?

This tamiflu I dont think will keep you from getting it again,as its just an anti-viral..I'd like to see what happens if a person gets this twice..Abiet,that sounds horrible but maybe thats what caused the deaths in mexico..

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

From what I've "gathered"...this is a bit different...

Being it's Swine/Bird variant...it's used to higher metabolism/temperature settings...

Which are currently adapting to our lower meta/temp bodies...

Some have noticed a drop in core body temps...strange...Ecoparity believes this is a immune system response trying to deprive the virus of it's normal higher temp breeding ground...some have advocated drinking lots of ice water to help in this defense...

It seems the virus is trying to invoke a higher temp in it's victims, but, the immune system is TRYING to keep temps down to avoid spread...

Problem is...once the body has it's "Number", the body thinks that's it...nope...

The Virus, in it's travels picks up others responses, but, still keeps it's original "layer", that the body "thinks it knows"...nope...

It's "The Same", but "Not" now...

Can you see where *I'm* going with this?!? Hmmm

[edit on 5/11/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 25
www.who.int...

11 May 2009 -- As of 06:00 GMT, 11 May 2009, 30 countries have officially reported 4694 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection.

Mexico has reported 1626 laboratory confirmed human cases of infection, including 48 deaths. The United States has reported 2532 laboratory confirmed human cases, including three deaths. Canada has reported 284 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death. Costa Rica has reported eight laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Argentina (1), Australia (1), Austria (1), Brazil (8), China (2, comprising 1 in China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, and 1 in mainland China), Colombia (3), Denmark (1), El Salvador (4), France (13), Germany (11), Guatemala (1), Ireland (1), Israel (7), Italy (9), Japan (4), Netherlands (3), New Zealand (7), Norway (2), Panama (15), Poland (1), Portugal (1), Republic of Korea (3), Spain (95), Sweden (2), Switzerland (1) and the United Kingdom (47).
Hmmm...take a look at FluTracker...

Frankfurt (Oder), Germany 2 confirmed cases.
Male & Female who were traveling together with patient from hamburg.

Platte County, Nebraska USA: 1 Confirmed caseSource: Nebraska DHHSDate: 5-11-2009 Time: 12:22( GMT+2)11 minutes ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
So,your saying that this ''thing'' likes a higher body temp.?

And for the body to want to lower its temputure is the strangest thing i have heard..beleivable,oh yes indeed..
i know that a abnormal fever can be kept in check with ice water and ice pacts on the wrists and sides of the neck,and in an extreme an ice water bath..

This is gonna be the summer of misery..
as what was it,1969 the summer of love..

we infact have a smart flu,if thats the case..

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

Yep...do a "Al Bundy" and fill up yer little Kiddy Pool and keep it in the shade to "Chill"

Did my "Explanation" make any sense at all???

Undiscl. bavarian Location, Germany
1 confirmed case.
Woman who had contact with infected people in mexico.
Source: RKI (english)
Date: 2009-05-11 13:00 GMT+1

BTW: Just seen another AFLAC Commercial...Gilbert Godfried reminds me of the aliens in Mars Attacks...ACK..ack....ack...ACK.ACKACK

OK...I'm going to take a Re-Gen now...

And I sure don't want to see a big blank page like yesterday when I get back in...that was "SAD" what 3-4 posts the WHOLE TIME I was "Out"

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

yeah it made sence,but a little tired,been up since around 4 yesterday..been trying to find a needle in a very large hay stack about this flu..

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I want to start by saying thanks so much for all the hard work you put into this forum!

I am one of the one who's temperature plummetted. It was quite scary and made me feel awful, and while it was low I got a badly infected throat and ears. I decided my body couldn't fight those infections properly unless I got my temperature back up, so I spent days working on that....turned my house into a sauna, stayed under covers etc. Once it got back up, I started to feel a bit better and it seemed like my throat and ears settled down a bit.

I feel like I'm pretty much over it, but after reading here, I am a bit frightened that it may come back. I figured now that I've had it I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. Can it come back for round 2 or should I be breathing a sigh of relief that I seem to have survived it?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
You know, on Monday April 20th I started to get a really bad "cold" which eventually was diagnosed as a sinus infection 10 days later. I wasn't getting any better I so went to my doctor. The symptoms were more like the flu, only drawn out and not as severe. On one of those nights when I just seemed to be hovering in and around the misery level my husband said that I felt hot to him. I was sweating in bed, just laying there in complete lethargy, when he came decided to take my temp. It was 96.5.

He asked me if the thermometer was 'broken" or something and we decided that it was just one of those wierd things! Now, reading all of these personal accounts of lo body temp I am beginning to wonder. This keeps coming back to me even though I think if did have this flu, it wouldn't have lingered the way it did. Finally, 15 days later, and one round of Z pak I started to feel good again. Any thoughts?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

I thought my thermometer was broken at first too!

I'm at day 10, and still not 100%....still battling the throat and ear infection and my body feels like I ran a marathon (it's like it wreaked havoc with my muscles). Also, I called the health line again yesterday with some concerns, and they told me to wait another day before seeing a doctor, which led me to think that there were others that had it going into a second week.

BTW, someone started a thread re symptoms etc...it would be great if you could share your story there too...I'm very curious to see how many others had temperature drops. If it's occurring frequently, they ought to let people know, as for me, it made me think I didn't have the flu, and because of that I continued to go out in public when I probably shouldn't have. If it's a symptom in many, people ought to be made aware of it.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
story here

Ref: swine flu

It has moved into the southern hemisphere, where influenza season is just beginning, and could mix with circulating seasonal flu viruses or the H5N1 avian influenza virus to create new strains, health officials said.

Create new strains .. so ya'll who got sick with it up here in the USA won't have immunity in the fall when the new virus comes sweeping through .... (sounds a lot like 1918 to me).

And if it's a 'new strain' then no one will have the correct vaccination for it.

We'll be getting those THREE MANDATORY SHOTS (says obama) .. for nothing.

Obama said one regular flu shot and then two swine flu shots.

I predict the new strain will mean these are useless and I also predict a lot of Guillian Burre Syndrom popping up due to the excess shots.

What a mess ...

Well it looks like Hx3 was up late last night...........Good find FlyerFan
I think

This is not good news and I fear if it does mutate with H5N1......I am not sure what the death rate would be considering it to be some super hybrid....
What we do know is that the death rate is around 60% for those infected with H5N1........and it is estimated if a world outbreak of this virus would kill 5 million to 150 million.......

HPAI A(H5N1) is considered an avian disease, although there is some evidence of limited human-to-human transmission of the virus.[4] A risk factor for contracting the virus is handling of infected poultry, but transmission of the virus from infected birds to humans is inefficient.[5] Still, around 60% of humans known to have been infected with the current Asian strain of HPAI A(H5N1) have died from it, and H5N1 may mutate or reassort into a strain capable of efficient human-to-human transmission. In 2003, world-renowned virologist Robert Webster published an article titled "The world is teetering on the edge of a pandemic that could kill a large fraction of the human population" in American Scientist. He called for adequate resources to fight what he sees as a major world threat to possibly billions of lives.[6] On September 29, 2005, David Nabarro, the newly-appointed Senior United Nations System Coordinator for Avian and Human Influenza, warned the world that an outbreak of avian influenza could kill anywhere between 5 million and 150 million people.[7] Experts have identified key events (creating new clades, infecting new species, spreading to new areas) marking the progression of an avian flu virus towards becoming pandemic, and many of those key events have occurred more rapidly than expected.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenixs1

I debating posting this on that thread because it may have been just a sinus infection and a wierd coincidence with the lo temp. I dont want to post misinformation on such a specific topic, even with the temp issue.

Does that make sense?
Thanks!
FMF

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

It makes sense...I've qualified my account there by saying I've not been tested and another person did the same. I think in North America only a very small percentage of the cases are ever going to be "confirmed", so I think it's ok, as long as you say you've not been confirmed.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Good morning, hope everyone's well.

Illinois stands at 487 total confirmed cases statewide as of 10am.

Chicago 214, Cook county 142. So my county alone has 356 cases
So one county in Illinois has 73% of all the states confirmed cases

The thing i don't like is the way they're trying to make us think this thing is over and no longer a threat. According to todays numbers we only have one suspected case in the whole state
Not possible, they really do believe that we are gullible

www.idph.state.il.us...

The other thing that really bothers me is the fact that Wisconsin (384) and Illinois (487) have the highest rates of confirmed cases so far, with numbers way above any other statess

www.disabled-world.com...

I don't like it, why are the numbers of confirmed cases so much higher than the rest of the states, what's going on here

Edited because i forgot to post a link.

[edit on 5/11/2009 by chise61]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hey there, Good Morning everyone! Stars!

Interesting notes from Hx3_1963 on the behavior of this flu!
Interim CDC Guidance for Institutions of Higher Education and Post-secondary Educational Institutions in Response to Human Infections with Novel Influenza A (H1N1) Virus
www.cdc.gov...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I'd guess first, that Illinois has a more efficient lab!

Do you have another idea why Illinois case count might be being so high !?!?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
You know guys I am really starting to see a major "trend" in the reporting on the flu and what the government is putting out at the same time.
Now we have been told repeatedly over the past month by all MSM and the gov to boot that this flu is no big deal it is very mild and there is nothing to worry about. BUT at the same time all of the health services aligned with the governments of the world are putting out flyer's,pdf's and "on line communications" for institutions etc.
These that say they need to keep these mild flu suffering people AWAY from everyone else at what ever cost. This is really starting to make alot more sense! The more they talk about the measure's everyone should take who is at a "higher level" in society the more they are admitting somewhat in secret that it isn't as mild as we have all been told. All one has to do to prove to themselves it is true is to simply look at the procession of articles and pdf's that have followed this past month.
It is amazing; the power of the human mind to simply push aside fact's that make us uncomfortable and accept what makes us each feel better. In watching and reading the statements and articles etc one can see that they have indeed learned this thing isn't a mild flu by any means. If it was they would be wasting millions on end to get all of these "guidelines" out to those in places to lead large numbers of people.
Now after all of the "there is nothing wrong". They want these same people to develop a much closer relationship with the health services to help keep track of break outs in all area's.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Good afternoon, all. Here are the latest numbers from the CDC:

Alabama 4
Arizona 182
California 191
Colorado 39
Connecticut 24
Delaware 44
Florida 54
Georgia 3
Hawaii 6
Idaho 1
Illinois 487
Indiana 39
Iowa 43
Kansas 36
Kentucky** 10
Louisiana 9
Maine 4
Maryland 23
Massachusetts 88
Michigan 130
Minnesota 7
Missouri 14
Nebraska 13
Nevada 9
New Hampshire 4
New Jersey 7
New Mexico 30
New York 190
North Carolina 11
Ohio 6
Oklahoma 14
Oregon 17
Pennsylvania 10
Rhode Island 7
South Carolina 32
South Dakota 1
Tennessee 54
Texas 179 2
Utah 63
Vermont 1
Virginia 16
Washington 128 1
Washington, D.C. 4
Wisconsin 384

TOTALS 2618 cases 3 deaths

CDC

I've wondered about the low numbers in my state. I think it really does have alot to do with the testing. I know that our state level testing is assisting several other states with their backlogs, so I'm sure that slows our numbers. Besides, it's confirmed that they are not testing every suspected case, but only those that show an outbreak in a new area.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Iowa: State officials confirm 54 cases of influenza A (H1N1) statewide; most cases are in Marshall County. #swineflu
6 minutes ago from web

Canada: Total confirmed influenza A (H1N1) count reaches 288; three new cases identified in Alberta province. #swineflu
7 minutes ago from web

Spain: New influenza A (H1N1) cases confirmed in Catalonia and Ibiza; nationwide case count reaches 98. #swineflu
11 minutes ago from web

CDCemergencyConference Call Today 4-5PM ET, Pediatrics and novel H1N1 flu, 800-369-1826, passcode: 5072327 CDC COCA #h1n1 #swineflu

Mexican kids return to school after flu scare r.reuters.com...
5 minutes ago from Reuters.com

Mexican H1N1 flu spreads easily: study r.reuters.com...

WHO says no signs of community H1N1 transmission r.reuters.com...

Now 2,618 cases of new flu in U.S.: CDC r.reuters.com...

El Salvador: Two New Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; Cumulative Total Reaches Four Confirmed Cases Nationwide #swineflu
34 minutes ago from web

Germany: Health officials confirm a total of 12 influenza A (H1N1) cases nationwide. #swineflu
44 minutes ago from web

Spain: Health Ministry confirms a total of 95 influenza A (H1N1) cases nationwide. #swineflu
about 1 hour ago from web

New Zealand, Auckland: Two More Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Registered Among Rangitoto School Group; Seven Total Cases Nationwide

US, Florida: State Officials Report 55 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu

Twitter

Take a look at Zykloner's charts as of today.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Cameoii]

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Cameoii]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
CDCemergencyConference Call Today 4-5PM ET, Pediatrics and novel H1N1 flu, 800-369-1826, passcode: 5072327 CDC COCA #h1n1 #swineflu

VeratectUS, Iowa: State officials confirm 54 cases of influenza A (H1N1) statewide; most cases are in Marshall County. #swineflu
less than a minute ago from web

VeratectCanada: Total confirmed influenza A (H1N1) count reaches 288; three new cases identified in Alberta province. #swineflu
2 minutes ago from web

[edit on 11-5-2009 by JBA2848]

This was posted by JBA2848 on the other "pig" thread..........It looks like he posted the CDC conference call number and code for a scheduled conference call today 4-5 PM ET.........

Maybe we should listen in.........

new topics

top topics

<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join