It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 115
<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Star 4 U!

Yep...it's somewhere back in a pile of Intel data

Thanks! I like it better also, as most all movies, originals are best...think Beverley Hillbilly's

Q&A: Gene Sequence 'Bank' Helps Scientists Decipher H1N1 Flu
www.pbs.org...

Confirmed H1N1 cases jump in Iowa
May 07. 2009 7:03PM
gazetteonline.com

CatherineQ: Home country of NZ has many suspected swine flu cases. People I know r sick but not seeking tamiflu or testing. Seem very relaxed - media? 1 minute ago from web

[edit on 5/7/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I like it...the Omega Man. What a movie! Although, I did not like the ending..I'm sorry, but the hero should always live!

Stars for you!
Is there anyword on the person that may have died, the elderly woman from Alberta?
I have had to work all day, so I am not up to speed!

reply to post by chise61

Yes it is scary...although it is kind of presented by the media as....
move along...nothing to see here folks!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

PHOENIX -- Arizona now has 130 cases of confirmed swine flu, up from 49 at last count

I wonder what we will be saying this time next week?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Public health authorities acknowledge their worst fears about the new virus have not materialized. But no one's officially saying it's time to relax. And experts worry that people will become too complacent and tune out the warnings if the virus returns in a more dangerous form in the fall.

"People are taking a sigh of relief too soon," said Dr. Richard Besser, acting director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In an interview Wednesday with The Associated Press, Besser said the outbreak in the United States appears to be less severe than was first feared. But the virus is still spreading and its future potential as a killer is not clearly understood.

I'm afraid that people are going to say, 'Ah, we've dodged a bullet. We don't need to do that,'" Besser said. "The thing that's keeping me up right now is that feeling of dodging the bullet," he added.

This is the reasoning that people are using, to give themselves, IMO a false sense of security....

"I don't know anyone who has it. I haven't met anyone who knows anyone who contracted it,"

"Swine flu is just another strain of flu. People get the flu. I guess you have to call it a pandemic when it's a widespread virus, but I don't think the severity of it is all that concerning," said Heyl, 43.

And this is what they're worried about...

Schools shut down, idling even healthy kids and forcing parents to stay home from work; colleges scaled back or even canceled graduation ceremonies; a big Cinco de Mayo celebration in Chicago was canned; face masks and hand sanitizers sold out — all because of an outbreak that seems no worse than a mild flu season.

A mild flu season ? with a fatality rate of 2.1 %

news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Age matters with 2009-H1N1 flu outbreak
May 7, 2009
www.mdconsult.com...

H1N1 Case Confirmed In Lexington
6:27 PM May 7, 2009
www.wkyt.com...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Hi, hope you're doin good today.

Just what the Omega man posted here..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit to fix link

[edit on 5/7/2009 by chise61]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Friends and Family Say Goodbye To Mercedes Teacher
Last Update: 7:37 pm
www.krgv.com...

Time line of Mexico's 2009 Swine Flu Outbreak
Day-by-day developments in the 2009 Swine Flu H1N1 Epidemic

gomexico.about.com...

UNCG Student Quarantined With Possible H1N1 Flu Virus
www.digtriad.com...

Hmmm...
Swine flu outbreak starts to dwindle
The virus is no longer spreading like wildfire
www.kxan.com...

Parents shrug off swine flu concerns at 2 schools
www.greenbaypressgazette.com...

DanieljGross: AP reports 21 confirmed cases of Swine Flu in Maryland now with two more probables on the way. Does anyone know which areas? 1 minute ago from web

Georgia health officials scale back swine flu testing
www.ajc.com...

kfvsnews: Health officials confirm a case of H1N1 (swine flu) in St. Louis County. 3 minutes ago from web

musiclover3982: There was no hand santizer anywhere today... only CVS... damned swine flu... and I'm not joking, it was all gone less than 10 seconds ago from web

nettsarie: Just got email from NEISD here in SA confirming 1st case of swine flu in district. No school closures. less than 20 seconds ago from web

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

you have a u2u about some information I got today.
sorry for the one liner am really tired.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

No Problemo

Aren't we all, about one thing or another
*Think Wall St/.Gov*

Brazil: Four Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed : Date: May 07, 2009 23:04 UTC Risk: Medium Several international media outlets re..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Como: Two Sets of Laboratory Analysis Return Positive for the Probable 38-Year-Old Female Case of Influenza A (H1N1); Superior Health Ins..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Swine Flu Ancestors May Protect Elderly, Experts Say (Update1)
www.bloomberg.com...

May 7 (Bloomberg) -- Swine flu evolved from human viruses circulating in pigs for more than a decade, a finding that may explain why people in their 30s and 40s are getting sicker than the elderly in the U.S. and Mexico, scientists said today.

Older people may have some immunity against swine flu because of exposure to similar viruses as long as 70 years ago, before the virus’s ancestors switched to infecting pigs, said Robert Belshe, a St. Louis University influenza expert, who wrote a commentary on studies published in the New England Journal of Medicine.

The percentage of people ages 30 to 44 who are hospitalized from swine flu is higher than in seasonal flu, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That suggests younger adults may have less immune protection against swine flu than older people, Belshe said.

“They may have been infected with similar viruses in the 1930s and 1940s,” Belshe said today in a telephone interview. “Their exposure to seasonal viruses may be giving them some protection.”
More at Link...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Yea that giant sucking sound coming from Washington D.C....has not stopped since last October! Or was it September?

Speaking of Washington D.C....found this put out this afternoon.

THE WHITE HOUSE

Office of Media Affairs May 7, 2009

TOMORROW: Obama Administration and Univision to Host Spanish-Language Town Hall Meeting on H1N1 Virus
Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis, other Administration officials will respond to questions from Latino community

Tomorrow, Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis will join other Administration officials and the Univision Network for a Latino town hall meeting to listen to the community’s concerns and inform the public about the government’s efforts to control the impact of the H1N1 virus. Univision Anchor Edna Schmidt will moderate the Spanish-language town hall meeting, an unprecedented effort to engage our nation’s largest minority group, and to make sure that accurate information critical to the public’s health and safety reaches every corner of the country.

Now that is a beta test!

www.whitehouse.gov...

[edit on 7-5-2009 by burntheships]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Asian countries pledge common fight against flu

Asian countries will increase stockpiles of medicine to fight the H1N1 flu virus and look at ways to share essential supplies in the event of an emergency, according to a statement drafted for a meeting on Friday.

www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The Hawaii State Department of Health has confirmed two seperate cases of the H1N1 Influenza A7 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Swine Flu WHO says pork is safe, too late for battered industry - National Post: Sky NewsWHO says pork .. /opqpvt1 minute ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

your new avatar! LOL!

reply to post by ZombieSlayer

Your Avatar!

reply to post by chise61

Thanks, long work day...so that is good. Hope your grandaughter is better also!

Experts: Mild swine flu could quickly turn deadly
www.thetandd.com...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Dead Albertan being tested for swine flu
May 7, 2009 11:02 PM
www.canada.com...

CALGARY — Health officials are testing a deceased patient from northern Alberta for swine influenza, sources told Canwest News Service on Thursday night.

Results from the tests were not yet available, but if the patient did have the influenza strain, it would be the first time someone with the disease has died in Canada.

Media reports suggested the patient was an elderly woman.
Much more at Link...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
People who are in richer nations will be far less likely to die of any pandemic. Increased mortality is tied closely to income levels.

THAT is why there is less mortality than in Mexico. Mexico is a developing nation. The USA and Canada are First World nations.

The reason for the virus being "less severe" correlates (just as most are) to the economic wealth of the the people and nation in question. There are studies about this.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Good point there...though did you mean more deaths in Mexico instead of less? Sorry, just might be me am tired...end of day.

But as you pointed out, the patients that recieve some doctors care with premeditated treatment seem to stand a better chance of survival.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Swine flu: ministers should prevent schools from closing, Tory MP claims

A Tory MP has called on health ministers to prevent schools from closing when they have a case of swine flu to allow children to build up immunity against the virus.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Hmmm... "puz:
yumeihou: Canada found that the virus from Mexico could already have mutated into H3N2, and that's why it's more deadly than the H1N1 in US.
6 minutes ago from web
v
How common is swine flu among pigs?
joseph-madden.com...

What are signs of swine flu in pigs?
joseph-madden.com...

How does swine flu spread among pigs?
joseph-madden.com...

What other examples of swine flu outbreaks are there?
joseph-madden.com...

Confirmed flu cases in Kansas increase to 12
Last updated: 1:03 a.m. Friday, May 8, 2009
www.kansas.com...

Hanover Inn employee is positive for swine flu
thedartmouth.com...

State confirms first Yavapai County swine flu case
www.dcourier.com...

Feature: Globalisation: Catalyst for the spread of zoonotic diseases
Last Updated: Friday, 8 May 2009, 4:50 GMT
news.myjoyonline.com...

17 new A/H1N1 cases confirmed in Europe
Updated May 07, 2009 06:53 PM
www.philstar.com...

Mexico, other countries stay vigilant on possible flu rebound
news.xinhuanet.com...

Confirmed Ah1n1 virus in Manila
cheftonio.blogspot.com...

Most vulnerable populations must prepare for flu and other emergencies
www.news.ku.edu...

What Will The H1N1 Virus Do Next?
CBS Evening News: Scientists Are Racing To Understand The Virus' Inner Workings Before It Evolves Into A Deadlier Strain
www.cbsnews.com...

First H1N1 Swine Flu Fatality In Canada Reported Rumor Only At This Point
7 May, 2009, 10:56 pm
stoph1n1.com...

Brazil, Argentina confirm first cases of swine flu
Friday, May 8, 2009, 8:54
www.inditop.com...

Influenza A (H1N1) Swine Flu - Update Thirty
www.infonews.co.nz...

Hong Kong to Release 351 People as Swine-Flu Quarantine Ends
www.bloomberg.com...

[edit on 5/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Number quarantined for swine flu under 300
Last updated 16:40 08/05/2009
www.stuff.co.nz...

Three more cases of A/H1N1 flu confirmed in Oklahoma
health.mashget.com...

Brazil receives medical kits to diagnose A/H1N1 flu
health.mashget.com...

DOH: 17 tested, 13 negative for H1N1
www.abs-cbnnews.com...

jessnextdoor: Just today: Metropolitan Hospital in Manila was confirmed to have two marine patients positive with h1n1. wear masks and other precautions 5 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Origins of swine flu in N. America still elusive
www.usatoday.com...

Swine flu spreads across the Americas
08 May 2009 | 11:42:43 AM
www.sbs.com.au...

Chinese minister proposes int'l conference on A/H1N1 flu
news.xinhuanet.com...

[edit on 5/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

LOL nice avatar

Russia lifted a ban on five US states but added Illinois to its blacklist.

It's not our fault, really

Health Minister Jose Angel Cordova announced two more dead and 90 more cases, bringing the total to 44 dead among the 1,160 infected. But the number of cases peaked last week and was waning, he added.

Somehow i missed that two more people died in Mexico.

www.sbs.com.au...

top topics

<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join