It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
If this has been posted I apolgize, but look at what rumor I just found:

SWINE FLU NUMBERS

Guys, hello -- let's hope that what I'm about to tell you here is wrong... believe me, I would love to be fully 100% wrong about this. Some pretty bright people I know are now saying that the actual numbers in Mexico (of dead / swine flu) are 800-1200 people (I have no idea what their sources are, and I'd prefer to not believe this at all), but the crux of it is that if it is true, it would mean that one can generally assume that the numbers across the board are worse by (roughly) a factor of 10. The WHO has now called an emergency meet about this for the middle-of-the-night Friday-Night Saturday-morning meeting New York time, the UN may be involved by Sunday right there on our own border, seizing pigs and quarantining large areas -- on the Mexican side, at least -- if not our side, too. The concern by the WHO on this outbreak is very intense. Let's hope I'm fully wrong about this. But if you start to hear the infected-count go up this weekend on the news, it's reasonable to expect this to get substantially worse.

tickerforum.org...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Fort detrick is a biological weapons lab...but this stuff probably re-appeared on it's own.

Ain't nature grand?.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Great, I work in a hotel, certianly not the best place in the world to be if you want to distance one's self from travelers, oh, the general manager and his family of 7 just returned 2 weeks ago from a vacation, in Mexico, their son has been sick since they returned, he has been to the doc 4 times now, he got a flu shot the first visit. And we have workers from mexico here doing a temporary job to fix storm damage at a local paper mill, several of them just returned to the hotel after a week long trip to visit their families for Easter, and I have a sore throat, chills, and nausea, so does another co worker.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Fear weakens your immune response,never mind this internet chatter......

Going for a brisk run to blow your lungs out may help too,works for me,worked for my dog until he died of old age in his sleep,run,run,walk....OK
I always run,I'm Old,running is a good response when you are fearful,compliments the fight or flight response....

Don't be panickin though.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

uh,I would certainly head right on down to your local ER and explain the situation to them..No one will protect yourself better than yourself..

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

This isn't a "normal" strain of flu. Some went missing when it shouldn't have. Now people are sick with an "abnormal" flu. The right hand doesn't always know what the left hand is doing.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

i think it just kinda appeared out of nowhere. this is a new strain that has never been seen before right?

im sure we will get an influx of new information and numbers today. lets pray things arent getting considerably worse.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
No one worry, Anderson Cooper is on it...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

On 23 rd April 2009 the world began to become aware of a very strange new version of swine flu H1N1 in Mexico with limited cases in Texas and California. By the morning of the 24th of April, we began to hear that there were hundreds of sick and 20 or so dead. By late in the day, we have learned that over 1,000 are now reported ill and over 60 are reported dead. There are solid reasons to suspect that this new Mexican Swine Flu is NOT a naturally occurring event but instead is an Advanced Biological Warfare recombination DNA genetically engineered virus.

europebusines.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

www.nbcwashington.com...

The samples of Venezuelan Equine Encephalitis were discovered missing last year in an inventory of a group of samples left by a departing researcher.
The report that the vials were missing triggered the investigation, which found that the samples were likely among those destroyed when a freezer malfunctioned

i really dont think the two are linked but its funny we get a little scare before an even bigger one appears.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Gee Whiz,you guys really do come across as kinda freakin out,hey!.

Were ya really expecting to live forever?.

Not like you're gonna die now......

But I would bet you never gave it that much thought......

You have all the time in the world......

Until your world ends......

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by gourlay
There are solid reasons to suspect that this new Mexican Swine Flu is NOT a naturally occurring event but instead is an Advanced Biological Warfare recombination DNA genetically engineered virus.

europebusines.blogspot.com...

if this was a bio weapon who would have released it? the usa , china , or russia?

maybe a lone madmad is to blame. i couldnt see any government starting a biowar because the risk of it comming back to its own people is too great.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I am sure that they all had acees to a direct,or indirect culture of this virus.

But that does not indicate that this is such a virus or microbe.

These things do occur naturally.

Paranois makes a good mind seem "not so good"...

If this truly makes you fearful,just do what you can do to protect yourself.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Maybe it's like this: "Well they were destoyed because of a freezer malfunction so everyone is safe. No worries, move along".
"Wow all these people died because of this wierd flu!"
" Oh OK must be a natural mutation of three kinds of flu into one. Now I feel better!"

Freezer malfunction on a military base lab? Who built it? The same guys who bid the electrical jobs on the military camps in Iraq? That would make sense!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Wasn't the Spanish Flu of 1918 released on the internet a few years ago? Could be anyone could download it, print it, mess around with it, and if it's air born who could trace it back to anyone?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

they arent even the same thing or even close really but im no expert.
en.wikipedia.org...
that is what disappeared or was destroyed at fort dietricks.

this is what mexico city is now dealing with.
en.wikipedia.org...

i just found this and not sure if anyone has posted it.
www.prweb.com...
Biotechnology Company Provided Advance Warning of Mexican H1N1 "Swine Flu" Virus Outbreak

Replikins, Ltd. published a FluForecast® warning in April 7th, 2008, a year before the recent Mexico and California H1N1 cases. The company was able to state the likelihood of H1N1 outbreaks based on its patented Replikin Count™ genomics technology, which examines specific regions in virus genes which have been linked with past epidemics. The April 2008 announcement, attached below as published on the Web, stated that in H1N1 the company had then detected the highest concentrations of these specific regions ever seen, except for those from the 1918 pandemic which killed millions of people. Today, the company is actively pursuing licensing partnerships to apply its groundbreaking technology not only to early warning systems, but also to the development of synthetic vaccines to prevent or slow future epidemics. A synthetic H1N1 Replikins Vaccine is available for testing, and related products are described below and on the company's website.

i didnt have much time to read it over because i have to get ready for work.

have a good morning all or night. i guess it depends on where you live.
peace

[edit on 25-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Why does everyone need someone to blame?.

If it were naturally occurring,what can one do?.

If not,it will probably eliminate itself rather quickly.

If it doesn't dissipate quickly,what matter is it anyway?.

Fear is so dangeruos,don't let this infect your dreams.

Seriously,the only long term problem man has ever produced is his progeny,and plastic...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

Hey it's all entertainment. Remember "I Am Legend" or " The Happening" or the "The Andomeda Strain"? What is ATS if not a bunch of arm chair super sleuths?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
"A mystery illness is sweeping a suburban high school causing dozens of students and teachers to have flu-like symptoms. According to reports, a high school in Westchester County New York has left health inspectors baffled. They are trying to find out why and how to stop the recent virus that is making students violently ill.

According to WCBSTV, "One woman's daughter was one of the many students and faculty the bug has hit. The Health Department says it's the pesky nor virus, which causes nausea vomiting and diarrhea. It cannot be treated with antibiotics, so those made ill are advised to drink fluids, rest up and avoid contact with others. The school will also be reintroducing a lesson plan usually given to much younger students -- the importance of hygiene and hand-washing."

this is from the 18th of april link

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
"About 150 students were sent home from St. Francis Preparatory School in Queens on Thursday and Friday after developing flulike symptoms, officials said."

link

that's a lot sick kids in NY

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join