It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 103
<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Okay,watched the news.No mention of it at all on the six o'clock BBC news and the only mention of it on the local news was the fact that the children in one of the local schools have had six days off so the exam board for their GCSE's and A Levels should give them special dispensation.

Oh,and how a fluffy bunny and a little cute piglet are best friends....!

Unbelievable.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Canadians first to sequence swine flu virus
41 mins ago
news.yahoo.com...

npeacock: Swine Flu? That's old hat. The newest terror that preys upon hapless American suburbanites? CHINESE DRY WALL! is.gd... (expand) half a minute ago from twhirl

[edit on 5/6/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Morning all, wow, lots to catch up on. Mutating Swine, NWO pigs...
i'll get caught up in a few.

Pink eye was going around here in montana not long ago, usual to hear of so many cases at once. although no reports of anything major, quick doc visit and it was over in a week or so.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

I hear your Governor should be signing right now your new gun law.........I also heard in the grape vine out of Washington that if the Federal Government attempts to overrule this new state law that Montana will succeed from the union......Just little wispers out of Washington........

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Good day to you. I see you're in high form again today
great links as usual. Glad you got some rest

I think this bit of info from your last link is especially important.

Genetic sequencing of the virus done in Canada has ruled out a mutation to explain why the Mexican cases have been much more severe than elsewhere. "We are continuing our analysis, but essentially what it appears to suggest is that there is nothing at the genetic level that differentiates this virus that we've got from Mexico and those from Nova Scotia and Ontario," Plummer said.

Edit to add; They make no mention of samples from the US, does that mean that we didn't give them any, and if not why? If this thing is so bad, shouldn't we all be working on it together ?

[edit on 5/6/2009 by chise61]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Good morning to you

Yep there's a lot of catching up to do. Especially since they keep flip flopping all over the place

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Sorry, off topic i know, but what new gun law ??

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Good Day ! Morning, Noon or Night have no meaning to the Borg

Hard to say WHO's doing what these days, what with the NAU Flu and Gubbermint carp

Poland, Mielec: Minister of Health Confirms First Case of Influenza A(H1N1) In Poland; Recent Travel to the U.S. Noted #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

US, Virginia: State health officials confirm 11 total cases of influenza A (H1N1) statewide. #swineflu16 minutes ago from web

Area family's precautions against H1N1
www.fox11online.com...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Yep, off topic, but I think we all know all of this has the same core of evil......Well to keep it on topic here is a link.........

www.gather.com...

No flu cases in Montana..........I have never been there.......I like the way they think there......

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Nope...no Montana ...yet
but getting closer

US, Colorado: CDC confirms a total of 17 influenza A (H1N1) cases statewide. #swineflu #H1N13 minutes ago from web

Kendall County, Illinois, USA: 1 confirmed case, 1 probable. Source: Illinois Dept. of Health Date: 6 May 2009, 15:00 GMT2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Knox County, Illinois, USA: 1 confirmed case. Source: Illinois Dept. of Health Date: 6 May 2009, 15:00 GMT2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Lake County, Illinois, USA: 1 confirmed cases, 4 probable. Source: Illinois Dept. of Health Date: 6 May 2009, 15:00 GMT2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Boone County, Illinois, USA: 2 confirmed cases. Source: Illinois Dept. of Health Date: 6 May 2009, 15:00 GMT2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Putnam County, Indiana, USA: 1 confirmed case. Source: ABC WCPO Date: 5 May 2009, 20:40 GMT3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Parents speak out on H1N1 outbreak
www.chicagodefender.com...

CDC confirms H1N1 case involving military dependent
www.af.mil...

SADC on high alert following outbreak of influenza A/H1N1
news.xinhuanet.com...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

That's ok only night has meaning to the Chise

WHO is coordinating the global response to human cases of influenza A(H1N1) and monitoring the corresponding threat of an influenza pandemic.

Why they're coordinating of course

www.who.int...

@ Cloudsinthesky

You speak the truth
Thanks fro the link

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

There are two articles today in the news that contradict one another...
(We should be used to this by now)

One article says there is a differerce between the strains and one says there is not difference.

As usual, our mighty Hx3_1963 found both of them...what is really curious though is they can not both be true. (?)

From Reuters...
By Maggie Fox, Health and Science Editor

WASHINGTON, May 6 (Reuters) - A second strain of influenza, one of the seasonal strains, may have mutated and may be complicating the picture in Mexico, Canadian researchers reported on Wednesday.

They have found a strain of the H3N2 virus that appears to have made a shift and could have complicated the flu picture in Mexico, epicenter of an outbreak of a new strain of the H1N1 swine flu virus.

"In early March 2009, however, we detected additional differences from the vaccine strain among British Columbia viruses collected from facility outbreak settings." They only found these changes in flu samples taken from patients in care facilities.

www.alertnet.org...

Then the article that says there is no difference...

Swine flu is same strain in Canada and Mexico
www.cbc.ca...

Canadian scientists who sequenced Canadian and Mexican samples of the swine flu virus say it is the same strain, even though the virus seems to cause more severe symptoms in Mexico.

Scientists at Health Canada's National Microbiology Laboratory in Winnipeg genetically sequenced and compared samples of the H1N1 flu virus from Nova Scotia, Ontario and Mexico. It's the first time the sequence has been completed on samples from Mexico and Canada, said officials during a news conference in Ottawa Wednesday.

The results have ruled out a mutation to explain why the Mexican cases have been much more severe than elsewhere, said Dr. Frank Plummer, the chief science adviser of the national lab.

"Essentially, what it appears to suggest, is that there is nothing at the genetic level that differentiates this virus that we got from Mexico and those from Nova Scotia and Ontario, that explains apparent differences in disease severity between Mexico and Canada and the United States," said Plummer.

www.cbc.ca...

Coincidentally (or not) the first article is by Maggie Fox, the same journalist that penned the column back at the beginning of this thread...

FACTBOX-New flu strain is a genetic mix by Maggie Fox

It is genetically different from the fully human H1N1 seasonal influenza virus that has been circulating globally for the past few years. The new flu virus contains DNA typical to avian, swine and human viruses, including elements from European and Asian swine viruses.

www.alertnet.org...

and she also wrote the breaking news article from my very first thread on the swine flu...
Seven people in U.S. hit by strange new swine flu by Maggie Fox
www.alertnet.org...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hummm anyone ???

[edit on 6-5-2009 by burntheships]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

You speak the truth Thanks fro the link

You should expect nothing but the truth.........

On top of that DC does not like it.......

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
reply to post by chise61

Pink eye was going around here in montana not long ago, usual to hear of so many cases at once. although no reports of anything major, quick doc visit and it was over in a week or so.

Just for the record - the bats are dying in droves from a respiratory fungus and they are finding "pink eye" and respiratory issues in dead geese. This is affecting all living creatures - which should have us looking at other possibilities s as well as a "flu".
Fungal infections of the lung in cases.

THE BATS

The state's leading bat biologist updated area residents Tuesday on white-nose syndrome, a mysterious disease that is devastating bat populations in the Northeast and beyond, and his report was grim. Scott Darling, a bat biologist with the Vermont Fish and Wildlife Department, has been on the case since bats, exhibiting the white fungus for which the affliction was named, were first found in Vermont in Morris Cave in Danby on Jan. 21, 2008.

Since, signs of the syndrome have appeared all over Vermont, including the Aeolus Cave in Dorset, the largest hibernation site for bats in New England, and Darling, along with his research, has traveled the state trying to spread the word. On Tuesday, he told a crowd of about 50 at Hildene that things have gotten worse, not better, over the past year. "This week, there's a little less skip in my step," he said, "a little less hope." On March 16, scientists confirmed that the disease, first found in New York two years ago and, last year, in Vermont, Massachusetts and Connecticut, has spread to New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia and possibly Virginia. "Its spread is rapid," Darling said, especially since bats travel far during the summer months, interacting with a large number of others.

Bats usually stop hibernating in mid-April, but this year and last, Vermont residents have spotted bats much earlier, many dead or dying on the landscape. Darling said the scene in "Guano Hall," a section near the entrance of Aeolus Cave, has been disturbing. "This year, more so than last ... the cave floor of 'Guano Hall' is littered with dead bats," he said. Bats affected tend to hibernate in colder areas of caves, closer to the entrance. Darling estimated there were between 10,000 and 20,000 dead bats in Guano Hall on his most recent visit, which does not include the vast number of bats that have died outside the cave, possibly in search of food. "It's very difficult for people who work with bats," he said. Scientists believe a skin infection might be disrupting bat hibernation and, in turn, depleting their fat reserves.

The affliction has shown to have about a 90 percent mortality rate, and roughly 400,000 bats in Vermont are thought to be affected. In October, experts identified a new species of fungus, Geomyces genus, that might be linked to the syndrome. However, there is still no way to stop it from spreading and no one has figured out a cause. Darling said resident reports of winter bat sightings on www.vtfishandwildlife.com were helpful, but some extensive funding is also needed. "Bats couldn't have picked a worse time to go out looking for money to help their cause," he said. )

THE GEESE

The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife says about 60 dead Canada cackling geese have been recovered in recent days at Staats Lake in Keizer. Newspaper reports indicate large die-offs also occurred at the private lake in 2000, 2001, 2005 and 2007. ODFW migratory game bird coordinator Brad Bales says previous investigations linked bird fatalities to pesticide contamination and a fungal infection of the lungs. The lake itself has never been the culprit. Laboratory testing of the carcasses will be done at the National Wildlife Health Center in Madison, Wis. and results should be known within 10 days. The geese nest in western Alaska and come to the Willamette Valley during winter. They fly and roost in large flocks, often comprising several thousands of birds. )

ONE MILLION CHICKENS KILLED -
March 20, 2009 - Texas
www.kbtx.com...

Chicken farm after chicken farm in the Robertson County community of Hammond is being quarantined and everything on the farm, disinfected.

The chickens are gone. They were killed, after some of the Sanderson Farms birds tested positive for poultry virus laryngotracheitis.

County officials said over a million birds were destroyed; 10 families' livelihoods were interrupted.

However, those farms aren't the only ones with empty pens. The Fowler kids' 66 show chickens were also euthanized.

"I think it was today we were actually going to be showing them," said Jake Fowler.

They live a few miles north of the affected chicken houses.

"We had actually taken some birds to a friend for processing," said Sheila Fowler, Jake's mother. "She lives down the road from the Sanderson farm that outbroke."

Officials believe the virus may have traveled on a vehicle. Now the chickens and turkeys the Fowler kids worked so hard on, are gone.

"Every morning I was getting up at 6:15, had to go out there and change the water, feed 'em," said Jake Fowler.

The fowlers were scheduled to be in Houston this week. They've been showing at the Houston Livestock Show for years.

"Ever since 3rd grade," said Jake Fowler.

This would have been senior Jake Fowler's last year to show. He's made the top 20 the last 3 years. Missing this year's sale means missing out on on a yearly tradition, and some serious cash for his college fund.

"Well chickens, grand champions brings $30,000," said Sheila Fowler. "Reserve is $15,000 and if you're in the top 10, its $4,000."

"For him to be a senior and mainly for him to not get to show, was very sad," said Sheila Fowler.

While Jake showed his last bird, his younger siblings can try again next year.

As for the farms, after they're disinfected, it will be another three weeks before Texas Animal Health Commission clears them to start raising chickens again.

State officials said the virus does not affect the chicken meat, and that most of the birds had already been processed.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm just saying.
Petri dish y'all. Petri dish.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Well you know....there is a book called Revelations that has been around for sometime........Not that I am making any religious statement here.....but it is worth mentioning......

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

I hear your Governor should be signing right now your new gun law.........I also heard in the grape vine out of Washington that if the Federal Government attempts to overrule this new state law that Montana will succeed from the union......Just little wispers out of Washington........

Already signed it, its now officaly Law. That is the rumor i was getting as well. Succession would be a HUGE step, i hope they are ready for it. But i'm sure there are enough here that would support it, you can do a lot to the people from montana, but try to take away our guns, and its go time. *lol*. Honestly so many here reli on the guns for food. Hunting is not a hobby or sport here (well except for the few horn hunters) Most hunt for food for the year. Restricting guns any more would get a huge support for the state to go its seperate ways.

Back on topic:

So whats the odds that all the birds we saw dying last fall and this spring, were related to this 'swine' flu going around? I remember seeing a LOT of articles about birds dying and washing up and no one knowing why, mysterious virus, or respitory problem...
So if that is the case then it was around before then, just not spread to people.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by severdsoul]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

Well you know....there is a book called Revelations that has been around for sometime........Not that I am making any religious statement here.....but it is worth mentioning......

I know about revelations. I think we WILL make it through this though.
: )

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

They're trying to keep us confused. If they can keep us guessing and going back and forth less chance we'll find out what the truth really is, and more chance for them to slip things right under our noses

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61

Hi, very good info, could you please provide a link for that ?

Sure - here's a link.
www.rumormillnews.com...
I have seen Gwen speak. And - I have followed many of her suggestions with great result. I would add caprylic acid to the list.
It comes in capsules - and naturally through coconut oil.
Keeps the respiratory mucus in check.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Originally posted by Cameoii
I hate doing this. I have some friend of a friend information for you guys. I know a few days ago we heard that the Army was going to be deployed domestically on Wednesday. I spoke to my husband about this and it prompted a call to his sister in the Army. We don't have a confirmation from her, but, he just called from work to tell me a very similar story from a coworker. The coworker's niece is in the Army and called him last night. I'm going to try to put it in conversation form for you guys, so you can make up your own mind.

(niece)It looks like I'll be seeing you in a few days.
(coworker)Are you getting some leave time?
(niece)No [pause] Deployment.
(coworker)Deployed? Where?
(niece)[pause] Near home.
(coworker)Why would you be deployed to Texas?
(niece)Not just me, my whole unit.

I have absolutely no proof that this conversation ever happened. I can only say that this is what my husband told me. He was alarmed enough by the simillarities to call me from work. If anyone has information backing this up, please post.

Hopefully we can get an update on this post..........

new topics

top topics

<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join