It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 101
<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
New Article popped up on NPR...worth reading definitely!

New Strain May Edge Out Seasonal Flu Bugs

The new swine flu virus is not merely a case of the usual gradual evolution. The big change scientists have seen with this strain is called a "shift."

The most infamous shift was the virus that appeared in 1917 and caused the deadly flu pandemic of 1918. That virus then became the dominant variety of flu for several decades. Then in 1957, it was displaced by another shift virus.......

...........Even though health officials are calling this new virus H1N1, that's also the type of virus that's in wide circulation today. And it has an interesting history. It was the dominant flu virus through the 1920s, '30s and '40s. Oxford says it disappeared in 1957, when it was displaced by another flu virus. But then a strain of H1N1 suddenly reappeared in 1977.

"Now where could it have come from?" he asks. "We reckon now, in retrospect, it was probably released accidentally from a laboratory, probably in northern China or just across the border in Russia, because everyone was experimenting with those viruses at the time in the lab."

www.npr.org...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
@ Chevalerous: Ecoparity on the other thread stated a lot of false readings were happening...

Sweden confirms first case of H1N1 flu
uk.reuters.com...

Five Swedes tested for swine flu
Published: 27 Apr 09 15:53 CET
www.thelocal.se...

US, Utah: CDC confirms second influenza A (H1N1) case statewide; identified in a Weber County resident who traveled to Mexico #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

[edit on 5/6/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by saratoga123

Absolutly no mention of swine flu or any other illness in our local news,so hey, it must all be over and I am worrying about nothing!!!

There's no mention of it in my local news either, but yet our number of confirmed cases has dramatically risen since yesterday. They're just trying to downplay it right now

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Here it comes...
switch to what? Hmmm...

WHO to weigh flu vaccine switch next week r.reuters.com... minutes ago from Reuters.com

US reports 642 new H1N1 flu cases r.reuters.com... minutes ago from Reuters.com

Add a Gene Here, Swap a Gene There: That'll Keep 'Em Guessing
www.genomeweb.com...

Mexicans quarantined for flu flown home from China r.reuters.com... minutes ago from Reuters.com

Linda_Kay: @GOOP_NY re your swine flu comment: other than the God punishing comment, I agree completely.
less than a minute ago from web

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

On the face of it the US seems to be suffering more than the U.K ,but the British media do seem to be completly ignoring it and if I did'nt come on here I really would not know what was going on.

I received this response from the hospital,just so you know there was no hand gels at "the point of care" either!!!

Thank you for your e mail concerning the provision of hand gels. These were removed from the main entrances as it was thought that it would be more beneficial to use them at the point of care, where hand gels are freely available. I have forwarded your e mail to the Infection Control dept. and asked them to respond to you.

Best wishes

Lynne
Patient Advice & Liaison Service
Royal Cornwall Hospital
Truro, Cornwall
TR1 3LJ

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
matthew_ryan: Illinois Department of Health press releases on H1N1: 5/4 - 9 cases. 5/5 - 82 cases. 5/6 - 225 cases. IDPH saying that testing takes time.
half a minute ago from web

NY Times Flu Visual...nice...

www.nytimes.com...

Flu virus kills Texan, European cases reach Sweden
Wed May 6, 2009 11:54am EDT
www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Posted this on "the other swine flu" thread but thought it might be usefull to put it up here aswell....

What seems strange is that the news about this virus has died over here in Holland a couple of days ago but news radio over here is reporting on something called "Q-fever".....

Q-Fever

I never heard of it before but according to the media this has been an issue for about a year now and finds it's origin in goats. It's transmittable to humans and you could get a severe pnumonia...???

Apparently this has been spreading since last year (we were never noticed or heard anything about this) and they say they are trying everything to control it.

All of a sudden 200 cases have been reported so far this year and nobody has died of it yet......

I believe this is all BS and they are making up stories to prepare us for something coming or they are fearing that after this swineflu has hit you this fever could do a lot more damage then it originally had.....

Man....this world is changing fast!!!

Peace

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by saratoga123

Wow the media over there is doing a complete "sanitizing" then?
Figures...try to keep the masses pacified with the "news" that is hand picked. If that is the case...for sure we know they are hiding facts for a reason!

Love the fact that you e-mailed the hospital about the sanitzers! Good Work!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Obama Administration Might Recommend Three Flu Shots for Americans This Fall
Two would be aimed at the swine flu circulating the globe.
www.healthfinder.gov...

6News: State Dept. of Health reports 2 confirmed cases of the H1N1 virus in Tenn. and 20 probable cases
1 minute ago from Seesmic Desktop

UK, England: Four New Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Confirmed; Total Case Count Rises to 32 in the UK #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

L.A. Unified's first swine flu case reported at Fairfax High
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

joker2892: swine flu?...or a ZOMBIE OUTBREAK!!!??
half a minute ago from web

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm really suspcious about this q-fever we've got going on here

The incubation period is 9-40 days. It can be considered the most infectious disease in the world, as a human being can be infected by a single bacterium.

C. burnetii is highly infectious; a single bacterium may cause disease in a susceptible person. It can become airborne and inhaled by humans, making it a potential bioterrorist threat.

Hopefully nobody will get the smart idea to put H1N1 or H5N1 and Coxiella burnetii strain RSA 493 together.....or....

have they already done this???

Hmmm, don't know. Just thought it was weird all of a sudden they mentioned it all day on all the dutch radio channels but it's been around for some time.....

Peace

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Well if they haven't done it on purpose...mother nature might...

I have a "feeling" a few things will combine or already have

Newly revised guidance on school (K-12) dismissal and childcare facilities: bitly.com... #swineflu #H1N14 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Yes,definately hand picked, all happy bouncy stories.I will watch the six o'clock news soon but more often than not it is exactly the same stories they have dished out at lunchtime.

I do look at their websites sometimes ,but my point is most people don't and rely on what they see on T.V.

They sanitize everything apart from the hospitals..........!

[edit on 6-5-2009 by saratoga123]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Follow-up on earlier tweet

Second strain of flu may complicate picture-study
www.alertnet.org...

06 May 2009 15:02:09 GMT
Source: Reuters
* Mutations seen in seasonal flu strain

* May have caused Canadian late-season outbreak

* May complicate picture in Mexico

By Maggie Fox, Health and Science Editor

WASHINGTON, May 6 (Reuters) - A second strain of influenza, one of the seasonal strains, may have mutated and may be complicating the picture in Mexico, Canadian researchers reported on Wednesday.

They have found a strain of the H3N2 virus that appears to have made a shift and could have complicated the flu picture in Mexico, epicenter of an outbreak of a new strain of the H1N1 swine flu virus.
More at Link...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
@ Chevalerous: Ecoparity on the other thread stated a lot of false readings were happening...

Yeah! I suspect this is the case here - a lot of false readings!

Since this was the first case in Sweden, they took this serious with additional extra time in the labs to be on the safe side to know for sure!

But I don't think that each of the tests in the USA gets the same extra special treatment as in Sweden! - it's too many tests from much more people to deal with!

That is understandable but never the less maybe a little bit irresponsable?

If this is the case, people could think it's just the regular flu and that they are free from the virus, but are then spreading the virus unknowingly?

Maybe they want the virus to spread? - NWO vaccine for all!

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Obama Administration Might Recommend Three Flu Shots for Americans This Fall
Two would be aimed at the swine flu circulating the globe.
www.healthfinder.gov...

Talk about a red herring! What in the world? I have only glanced at that artilce; I was wondering why all the reporting on "CDC taking a chance on a vaccine" carp!

Lies, upon lies upon lies!

Hx3_1963 Star for You!

As I have questioned before; who gets flu shots? Mostly the elderly, and perhaps some health care workers, and a small population of paranoid uninformed aduts! I still maintain that children are not routinely vaccinated for the flu. This is really starting to smell like the United Nations, which contols WHO!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by saratoga123
reply to post by burntheships

They sanitize everything apart from the hospitals..........!

Exactly! You read my mind...was thinking the same thing! Good punch line!

Along the lines of my last post...calling foul on the Obama Administration for allowing publishing of carp about "three flu vaccines for everyone"
I read htis article this moring also.

Drug Company Money is Top Factor in Publication of Vaccine Studies
Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Flu vaccine studies that are funded by industry are significantly more likely to be published in prestigious journals and to later be cited in the scientific literature than studies without such funding, according to a survey of 274 studies conducted by researchers from the Cochrane Vaccine Field in Italy, and published in the British Medical Journal.

A good methodology, in contrast, had little impact on such factors. The study also found few studies providing good evidence that the flu vaccine is actually effective.

www.naturalnews.com...

Think Baxter here everyone! TPTB play us for fools!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Maybe they want the virus to spread? - NWO vaccine for all!

Exactly! I am pretty much convinced at this point that is what TPTB aka known as WHO run by the United Nations end game is!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Chiapas, Mexico: 3 confirmed dead (approximately). Source: El Universal, [

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Schools Are Safe!! Send Your Kids To School!! Don't Worry......We Know What Is Best!!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well the local news makes no mention of the flu yet today, but our number of confirmed went up again today. New number of confirmed cases 225 in Illinois and 93 in Chicago

www.idph.state.il.us...

Other local news, Man suspected in 30 robberies shot and killed by Chicago police this morning. The last i heard at 8 this morning they still had a manhunt going for the other suspect in a country club golf course.

www.chicagotribune.com...

Here's something interesting about Baxter.

www.chicagotribune.com...

*Personal update, granddaughter woke up this morning with pink eye
I don't know what's going on, but she seems to have an awful lot goin on in that little body right now
still waiting for the doc to call me back.*

new topics

top topics

<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join