It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 100
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

You must be thinking of the same woman. The C-section delivery was posted about this morning on CNN.

The woman, who was eight months pregnant, was placed on life support. She gave birth to a healthy girl via Caesarean section and died earlier this week.

CNN

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Good Find, Hx3!

The most important part of that article to me:

"The limited sampling so far gives rise to considerable uncertainty in the estimate," cautions Rambaut. But if the rate at which genes mutate is about the same for this virus as for other H1N1 viruses, the number of mutations that have accumulated so far suggests it has been circulating since January – or even September 2008.

Genetic Analysis of H1N1

This shows us that mutations are already happening and that we were correct in thinking that this may be the same illness many of us have experienced as early as last year.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
It's a double edged sword that we all sleep at different times: We get coverage on this thread pretty much around the clock, but then there are times when you feel like you're talking to yourself!

Anyway....more local stories:

AUSTIN -- The Texas Department of State Health Services said there are now 61 confirmed cases of swine flu in the state, with 60 of them Texas residents.
Texas confirmed cases

"We're hoping to add some value to those by running some more advanced technology to look at the genetics of the samples, as well as try to get the virus out and work with it in the lab," UTMB professor Dr. Tom Ksiazek said.
H1N1 flown to UTMB Galveston

Back Door:

Rep. John Culberson, R-Houston, called diminished public support for gun control measures “a good thing.” He said the recent poll findings would help lawmakers “resist pressure from this administration to pass more gun control legislation.”
Support waning for new gun control laws

When the TARP was first introduced, banks such as Sterling saw it as a good way to raise capital when the public markets had largely frozen. But changes in the program and constant rule tinkering by Congress left many bankers wishing they had passed.
Texas bankers repay bailout money

The international Red Cross confirmed "dozens of bodies" on Wednesday in graves and rubble where Afghan officials alleged U.S. bombs killed civilians, and the Afghan president said his first meeting with President Barack Obama would focus on the issue.
Many Afghans dead after US bombings

Russia is expelling two Moscow-based NATO employees who are Canadian diplomats in retaliation for NATO's recent expulsion of two Russian envoys from its headquarters, the Foreign Ministry said Wednesday.
Russians, angered over spy scandal, expells Canadians

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Well just arived here at work and the info flowing in on this thread seems like the media......."silence".........I think people (ATS) feel all is well.........and I really hope so..........but the information that I am getting from my sources tells a different story........much different......This is way bigger than just the flu as if that's not big enough.............I will keep posting what I hear anyway for those of us who have that knot in our stomach.........The two apachie helicopters stayed overnight at our local airport.........No one knows why they where buzzing around yesterday.....

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Yes please keep posting here what you find! There are still lots of folks following this thread, with, as you said "knots in thier stomachs!"

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Good Morning All !

@ Cam: Thanks, this does indeed confirm this has been around longer than we're being told
and I know the "singular" conversations well
even though Borg are "supposed" to have a "hive mind"

Time for a slew of updates, continuing from sign off...

Seems it was a good sign off time...kinda slow

Sweden says a woman, who recently visited the United States, has tested positive for swine flu; the first case in the country.about 1 hour ago from web

Mexico: Health Ministry confirms 56 Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1); Total Number of Confirmed Cases Reaches 942; Fatal Cases at 29.19 minutes ago from web

US, San Diego: One Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) on Navy Ship USS Dubuque, Deployment Canceled.#swineflu #H1N1about 8 hours ago from web

Missouri: Four New Confirmed Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified; Six Total Confirmed Cases Statewide: Date: May 06, 2009 02:58 UT..about 7 hours ago from twitterfeed

[WHO] Influenza A(H1N1) - update 17: As of 06:00 GMT, 6 May 2009, 22 countries have officially reported 151.. /d7c2twabout 3 hours ago from twitterfeed

Swine flu worry puts Pacquiao return on hold - CNN International: Sky NewsSwine flu worry puts Pacquiao return o.. /chdphb36 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Santa Clara County health official: Schools shuttered by swine flu... - San Jose Mercury News: Santa Clara Count.. /cr9y2cabout 8 hours ago from twitterfeed

Swine Flu Swine Flu Kills US Resident as Pandemic Nears - Bloomberg: ABC NewsSwine Flu Kills US Residen.. /dcpxmnabout 2 hours ago from twitterfeed

Swine Flu Swine flu cases up in Alberta - Edmonton Sun: Straits TimesSwine flu cases up in AlbertaEdmon.. /d3y2xcabout 2 hours ago from twitterfeed

Swine Flu Ontario swine flu toll rises to 36 as five new cases confirmed - Toronto Star: CTV.caOntario .. /ccjrn2about 2 hours ago from twitterfeed

Swine Flu China defends Canadians' swine flu quarantine - Toronto Star: CTV.caChina defends Canadia.. /ccec58about 2 hours ago from twitterfeed

Swine Flu Hard lessons of SARS crisis explain China's tough action - Toronto Star: Telegraph.co.ukH.. /dgg9vaabout 4 hours ago from twitterfeed

Swine Flu Farmers find relief from 'perception issue' of swine flu virus - Globe and Mail: TIME.. /ckaduaabout 4 hours ago from twitterfeed

Swine Flu Flyer: Clean Hands Save Lives!: Handwashing flyer formatted for printing and distribution /cv8jxpabout 6 hours ago from twitterfeed

Swine Flu Transcript and Audio for May 1 CDC Clinician Conference Call on Maternal and Child Health Iss.. /dkfmcdabout 6 hours ago from twitterfeed

Swine Flu What Adults with HIV Infection Should Know About the Novel H1N1 Flu (formerly called swine fl.. /dex4u2about 6 hours ago from twitterfeed

Swine Flu Audio and Transcript for May 5 CDC Press Briefing: CDC Briefing on Public Health Investigatio.. /dyjgomabout 6 hours ago from twitterfeed

Swine Flu What to Do If You Get Flu-Like Symptoms: The novel H1N1 flu virus is causing illness in infec.. /djzc2fabout 6 hours ago from twitterfeed

Swine Flu Swine flu: Tourists, employees, quarantined at Hong Kong's ... - Los Angeles Times: ABC N.. /c5gvgfabout 8 hours ago from twitterfeed

[edit on 5/6/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Pandemic Preparedness
www.internationalsos.com...

Another Post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
(per operation mindcrime)
(per BetweenMyths)
(per ecoparity)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I started of believing that this was just an inevitable act of nature, but since then, the story seems to have grown tenticles. So count me in as one of those with a knotty stomache. I also agree with you that there seems to be a lack of interest bordering on insanity with some of the genpop. Sometimes, when I read comments from newspaper articles online, I could almost believe that there are people being paid to convince others that worrying about this is stupid. It's like they have an agenda to make this all go away.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
chitz26: CEBU,Philippines -Three persons are currently quarantined in Cebu for possibly being infected with the swine flu or influenza A(H1N1)virus
3 minutes ago from web

Minuteman Regional announces a confirmed case of H1N1 (Swine Flu)
www.wickedlocal.com...

WHO casts wary eye on meat, blood of H1N1-infected pigs
www.reuters.com...

Cooking Up Millions of Viruses for a New Vaccine
www.timesdaily.com...

Swine Flu Reaches Portugal
algarveandaze.blogspot.com...

KrisKetz: MEXICO CITY (AP) - Health officials say test results raise swine flu death toll to 42 in Mexico.
less than 10 seconds ago from web

Government names swine flu 'tsar'
news.bbc.co.uk...

Another Post:
(per Burred_Dawg)
(per DEM0N)

davidcrow83: Japan going swine flu mad. Just been asked if I'd had "intimate contact with a pig" recently half a minute ago from TweetDeck

sackofmindblow: My mother is getting her second mammogram this week. Apparently everyone is wearing gas masks because H1N1 is now related to the ti#. Logic. 2 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Woman suspected to have died from swine flu ID'd
www.cnn.com...

Swine Flu Mexicans arrive home to country emerging from flu - The Associated Press: CBS NewsMexicans ar.. /dxje5c3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Swine Flu Mexico begins return to normalcy as swine flu shutdown ends - CBC.ca: National GeographicMexi.. /d24g6m3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

France: Total of 5 Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Registered Nationwide. #swineflu #H1N13 minutes ago from web

France, Ile-de-France: Institut de Veille Sanitaire Confirms Influenza A (H1N1) in a 23-Year-Old Recently Back From Mexico. #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

Back Door:
Layoffs in April surge 47% from last year --report
&siteid=nbsh]marketwatch

More than one in five homeowners underwater: Zillow
www.reuters.com...

Fed's Stern: U.S. must tackle too-big-to-fail firms
www.reuters.com...

BofA and Citi need capital as stress tests results loom
www.reuters.com...

Reuters: Czech upper house approves the European Union's Lisbon treaty.5 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
Well while being the comprehensive reader's you guys are and have been all along. You where given your answer in the article about the lady; as to why this has got them so scared...
THE SECOND INCUBATION PERIOD....this my love's is what is killing people. It makes it possible for a mass of various infections etc to take up residence in a very short time. From what I have been studying the flu on it's own when you first get it isn't "that" bad it is what you get a few weeks later that is reaking hell on their minds now.
The first serious outbreak started in Mexico in late Jan all the way through Feb it wasn't until March that they started to see people start to die.
Now mind you the first town had 3,000 people and 60% of them caught it with only 3 deaths of infant's that where later ruled to be from something else of course.
Now when it got into Mexico city it went ballistic and something must have changed because the people in the city started to die where as the people in the village didn't.From the original reports that wheren't scrubbed when the first death happened they had 1,000 people in the hospital on ventalator's etc. They said "HALF" recovered.
Now here we are month later and the people in the village are again getting some illness that is like the first only harder. Guess who changed the rules? Y
ou aren't going to hear squat about this till they have measure's in place to keep people under control and even then due to the exisiting data we have another 2 weeks or so before we start to hear of any large numbers of death if at all.
If the virus hasn't changed they will most likely just keep it quiet. If it has gotten worse they will have no choice but to let it out of the bag. They really do want people to build up immunities to it , the only problem is that most people are getting a second period of infection a few week's later. Kinda a catch 22 either you live through the second phase of it and get immunities or you die.

XOXO makes a very good point in her post......."You aren't going to hear squat about this till they have measure's in place". Now lets look at what we know and what we see in the media via government...........You see in all kinds of media "School Closings No Longer Advised For Swine Flu".........The first priority of any family is there kids..........If the media/gov tells everyone all is well keep kids in school this flu becomes a second thought.............With no panic the government can position itself for what ever measures are to come.........Military and Fema will be my focus.......

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I just happened on an article while looking for something else. This company not only predicted this exact outbreak a year ago, but they also have a virus ready now for testing.

The same proprietary technology, based on genomic Replikin Count(TM), which permitted one year of advance warning that H5N1 with higher human lethality would strike in 2007, and that H1N1 would strike this year, has been used to manufacture synthetic conserved Replikin vaccines against both these influenza strains, Replikins H5N1 Bird Flu Vaccine(TM) and Replikins H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccine(TM), as well as a Replikins PanFlu Vaccine(TM).

First H1N1 Vaccine

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Flu virus kills Texan, European cases rise
9:33am EDT
www.reuters.com...

Swine Flu Kills First U.S. Resident as Schools Reopen, WHO Pandemic Nears
www.bloomberg.com...

tetonwyo_em: Getting ready for our weekly H1N1 meeting with Pub. Health, Airport, Sheriff, Police, Fire/EMS, St John's Hosp., GTNP, Red Cross, & others.
less than 20 seconds ago from web

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Great find

Evil is lurking around us in a way I don't even think our minds can understand........

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Colo. inmate visits halted amid swine flu fears
www.linkati.com...

Swine flu origins mysterious in 'genetic arms race'
www.cnn.com...

Tokyo Hospitals Refuse Patients Suspected of Having Swine Flu, Kyodo Says
www.bloomberg.com...

Glastonbury festival may be cancelled if swine flu spreads
www.guardian.co.uk...

Ile-de-France: Institut de Veille Sanitaire Confirms One New Influenza A (H1N1) Case; Nationwide Tally Increases to Five: Date: May 0..16 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Ridgefield: One New Probable Influenza A (H1N1) Case Under Investigation: Date: May 06, 2009 13:20 UTC Risk: Medium The Day, a local ..16 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Sweden: Swedish Institute For Infectious Disease Confirms that Woman "In her Fifties" Tests Positive For Influenza A (H1N1).: Date: M..16 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Pawcatuck: One New Probable Influenza A (H1N1) Case Under Investigation: Date: May 06, 2009 13:17 UTC Risk: Medium The Day, a local m..16 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Hartford: One New Probable Influenza A (H1N1) Case Under Investigation: Date: May 06, 2009 13:15 UTC Risk: Medium The Day, a local me..16 minutes ago from twitterfeed

2 more Ohio flu cases confirmed
www.dispatch.com...

cheongsm8: am worried about my trip to london and europe due to the swine flu... half a minute ago from web

Lyne_Robichaud: RT @chucksimmins #swineflu #h1n1 US case count up 45% from yesterday. Labs catching up. Illinois leaps into second place.
less than 20 seconds ago from web

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
How severe will the flu outbreak be?
Epidemiologists race to pin numbers on the global H1N1 spread.
www.nature.com...

Philippines urges concerted efforts in fight against H1N1 flu
www.channelnewsasia.com...

Caravan park bans washing lines because of 'health and safety hazard'
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Holiday park staff have banned campers from putting up washing lines to dry their towels and clothes because they are a "health and safety hazard"

Mexico is reporting the most fatalities. Not known if swine flu vaccine will be one or two shots.5 minutes ago from TweetDeck

As of one hour ago, official figures: cases confirmed in 23 countries; 1,658 cases. 2 minutes ago from TweetDeck

France, Canada, New Zealand and Spain, Sweden, UK confirmed new cases.1 minute ago from TweetDeck

Mexico: 165 Additional Cases and 13 Additional Fatal Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Increases to 1,112 Cases and 42 Deaths 2 minutes ago from web

Mexico swine flu death toll jumps to 42
www.reuters.com...

seriousmny: ERs packed with parents scared with sick kids checking for swine flu. Amazing how coughs and sniffles are not seen the same right now.
half a minute ago from web

gardengnome1: I would have loved to be in the Winnipeg lab when the H1N1 sequencing was done! Way to go guys! Great job in less that a week!
less than 20 seconds ago from twitterrific

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Picking up steam still

US, Massachusetts: Amherst College officials report a third student confirmed with influenza A (H1N1); State total reaches 35. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu)
(As of May 6, 2009, 11:00 AM ET)

www.cdc.gov...

gardengnome1: sequencing of H1N1 virus done in Winnipeg rules out mutation to explain differences in severity b/n Canadian & Mexican cases
1 minute ago from twitterrific

10 Genes, Furiously Evolving
www.nytimes.com...

WSILNews: SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) - Illinois health officials are reporting 225 confirmed cases of swine flu.
less than 10 seconds ago from web

US, New Hampshire: Second Concord hospital employee confirmed with influenza A (H1N1); employee worked while contagious. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

Second strain of flu may complicate picture: study
www.reuters.com...

Closing in on the magic 50 number

Daily update (5/6/09): Total cases of novel H1N1 flu in US = 642 , states affected = 41: bitly.com... #swineflu #h1n14 minutes ago from web

The Caller-Times: Health officials say suspected swine flu cases in Nueces County, TX rises to 677. Only 1 case is currently confirmed. 2 minutes ago from web

That Texas count is up about 100 in just 24 hours... a lot.3 minutes ago from TweetDeck

coollittleme: Why is this stupid swine flu around now? I have a cold and am going to Brazil on Monday, they'll probably quarantine me.
half a minute ago from web

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
33 swine flu cases now confirmed in Del.
delawareonline.com

US, Wisconsin: State health officials confirm sixth case of influenza A (H1N1); identified in Brown County. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

About the now confirmed case in sweden?

www.alertnet.org...

I heard about this case last week and they (MSM) later said the tests came out negative.

(She went ill when she came home from a trip to Chicago.)

The woman has now thankfully recovered from the flu which turned out to be mild and she's fine but...

Now they say on the radio news, they took the first negative tests to a lab and made it grow there and...Voilà! the test is now positive for swine-flu H1N1.

Apparently when the first test was made it had too low concentration of the virus to show a positive, to be on the safe side to know weather she had the virus or not - they now say that they needed to make it grow in a special lab and new tests that were made of it turned out to be positive?

Could this mean that a lot of tests taken from people through nasal swabs etc, that turned out to be negative when the tests were taken - now could be wrong and are unreliable?

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hidalgo: First Fatal Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed: Date: May 06, 2009 15:16 UTC Risk: Medium Multiple national and internatio..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

San Luis Potosí: First Three Fatal Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed: Date: May 06, 2009 15:10 UTC Risk: Medium Multiple national..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Mexico City: Nine Additional Fatal Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Reaches 29 Confirmed Deaths: Date: May 06, 2009 14:59..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Baja California: Five New Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; Cumulative Total Reaches 18 Cases Statewide: Date: May 06, 200..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Bungoma: Health Officials Diagnose Three Cholera Cases: Date: May 06, 2009 14:59 UTC Risk: Low The Kenyan source, The Standard, cites..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

new topics

top topics

<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join