It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon walk astronaut, warns disclosure essential to survival of human race

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Marklar

I agree that we are living in different times, 50 or 60 plus years; is a long time.

But I think you are only putting into account those like yourself, me, and many others open to the idea of extraterrestrials. There are those who are strongly opposed to the idea -- let alone the reality itself.

I always say to my friends when we talk about this; imagine all the people who have such unbreakable strong religious belief systems, whether it involves God, Jesus, Mohammad, Allah, Jehova, etc... And how they would all react to news like this. Not too certain that 'everyone' are fully-prepared.

Regards,

IC

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
see we are talking about this on ATS, ATS is a great website but still no one i know would visit here regular. Because there minds cant deal with such conversations.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I think I understand very well why Edgar Mitchell comes out with this stuff periodically. He is an author. He sells books. By becoming the "ET Guy", he brings more exposure to his books. It's just like on C2C, most of them people are just hawking books.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Ok, for those of you who are asserting that the moon landings were fake. Do you have any valid evidence of it? Have I missed the "smoking gun?" So far all theories supporting this moon landing hoax that I have read in the forums here have been debunked, and I mean truly debunked with valid arguments and evidence and not by a bunch of pseudo-skepticism, bravado assertions and related tactics. The Retroreflectors on the Moon are one example of evidence that we setup and left articles on the moon.

If there is something that is considered proof that we didn't land on the moon please point me to the proper source(s). I would like to evaluate it. Sorry I'm not going to accept an assertion as evidence, either pro or con for any claim of proof. Examples of what I deem debunked, the Mythbusters episode about parallel shadows and the illuminated astronaut in the shadow. Also, the duplicate rocks in the stitched panorama photos. Anyone have anything of interest that hasn't been shot down? If not, then please leave it out of this topic.

Another thought, 911 is fishy, but attempting to link that and the moon landings is akin to adding apples and cow and trying to get the result of potato.

reply to post by DataWraith

You make some very good points. Good points in other posts as well.

reply to post by Burginthorn

Personally I am drawing an inference that he did see at least one alien; or at least has it on authority from a source that he considers as providing empirical proof that they are here. At least this is the impression I get from the cumulation of his statements.

reply to post by Badgered1

I have had similar ideas on this. I consider it possible that if they have been observing and interacting with us that they have recorded all the dirty deeds that haven't been released to the general public. Perhaps they even have easy access to something like the Akashic Records. Perhaps the aliens have a different outlook on freedom of information. I'm sure a lot of politicians would be concerned about the public getting access to their personal file. There are lots of other possibilities to indicate that disclosure is a very tricky, sticky and complicated thing to pull off.

reply to post by Melyanna Tengwesta

I assumed from the article that he meant the survival of everyone on Earth.

reply to post by InternalClock

The religious aspect to disclosure potentially could turn out very badly. Many religions teach people that anything that exhibits human like intelligence is either a demon or a djinn (genie) and must be evil. Even as a young child I found this idea to be arrogant and silly, but I have had arguments with Christians before about this issue and they were convinced that alien=demon, yikes!

[edit on 25-4-2009 by AlienMike]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

that a rhetorical question?
or can you seriously.. not come up with any reasons why alien contact would help our species survive?

I'm being serious here.. you can't figure out that advanced technology and free energy and non-carbon emitting transportation systems could aid in the recovery of a global economic down-spiral?

hey call me crazy but i think it might help us survive..

what about you? still puzzled?

-

Well I wasn't asserting or denying anything with that question. I did expect responses that I am genuinely interested in reading the resultant opinion and perhaps hopefully even some knowledge related to it. So “rhetorical question” doesn't accurately define it. Did I perhaps have my own ideas about the answer to my question before asking it? You bet; perhaps even a bit of agenda with a few expected results.
My agenda, I used a wee bit of sensationalism to bring attention to this topic.

Honestly I am a bit offended at your assumption (or was it an assertion?) that I was unable to come to the conclusions that you mention, I simply didn't offer them. Even though the release of that information would help us out immensely, is it truly essential to our survival, is there no possibility that we can figure out how to stop destroying our home planet by ourselves with some intra-planetary cooperation, education and maybe a bit of luck? Is there maybe something else that our astronaut is referring to? I'm assuming that someone could take it that he meant we need to prepare for the coming invasion (not the way I evaluate it but I could see someone taking it that way.)

So was your question “still puzzled?” rhetorical? Were you having a bad day or did I do something to offend you, because your post really came across as an attack on my intelligence and/or motives.

I choose to refrain from slinging any "mud" back your way. Take care...Michael

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienMike

or can you seriously.. not come up with any reasons why alien contact would help our species survive?

I'm being serious here.. you can't figure out that advanced technology and free energy and non-carbon emitting transportation systems could aid in the recovery of a global economic down-spiral?

-

Well I wasn't asserting or denying anything with that question. I did expect responses that I am genuinely interested in reading the resultant opinion and perhaps hopefully even some knowledge related to it. So “rhetorical question” doesn't accurately define it. Did I perhaps have my own ideas about the answer to my question before asking it? You bet; perhaps even a bit of agenda with a few expected results.
My agenda, I used a wee bit of sensationalism to bring attention to this topic.

Honestly I am a bit offended at your assumption (or was it an assertion?) that I was unable to come to the conclusions that you mention, I simply didn't offer them. Even though the release of that information would help us out immensely, is it truly essential to our survival, is there no possibility that we can figure out how to stop destroying our home planet by ourselves with some intra-planetary cooperation, education and maybe a bit of luck? Is there maybe something else that our astronaut is referring to? I'm assuming that someone could take it that he meant we need to prepare for the coming invasion (not the way I evaluate it but I could see someone taking it that way.)

So was your question “still puzzled?” rhetorical? Were you having a bad day or did I do something to offend you, because your post really came across as an attack on my intelligence and/or motives.

I choose to refrain from slinging any "mud" back your way. Take care...Michael

thought you were seriously not knowing why it would be good.
didn't mean to insult your intelligence.

-

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
quote]Originally posted by weedwhacker
(in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not sure if this has been brought into the discussion, yet.

I didn't read all f the pages....but, many others don't as well....so....

Consider this video from last January....

This is a very good idea for those of us that really want true disclosure. It is my opinion that the Obama administration shows good potential to actually do it!

I also found some information as to what Mr. Mitchell claims to know about aliens. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienMike

Yes, that is precisely what I meant.

It is all a matter of interpretation, and the human mind (70%) are conditioned to interpret things in this reality based on what they believe-in religiously. And as you pointed out, aliens may be looked at as demons, angels, djinn, etc

I look at the tales of demons and angels, as true stories of two types of extraterrestrials, benevolent ets and friendly ets. Because in those times in the past, the ancients interpreted aliens as religious figures, they even built entire religions around them.

IC

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
k...bring it on...there is 1 solution that would solve 99% of the worlds probems..population reduction. take out 50-70% o the worlds pop..problems solved...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Babyrazor

There is more than one solution to that problem, I sugest honest sex and social education with religeous and other biases left out, as one possible alternative.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienMike
Ok, for those of you who are asserting that the moon landings were fake. Do you have any valid evidence of it?
Another thought, 911 is fishy, but attempting to link that and the moon landings is akin to adding apples and cow and trying to get the result of potato.

Ok, look sweet-potato-head, it sounds like you are better off trying to write a recipe book for schizophrenics or auditioning for Hells Kitchen than actually connecting the dots about something. Have you not heard of foil and how good it is for baking? But in the spirit of compassion for the needy, charity to the poor, subtitles for the hard of hearing, a parent to a child, etc etc, I will offer a tidbit from majestic NASA itself. But of course this is merely the invalid opinion of yet another poor unwitting teryaki prawn in the latest cosmic episode of "Does Earth Intelligence exist - the smoking gun?" (History channel, Sirius)
www.inconstantmoon.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The really funny thing about this thread is a lot of people on here who believe the ET thing DONT believe that we landed on the Moon and call astronauts liars but when an astronaut says we are being visited they believe them

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

The really funny thing about this thread is a lot of people on here who believe the ET thing DONT believe that we landed on the Moon and call astronauts liars but when an astronaut says we are being visited they believe them

I totally agree with you and AlienMike. It's almost ridiculous how everyone seems to be so thrilled at what astronauts say about ETs but when its about the moon landings they are a bunch of liars.

Please show me some valid evidence that we haven't been on the moon, and no; poorly stitched together photos doesn't count, what would that prove anyway? That Nasa have crappy photoshop guys?

It's an insult to human ingenuity and annoys the hell out of me. I used to believe in these stuff when I was 13 but came to my senses and realised that the so called "evidence" people showed couldn't stand up to good old plain scientific facts. It's debunked. Period.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
It seems like every time they talk about disclosure something bad happens.There always seems to be a diversion. the first time they were working on really going somewhere with disclosure 911 happened. That of course ended all of the media and drive for it then. I watched all the x conference and my friend and I were talking about steven bassett wanting dislosure by the end of may.I told my friend now watch something bad will happen and we wont hear much more about it or it will fade.A day after that the swine flu epidemic started circleing on the net and news. I'm sure its just a coincidence, but sure was strange.I wonder if this dislosure will fade out too?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bakedbean

Ok, look sweet-potato-head, it sounds like you are better off trying to write a recipe book for schizophrenics or auditioning for Hells Kitchen than actually connecting the dots about something. Have you not heard of foil and how good it is for baking? But in the spirit of compassion for the needy, charity to the poor, subtitles for the hard of hearing, a parent to a child, etc etc, I will offer a tidbit from majestic NASA itself. But of course this is merely the invalid opinion of yet another poor unwitting teryaki prawn in the latest cosmic episode of "Does Earth Intelligence exist - the smoking gun?" (History channel, Sirius)
www.inconstantmoon.com...

Well, sugarplum, what a tasty tidbit of sarcasm with a heaping side of ad hominem argument thrown in when I didn't even order it. You can be my chef in Hell's Kitchen any day sweet pea. I suppose you are bucking for a tip?

That was a pretty picture of gamma rays from the moon. (I'm not sure what they mean by false color image of gamma rays when gamma rays are no where near our visible color spectrum anyway, maybe thats worthy of another thread?) But thank you anyway.

I am taking a shot in the dark here that you mean one of the theories that space radiation is an insurmountable obstacle and that there is no possible way that we sent people to the moon because of it? I am also assuming that some of your references to cooking indicate you believe that they would have been cooked inside either the ship or their suits?

It is interesting that you mentioned "foil", as the aluminum in the hull did a decent job of protecting them, but materials like polyethylene worked much better. Their suits were insulated against radiation as well. Or, perhaps you meant "foil" as in you foiled me with your cryptic references and blatant attack. As far as the moon landing goes I merely asked for some evidence of proof.

I could be wrong, I was forced to make some assumptions here. Maybe you meant that somehow the sunlight hitting the moon creates so many gamma rays that nothing could survive it? Thats a new one to me, if you can convince me, then you will have my apologies.

Ok here is your tip, in fact I will give you two:

1. Check out this site, use it as an example of how doing research and verifying information can help both your case and your sanity. www.clavius.org... I hope you didn't pay money for any of the conspiracy books or movies touting the solar radiation/Van Allen belts theories, if so you got served.

2. My point with the adding the fruit+bovine=tuber earlier is that by attempting to compare one theory's validity to prove another's validity creates an association fallacy argument. Even if the moon landing was completely proven a fake it doesn't do much if anything to prove a 911 conspiracy, except validate one piece of evidence that the government does lie. But, we already know that right? I totally agree that NASA stands for “Never A Straight Answer,” especially concerning their UFO footage.

You do seem skilled in the art of fallacy argument, perhaps you have spent too much time on bogus conspiracy sites? Those guys use fallacy arguments all the time.

Whether or not man walked on the moon is irrelevant to the essence of this topic. If you do have something new to contribute to the moon landing debate, please start a new thread, U2U me and I will be glad to evaluate and debate it with you. Otherwise stop attempting to change the flavor of this scrumptious concoction of a thread with your unwanted ingredients.

Take care, no really, I mean it, take care.....Michael

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by InternalClock

Yea I have to agree, that explanation makes a lot of sense. The more historical data I read the more validity seems to be added to the hypothesis. It also very effectively explains sciences' inability to locate a "missing link" .

[edit on 26-4-2009 by AlienMike]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
Or he's been waiting for a bigger stage. Had he revealed anything before now he may just have been lumped in to the final four minutes "and finally" humour segment of the MSM evening news with the parrot trainers, the tin-foil hat brigade, and the goth witches.

This is the same Mitchell who claims to have had cancer (not diagnosed mind you) and that said cancer was healed remotely by Adam Dreamhealer?

Oh yes. He is definitely on my top list of people to trust.

Not tin-hat brigade at all.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
***snip***

Here on ATS there seems to be a consensus (with few exeptions) that global warming is not caused by humans.

Is it a mere coincidence that the increase in UFO sigtings and chemtrails happens to follow the increase in global warming?

assuming that is what aliens have. Maybe they come here for a vacation in a non-toxic environment.

You are crazy. Happy now?

-

Yes I am still puzzled.

How come this reverse enginering of downed alien space craft hasn't revealed any non-polluting and free energy?

Surely the American government would sell the secrets to American oil companies so that USA wouldn't be in the pockets of the middle east?

Or is this plot so much more convoluted than we already suspect?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Disclosure? Not going to happen anytime soon or IF 'we' the masses, get any info it will be like breadcrumbs spilled on the table cloth, while the elite is having a luxurious dinner.

People like Mitchell will never get into the details. Why not? Because of a misplaced loyalty to those who think they rule the Earth!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I just listened to the ATS Mix interview with Dr. Edgar Mitchell.

www.atsmix.com...

From the wiki article on him compared to this interview, Dr. Mitchell has gone from being 90% sure in 1996 to saying very clearly “We are being visited.” It seems he has learned something from someone in the groups he pals around with about the ETH in between that time?

From the interview, I don't get the impression that he has interacted with an EBE personally, I could be wrong about that it is just an impression. I also think the article I cited may have been sensationalizing the survival aspect because the point Dr. Mitchell makes in the interview is that we will eventually need to get off of Earth because the sun isn't going to last forever and he mentions the fact that we have reached a state of life being unsustainable on Earth currently. He definitely didn't leave the impression with me that the aliens are about to invade and we had better let everyone know.

Even though he has an interest in the paranormal doesn't mean he can be discredited as a reliable source because of it. Usually, people don't get to put an accredited "Dr." in front of their name by being ignorant and/or insane. A doctorate doesn't guarantee credibility but it does help. The basic definition of paranormal is unusual experiences that lack a scientific explanation. I personally admire him for attempting to take a scientific approach to the paranormal, because there are a lot of people just itching to toss ridicule at anyone interested in things that don't mesh with their paradigm of reality and possibility. Also, there are a great deal of people playing with the paranormal taking approaches that are not anywhere near scientific, making the entire field look bad. Especially to the empirical proof or it didn't happen crowd.

I see it like this, physicists explain that our observable universe is a whole whopping 4% of the total picture, 73% being dark energy and 23% being dark matter. Basically what they mean by "dark" is they don't know what it is because it is unobservable. Quantum physicists are working to figure out what this unknown is all about and how it actually works. I think a lot of things that are currently "impossible," "clap-trap," and "paranormal" will wind up being explained by quantum physicists and paranormal scientists in the future. That is if disclosure never happens; or it happens and the ETs decide to let us figure most things out on our own.

There have been many accounts and testimonies of people claiming to be healed by energy work and other similar 'miraculous' phenomena. Science has a hard time even attempting to validate the phenomena because they have to base their research on what is observable, and there are a lot of possible ways someone could have healed in an instance like Dr. Mitchell's. He had a lump that indicated cancer, wasn't biopsied to confirm cancer, but the lump went away without traditional medical treatment. It is also very hard to control experiments in paranormal fields. Perhaps this phenomena exists in this unexplained area and some people have figured out how to tap into it?

In his recent interview on Coast to Coast AM, physicist Michio Kaku explained that things like teleportation, invisibility and time travel are possible. I have had a personal issue for some time with what I have come to call "the cult of disbelief" and their extreme focus on the impossible. I laughed when Michio stated "Is it impossible, or is it an engineering problem?"

[edit on 27-4-2009 by AlienMike]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join