It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon walk astronaut, warns disclosure essential to survival of human race

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The Astronaut who holds the record for the longest moon walk, Edgar D. Mitchell, spoke at the X-conference encouraging the US government to disclose the truth that we are being visted by aliens.

"We are being visited," Mr Mitchell, 79, was quoted as saying in the Washington Times.

"It is now time to put away this embargo of truth about the alien presence.

"I call upon our government to open up ... and become a part of this planetary community that is now trying to take our proper role as a spacefaring civilisation."

Combine this with what Stephen Bassett said
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and

the Kahzakstan offical UFO landing port and embassy
www.abovetopsecret.com...

....are we actually, finally, going to get disclosure soon?

SOURCE: news.ninemsn.com.au... up and Coast to Coast AM April 24, 2009.

WOW!

Also, just how exactly does our survival depend on this???

[edit on 24-4-2009 by AlienMike]

[edit on 24-4-2009 by AlienMike]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
wow... it's like all the pieces are slowly falling into place...

Will we get full disclosure any time soon?

only time will tell.....

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienMike

As I've mentioned in another thread, why the heck doesn't he disclose the existence of ETs himself? He has NEVER committed anywhere that he has himself encountered UFOs or aliens. In other words, first hand experience. Why does he want to fire his canon from someone else's shoulder? Why doesn't he come out with what he knows? Either way he should pipe down as we've had enough of him. I'm on the verge of kicking the bucket due to 'Mitchell overdose'.

His monologues have now started getting tiring! Just because he's an astronaut, everyone seems to go ga ga over what he says. And he keeps repeating what he's been saying for a decade like a gramophone needle stuck in a groove!

Or has he said something earth shattering that I've missed?

Cheers!

[edit on 24-4-2009 by mikesingh]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

I have to agree, I would definitely like him to be more specific as to what he actually knows and has experienced. Hopefully he lives for a good long time but at age 79 he doesn't have all that much time left to come out with his story. Maybe his story isn't all that sensational and he is keeping it withheld to maintain the mystery and the media attention.

Any time that this subject hits mainstream media and get presented to the "sheeple" its a good thing for those of us wanting to actually know what the hell is going on and not just speculate. I'm sure there will be plenty to speculate on post-disclosure.

Stephen Bassett has been talking about disclosure coming soon for a good deal of time now too. The Kazakhstan alien embassy is a wild story. All together it looks promising that is may actually happen in the near future.

Take care...Michael

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
reply to post by AlienMike

As I've mentioned in another thread, why the heck doesn't he disclose the existence of ETs himself? He has NEVER committed anywhere that he has himself encountered UFOs or aliens. In other words, first hand experience. Why does he want to fire his canon from someone else's shoulder? Why doesn't he come out with what he knows? Either way he should pipe down as we've had enough of him. I'm on the verge of kicking the bucket due to 'Mitchell overdose'.

His monologues have now started getting tiring! Just because he's an astronaut, everyone seems to go ga ga over what he says. And he keeps repeating what he's been saying for a decade like a gramophone needle stuck in a groove!

Or has he said something earth shattering that I've missed?

Cheers!

[edit on 24-4-2009 by mikesingh]

Everyone always rags on Mitchell about that. The way I see it, is if you work for a company for 30 years, by the end, even if you aren't privy to all information, you know whats going on. Between the water cooler chat and gossip between friends, you know whats up.

To think that astronaughts and other NASA agency members do not communicate "dark little secrets" to each other is crazy. The guy obviously has been told things by people important people, that he trusts, and does not want to out them as the speakers.

What baffles me, is that why do people think that these government employees are so eager to "sell out" and ask for something that doesn't exist? They obviously know something more than the average bloke.

But, in all reality this seemingly coordinated push lately for disclosure could just be the planting of seeds in our mind for the ultimate light show in the sky, project blue beam.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
eh if it happens i think we should be careful about the whole "hey here the aliens are and there our friends lets play tag".. don't get me wrong i honestly don't believe that in 239402903429304234902349 planets that ours is the only planet with life on it.

i believe life exist out there and history shows us that our governments have been lying to us about pretty much everything so yeah i'm sure they exist. I'm not saying they will be "bad" or "evil" just might be forced and false at the time. maybe that's the so called false prophets? lol just kidding.. i think, anyway that's my opinion.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
whos interest in disclosure

usa govt wants its technology and advantage.

other big govts want advantage

small countries like mexico and khazakstan want the disclosure and

the announcement of that

but still, those countries risk being ridiculed if they say that

and inter -country commerce may be affected

if they are so ridiculing themselves

makes a country look real weird and stupid, or just like obsessed with
aliens, if a country or a president would announce that.

so , its like, the khazakstan country is one,

that is disclosing that

the usa will not, i think not , theres no reason why they shoudl, because

apparently, they have the saucers and want it secret

they want it secret , so they can study then and find the ADVANTAGE, TO FIND SPACE TRAVEL

SO THE USA WILL HAVE SPACE TRAVEL POWER BEFORE THE OTHER COUNTRIES HAVE IT

GIVING THE USA

SUPREME POWER AND INCREDIBLE DOMINANCE AND CONTROL OF THE FUTURE

we can finally colonise and visit all the planets in our solar system

we can basically instantly jump

to anywhere in our solar system with this captured technology

once we figure how to use it

still in progresss now,

don't hold your breath

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Thinking about it last week, the technology gained from either UFO's or research gathers pace just before another war, every country wants to win their war, and to do so needs the most upto date equipment.
We are kept on a knife-edge in fear of terror attack, Bio disaster, war, you name it, we're scared of it.
Because thats how money is made for the fatcats in the companies and corporations that control our lives. Through fear mongering and telling US WHAT TO DO.

If we were to have a common goal or even a future , disclosure would be necesary to the whole of humanity, we could AS A RACE not a single country or corporation, expand into the nearby planets , then further as technology gets better.
We would find out that there is life out there, both beneficial AND detrimental to us, but thats what's life's all about , trying new things, exploring, learning , after all how do you know you don't like fish if you don't try it?.
We need to get past the 'MUST KILL MY ENEMY' mentality we currently have, people need to look at the bigger picture , and look to the FAR future not just tomorrow.
If we keep going down the 'infidel vs patriot' route then there is NO HOPE for us at all, as soon as we'd meet an alien craft we'd be scared incase it'd try to suck our brains out , we'd shoot first then we'd lose BIGTIME.

To be told by all the governments ' There is possibly no life out there' my question is how do YOU know? have you BEEN out there to find out? or are you still living in the dark ages where YOU belive the Earth is flat and the sun revolves around us.Everything is YOUR opinion , not ours, we need to FIND out for ourselves , NOT be TOLD there is nothing out there.

If we keep fighting amongst ourselves over stupid frivalous things like oil, shiney rocks and metals and the totally pointless item of money then we are never going to get off this rock we call Earth, we are never going to learn anything except how to mourn the loss of loved ones, the loss of our future and the futures of our children then their children.
If thats the case and WAR is all WE WANT then take it to the next level NOW , NUKE the whole world and get it over with.
Otherwise STOP fighting and building killing technology and instead LOVE each other, and build more spacecraft, explore our local space, build bases and then homes on nearby planets.

If someone insults you turn away, don't rise to the argument, be a better person, if we ALL did that we would become a BETTER CIVILISATION.
A BETTER HUMAN RACE.

If we had disclosure now we can be better prepared and at least 'expecting' contact enough not to pee our pants as soon as we meet a being that doesn't look like us, that way we don't open fire , but open our arms in friendship, after all they were probably like us once but seeing as they have the better technology to reach our little gem in space they probably have better weapons than us anyway.

If we don't have the incentive to learn , we won't want to change, we'll just over populate this planet, and kill ourselves slowly as we suffocate, as the forests will be cut down to make way for malls and as we shop we'll run out of air. But if we have disclosure its gives us excuse to head up into the stars and see if the rumors are true that Aliens exist.

[edit on 24/4/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Seriously guys... I think we need to stop the aliens ASAP. We HAVE nuclear weapons - why do you think they were invented? For this purpose obviously.

We might not know where they are, but if we maybe just fire as many as we can into the upper atmosphere over population centres, we can probably get most of them before it's too late.

Seriously guys, we have to act now or we will all be burnt in our beds. OMG!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I suppose the real genious behind space travel, after figuring out the locomotive function, is to figure out how to genetically engineer one's body to withstand the varying planetary atmospheric pressures.

Some planets have enough gravity to one make feel they are a 1000 feet deep in the ocean or minus-1000 feet into an helium vacuum.

Would someone please 'pass' the smoke?

As far as the moon walk thing; didn't happen, just orbited around the Earth playing a 'cold war' thing.

I believe this has been exposed?

Or is it just me?

I find this strange.

How bout yu?

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dutty_Rag

Eeee-yikers!! Need one even point out the flaw in your "logic?" Ever heard of fallout? It affects humans as well. Yours is certainly the most pathologically desperate post I've ever seen on any discussion site. Holy cripes, what the hell is really going on in the minds of you most militant xenophobes?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
On topic, I strongly agree with Dr. Mitchell; and have for a long time. Disclosure and Contact are our best chance at ecological healing and preservation, and ending rule by the corrupt, secretive pathocracies. Or there's no known or mundane method for real, truly measurable improvement in those areas in sight. We need real KNOWLEDGE, not flimsy, short-sighted, desperate (political and religious) BELIEFS.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Well, as I see it there are many right here on ATS that have had experiences with being on these Alien ships and being with said Aliens.

These members have been here for quite awhile and try to share but nothing is good enough because you want proof and to most these experiencers aren't proof enough.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
From a logical point of view it seems like full disclosure is gearing up, I think that we are months away from some some big news. There seems to be too much smoke without fire. I really do have concerns tho about the reaction of the populations, the world could be up in flames in hours if it was done too suddenly. Also if Aliens did managed to get to their tech level without destroying themselves and can travel unimaginable distances in there advanced craft, what interest are we to them. Either food or pets in my book

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Dutty_Rag

To add to Dean Goldberry's post... don't forget about the EM pulse that will knock out all the electronics in these population areas.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

...disclosure essential to survival of human race

Yes, of course, much like when it was proclaimed that the bailouts were "essential" to not only the survival of the U.S. economic financial system, but the world economy.

Nothing more than gloom and doom rhetoric of stupidity, all in the name of 'got to have it now' or we are all doomed to extinction. Spare me.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Edgar Mitchell, nor any other man, has ever walked on the moon.

Sorry, but thats the facts.

As for ETs / UFOs / Disclosure - bring it on. We're ready, if they're out there. If they are, they may be our ancestors. And boy the technology they must have - the physics that we've got all wrong.

Just please dont believe that man has walked on the moon or that 911 was a bunch of Muslim terrorists.

Thats not the point.

Edgar Mitchell is part of a huge hoax already.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
How does Edgar D. Mitchell know they are alien? Has he met them?

He is assuming they are alien.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Burginthorn]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by hmmmbeer

No one has ever walked on the moon... how about we throw in WWII never happened, There are no satellites in orbit, the earth is flat, and politicians are all honest??

The one thing I have never seen in any of these threads about UFO's and Aliens is much comment about the history of what almost always happens to any culture when an advanced civilization shows up knocking at the door. It usually does not end well for the host... go ask a few American Indians about that concept.

I am very anxious to know the details about what anyone with any sense at all understands regarding the frequent visitations of Aliens to our planet. When someone like Edgar Mitchell makes such statements I sit up and take notice. We should all keep in mind he may be saying all he is allowed to say on the subject without getting in hot water for disclosing classified information.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Disclosure is tricky. Governments have super computers running computer models that tell them the likely public reaction to anything they do. It may be that they haven't found a way to disclose without causing massive riots around the world.

After disclosure happens, as xenophobic as humans tend to be (it's a survival mechanism... it's built into our DNA), we will likely have trouble fitting into a galactic community. We may assimilate over time, but I don't think it will be easy or fast.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by LiquidLight]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join