It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven People in U.S. hit by Strange New Swine Flu

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
There is no doubt that this event has was forseen by many...

Though we are still just at the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the truth of the matter. Although I must say this could have been in the makings for years.

The 1918 pandemic strain [which killed up to 100 million people --
GWF] has polymorphism from swine and human H1N1 in all eight gene
segments. Similar swapping of polymorphism in human co-infected with
season and swine H1N1 can lead to rapid evolution. Therefore, release
of both sets of sequences, as well as new sequences, which will likely
be detected in the near term in the United States and Mexico, would be
useful.
groups.google.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

WAIT A MINUTE!

I'm calling alarmist here on one thing... How can Mexico cancel school tomorrow for millions of kids when its Saturday?

Am I missing something?

Maybe I am...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I don't think they're referring to just tomorrow, I'm quite sure they mean from here until we decide you can go back, school is canceled.

They're also locking up all other public facilities.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

They announced on Thursday night and Friday morning that they would be closing schools on Friday. So that's not being an alarmist, that's reporting the facts. All schools in Mexico yesterday were in fact closed, it was posted on tons of main stream news sites with links even posted here in this thread.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I caught the butt end of them discussing this on nightline tonight (well i guess it's last night now) , basically saying everything we've been reading all day on our own.

What caught my attention was at the very end they said one good thing about this is the fact that Tamiflu seems to work on this flu, so we should be alright because America and Europe (i believe they said Europe) have been stocking up on this. Now why would they be stocking up on this if they had no idea it was coming

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

oseltamivir AKA Tamiflu:
"With increasing fears about the potential for a new influenza pandemic, oseltamivir has received substantial media attention. Governments, corporations, and even some private individuals are stockpiling the drug. Production is currently sufficient to meet the demand for seasonal influenza and for government stockpiling. It is possible that shortages could recur in the event of an actual influenza pandemic"
Wiki

[edit on 25-4-2009 by ddacunha]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ddacunha

If this is true we all know that tptb are gonna make damn sure that they and their families get theirs first. I'm gonna go tomorrow and buy that over the counter stuff that you put in your nose at the first sign of the flu on the off chace it may help a little if this thing spreads and they don't have the meds we need. And some masks and water too, hell i'm bout ready to lock myself in.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I don't know if anybody posted this link yet, but i saw it posted on another thread about this flu.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=6129914#pid6129914

The video in the OP is a must see, well must listen it's a radio call in. Lady says DHS has been transporting the bird flu.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
reply to post by ddacunha

. And some masks and water too, hell i'm bout ready to lock myself in.

maybe that's what the GOV wants

[edit on 25-4-2009 by ddacunha]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Breaking news Swine Flu in NYC?
As reported by CNN news.

NEW YORK (AP) -- New York City health officials say that about 75 students at a Queens high school have fallen ill with flu-like symptoms and testing is under way to rule out the strain of swine flu that has killed dozens in Mexico.

The Health Department's Dr. Don Weiss said Friday that a team of agency doctors and investigators were dispatched to the private St. Francis Preparatory School the previous day after students reported fever, sore throat, cough, aches and pains. No one has been hospitalized.

The handful of sick students who remained at the school were tested for a variety of flu strains. If they're found to have a known human strain that would rule out swine flu.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by tarifa37]

[edit on 25-4-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Considering that this flu haven't been that extensive between humans yet, I think many of you are overreacting. It's been 7 cases in America so far and they seemed to have recovered.

It's different in Mexico when they also don't have the same regulation and protocol for these things and there's probably a large number of people who don't even know they got the this kinda of swine flu and are sick and therefore spreading the decease easier.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sambell

Threat level has been raised to pandemic alert per CNN. Incubation period can be 5 to 7 days so most cases in the US dont even know they have it yet. 1006 cases in Mexico. CDC is saying to late to stop spread in US. Yeah thats over reacting. I think you need to look a little closer at the facts.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

They've been stocking up on it for about the past 2 and a half years, ever since the first alarm bells about avian flu were sounded and the media became full of fear mongering stories about the possibility of a pandemic. Given it is to be expected we get some sort of pandemic every few decades it would make NO sense if the worlds governments did NOT try to prepare for it. Perhaps they were banking on a pandemic occuring naturally (because they DO) but it didn't happen fast enough and so now it has been deliberately started as they were fed up waiting.

Pandemics have been occuring for centuries, but it's only now in the modern world we can prepare for them. Perhaps the US has simply been practical - better to have millions of mass graves all ready than have bodies piling up in the street etc. Just because they have prepared for a disaster doesn't NECESSARILY mean they started the disaster but of course that can't be ruled out. I'm not dismissing the possibility , just trying to consider both angles

Does anyone know WHEN these mass graves, camps and so forth started to get built ?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

I'm not arguing against that
. Just that people are saying that they are gonna go and hide in their bunkers and pile up on food and stuff, is a bit overreacting I think.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Well this started out small headlines and now the healines are big; that is just the thing...

It is really the media that is doing the hype here it seems. Unless perhaps they know something we dont!

WHO: Mexico swine flu has 'pandemic potential'
1 hour ago

GENEVA (AP) — The head of the World Health Organization says the swine flu outbreak in Mexico and the United States could develop into a pandemic.

WHO Director-General Margaret Chan says the outbreak involves "an animal strain of the H1N1 virus, and it has pandemic potential."

Chan says it is too early to say whether a pandemic will actually occur.

The global health body has advised countries around the world to look out for similar outbreaks following the discovery of related strains on both sides of the Mexico-U.S. border.

www.google.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Here some real interesting information:

It could be good news or bad news.

Sunspots and the Flu

Research has shown surprising correlations between sunspot activity and human health and behavior:

Mutations in the influenza virus, and subsequent flu pandemics, correlate to sunspot peaks. During no less than 17 of the last solar cycles, sunspot peaks precede increased flu activity, including the 1918-19 "Spanish Flu" pandemic which followed a sunspot peak in 1917.[13][14] During at least five of these periods, the Influenza-A virus underwent antigenic shifts that allowed the virus to bypass built-up immunity in the population.[15][16] Researched conducted by Biometeorological Research Center in the Netherlands supports the proposition that solar activity causes lowered human immunity: Thirty years of research using 740,000 male subjects shows that blood sedimentation rates—and resulting albumin and gamma globulin rates—changes with the sunspot cycle

en.wikipedia.org...

As many of you know we appear to be in a Deep Solar Minimum, which is the exact opposite of the peaks during past pandemics.

This could mean two things. First the good news.

We might not see a pandemic.

Now the bad news.

The virus was not mutated by solar activity, meaning it was bioengineered by people.

If it does grow into a full blown pandemic during a deep solar minimum I think there is a very very good chance this event is manmade.

[edit on 25/4/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Link to direct news updates on national terror alert site:

www.nationalterroralert.com...

Also a CDC Update Page:

www.cdc.gov...

National and Regional Summary of Select Surveillance Components Region Data for current week Data cumulative for the season
Out-patient ILI* % positive for flu† Number of jurisdictions reporting regional or widespread activity‡ A (H1) A (H3) A Unsub-typed B Pediatric Deaths
Nation Normal 6.2 % 9 of 51 6223 750 10266 8686 55
New England Normal 5.9 % 0 of 6 445 67 1058 738 1
Mid-Atlantic Normal 13.6 % 2 of 3 754 100 988 929 11
East North Central Normal 24.9 % 0 of 5 987 62 296 884 8
West North Central Normal 11.5 % 2 of 7 924 41 868 762 0
South Atlantic Normal 11.2 % 1 of 9 1001 56 1963 1812 8
East South Central Normal 2.5 % 0 of 4 186 6 58 108 4
West South Central Normal 4.7 % 0 of 4 589 40 3727 2357 11
Mountain Normal 6.5 % 2 of 8 679 201 838 427 8
Pacific Normal 11.6 % 2 of 5 658 177 470 669 4

[edit on 25-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

More Southern Californians Infected with Swine Flue

Three more Southern Californians have been diagnosed with swine flu. Health officials say a total of five people in San Diego and Imperial counties have been infected with the virus.

www.kpbs.org...;id=14442

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I am posting this as the first article I have found to back up the theory that this possible "pandemic" outbreak could be staged. Still it is just a theory, and may always remain unprovable...but when I read this today, I just find it to be beyond coincidence!

The Gazette Published March 19, 2009
Serving Seguin and Guadalupe County since 1888

It may sound like the plot of a sci-fi thriller — but it’s what would happen if the 1918 Spanish Flu that decimated the world happened today.

Guadalupe County emergency management and their counterparts around the country are preparing for just such a scenario because in the history of humankind it happens once every 100 years or so — and the time is coming for the next one.....Kinsey and Hays are preparing for a May 2 dress rehearsal of a pandemic disaster at the Navarro ISD. Volunteers will set up and operate a “drive through” POD in which they will take a practice run at registering, screening and pretending to inoculate 100 volunteers so they can identify whatever problems might come up and prepare to meet them.

www.seguingazette.com...

Just that close to home...and this was just a month ago...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join