It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Dr.Edgar Mitchell a LIAR??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Ok lets get back on track people,

lets get to the point.

Its obvious the reasons why people would say his telling the truth.

But lets see why people would think he is lying. For what reason is he lying then?

1. Money (that's the one that's going to come up first im sure)

My reply to that is dont you think he has made enough cash from his career to be making outrageous claims thats if there not true of course. I believe him %100 i have no reason not to. Especially when what he says collaborates with many other TOP WELL RESPECTED people.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

It comes down to how satisfying you find his evidence / testimony. For alot of people theres a lack of detail in his story. We dont get the name of the Major he talked to so cant check. Was he serving or retired at the time? Did the major really know anything more than mitchell? Did the conversation take place at all?

I find it extremely unsatisfying its just another story to me. Others may feel diffirent.

Frank kaufman lied his ass off about roswell , made fake documents and was only found out after he died. At the time people who wanted to believe him said the same thing "why would he lie? i believe him 100%"

They were wrong.

There are other reasons for lying than money. The MJ12 documents were created as a tool to "smoke out the truth". Calling the authorities bluff or bringing forward new witnesses. Its possible mitchell has been asked to try something similar.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by yeti101]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

"But lets see why people would think he is lying. For what reason is he lying then? "

You missed a few options.

He might be deluded. (I know, I know, BAD WORD! But it is possible.)

He might be caught in an ego-trap. He said something, somebody challenged it and his ego won't let him back down. So he justifies. More challenges, more justification. And so it goes. It happens all the time and it's hardly new or surprising.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Two people who have made claims that someone told them of seeing alien bodies:

Brigadier General Artur Exon

Colonel Gordon Cooper

A recent blog on the subject of alien bodies at Roswell and the USAF report on anthropomorphic dummies:

kevinrandle.blogspot.com...

There is a lot of information out there on what was said and by whom. It is more important to read between the lines of what the USAF is stating.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
A recent blog on the subject of alien bodies at Roswell and the USAF report on anthropomorphic dummies:

kevinrandle.blogspot.com...

There is a lot of information out there on what was said and by whom. It is more important to read between the lines of what the USAF is stating.

If the Roswell story did show a constant "improvement" as it went along it might be more credible. However, the "improvements" simply show that people are changing their stories to allow for evidence that shows they are simply wrong.

"It's easier to tell the truth than to lie, there's less to remember."

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Please help!
I know it's not on theme, but could anyone help me find the following very important thread?
"No More Webbot - Last ALTA Report Here"
I used the search option, but it seems it has been moved.

Thank you in advance...

Sorry, never mind ...
I just found the answer: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 25-4-2009 by cosby]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
no, edgar mitchell is not lying.

second line

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Float_
no, edgar mitchell is not lying.

second line

Do you think the only two options are "He's lying" or "He's telling the absolute, immutable, irridium-clad truth"?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

KNOW the truth !
and THE TRUTH
shall set you FREE

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

KNOW the truth !
and THE TRUTH
shall set you FREE

Let me know when you find "truth". I've always wanted to see that sucker.

BTW, personal preference has no bearing on whether something is true or not.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Is this not the better way to learn about all levels and conditions of communications among the peoples, of emotions, of the hate and pain, rage and anger that is so rampant here and of the intensity that only the energy form of LOVE can bring forth, when ALL GOOD SOULS UNITE FOR THE GOOD OF ALL? Yes, indeed for many of us children, it is a strange place to be, this planet Terra.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Is this not the better way to learn about all levels and conditions of communications among the peoples, of emotions, of the hate and pain, rage and anger that is so rampant here and of the intensity that only the energy form of LOVE can bring forth, when ALL GOOD SOULS UNITE FOR THE GOOD OF ALL? Yes, indeed for many of us children, it is a strange place to be, this planet Terra.

Very New Age of you, but I don't get your point. I'm just an old sailor.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

then you will be in for an excellent surprise when you soon suddenly realize we are looking at the world through each other's eyes. Our true nature is raising its profile in our minds & we will soon realize that our perception of individuality was merely useful to help drive us towards working together.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

then you will be in for an excellent surprise when you soon suddenly realize we are looking at the world through each other's eyes. Our true nature is raising its profile in our minds & we will soon realize that our perception of individuality was merely useful to help drive us towards working together.

Oh, really? Aliens going to help with that, are they?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

We have the critical mass now that it takes to allow our intent for this knowledge to spread to literally induce this metamophosis of our world and minds.

freedom brother.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by _Float_]

[edit on 25-4-2009 by _Float_]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Like other people said, no I don't think he's a liar.

He is an astronaut, to me those people tend to be emotional stable and have good moral and judging values. Probably a lot harder to corrupt and with only about 10% of your life left, maybe you want to clean the sheet a little.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mortje

Mitchell founded the Institute of Noetic Science in 1973 to fund research into fringe topics. On his Apollo flight he conducted ESP experiments (which showed...nothing). He claims he was cured of cancer (which was not fully diagnosed) by remote healing. He has been talking about ET's for a long time.

I'm not (necessarily) saying that because of his interest in these topics he should be cast in the loony bin. My point is that his latest statements are nothing new. They are not deathbed statements. Edgar Mitchell is not "cleaning the slate". He has been openly involved with and talking about a wide array of fringe topics for a long time.

I'm curious though, from where do you get your insight that astronauts are stable, with good moral and judging values? You seem to have bought into the "image". Astronauts are very good at what they do but they are no more inherently moral than any other profession.

[edit on 4/25/2009 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Regarding intentional ‘lying’ versus innocent (and natural) ‘narrative drift’, Gordon Cooper's stories have an interesting relationship with Mitchell. The most frustrating angle is this: Cooper and Mitchell spent a year training together (1968-9) as the backup LM crew on Apollo-10. Cooper could have been expected to talk a lot about his UFO experiences, especially as Mitchell would have been one of the most receptive listeners you could imagine.

But Mitchell has politely (as always – he’s a classy guy, we could ALL of us take lessons) demurred from disclosing anything he learned from Cooper about Cooper's 'UFO experiences'.

That's frustrating. There's a big temptation to speculate about why Mitchell finds such accounts non-reportable, when he passes on accounts of much lower credibility from other people he's talked to. But such speculation can quickly degenerate into fantasy -- as we see around here all the time.

Maybe we should all pass the word that the next time Mitchell speaks in public, he should be (politely) asked to tell what he learned about UFOs from Gordon Cooper. It can't hurt Cooper, or himself -- unless (speculating) the tales Mitchell heard in 1968-9 were strikingly different from tales Cooper told later in public. That would harm Cooper's credibility.... and might not help the pro-UFO arguments.

Nah -- shouldn't speculate too wildly.

But the reason the question is important is that other people who reported Cooper's stories from that time period did report stories that bear little resemblance to those he told to UFO conventions in later years.

For example, an associate of Cooper's told me that about 1971 the version of the 'fleets of UFOs' story he heard Cooper tell, occurred not in Germany but in the American midwest.

For example, in 1973 Cooper -- on tape -- told an Italian UFO writer named Ferrando that he had recently been a witness to a UFO landing in Florida where landing legs left imprints in the ground -- and years later, that landing story had become transferred to Edwards AFB, California.

For example, Stuart Nixon, then head of NICAP, told me in 1976 that he had discussed UFOs with Cooper 'recently' and Cooper mentioned the excitement over the 1951 German sightings -- but then added that it all died out when it became clear -- and he agreed with the conclusion -- that they had been jet-stream entrained weather balloons. Why would Cooper have told NICAP that (NICAP probably still has Nixon's own written report in its archives), and then ten years later, told a different story to UFO buffs?

For example: when completing my first draft report on the 'Gordon Cooper UFO sightings' in 1982 (YES -- nineteen eighty two), I mailed him a copy (we had exchanged several letters on the subject). To check out how closely he read the text, and to jog his memory, I placed several tracer-factoids in the report, that gave inaccurate factual information that I thought Cooper knew -- and would thus correct.
One tracer-factoid was a report on my earliest account of the Germany 'fleets' story, in which I wrote -- deliberately wrongly -- that the official debunking explanation had been 'seed pods'. The witness had actually told me that the official prosaic explanation had been 'migrating spiders', as my contemporary notes showed.
But years later, when Cooper recounted the story on Art Bell's show, he ended with ridiculing the official explanation that he remembered being given by the AF -- 'seed pods', he snorted in derision.

But the 'seed pod' meme was my counterfeit tracer-factoid from my manuscript I had mailed him [again, with no intent to deceive -- just to validate how well he reviewed and corrected what I explicitly said was an unfinished draft report]. It lodged in his memory and many years later popped forth as an allegedly authentic event-recollection.

Why did Cooper's UFO stories mutate so bizarrely during this period? Mitchell may be able to cast light on this mystery. He won't.

It's a question deserving of serious discussion -- and Ed Mitchell could (if he wants) make a significant contribution to understanding what was going on. But -- he doesn't.

We can all take action to encourage Mitchell to change his mind on this -- dare I say it? -- coverup, that he is in control of.

The other service Mitchell could do is help clarify why Cooper was booted from the astronaut program at this time, ostensibly for malperformance in training. Cooper had every reason to be bitter -- and vengeful. And in later years he was shunned in the aerospace community because of his promotion of a series of scam aerospace investment schemes which people invested in out of trust for him, and lost millions of dollars. In the end, aside from a few anniversary appearances with NASA events, the UFO convention circuit was the only public stage he had left.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Col Gordon Cooper wrote about his tenure in the space program and his UFO experiences in his book "Leap of Faith". He had two major experiences with flying saucers, and those are not discussed by Edgar Mitchell.

Col Cooper was also a person who was receptive to many fringe ideas and writes about those in his book also.

He also writes of his rivalries in the space program.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join