It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just an Observance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Hey guys...
I was looking at the "how Stuff Works" website today, and found something quite interesting. This may have already been addressed, forgive me if it has. I was looking at what the symbols on the dollar bill meant, and it had the translation of the Latin phrase "Novus Ordo Seclorum" which appears under the Eye of Providence. Translated it means "A new order of the ages". They say that it is referring to the birth of America in 1776, but we may have different theories in this forum. Any takers??

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Yeah I've already addressed this when people were saying it meant "New World Order".

But Seclorum is plural, so it would have to be "New Worlds Order" which doesn't make sense plus Secula whic means ages//generations...so basically the statement means "New order for the ages//generations" and can be thought of as an order that will last through time.

Not as a dominant force, however for an exact understanding of what was meant by it you'll have to read some work of Virgil the poet, because it is taken directly from him by our learned fore fathers and the men on the commitee of the Great Seal.

Sincerely,
no signature

new topics

join