It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we really want them to listen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I was going to make a post about how bad TV Programming sucks.

Our value of living is going down in so many ways, but the prices continue to rise.

Premium TV channels play lame movies from the 80's and 90's...WHY? I dont understand it! Some movies are great but premium channels should be playing more premium movies.

Food and all sorts of other things are declining in quality, but prices continue to rise.

How many of you thought it was a great Idea that everyone turned out their lights for an hour? Or lets look at the recent tea parties.

For us Americans or any other citizen to be heard, I think a great way would be for people to mass protest by not going to work or spending any money for a day. Reduce electricity, water and utility consumption. For one day. Maybe it would need to be done on a monthly basis.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

Hi mailman.
Great idea you've got there on the mass protest --like it a lot.
It would certainly give a voice to the people because nobody is listening at the mo.
Yep everything is going down in terms of quality.
can you imagine the impact this would have on economies, people not spending for a whole day. Wow.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Hey UK, Hows it going?

Id hate to see more people suffer and not get paid for a day so they can feed their families. What is it going to take though you know? Too many people probably havent even thought about being without some sort of luxury, wich is part of the problem I guess.

Crappy TV shouldnt be one of my worries. But it gets me angry when sombody is getting a fat check from all of us, and all we get for it is bottom of the barrel.

I thought the tea parties were a step in the right direction..but the lights out for an hour, seems like a simple idea from some people so they can just feel good about themselves. Because they havent appreciated anything untill now.

join