It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil what and who?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I once read Evil is the opposite of Life or that ,that takes life.Look at what Evil spells backwards "Live". Regardless of its exact definition we all know its not good.Where around the world with different cultures and religions almost everyone can agree ,there are evil forces not of this world we cannot see.They go by many names .Satan,Lucifer,Demons,Jinn,Innerdimenional beings, etc. Another charteristic they all share from one religion to the next is, one or the other is manipulating its self as all the others.I myself believe in "Universal Consciousness" and these are beings from a different (higher) dimension that have made us a slave race.I also believe that there are higher forces of good out there.I would love to make contact with them (channeling) ,but I dont trust anything of a different realm that has the possibility of being evil , and putting up a front to mislead you.Im writing this thread to see peoples spiritual outlooks on the higher forces of Evil,Good, and the soul.I do ask one thing if you are of a belief/religion that you have never questioned and had a man in front of a podeium tell you everything there is to know about life (based all your beliefs on one book and never looked any further) please do not respond to this thread.If you are a christian ,muslim,judist,buddist,etc. and have actually studied outside your faith too see the different outlooks of the world, by all means please post. I look foward to everyones response Thank you

[edit on 23-4-2009 by trey85]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by trey85

I do ask one thing if you are of a belief/religion that you have never questioned and had a man in front of a podeium tell you everything there is to know about life (based all your beliefs on one book and never looked any further) please do not respond to this thread.

Looks like you killed your own thread or no one cares :/ I'll give ya a bump maybe someone will respond.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by trey85

What I believe is we are all players in a game.
The game is controlled by whoever created us.
Our thoughts, behavior and actions are all controlled by an unseen force.
Good and evil are all components of the game, to make it more interesting.
We are not real, we just think we are.
It's the matrix.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
" its the matrix "

You see how movies can destroy people? Don't believe movies. And this goes back to the NT saying.

" False books and influences will rule during the end "

many saints say this too.

We are not in a game. Because love exist in humans and justice. So that love comes from the source.

If I as a human wouldn't toy with people, how much more that source who put it in me wouldn't?

No God loves us with a burning love. Here's an example. When I was a kid I would kill bugs for fun, I know I said this before, but it's an example. Now I cannot do it anymore because of Gods grace and love in me. I have compassion for bugs now.

God puts this in souls because it's from him. If the matrax were real then those controllers shouldn't have this love.

In the end justice rules. it's in the human heart to be just and to have justice prevail.

and so I don't agree with the matrix thing, a silly movie created by idol minds,.

peace.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
You see how movies can destroy people? Don't believe movies. And this goes back to the NT saying.
" False books and influences will rule during the end "
many saints say this too.

So we have a little bit of a problem then right?
Because the Bible is a pretty false book....it is touted as the word of god or the true word of god....yet that statement is fallacious.

There is nothing to back it up.

So in that respect, the bible is no truer than the movie the matrix.
Both are ideas and someones opinions and creations.

No God loves us with a burning love. Here's an example. When I was a kid I would kill bugs for fun, I know I said this before, but it's an example. Now I cannot do it anymore because of Gods grace and love in me. I have compassion for bugs now.

No no....you don't kill bugs now because you are grown up and you know now that it's wrong.
It has absolutely nothing to do with religion or god..

Morals are embedded in us... they are part of our makeup.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

You believe in the love of a creator i.e God. Fair enough, you are entitled to that belief.
But if God is so loving and kind, why is there so much suffering and misery in the world?
Why would a loving God act so cruelly towards his creations?
My theory stands up just as well as yours, if not more so.
We are being played----and pain, suffering, joy, happiness etc, are all components of the game.
I may be wrong, you may be wrong.
I respect your views and are open to them, so why can't you be open to other possibilities as well.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

why do bad things happen to good people?? Why does God allow bad things to happen?? If God were an all-loving, all-powerful God, he would stop bad things happening??

This question has been plaguing mankind ever since there was a mankind. It is spoken about for the entire book of Job in the Bible. For those of you who do not know, it is the story of a man called Job. Job was very successful and happy and loved God: He was a good man. Then one day his house burned down, all his children died and all his livestock were killed. Job was left with nothing. Then Job gets struck down with all manner of illnesses and boils and sores. A number of his friends come to encourage him but it turns into a big discussion about why Job was suffering so. His friends all say that it is a punishment from God, but Job knew that he had done nothing to offend God that much. The end from what I remember basically just concludes that life is life and tough.

Source

This kid sums it up pretty well, check out his whole responce. If nothing else its a good read.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by dthwraith]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dthwraith
reply to post by trey85

I do ask one thing if you are of a belief/religion that you have never questioned and had a man in front of a podeium tell you everything there is to know about life (based all your beliefs on one book and never looked any further) please do not respond to this thread.

Looks like you killed your own thread or no one cares :/ I'll give ya a bump maybe someone will respond.

LOL Nice bump this thread stayed at 0 for 3 weeks and had 6 over night.Go give all my threads a bump.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
There is no such thing as "Evil."

To be a free human means to move beyond good and evil. To be captive to conventional morality is to be enslaved. It also means you aren't reaching your true potential as a being.

There are a number of different paths beyond good and evil to true freedom. For example, Zen Buddhism gives a kind of freedom from the moral continnum. But that is alltogether too tepid for me and for true Strong Souls. To be free of the good-evil continuum is only the first step; that's where conventional mystics like the Zen people fall short. To truly actualize yourself as a being you have to go beyond mere freedom and attain POWER. This is the left-hand path.

And within the left-hand path there are a number of ways. There is the Gate of Satan and the Gate of Lucifer (which are quite different). There are other gates, like the Gate of Vodoun and so on.

Its only when you pass through one of the left-hand Gates that you can learn how amazing and intoxicating this life can be. You need to fling yourself into the abyss and be borne aloft by a free being like the Ancient Ones, the fallen, the serpant, or Lucifer Morningstar. They will bathe you in the Blood Baptism and teach you how to fly. Take you higher than you've ever been...to imbibe the spurting black blood from the jugular of the Dark Goat.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Goatflesh Gnosis

It also means you aren't reaching your true potential as a being.
Oh! Well, in that case, OK. No, just kidding.
I do not see any indication of you having any power, in your description of things in your post. Being picked up and born aloft is something done by another being, who has the real power.
Intoxication may be the operative word, here. You are having mind tricks being played against you. You may have feelings of power, but actually it is someone else feeding off your power and giving you delusion in return.
Living well and eating well gives you power. Let's use Christianity for example. The requirements that you call restraints are just to treat other people decently. That way, everyone gets to share in some amount of power. Cheating the system to get more power for yourself will only be temporary. Eventually it will come back to an equilibrium, and you will end up worse off than you started, along with all the misery that you caused for everyone else.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It kind of irks me when people want to say that our own level of reality is somehow "less than" than another. Like we are an ant farm, cosmic kindergarden, in a matrix, in a "practice" dimension or being given a test from some cosmic superiors where if we "get it right" we get to skip to the next level like it's hopscotch or something. Thats taking existence for granted and is self depreciating. Why must this life be considered a mere a go between for something greater? I know the "is this all there is?" feeling and thats very human as it makes us evolve but we can neglect ourselves looking too hard for the answers. If you press your face too hard against the mirror you'll just go cross eyed.

How many generations before us got to actually talk in real time to people on the other side of the planet? We live in amazing times and the internet is the great egalitarian experiment. It's like a massive masquerade.

Spirituality is very important but shouldn't existing be explored just as much? People talk about the bigger picture alot yet they sometimes completely miss the details. They may be small but that doesn't mean they're insignificant.. and likewise we may be small in contrast to the rest of the universe but that doesn't mean we're insignificant either. Valueing something depends solely on it being observed by someone.

The grass is always greener I guess.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Firstly, thank you for your reply, even though I think we have a fundamental difference of perspective.

When you choose the Inverted Path, it is true that you need to rely on a being like Satanel or Lucifer to be borne aloft. Another way of looking at it is that you SUBMIT UTTERLY and become a "doorway" by means of which the dark power enters the continnuum. Yet paradoxically by so doing you tap into an incredible force that is difficult to express unless you have felt it for yourself. You let the force BURN you to ashes...I cannot say you BECOME the force but it BURNS THROUGH YOU.

One way I express it is that I am an "altar." Literally as well as metaphorically. I have served as an altar in black masses, lying naked and prone while the high priest and priestess used my body in various ways. In a sense it is total submission: Physically at such times, I did nothing, seemingly, physically. I did not move (except in involuntary ecstacy at times), sigils were drawn on my body and there were other aspects to the rituals... from the outside it would seem I was acting very passively, yet the surge of RAW POWER flowing though EVERY CELL of my body was intense beyond description.

Also, true submission must be done FREELY of ones OWN FREE WILL to be most effective. This, too, is power.

Also, the Ancient Ones give gifts and rewards to their devoted servants. These gifts can be spiritual, such as powers of perception, ecstasy, penetrating knowledge, the serpentine vision. The Serpent has actually allowed me the high honor of seeing though his slitted, vertically shaped eyes into an ocean of profound wisdom. Others recieve worldly gifts. Very, very many of the men and women I have performed rituals with were extremely wealthy and powerful. I could choose those worldly gifts if I wanted but actually I vastly prefer the spiritual gifts.

Another example: when I knelt to receive the Mark of the Beast, I did it of my own free will. Being among the first of those to receive the Mark, I will be in the front ranks in the coming Culling. Millions upon millions will receive the Mark in the coming days but they will do so by being tricked and befuddled into it. Those of us who have VOLUNTARILY knelt to receive the Mark in these days (the earliest days it has been offered) are enormously privilaged. In the coming days our power will increase beyond belief. I will literally have legions following me...not that this particularly interests me. It is a high honor enough merely to serve as a conduit for the Dark Ones. And I don't even have to wait for the final Culling to feel the power...I can already feel it every day, growing and growing and building towards a creshendo.

Its going to be so beautiful just thinking about it now makes tears literally well up in my eyes, yes I'm actually getting teary writing this because I can see ahead into what is coming...the awe, the dark magnificence.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Goatflesh Gnosis

I suppose the Power is the power of choice?
Being weak of mind or intellectual stamina would make someone vulnerable to what is coming. Seeing it for what it is and making a free choice about it is exerting a power from yourself, or at least that is what I would make of it.
I am not a advocate for the concept that people have free will. There may be a limited freedom of choice but we have nothing to say about what the choices are or how things come about that would cause those choices to present themselves to us.
I am not a strict fatalist because I think we have to behave as if we did have choices.
The difference between me and you may be that I would never be offered the chance to do any of the things that you apparently came in contact with. I believe that people who would like to choose good if they were actually able to make choices, God takes that into consideration and guides events through the vagaries within chance, to remove some choices from ever coming up. Now that is on the God side.
If we were to consider the Satan side, he would look at people who, if they actually had a freedom of choice might choose the evil path, and adjusts the course of events through what avenues of control are at his disposal, to cause choices to be put in front of that person to where they could seem to be willingly making a choice for evil.
Perception is reality and if you are seemingly constantly making choices to do evil, you would have to assume you were an evil person.
Same principle applies on the other side. If everything seems nice and you are constantly able to do what appears to be good things, it may be that that is really the easy thing to do and does not necessarily mean you are a better person than the one who seems to be doing the bidding of Satan.
The whole thing is a mind trick and real power comes from seeing past it and not thinking you are too evil or not thinking you are too good. Everyone is born from the same human family on the same planet and we are all in it together. If everyone woke up to that, we could break our bondage. But oops, we really can not because there is no free will. To me, that is absolute horror. Like being a bunch of bugs in a jar and trying to climb over your brother bugs to get out but there is no escape. To think we are any better off is an illusion.
What we need is for a bigger thing than ourselves to come along and say, "why are you torturing those bugs? I am going to find a really nice place and set them free." How much of their release was based on the free will of the bugs? It is the will of a benevolent, more powerful being that saved them.

edit to add a slight clarification of this post: We actually are better off than bugs on account of being human and made in the image of God. The similarity is in our inability to change our situation on our own. The trap is death and we do not have the power to release our souls from hell. God does, so we need to get past the dread of the inescapable nature of it and put our trust in Him.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

. . .being given a test from some cosmic superiors where if we "get it right" we get to skip to the next level like it's hopscotch or something.
The idea of being put on the planet to be tested is annoying to me. What exactly would be the expected outcome of "getting it right"?
That would be like giving someone a multiple choice test where all the answers are wrong but you are not given as a choice "none of the above".
I do not especially even go for the idea that Adam and Eve were put in the Garden of Eden to be a test. I can see why people would rather become atheists before accepting that as being right at all.
Once we realize there is a problem with the world and with ourselves, I think the thing to do is try to be calm and let go of the anger and do not try to fix the blame on anyone. Try to just survive the "Game" still holding onto a shred of dignity about you. Realizing there is no correct answer may be a good place to start. If we count at all, it would be as pawns. The big game is the powers striving for the mastery and we are only indirectly involved. We are born into a whirlwind not of our making. Cursing the wind is not helpful and only depletes our energy.
I was taking a class in kayak survival which is kayaking and living through it. Let's say you were caught up in some pounding waves and thrown into the rocks. Sticking your finger out will just get it broken. So what they were recommending was to take it as body blows and not trying to use your limbs to absorb the impact. Luckily I have not had to put that advice into action. So maybe that could be used for an analogy about life in a messed up world. You know you are going to take a beating, one way or another so do not make unnecessary contacts with the jagged edges onto your extremities. This is not really working but do not stick your arm between two rocks, thinking you are going to be able to hold yourself still. It will just tear your arm off. Hit the rock with the impact spread out over the largest part of your body and hope you bounce off and get carried out eventually.
Back to the whirlwind analogy, if you were in the path of a tornado, the same survival technique may be applicable as far as not making contact with flying objects. Once it goes past, you may see lots of destruction but you can not say the tornado won in the war between things being productive and things becoming useless. Once the world-wide storm we are in is over, though it seems desolate, desolation does not win.
I am not promoting survival at all costs. I am trying to say that you can save yourself the effort of blaming God for everything that happens. God will win in the end and He wants life and productivity. You may not survive and most likely you will not. The thing is you have to be like Job and not give into the advice of his so-called friends and curse God and die. What we need to do is not curse God and live, but we will have to be raised back from the dead to do it.

new topics

top topics

join