It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Insite: China Sees EU as Mere Pawn.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Global Insite: China Sees EU as Mere Pawn.

Viewed from Brussels, China’s importance to the world’s security and economic systems has never been greater. Viewed from Beijing, the European Union’s importance has rarely been smaller.
China once seemed to take the EU as an institution more seriously, largely because of its apparent potential as a counter-balance to US global hegemony.

But the world financial turmoil and wars in Afghanistan and Iraq have dealt a staggering blow to the US image as an unchallenged colossus striding the wor.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/23/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Now, I'm no fan of the war or of the way America has been transformed into a caracature of itself in the eyes of m,ost of world , a swaggering global cowboy...but I am still less a fan of the snivviling, government-coddled Euros who whine and screetch endless complaints about the US while our tax dollars go to pay all the while for their militaries. It's pretty hard to take seriously a bunch of paunchy, sweater-bellie-d cafe welfare cases who whine and stamp their wittle feet beacuse the world isn't treatging them with the dignity they think they are accorded. For some time we have heaed gleeful predictions of an EU/China bloc that would make the big ole bad USA irrelevant, but China seems to have as little respect for the EuroWhiners as the Americans do. More info at source.

[edit on 4/23/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Missing link at this time.

But probably more important than a source for the quoted text is a source for the claims in your post... It sounds like you're talking about the people rather than the politicians...We snivel? Want to be 'coddled' by our governments? You probably don't realise the UK for example has the most pathetic excuse for a government. Whatever problems you think you have over in your country, we have them too. Tax dollars paying for our military? Who/what/where?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Global Insight: China sees EU as mere pawn

Here's the link:

The just of the article is that China thinks the EU is ineffective, disorganized and is in no position to challenge the US in the scheme of things.

China is ,of course, correct. The EU is ineffective as an economic coalition, ineffective militarily, they have no effective political leadership, they are but a loose coalition of European states. Here is what I recently wrote:

"Europe is a collection of nation states. It seems to be unable to operate together effectively militarily. Although it operates loosely under the EU it cannot be viewed as united in trade. Some nations honor the trade-free zone use, others do not.

Europe unfortunately operates overall in benign chaos."

China has simply made a correct observation. China's problem is that it has it's own huge economic and political problems and is itself in danger of collapse from the recent economic chaos, its poor investments and top heavy government. Alas, Europe won't be much help to China in its hour of need!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
It's pretty hard to take seriously a bunch of paunchy, sweater-bellie-d cafe welfare cases who whine and stamp their wittle feet beacuse the world isn't treatging them with the dignity they think they are accorded. For some time we have heaed gleeful predictions of an EU/China bloc that would make the big ole bad USA irrelevant, but China seems to have as little respect for the EuroWhiners as the Americans do. More info at source.

Could you fit any more stereotypes into that? Look around man, your American, the worst country in history, both foreign and domestically.

Domestically, your mirroring the rise of Nazi germany, and though you may have an iphone in your pocket, and a cadillac in the driveway, Americans are the unhappiest, most medicated populace on the planet.

The United States is proof in practice that money truly does not buy happiness. Don't believe me, look around.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

America has been transformed into a caracature of itself in the eyes of m,ost of world , a swaggering global cowboy...[/url]

Very true. Don't forget warmongers, liars and torturers. Ah, do you think it helps to create more and more hatred between the nations? No country is perfect, let alone a loose Union between some dozens of nations with totally different cultures and histories. For sure EU is ineffective. But not because we are whiny cowards. In contrast to the soon fading hegemonial power USA EU still values diversity, opinion and democracy.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AR154

Whatever problems you think you have over in your country, we have them too. Tax dollars paying for our military? Who/what/where?

Historic note: After WWI it was generally believed that Europe was too deep in debt, that the banking and currency systems were too much in disarray for there to be another war. What nearly everyone overlooked was that Germany still had a bone to pick, had some fight left and there was a little Austrian named Hitler.

But to say that England has no more appetite for major war you are in good company with France and Germany. Russia and Turkey are another matter for another day. LOL.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
If one were to center the world upon the the Pacific Ocean instead of the Atlantic, it would be easy to see that this has always been the case.

Europe is actually the backyard of the entire world and England is about the loneliest place on Earth. I once read correspondance between a Chinese Emperor and King George and this particular feature of the world really caught my eye.

It was only a matter of time before europe fell back into its natural position of irrelevance.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Frankly, as long as we consider the world to be comprised of imaginary lines separating us from each other we are doomed to fail to come together not if, but when, the moment comes.

I will not hesitate to help anyone who needs it. I won't care where they were born, or what they look like. All that matters, and all that ever mattered, is what a person thinks. Everything else is crap.

Without the willingness to accept that human suffering is the enemy, we will argue like children, and with the same level of consciousness, will kill, even people who are not deserving.

Whatever we do, we will not survive at each others throats. Recriminations about who's group of elites did what to whom is only of historical value, and bears no connection to the population at large. You have got to realize that past is the creation of the idiots in charge, not the people who were subjected to their 'games'.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Now, I'm no fan of the war or of the way America has been transformed into a caracature of itself in the eyes of m,ost of world ,

Can you quote a source for this information or is this your opinion?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Now, I'm no fan of the war or of the way America has been transformed into a caracature of itself in the eyes of m,ost of world , a swaggering global cowboy...but I am still less a fan of the snivviling, government-coddled Euros who whine and screetch endless complaints about the US while our tax dollars go to pay all the while for their militaries. It's pretty hard to take seriously a bunch of paunchy, sweater-bellie-d cafe welfare cases who whine and stamp their wittle feet beacuse the world isn't treatging them with the dignity they think they are accorded. For some time we have heaed gleeful predictions of an EU/China bloc that would make the big ole bad USA irrelevant, but China seems to have as little respect for the EuroWhiners as the Americans do.

Heh, at least we have an IQ higher than our shoe size, mate. Apparently
you know nothing at all about Europeans. At least we protest and march
against our government when they threaten to take away our rights, you
people just let your government do to you whatever it wants, having a
worsening effect on the rest of the world. You people are the cause of an
immense amount of misery, you've absolutely no right to criticize anyone
at all. You should look at your shoes in shame, and start doing something
to actually improve the situation, instead of making it worse.

To the rest of the world, the American government is an evil force that
threatens to take the entire world into the abyss..and the American people
show themselves to be cowards for doing nothing to stop their government.
You seriously need to look at the massive baobab tree in your eye before
whining about the splinter in the eye of others.

[edit on (24/4/09) by Wehali]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wehali

Heh, at least we have an IQ higher than our shoe size, mate. Apparently
you know nothing at all about Europeans. At least we protest and march
against our government when they threaten to take away our rights,

Get over yourself already.

When your finished patting yourself on the back maybe you can restrain yourself long enough to actually read the topic?

" Global Insight: China sees EU as mere pawn "

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by huckfinn
If one were to center the world upon the the Pacific Ocean instead of the Atlantic, it would be easy to see that this has always been the case.

Europe is actually the backyard of the entire world and England is about the loneliest place on Earth. I once read correspondance between a Chinese Emperor and King George and this particular feature of the world really caught my eye.

It was only a matter of time before europe fell back into its natural position of irrelevance.

What makes you think that...What era are you talking about? Obviously the further in history you go back, the more regions will have their own micro-histories. But I definitely argue that Europe has had the largest/longest impact (worldwide).

[edit on 24-4-2009 by AR154]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
On second thought something just doesn't seem right about this post. I mean my foil hat is shinkeling again. This smells of disinformation.

This could simply be Chinese disinformation to see if they could drive a wedge between the US and EU.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Ch'ien lung's Letter to George III, 1793

Its on the web. Reading correspondence between heads of State is quite entertaining.

But simply viewing google Earth will reveal that the VAST Majority of global economic activity and growth is occuring, will occur, within Nations that touch the Pacific and Indian oceans. I participated in a thread not to long ago where I suggested that America's future lies not across the Atlantic, but across the Pacific.

Europe knows this...I have also accused other posters of disinformation when they attempt to characterize China as a threat to America's security when it seems to me to be a partner.

If I were to play the game of trying to place wedges between neighbors, I'd say that the biggest threat to America's security are Europe, Africa and the Middle East, as they have each have a long history of demanding much of our attention and resources with their internal problems and they are much more closely related to one another than Americans are to any of them.

The economist devotes at least one article a month to the issue of China's emergence. But its obvious that Europe is about to go to a place where they don't want to be. With Chinese advancing into the space age just recently and their investment wealth and American infrastructure and training facilities and only a body of water separating us, Europe looks just about as useful to me as an a$$hole right here (pointing to my elbow).

As far as Europes impact on the world, I suppose if you overlook the fact that many places where conflicts still rage that can be traced to European colonization, yes they have had a positive impact. Thanks for the Machines.

Let's see
...Somalia...Italy...
...Sri Lanka...Britain
...Pakistan...Britain
...Afghanistan...Britain
...Iraq...Britain...
...Israel...Britain
...Northern Africa...Italy
...Congo...Belgium...

It goes on and on with European impact on the world. Frankly, I'm about tired the contributions to the world...but thanks for the memories.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by huckfinn]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by huckfinn

If I were to play the game of trying to place wedges between neighbors, I'd say that the biggest threat to America's security are Europe, Africa and the Middle East, as they have each have a long history of demanding much of our attention and resources with their internal problems and they are much more closely related to one another than Americans are to any of them.

I agree with much of your post. Stared. But not the above so I'll play your game. America's greatest threats will be changing and in the not too distant future Russia will come back for a time to challenge the US and Europe. Turkey is the strongest, most modern and innovative of the Muslim countries situated in a strategic place and will threaten all its neighbors as well as the US. Japan will try to reassert its position in the Pacific because it has no home resources. China will look like an ally to the US. Europe and EU will try to stay out of all conflicts for as long as it can.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
But, I really do feel it is just a game. I don't actually consider any place to be a threat to America, nor do I feel that any nation will become a threat in the near or distant future.

What I do see is the diminishing importance of the concept of the standing Army; wars will be fought via intelligence and law enforcement operations and economic output and with our developing strategic alliance with China we will have plenty of everything we need.

Europe, the middle east and africa should really get together and help one another; they'll need it. After we stop teaching their religions and histories in our schools and stop caring about what is happening within their borders and the oil runs out their is nothing at all we will personally need from them. Good luck!

I don't hate these places, but after their stunning Betrayal of America during this most recent war we won anyway, it'll be a looooooong time before they'll be allowed to speak in our places of importance.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by huckfinn

American ignorance, it always gives me a good laugh.

Europe has been the center of the world for ages. My country alone, slightly bigger than New Jersey, has been the world's biggest power for a very long time, dominating the spice trade with colonies such as South Africa, Indonesia and Sri Lanka. After two devastating wars, we, Europe, have lost our dominant position to America.

How long has the arrogant US of A been a superpower? 60 years and already tumbling down. Boy, it really isn't going to take much longer for the economy to collapse. Then, North America, will fall back into its natural position of irrelevance and isolation.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
America tumbling down? Where do you get your information? Probably from some dark corner on the web.

America was nothing after WWII compared to what it has just become! I have the vision to see that our reputation after WWII was not deserved, we were not what everyone said we were. It wasn't until after we survived the latest plot that we truely became a HyperPower and everyone knows it.

Why would Russia be so freaked out by US, along with our NATO dog, pushing up to their borders? We stand in the midst of the Middle East, d1ck swinging and noone can do anything about it.
Dude...we Won this war..Ha! A big party is starting over here and China, Japan, Korea, etc. are with us.

If you think we were a super power, you aint seen nothing yet. Especially after we extricate the remaining parasites from our system.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by huckfinn]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
you all make me laugh.
The US picking on the EU and the Eu having a go at the US.

It is the politics and not the people, the people are just a product of their enviroment and what they are taught from birth to death.

Not wanting to have a go at the US, but who owns the Federal reserve?
The US is just another British colony once again and the Powers That Be are in control any way.

China out numbers the rest of the world as far as military goes currently due to the one child policy and will be invited into countries as peace keepers rather than invaders.

It does not matter what country you back, borders are irrelevant when it comes to becoming slaves of the Powers that be

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join