It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help on threads.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I need help on a coulple of things. One I wrote a thread and put it in the wrong category.Is there anyway I can transfer it to a new category without having to redo the whole thing.Another is evertime I click the "new thread" button I sit there and write out the whole thread and sumit it,and then it tells me I dont have permission.How do i get around that?One more off topic ,does anyone know how to copy youtube,googlevideo to your computer where you can burn it to dvds.Oh there was one more thing i forgot. How do I fill out the info at the bottom that pops up under "signature" after you post. Thanks for your time

[edit on 23-4-2009 by trey85]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
For threads in the wrong category, you have to ask a mod to move it since they are the only ones with that power aside from supermods and the site owners. They usually catch it and move threads to the appropriate place when they see them, but sometimes threads slip through.

To put something in your signature go to Member Tools on the tool bar, and click ATS account settings. There is a box there to change your signature, just don't forget to click submit.

I'm not sure what you mean about not having permission to post a thread. Try typing posts out in word or notepad so they don't get lost if something goes wrong while posting.

To save youtube videos, I use keepvid.com. The instructions are pretty straight forward and it's free.

Hope all this helps!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
There was talk a while back that to start a new thread you would need to have a certain amount of posts(200 i think), just to stop all the hit a run trolling around. Im not sure if its for all threads or even if its the case, but i remember coming across that

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by trey85

Which thread do you need moved? Provide a link and I'll move it or get another mod to do it if it needs to be moved.

As far not being able to post a thread, you may have inadvertently tried to start one in a forum you need permission to access, such as the Debate forum, the Research forum or the Collaborative Writing forum.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... this is the link i appreciate it

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I have one more newbie question.Ill just add it here for i dont have to start a whole new thread.What is a "troll" . Appreciate the help

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Wikipedia Source Article Here

Welcome Trey85......don't feed the Trolls!
Enjoy your stay.

new topics

top topics

join