It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Crop Circle of 2009?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I believe this could be the first crop circle of 2009.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c4c841184c5.jpg[/atsimg]
Source

The first formation of 2009 has occurred once again in Wiltshire, not far from the Ancient Standing Stones of Avebury...Its appearance has a certain resonance to it, as if it is vibrating within the Oil Seed Rape!

As nice as this is I feel it lacks the complexity of others although the first circle of 2009 deserves a mention. It reminds me of something, can't remember what, something on a phone or computer or something to do with aerials or signal?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Looks kind of like the power button a different electronic devices. I hope the next crop circles to come show a bit more complexity. While this one does look nice, I am sure it took a fair amount of planning and organizing, I would love to see a new circle that staggers the thought. Like, "It's so big and complex, how could anyone, or group of people, make such a circle?" I am sure they'll be here. I am thinking about getting a design together and going out into my uncle's fields and trying to put a circle down. I have always wanted to, if anything, just to find out how hard it really is to put one down, unencumbered, in one night.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Convenient that there are tracks already to the spot. I'd be more interested in why those trees and that mound are still there.
Willing to be proven wrong that i think the 'crop circle' it is of terrestrial origin.

But nice nonetheless.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by ivycutler]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ivycutler

Generally, those tracks are in every field, due to the machinery used I believe. I haven't seen a crop circle in a long time, if ever, that doesn't have those lines, or tracks, in the field. Check out the next few crop circles you see and you'll notice that nearly all of them have the same tracking lines.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
OK lets decrypt this.

5 circles

4 Sections

A tunnel

Looks like a sound device logo you'd see on a computer.

A bulls eye?

hmmm seems almost too simple, what are they trying to convey here I wonder?

wzn

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Looks like a "radiation" symbol to me.

Nothing exciting in the image/message, probably an amateur with a limited amount of string who picked a field with nice, easy to walk down tractor lines.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Similar to part of a TV test pattern from the 50's.

When stations went off air, they put up a test signal all night.

Sometimes there was a picture of a bust of an Indian chief in full headdress.

Pattern seen here: en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 23/4/2009 by Desert Dawg]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to i]

i just meant that it would be easy to walk those tracks to make one if you were so inclined without leaving you own tracks.

or is it that it is well known that all these crop circles are man made and i just think that people still think they are ufo. i'm not up to speed on what the latest theory is.

am sure the farmer gets a wee bit peeveed tho.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

The tracks are where the farmer drives up & down maintaing the land / crop etc.

The circle kind of looks like a propeller a bit or maybe a wifi symbol?

Theres also been two more since...
www.cropcircleconnector.com...

www.cropcircleconnector.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Nerbot is on here.

When I saw it, I saw two-thirds of a radiation symbol.

Still, way too easily fakable.

There are some that surprise me, yet all I've seen have either aesthetic properties (like a picture), or a simple mathematical equation at their root...not that aliens wouldn't use a mathematical equation mind you.

EDIT: Nice Crop. Although, the other two look a bit...off(?) don't they? Not exactly what I would call symmetrical. :/ Oh well. Nice to see something a bit on the lighter side.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by lagnar]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
As much as I would like to believe in crop circles, I really don't see what they are trying to say.
Some of them are so elaborate that any meaning would be lost.

Simple designs would be the best way to communicate just as hand signals can be used to train a dog.

even though this one looks very simple, it would be easy for a small group to use the furrows as a pathway to measure out the design.

I would much prefer a design not to have furrows running through it.
That would give it a bit more credability to me.

And those furrows can be used as tracks for the irrigation

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
I believe this could be the first crop circle of 2009.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c4c841184c5.jpg[/atsimg]
Source

The first formation of 2009 has occurred once again in Wiltshire, not far from the Ancient Standing Stones of Avebury...Its appearance has a certain resonance to it, as if it is vibrating within the Oil Seed Rape!

As nice as this is I feel it lacks the complexity of others although the first circle of 2009 deserves a mention. It reminds me of something, can't remember what, something on a phone or computer or something to do with aerials or signal?

I may just be nuts as I have been told on too many occasions to remember; but, I can see a very faint image that looks to me like an alien face at the top center of the picture. Rounded head, eyes, nose and a kind of pointed chin. The chin is actually inside the circle and I can even make out a thin neck as well.

Can anyone else see this? LOL I probably am nuts.

[edit on 4/23/2009 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarrylGalasso

Kinda wish I hadn't

I scrolled back up to the picture thinking "there couldn't possibly... omg there it is."

It's very very faint but I can see what you see.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I recognize it as the symbol on the loading screen of every animation produced by Weebls-Stuff

The bottom left of the weebls-stuff homepage reads: Weebl’s Stuff is a company registered in England and Wales.

Perhaps marketing for this website?

Edited to add a screengrab of the loading page to better explain my point:

[edit on 24-4-2009 by danj3ris]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Originally posted by DarrylGalasso

Kinda wish I hadn't

I scrolled back up to the picture thinking "there couldn't possibly... omg there it is."

It's very very faint but I can see what you see.

OK that for me is a good thing lol it means one of two things. Either I am not nuts, or I have company lol.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
Looks kind of like the power button a different electronic devices. I hope the next crop circles to come show a bit more complexity. While this one does look nice, I am sure it took a fair amount of planning and organizing, I would love to see a new circle that staggers the thought. Like, "It's so big and complex, how could anyone, or group of people, make such a circle?" I am sure they'll be here. I am thinking about getting a design together and going out into my uncle's fields and trying to put a circle down. I have always wanted to, if anything, just to find out how hard it really is to put one down, unencumbered, in one night.

then you need to rent a copter to take photos of it or tie a camera to a baloon on a string or kite and take pictures of it to see how mangled and squiggly your circles are.
also try it on a field that is hilly but make sure the circles are completely precise and symmetrical when viewed from above. now THAT would be a challenge hmm?
then make sure you insert a layer of magnetized iron exactly x inches under the soil.. not a or b but x and the layer has to cover the entire circle.
also make sure you don't break ANY plants.. but ONLY bend them 90 degrees exactly at their nodules.

THEN you can claim you've done it .. or at least done it as the complex ones are done.

oh yeah and don't try to put a pole in the middle with a string tied to it ..towalk around to try to get it to be a perfect circle..
people immediately look for the pole-hole..
you'll have to try other methods..
also.. no footprints or access trail .. cannot show signs that you were there.

-

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
David Wilcox mentions this crop circle on this radio program

and good news

Check out The 2012 Enigma by David Wilcock

Google Video Link

This is interesting

[edit on 24-4-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

Hahaha! I saw it straight away! That is freaky, very well spotted.

reply to post by HulaAnglers

Some quality stuff there thanks. Have you seen much of Nassim Haramein's ideas on crop circles? He has some good ideas about the crazy ones near the radio telescope, suggested replies to the SETI broadcast. Check it out if you haven't. It's a long one:
video.google.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ivycutler

I think some of them are ET in origin, not all. This one doesn't seem to be. Some of them actually do pop up literally overnight and are uber detailed. I mean some of them are just wow. If they are hoaxes the hoaxer is a real artist. Personally I think some of them are ET.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Yeah spot on. Things like those in HulaAnglers' post could well be, they're so complex and geometrically perfect, it's unlikely that they were made by pranksters.
As a side note, a couple of years back, I ws visiting this area around Avebury, checking out the stone ring there and the one at Stonehenge. On the side of Silbury Hill (a massive prehistoric burial mound), we saw a group of people making something very similar to the OP's circle. Less rings, but very similar.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join