It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coverup of soldier's suicide after she was ordered to torture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Appalled when ordered to take part in interrogations that, no doubt, involved what we would call torture, she refused, then killed herself a few days later, in September 2003.
Alyssa Peterson was one of the first female soldiers killed in Iraq. A cover-up, naturally, followed.
According to official records, she died on Sept. 15, 2003, from a "non-hostile weapons discharge."
Peterson objected to the interrogation techniques used on prisoners. She refused to participate after only two nights working in the unit known as the cage. Army spokespersons for her unit have refused to describe the interrogation techniques Alyssa objected to. They say all records of those techniques have now been destroyed."
She said that she did not know how to be two people; she ... could not be one person in the cage and another outside the wire."
A report in The Arizona Daily Sun of Flagstaff -- three years after Alyssa's death -- revealed that Spc. Peterson's mother, Bobbi Peterson, reached at her home in northern Arizona, said that neither she nor her husband Richard had received any official documents that contained information outlined in Elston's report.

In other words: Like the press and the public, even the parents had been kept in the dark.

U.S. Soldier Who Killed Herself--After Refusing to Take Part in Torture

Shocking.
I didn't know about this until I heard somebody on CNN mention it. I did a search and found this new article on the subject.

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I can't believe you didn't get any replies on this! I just saw you post on a recent thread and I can tell you are a critical thinker.

I think this incident is very typical of the U.S Army. how wrong it is?, is debatable, but at the end of the day, a cover up is always wrong because it hides the truth.

Thanks for the info bud.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Was it suicide or was she silenced for threatening to talk about what went on in there? The only reason I can see for those documents to have been destroyed is to cover up illegal activity. Can't have any loose ends around for those history books to uncover.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
You know I am very surprised as well that this isn't receiving any attention. A girl who disagrees with torture and orders tells her superiors no and ends up dead a couple days later. If there isn't some conspiracy theories to pull from there I don't think any exist anywhere.

new topics

top topics

join