It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We Handle The Truth?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I doubt the public really want to know, period about all the truth. One day we may get to know of aliens, but we never will find out any truths.

I doubt the alien stuff will come out in my life.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
no we cant handle the truth...

We cant even admit we dont know why we are here.. what makes you think you will stop asking questions when aliens come down here and say HI...

Do you think the life you live will change? it will fall all about you.

"you entire life is a lie" so why stop the lie?

=)

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

I don't think this is a question of being more sophisticated, but a question of how easy it is to communicate with many people in very little time, our capability of communication has been changed in these years.

And if you want to see how ATS members accepted something like that you can see the War of the Worlds reenactment that was made in 2004 and how people reacted.

PS: re-reading my posts on that thread shows how I have changed my way of thinking about what is posted.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Oh yes, the religious types woult totaly freak out!
Like they did when they discovered that the stars were not nailed to a firnament... well, ok they didnt freak out, just burned ricardo bruno and moved on.
Or like they did when thy discovered dinosaurs! No wait.... they didnt feak out then either
Or like they did when they split the atom! ... hmm guess they missed that ...

why again should religious people freak out when they discover dinosaurs?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Everybody thinks they can handdle the truth. I thik if you can handle and abduction without nervous breakdown maybe you can be entitle to know the truth or part of it, but i must say that 99% of people here on the forum will have a nervous breakdown!

Eeverybody thinks that handling the truth is:someday the gov says " yes aliens exist" and eveyrbody will still have their normal life, like nothing happens, business has usual, what if they say "aliens exist, they have tech thousands of years of ours, they have been abducting people from endless times and they can do it at will, almost everybody in the world have been abducted and erase it from their memories, why they do it we dont know" I think everybody on earth will have a shift, and nervous breakdown, you and your family will feel insecure even in your house.

Can you handle that? can you handle seeing an alien being just 2 feet from you and not know what is going to happen next (good thing or bad thing)???

ask yourself first this question.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The original question posed what how would people react if they showed themselves in a way that was undeniable and had benevolent motives.

I think that the reaction would be so mixed that a sort of attitude civil war would happen. People like me and many that I know would be thrilled, I would be excited beyond measure and so would most of my family as many have had sightings over the past 45 years! Then there would be the fearful for any number of reasons, political, religious or social. I think they would start a small panic but the reasonable would eventually calm them down.

I think after the initial shock wears off, and I do agree that many will be completely traumatized by this, anger will set in. With all the talk for all of these years about UFO's and alien visitation, many are going to be furious with government and the media and that alone could cause more social problems than the initial shock!

Of course people will not go to work, a public emergency will be called, people will be glued to their televisions and computers to stay abreast of all releases of information. That would be a good time to stay home and let the panic subside. I hope it happens, I would be thrilled to finally know the truth, or as much as we could get. Likely they would never admit if they have been involved with government so there would still be many questions.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I think we can definitely handle the truth. The only thing is we probably won't ever get the truth. Our government lies to us about everything, I don't imagine this would be any different.

I think this whole alien disclosure thing is an attempt to hide something bigger or equal to in comparison. Watch the left hand because we don't want you to know what the right hand is doing type thing.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

In my opinion, there are three main reasons that our government SHOULD withhold absolute evidence of any extra-terristrial intelligent life forms.

1. RELIGION It would cause such an up-heaval within all religious groups concerning the formation,foundations, basic truths of the origins of our humanity. (are we hybrids,cross-pollenated, separate and distinct creations??)
2. HUMAN MORALITY: What then is the new foundation of our human morality? Are we to adopt our alien civilizations' viewpoints over our own?
3, TECHNOLOGICAL SUPERIORITY: KNOWLEDGE OF Advances within a specific nation over which it can completely rule, subdue,subjugate, control the new laws of phyicis would immediately start a nuclear war! Imagine our responses of finding Iran could now subdue Ameria without any losses to their populace or infrastructure! Do you think for a moment we wouldn't act in our own self-preservation?? DO you think for one minute that Israel wouldn't attack with nuclear weapons, any Arab/Muslim populations that could completely dominate it without damage to that country????

If we have or have had specific and unique knowledge and intensive cooperation with an outside-off planet biological entities, we should never divulge it>>>>>>>until those entities introduce themselves to the whole world at one time. And of this I don't think that it would be smart to do so. I think America should act surprised and keep it's mouth shut!aka plausible denialability!!

Final observation: As a Christian, our scripture(Holy Bible) describes that our God(Yahweh) Jehovah our creator, DID create several levels of demensional beings. Angelic(Spirit) and Human + the planet creatures of all descriptions(plant animal phylums subphylums etc. This truth reveals to us that we are part of a larger more wonderful plan!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm sure most people would take it in stride. The vast majority of people in the world are living a fairly marginal existence, trying to scratch out a living through agriculture or sweatshop jobs. The notion that there may be aliens around wouldn't much affect them as they struggle to feed their kids and keep a roof over their heads.

Here in the US, we've seen so many movies about aliens, Star Trek, Star Wars, etc., etc., that we're already prepared to encounter them for real. I sometimes wonder whether all those science fiction movies are a way to desensitize the public to the idea of aliens. Especially if real aliens look more human than the bug-eyed monsters often portrayed.

If we've been in contact with aliens for some time now, that probably means they're not planning to wipe us out. Had they been, we'd be gone already. If this is the case (and I don't think it is), then the secrecy has probably been kept in order to ease the public into the idea of aliens. However, I don't think governments are capable of continuing a secret for any length of time.

If they're new, then all bets are off, though again - if they wanted to wipe us out, they could probably do it without much trouble. Just by getting here they've shown themselves to be more technologically advanced than we are. If their intent is hostile, then surely they needn't tip-toe around pretending they don't exist. We have the technology to vaporize cities; surely they also have this ability, if they choose to do it.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
WE ARE ONE

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It looks pretty much the government think we can't handle the truth...they even hide the data from birdstrikes! Imagine disclosing Alien life form!

The FAA had long argued the public can't handle the full truth about bird strikes, so it withheld the names of specific airports and airlines involved while releasing only aggregated data. The agency said the public might use the data to "cast unfounded aspersions" on those who reported strikes and the airports and airlines in turn might turn in fewer voluntary reports.

External link

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
More difficult still,would be accepting the possibilty that we are alone....you would have to start from scratch and figure how this could be....?

There may be other life in this universe,but it seems it is trying to avoid us...if it is there..

Pray tell why?.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Bring on the truth.

Every person needs to handle the truth.

Bring it on, and avoid all the lies and the cover ups.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeus2573

I think you are giving people to much credit. If there’s one thing that history teaches us, is that humans are worst then animals when their faith or perception is challenged. Pretty soon it would come down to, did God make them before us? Or how about, they (E.T’s.) and not God is our creator. Talk about a religious revolution. Religious fanatics would call them Demons and quote scriptures in the bible as means to back up their ludicrous claims. Next we’ll hear about some bone head shooting a Visitor, and in turn cause an interstellar disaster!

People like to feel we are in control of our lives. The news of Alien beings that are more advanced and or powerful, would certainly pose a threat to many individuals. Not just to the religiously devote, but also to those in power (Namely government entities).

From a religious perspective, only those who are not fanatics will be able to accept this paradox. Why do you think the Vatican has changed its faith to include aliens as “They too! Are creations of God and as such they are our brothers”. Sound ridiculous? Well those were the tabloids in a Vatican news paper some time last year. What are they preparing their people for? Could it be the implications are far to numerous for the church not to include?

Then we have Governments. Specifically, those whom have no knowledge or have not done their job at sensitizing their people to the possibility of extraterrestrial life forms on earth. I think KAOS is what would follow.

Humans are far to content knowing… Uhmm, thinking we are at the top of the food chain.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beowolfs
Why do you think the Vatican has changed its faith to include aliens as “They too! Are creations of God and as such they are our brothers”. Sound ridiculous? Well those were the tabloids in a Vatican news paper some time last year. What are they preparing their people for? Could it be the implications are far to numerous for the church not to include?
The Vatican did not "changed its faith" to include aliens, it was only the chief astronomer's opinion, not the official Catholic Church's position.

And I think that if people saw the ETs as a good thing they would accept them, even if they do not know them.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The Vatican chief astronomer would not be caught saying something like that with out the express permission of the high ranks at vatican counsel.

He may be an astronomer, but he still is a representative of the Vatican faith. If the pope and or other Vatican officials did not share those sentiments, then that paper would not have made it out to the public. Or there would have been a statement given by the chief astronomer at a later time apologizing for such an outburst of personal opinion.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Beowolfs]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Beowolfs

I know we are moving to an off-topic region, but I have to answer that.

Things do not work like that, the astronomer can have his own opinions and he is free to say them to whoever he wants, with no need of special authorisations.

And all Christians are supposed to be representative of the Vatican's faith, the faith it's the same.

The Catholic church gives more freedom to their members than most people (usually not Catholics) think, and the fact that they have high ranking posts does not reduce their freedom.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I know we are not supposed to move off topic but i agree with your here. The thread i think has run it's course from it's original topic so take it anywhere you wish

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join