It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked Wizard Tasered at Coachella

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Dont you see that if you are high on drugs and running around naked with your penis hanging out at a public event that you are breaking the law?

Children should not have to see such things in public as a parent I take exception to your opinion that it is acceptable.

If you love it so much, invite him to your home and you can both do it all day long, the Police will not care.

Whats next? he shows up at a public park to do the same thing or maybe he can put on a show in front of a school

You are trying to turn a pervert into some type of poster boy for Police abuse or Martyr, that's pretty disgusting.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Originally posted by elevatedone

So you're okay with people being outdoors with no clothes on?

I'm not. Where there children around?

Are you saying you think it preferable for children to witness a man forced to the ground, have his hair pulled, get "knee-dropped" in the gut, and be repeatedly tazered in a way that has killed many people in the past, than to see a little more skin than they're used to and a "wee-wee" smaller than their own?

I know which I'd rather my children saw.

If I'd been there I'd have stepped forward and stripped off in protest.

Remind me to never let my children go over to your house, but seriously how could you make a statement like that?

I would rather my child see the Police correcting some disturbing, perverted and illegal behavior so that they can have some contrast in life, so that they can know what is acceptable and what is not.

I am sure that if we look at who this so called victim of Police abuse is, we will find that he has issues and a prior arrest history for things much like this.

I am not a fan of Police abuse but I am an absolute enemy of attacking Police Officers for doing their jobs, a job that 90% of the people here would not be able to do.

There is a time and place for everything and it seems just because you approve of a naked man high on drugs being around your children does not mean anyone else has to.

Had he complied none of this would have happened so this is all his fault not the Police Officers.

[edit on 6/16/2009 by samhouston1886]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It was funny when he kept slapping the officers shoulder and sort of clawed at it. The cops showed some restraint due to the crowd, although tasing a dude in the neck seems pretty unrestrained.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Would have been better if they made him dress up as a ballerina then beat him with wiffle ball bats for a while before they tazed him. It was ok though. Come on. If you are naked in public expect the worst.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Some of the reply's in this forum just go to show you what type of "NUTS" there are in the world. "No problem with public nudity!" What the hell! O.K. so lets change a law that's been in place for what, maybe hundreds of years, in one day so that a guy at a stupid sports event can take his clothes off and show everyone what he's got-or maybe not got. You absolutely do not have the RIGHT to be naked in public, period, end of story. Want to be naked in your house, fine, in your backyard with a privacy fence, fine, I'll even go as far to say, Naked in your car, fine! This is definately an act that would outrage the sense of public decency! No kids around, sure, would you take your kid over to see a guy who was naked at a sports event! That's why you didn't see any kids in the video. No parent in their right mind would bring there kid within a mile of that incident. But I would bet that there were some there at the complex. KUDOS to the cops. They did exactly what they were trained to do. They tired to reason with the guy, they exhuausted all verbal attempts. Then when they tried arrest him, he tensed his arms up and started to squirm about. You could hear them giving him commands to stop resisting, and put his hands behind his back. He refused to comply. So he go TASERED. Think three cops could get one guy handcuffed? Think again! We have a little course that we at our department offer to the public. It's called Citizen's Police Academy. Basically it's a police academy for citizen's. They learn just what it's like to be a cop and to do a cop's job. Some of you should really think about taking such a course! During the course one of the instructors will lye down on the floor with his hands clasped underneath him. They will then get three to four volunteer's from the class to come up and try to get his hands out from underneath him. They absolutely can not do it! So yhea, let's just wrestle with a naked man all day. Even after being tasered he still did not comply with verbal commands. The cops had to struggle with this guy until the got him cuffed. DO NOT ASSUME TO KNOW THE LAW UNLESS YOU HAVE STUDIED THE LAW, AND HAVE USED YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THE LAW TO APPLY IT IN A CRIMINAL INCIDENT. DO NOT ASSUME TO KNOW THE LAWS OF USING FORCE ON A PERSON UNLESS YOU HAVE STUDIED THE LAWS OF USE OF FORCE AND HAVE APPLIED THAT KNOWLEDGE DURING A CRIMINAL INCIDENT.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
reply to post by drwizardphd

So you're okay with people being outdoors with no clothes on?

I'm not. Where there children around?

As a pagan, I am perfectly OK with nudity outdoors, I have practiced it on occasion.

Were their children around? Might have been. Does it matter? No, because this was not a sexual thing. Not everyone equates nudity with sexuality, and in most places in the world, it is not uncommon or unheard of for parents and children to bathe together, or walk around their homes naked depending on weather or wash day.

There was nothing sexual, and if there were children present, they were raised by pagan parents who most likely do not see nudity as something to hide from their children, since nudity is not a sexual thing in paganism.

This guy was at a pagan festival, no?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

How do you determine what is sexual or not?
Do you know him or anything about him other than what the video shows?
Haven't you ever heard of sexual deviants flashing people in public?
Why does the flasher go to jail and this guy is a hero?

Showing your penis to everyone that walks past you at is not protected under any law so please stop insisting that this would have not been harmful to children.

Have you ever had to deal with sexual deviants on a professional level?

Have you ever dealt with a child that has been damaged by an adult that thought it was no big deal to do what they did?

Some of the ones I dealt with had your same mentality, they thought they knew what was better for the child than the parent.

If it is for religious purposes he would do well to practice it in the comfort and privacy of his own home or somewhere where the public wont have to deal with it.

I challenge you to try this although I know you wont.
Go to your local super market and print out fliers and DVD's of this "abuse", explain that it was religiously necessary for him to get naked and high on drugs at an event where children were present and ask them to support you in going after the Cops, after the third time you are assaulted it may knock some sense into you.

As I understand it your word is not the law on the books no mater how much you hope and pray that the world will accept men running around naked, high on drugs at public events, I doubt that it will ever become an accepted practice.

You take a poll of 100, 1,000, 10,000 or more people on this and you will lose by a landslide,

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by samhouston1886

Yes, I know what is sexual and what is not. Obviously you consider anything naked "sexual".

I know what pagan gatherings are like, as I have been to some. Some allow nudity, some don't. Most do. This guy wasn't "flashing" people, and since you are unlikely a pagan, you probably wouldn't understand the whole concept of being "skyclad".

I don't need to work with abuse victims on a professional level, I have known several personally, including family members. You have no point here. This guy isn't flashing kids to get off, otherwise, the cops and bystanders would have behaved very differently.

The guy was doing it as part of a celebratory act of his faith. Nudity is not a sexual thing amongst pagans, but I doubt you will be able to grasp this fact.

it is people who see nudity as a sexual thing is where you get the flashers and perverts.

Edit to add: As this was at a festival where the people present were predominantly pagans or other alternate religious beliefs, they weren't "public" in the sense that this guy was running around in the streets.

I'm sure if you went to a supermarket in a Baptist area, the majority of people polled would vote that catholic priests should never be allowed within 500 feet on women and children.

Thus, your point is invalid. Catholics, just as pagans, are protected in religous practice.

Nudist colonies also have children in them.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I don't need to understand being "Sky clad" anymore than you have to understand why Jews don't eat pork.

If this man was a Rabbi this whole forum would be going Ape S.

Regardless of how you feel about it being naked in public is against the law.
A jury will convict him based on the video evidence.
He became combative after he ignored MANY requests to put his clothes on.
The fact that you are defending a man who was on drugs and naked in a venue where children are present tells me that you have issues.

I don't care to have my child exposed to someone who is "Sky Clad" any more than someone who is a member of nambla, just like you they think its great to expose your penis to children you don't know.

They say they do it for love, you say its religious.

Go tell the people that you know who have been abused how you feel about this

Go to your neighbors door. McDonalds or the Pharmacy naked and explain when the Cops show up that its not sexual, you will find despite your own beliefs a night in jail will surely result.

Maybe you will understand that your whimsical desire and or defense of the right to be naked around children is superseded by the right of the children to move about in public in peace.

The men who keep the peace showed up and took him away by force.
Do this in Mexico or Poland or Japan the response will be the same.

As far as the nudist colony goes you don't have a point, those children are conditioned for it and they grow up around it, its on private property and sanctioned by the land owners and Parents in advance, not randomly as with this weirdo.

Here is a link to a Poll I made lets see if people vote
www.snappoll.com...
edit for link

[edit on 6/16/2009 by samhouston1886]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by brigand

00:52 He assualted the officer.

You DO NOT touch officers of the law!

Also his penis is nearly non-existant!

There is nothing beautiful about an out of shape man with a pony tale and no pener.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by OKCBtard]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by samhouston1886

I don't need to understand being "Sky clad" anymore than you have to understand why Jews don't eat pork.

I know why Jews don't eat pork. it is considered an unclean animal. It has cloven hooves, but does not chew cud, thus,, according to the Torah, it is forbidden.

However, it has nothing to do with this.

If this man was a Rabbi this whole forum would be going Ape S.

probably because, like Christianity, nudity around non-spouses is a sin for Jews, and thus, a Rabbi would be comitting a very un-Jewish act wandering around in front of people naked.

Regardless of how you feel about it being naked in public is against the law.
A jury will convict him based on the video evidence.

I'm sure they will. That is not the point.

He became combative after he ignored MANY requests to put his clothes on.
The fact that you are defending a man who was on drugs and naked in a venue where children are present tells me that you have issues.

I'm afraid you are the one with issues, not I. You obviously have no desire to understand the context of said gathering, nor the context of the people in it. I have no issues, you do.

I don't care to have my child exposed to someone who is "Sky Clad"

Then don't attend a pagan festival, pure and simple.

any more than someone who is a member of nambla,

Sigh. these people aren't NA

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

www.coachella.com...

NO Drugs & Drug Paraphernalia

Well there is a rule he already broke, probably what led to him breaking the second rule.

CALIFORNIA CODES SECTION 314-318.6 (as of 6/2000): Every person who willfully and lewdly, either: 1. Exposes his person, or the private parts thereof, in any public place, or in any place where there are present other persons to be offended or annoyed thereby; or, 2. Procures, counsels, or assists any person so to expose himself or take part in any model artist exhibition, or to make any other exhibition of himself to public view, or the view of any number of persons, such as is offensive to decency, or is adapted to excite to or thoughts or acts, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

The bottom line is that its the law and unlike many on the books I think its a fair one.

Again you are trying to turn this into a religious issue, a true Pagan would probably have a lot more common sense than this.

Someone disciplined in any religion knows there is a time and a place, a Mohel does not perform the circumcision at the mall or movie theater does he?

I am really at a loss to understand how you can possibly think think that this was some type of brave act and then have the nerve to go after the Cops who were just doing their jobs.

The courts will decide this.

According to what I have have found Coachella is a music festival, not a Pagan gathering.

I think that we are wasting each others time on this, you think its ok to show your penis in public and I do not, no amount of arguing between us will change this.

On my side I have the Law and on your side you have your opinions.
I encourage you to go out and put your theories to test in the real world.

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join