It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Johnny_Sokko

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hello all. Just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. I'm a middle-aged HVAC tech who lives in PA. I like hanging out with friends, dominating the grill, and playing my BC Rich guitar hooked up to my Randall half stack. (Tubes rule!)

Unfortunately, all that has been put on the back burner recently. Since I just woke up, it seems that there are more pressing matters that need to be taken care of. I do confess, that it's very difficult to determine what is real vs what is unreal or exaggerated - and even more difficult to try and educate family and friends. It makes me feel like I'm the crazy one sometimes. Can't eat, can't sleep, and things actually look really different when I go out. I can't explain it......nothing looks the same. Maybe that's normal for just waking up......I dunno.

Anyway, some of you old timers might be able to relate to my name. For those that don't, I'd like to share with you the saddest day in the life of Johnny Sokko. For some reason, this stuck with me as a child.

See yous on the boards.

The Sadest Day In Nostalgic History!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hey Johnny, welcome to ATS.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
welcome to the ATS.

enjoy your stay but dont touch anything, the vases are expencive and i hate cleaning choclate covered finger prints off the doors.

seriously though dont touch anything.

EDIT TO ADD: That vid you posted I watched that movie on Mystery Science Theater
God that movie was stupid but it was supper funny with 2 robots and some dude watching it with you. man the good old days..I cant remember what that movie was called though

[edit on 15pmu22007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome.

The series was called Johnny Sokko And His Flying Robot. When I was a little kid, in the early 70's, that's pretty much all I watched. Well, that and UltraMan. He kicked some butt too. Those shows were from a time whey you had to get up and turn the knob on your tv to change the channel. lol There are also 10 full episodes here:

www.hulu.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Greetings Johnny,

Guillotine's explosion from that day gave me more reserve energy than I'll ever need. And
I've been completely rebuilt and upgraded by Dr. Lucius Guardian. (yes, he's still alive too!)

I've even been fitted with a 1/4" guitar jack (with tube pre-amp), Brian Moore USB, and Roland G-Series interface. I can run NI Guitar Rig, along with many other pro audio apps and plug-ins as well.

Good to see you again. Maybe we'll jam sometime. See you around...

GR

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Welcome!

And yes tubes rule!! only one way to play those, and it's loud!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnny_Sokko

Welcome Sokko, don't forget your tuff skin suit before entering. As sometimes it can be a little hard to deal with some posters. Overall you shouldn't have any problems. Tin foil is optional but preffered. Have fun and see you on the boards.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by synchro

I've even been fitted with a 1/4" guitar jack (with tube pre-amp), Brian Moore USB, and Roland G-Series interface. I can run NI Guitar Rig, along with many other pro audio apps and plug-ins as well.

Good to see you again. Maybe we'll jam sometime. See you around...

GR

Are you referring to the NI Guitar Rig Kontrol edition or is it just software? Their stuff looks pretty sweet. I've been playing for over 20 years but not professionally. I've stuck with Digitech since I first bought their RP-5. Right now I'm using the Digitech gnx4 which is pretty cool. Built in drum machine, 8 track recorder and comes with Pro Tracks Plus software. Pretty good stuff for 'round $400.

Keep on jammin' my friend - and thanks for the reply.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Hey Johny welcome to ATS.

Spike

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hello Johnny. Welcome to ATS!

new topics

top topics

join