It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Exclusive: Secret tally has 87,000 Iraqis dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

AP Exclusive: Secret tally has 87,000 Iraqis dead

news.yahoo.com

BAGHDAD – A previously undisclosed Iraqi government tally obtained by The Associated Press shows that at least 87,215 Iraqis have been killed in violence since 2005.

An in-depth AP review shows the total for the entire war exceeds 110,000 Iraqis. That figure is based on the government tally and counts of casualties from earlier years from hospital sources and media reports.

A government official shared the Iraqi death tally on condition of anonymity, providing the most authoritative accounting to date of the war's toll.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I knew the violence has been really bad but this total is shocking. The total death toll exceedes 110000. So much for hearts and minds. THis is just those that had official notice. It could be even higher. The total are from 2005 to present.

I can imagine why they wanted to keep this quiet. Rumsfields management of this debacle really needs to be looked at. It clear from the get go there was not enough troops on the ground to do the job from day one.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The post from a couple days ago...

"Top 20 Censored News Stories of 2008"

had over 1 million Iraqis dead as one of the top censored stories...

So what is the truth?!?!?!?!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
One has to wonder how many of those were innocent bystanders...women and children...who did NOTHING WRONG.

I'm disgusted at the world we live in.

I'm disgusted with what the Bush administration did.

I'm disgusted with this administration.

We need some real freaking change..I am tired of our country using 'us' to fund this crap!

So many lives lost...including our soldiers...and for what?

A LIE.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I probably won't be the first to bring this up.

The military and government count 'casualties' by a very unusual set of guidelines. It depends on where you were injured, what position you were in when it happened, and other such 'circumstances' before they include your death in their 'statistics.'

They will stand by their numbers; because they constructed them for a reason.

We are living in times when our government is 'creating' the historical record according to their ideology, not reality. Much of what we are taught in school is subject to this corruption of truth. And many, MANY, historians and academicians KNOW this to be true.

new topics

top topics

join