It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton: Cheney Not a Reliable Source

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Clinton: Cheney Not a Reliable Source

voices.washingtonpost.com

House Republicans today tried to pummel Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton with questions about the administration's decision to release Justice Department memos permitting tough interrogation techniques of detainees, but she gave no ground.

At one point during Clinton's hearing before the House Foreign Affairs Committee, Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-Calif.) cited former vice president Richard Cheney, who has claimed that the administration is suppressing documents that show a more positive picture of the effectiveness of techniques and also that the Bush administration tried to cor
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
politics.theatlantic.com

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
How convenient.
I'll not answer a simple yes or no question, I'll just try to avoid the question, babble and wait till someone comes to my rescue.
Whew!

video here

Her boss is picking and choosing which documents are to be released.
WHY?

Because if the American public knew the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, Obama's "popularity" will be at risk, and we all know it's all about popularity with this man.

Apparently there is no backbone required to be Prez anymore.

voices.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Now just were are those WMD cheney the dick was emphatically certain that were there?

He has been wrong so many times it isn't funny... he just sounds so sure of himself though it must be true.

Yeah right.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Now just were are those WMD cheney the dick was emphatically certain that were there?

He has been wrong so many times it isn't funny... he just sounds so sure of himself though it must be true.

Yeah right.

If he is wrong then why not release what he is asking for? I remember President Obama saying something during the primaries about bipartionship.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

You honestly believe that Cheney, who will very likely face prosecution for his involvement in the illegal torturing of detainees, is going to be giving reliable information?

He's been blatantly lying to the American public for over 9 years now, why would he stop when the blame lands in his corner?

And despite all of this, torture is still illegal under international law. So regardless of how effective Mr. Cheney thinks torture was, it doesn't justify it in any sense.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Originally posted by grover

Yeah right.

If he is wrong then why not release what he is asking for? I remember President Obama saying something during the primaries about bipartionship.

Yes, and George W. Bush said he had capital, he earned the capital and he intended to spend it (2004). He stonewalled the opposition and ignore legislation with his "signing statements". How do you think he did with his bipartisanship and more importantly how do you think he did with his capital?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

Why is it that everytime someone mentions President Obama in a less then flattering tone/subject the immediate response is that W did the same thing.

I thought President Obama was voted in because people were tired of the "same old policies"? If he keeps doing things the way W did then didn't we just elect another W?

Besides that why are people using the excuse of well W did it as an excuse? I thought people hated him? Why the comparision?

Your post did nothing to answer my question. President Obama promised bipartisonship and to show that he ment it why not just release what Cheney is asking for?

You know show both sides of the arguement.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
They way I see, Obama didn't even have to release any of these records in teh first place, and I am kinda shocked that he has.

So people first are screaming that this will put the country in harm. Now they are screaming that Obama is hiding something.

There is certain information in those documents that al quida can use and train their troops by. So they can't release ALL info, or we might as well set up our own training camp and show them how our interrogation techniques work.

Of course Cheney wants them released. Then the al queda can use it, attacks happen, and then Cheney can say i told you so. Then it will justify all his Doom Turrets as JS calls it.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Why is it that everytime someone mentions President Obama in a less then flattering tone/subject the immediate response is that W did the same thing.

I thought President Obama was voted in because people were tired of the "same old policies"? If he keeps doing things the way W did then didn't we just elect another W?

Besides that why are people using the excuse of well W did it as an excuse? I thought people hated him? Why the comparision?

Your post did nothing to answer my question. President Obama promised bipartisonship and to show that he ment it why not just release what Cheney is asking for?

What official role does Cheney now hold with the Congress or the Republican party for that matter? I didn't say President Obama is doing the same thing as GWB - far from it.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Cheney is the lowest dung beetle in the history of modern US politics.
Cheney has the credibility of Bernie Madoff.
Anyone who goes to Cheney to get information is not only stupid but
mentally ill.
Like John Stewart said, "Why is anyone going to this guy with questions?
Didn't he get everything wrong?"

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Yeah well matter of opinion I guess, but even the Boy Who Cried Wolf got it right once. This country cannot take the risk of suffering the same fate.

Besides, this isn't about Cheney anyway.
Why must you stand with the side that has decided on selective disclosure when Obama has promised full transparency?

Maybe he meant selective transparency.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey

What official role does Cheney now hold with the Congress or the Republican party for that matter? I didn't say President Obama is doing the same thing as GWB - far from it.

He is in the middle of this whole situation. As long as they keep this topic alive he will have a voice in it. Memos that put him in a bad light (worse then what was on him before) are being released. He is asking for memos to be released that show what he okayed actually did save some lives on American and Foreign soil. As he is a Republican and is not being allowed to distance himself from Washington he is very much apart of DC.

Therfor where is the bipartanship?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Thread Title - Clinton: Cheney Not a Reliable Source

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Yeah, because everyone knows that Clinton is a reliable source.

If the documents don't fit what she's saying, she'll just get Sandy Berger to steal them.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
At the risk of sidetracking the thread, or not really adding to the conversation, I love this skit by Dana Carvey, in particular the stuff about Dick Cheney.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

The same exact reason why, durring the entirety of the Bush Administration, everytime anyone mentioned the misdeeds of W, or referenced his Administration in a less than flattering light(lets say War Crimes, Torture, Illegal Invasions, Illegal Detention without Due Process, No-Bid Reconstruction Contracts, Cronyism, etc.) his supporters brought up Bill Clinton's penis...and where it should or should not have been.

And why not release what Cheney is asking for? Maybe to do so would endanger national security...

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

"It depends on how you define this---"
"It depends on what the meaning of the words 'this' is" because in a nutshell, the heart of the matter is that THIS is actually all about the disclosure of documents.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

"It depends on how you define this---"
"It depends on what the meaning of the words 'this' is" because in a nutshell, the heart of the matter is that THIS is actually all about the disclosure of documents.

Why would you pollute your own thread with off-topic ramblings? I assume you're referring to Clinton's "is" remarks during the Lewinsky trial?

You are aware that the Clinton in the article you presented in your OP is in fact Hillary Clinton, right?

And the article is about Cheney's reliability as a source of information. Which he has proven time and time again that he's not.

Do you even read the article you posted?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by madhatr137

Thats very conveniant.

The memos showing torture doesn't work is okay for release, but showing the instances that it does work could endanger national security.

Very conveniant.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Actually he was just clearing his throat….

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join