It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomy Picture of the Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   
antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Some really beautiful pictures here almost every day, along with comprehensive explanations of what you are looking at.

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Darn it you beat me to it you Butt-Crack!

Todays is amazing, it is about the whisp veil nebula and how a few thousand years ago it used to be as bright as a crecent moon (we miss out on everything it seems, but hey we did go to the moon!)

But the best one EVER!!! is...DRUM ROLL...

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Everyone MUST SEE THIS!

and I suggest you save it as a desktop wallpaper such as me, It makes an AWESOME wallpaper, especially with the lights out (It has an unearthly glow even from your computer!)

and it is a hell of a lot better than my self made collage of Incredible astro-pics (which is saying a lot because I had everything from galaxies and star clusters to pictures of our sun...it was awesome but not like this
)

If you go to the site where it explains stuff, the link provided by WOS

You can go to archives and sift through mountains of incredible pics, the link is at the bottom.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Damn this is another good one, it really makes you just want to write a fantasy book or something like LotR

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I just discovered the Astronomy Picture of the Day web site and, after doing an ATS search before starting a thread on it, I found this very old thread and felt that it deserved a bump.

apod.nasa.gov...

The Jets of NGC 1097:

Hallowe'en's Moon

Follow the link and click on 'Discover the Cosmos' to the left, just under the Headline to get a list of pictures.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by berenike]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by William One Sac

Thanks for posting!!! Those are wonderful!

OT, but how does this thread have -3 replies? Am I the only one that it's showing up like that for?

new topics

top topics

join