It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to push on Doha, Bush trade deals: Kirk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

U.S. to push on Doha, Bush trade deals: Kirk

www.newsdaily.com

WASHINGTON, Apr. 23, 2009 (Reuters) — The Obama administration is committed to concluding long-running world trade talks and wants to move forward on trade deals with Panama, Colombia and South Korea negotiated by former President George W. Bush, U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk said on Thursday.

"Now is the time to revive global trade, and to lay the groundwork for an even more robust, more open trading system in future decades,"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
www.forbes.com

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Let me start by saying I Don't Support The Right, and i don't Support the left, but for all you Obama Supporters out there this is Just continuing on a bush policy, that as it seems Obama was against in the beginning.

it's also interesting Bush was pushing this so hard before he left the office, and now Obama is pushing as well

www.javno.com...

Bush Vows Big Push For Doha Deal Before Leaving
It would be difficult for negotiators to finish every detail of a new new world trade agreement before Bush leaves the White House.

President George W. Bush vowed on Tuesday to press hard for a successful conclusion of the nearly 7-year-old round of world trade talks during his last few months in office.

"The recent impasse in the Doha Round of trade talks is disappointing, but that doesn't have to be the final word. And so before I leave office I'm going to press hard to make sure we have a successful Doha round," Bush said at a White House summit on international development.

"In the midst of this crisis, I believe the world ought to send a clear signal that we remain committed to open markets by reducing barriers to trade across the globe," he said.

www.javno.com...

i think were taking Much bigger steps to a North American Union fast!

www.newsdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
i think this is one big important step in there North American Union

any others?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
no one thinks this is a pivotal point in the North American Union?

new topics

top topics

join