It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Coincidence or not? Florida Horses die

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfect stranger
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Gawdzilla

Not sure I follow your logic. what I'm thinking is that it may have been some kind of test or maybe even an attack. Do people bet on Polo? Who would have something to gain if these horses did not compete? You state correctly that horses that did not receive meds were ok... so why did only some get them and what was really in the Meds?

Food for thought........

rich people bet on polo. And rich people are the only ones who usually play polo. That many horses is also worth a lot of money too so maybe somebody making sure a bet went through that was for a ton of cash?

I dunno though.

How do people not make the connection about 21 horses dying and then 3 missing vials of a virus that TARGETS HORSES !!!!

Hmmmmm Is it really that hard to put 2 + 2 together ?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Hey Chad

Looks to me like to you have clearly made up your mind on this one and are quite closed to looking at other views...... so maybe all Chad's will react the same way when faced with a story being fed to you by the media......

I think it is our responsibility to look at events like these and try to see possible links between them...... but saying something like you did above on red cars is what I find shall I just say " special" Thank you very much for that

have a great day

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I've spent a bit of time digging into this further..... this time I may be making a bigger leap but here it goes......

Encephalitis is an acute inflammation of the brain.

Meningitis is inflammation of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord

Now in the same region of Florida there is a viral outbreak that killed 4 people!!

www.miamiherald.com...

Another strange coincidence? HMMMMM not comfortable with this as I look deeper

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
scienceblogs.com...

Criminal investigation into deaths of horses is now ongoing. These horses were owned by by the multimillionaire president of the Venezuelan Banking Association, Victor Vargas who has also been linked to Hugo Chavez.
(Venezuelan President) also

www.palmbeachpost.com...

in an odd twist, Vargas bought his Palm Beach home from George Lindemann, father of George Lindemann Jr., who was sentenced in 1996 to 33 months in prison for hiring someone to electrocute his Wellington show horse for insurance money.

To me the link of dead show horses should not be ignored.....

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

That accompanies news today that an Ocala pharmacy has taken responsibility for botching a vitamin compound given to the horses just hours before they died.

The strength of an ingredient in the medication was incorrect," Jennifer Beckett, Chief Operations Officer Franck's Pharmacy, told reporters outside the pharmacy today. "We will cooperate fully with the authorities as they continue their investigation."

She declined to answer further questions, but said, "We extend our most sincere condolences to the horses owners, the Lechuza polo team and the members of the United States Polo Association. We share their grief and sadness.

So this should explain the reason for the deaths of the polo horses. Selenium poisoning from Biodyl.Ocala pharmacy says it incorrectly prepared medication for 21 polo horses that died

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
From the news story.

The pharmacy said it prepared medication for the horses on orders from a veterinarian.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Being in the same field I would have to say that the Vet made a human error while formulating the concentration of the medicine. I wouldn't say it was malice animal abuse, but you can't really make mistakes like this without facing the consequences.

I feel bad for the horses, but this looks like the Vet did a major oops and nothing more.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
More quotes from same article.

Biodyl is illegal in the United States, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and is made up of vitamin B, selenium, potassium and magnesium.

Even mixing up an identical compound from Biodyl's individual parts could be illegal as well, said FDA spokeswoman Siobhan DeLancey.

"It is my impression that that would be manufacturing a new animal drug," she said.

Federal law allows some leeway in mixing replacement compounds even of banned substances, but is generally limited to "when the health of an animal is threatened or suffering or death may result from failure to treat."

Biodyl is designed to help animals recover from strenuous activities and muscular problems, according to Merial Limited, its manufacturer.

Franck's is one of the top suppliers in the nation of veterinary chemical compounds, local vets say. The pharmacy also mixes for human consumption, according to its Web site. Wellington veterinarian Dr. Ben Schachter said he has used the pharmacy for 25 years.

They mixed up a batch of illegal drugs for the horses and messed it up. And they make drugs for humans to.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfect stranger

Well if my mind is closed, then yours is open to the point of your brain falling out.

Did you miss my reply about the time frame of those vials going missing?

If you did it's here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I haven't denied that the demise of these horses is from foul play I'm denying that the missing vials, which could have gone missing from the day the article was written to sometime before 2004, have nothing to do with it.

Regarding your thoughts on my comments to spinkyboo's methods of research...special? um ok...if you want to blindly accept poorly collaborated 'evidence' then so be it.

If spinkyboo or yourself want to elaborate on how these incidents are related, please do. Because as it stands all that is presented is a small list of totally unrelated incidents.

Damn those red cars....

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by testrat

I get that the vet is taking the rap and standing up with an " explanation"

it will be very interesting to see what consequence if any the vet is faced with.

To me it looks like a scapegoat to a potentially serious issue

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Perfect stranger]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Thanks Again Chad

The fact you choose to attack me says a lot.

Sure I read the Army explanation that the vials could have disappeared somewhere between 2004 and now. Can I prove the connection nope never said I could. after all this is indeed the general conspiracy page right?

A lot of questions to me

21 dead horses that belong to a rather shadowy figure
3 vials of a missing Horse virus
4 People dead of a brain inflamation in close proximity
Vargas' connections to Hugo Chavez
Vargas' connection to George Lindemann . convicted horse killer

Let's hope your right that this is nothing more. but at the same time with all those "missing weapons and dangerous substances"
we need to be vigilante!

When you look at all the pieces it's not that much of a stretch to link to something not right with this story

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Actually you attacked me first (closed minded, special)

But moving on....

Leave out the vials and you could be onto something.

Like I said, I'm not denying foul play.

Hopefully the autopsy results will glean some clues.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfect stranger

Hey Chad

Looks to me like to you have clearly made up your mind on this one and are quite closed to looking at other views...... so maybe all Chad's will react the same way when faced with a story being fed to you by the media......

I think it is our responsibility to look at events like these and try to see possible links between them...... but saying something like you did above on red cars is what I find shall I just say " special" Thank you very much for that

have a great day

Chad You see very clearly that what was said was that you are closed to looking at the other views... Call it splitting hairs if you want ... but far from an attack

Time will tell what happens to the vet or if the death 21 horses with a huge monetary value gets swept under the rug. I believe that like a lot of these kinds of stories the media will let it fizzle and no follow up will be done

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by spinkyboo

No, you're being ridiculous, what links do any of these incidents have?

You can't just randomly pick news articles and say they're connected. That would be like someone googling "red car crash" listing the results and saying that all these cars crashed because they're red.

First of all - I have all of the above mentioned cases in a file on my computer.
I have been tracking diseases "gone missing" and disturbed bio-labs for awhile.
I have, like a lot of folks - lots of information.
This is not a new subject for me.

Clearly those in charge of the bio-labs are not doing a good job.
Personally I do not trust that I am being told the truth about what is really happening. In fact I am rather certain that most of us are seriously ignorant of the truth just based on the amount of lies that are uncovered daily. We are not taken care of - face it - this world is made up of folks who will do anything for a buck...
and most of them have a hand in our well being - and we know it.

This is not to say - that there is definitely despicable actions taking place- in this case.
It is just to say that we would do well to be vigilant in seeking out reasons why these things happen at all. And who is in charge when they happen...
2 dead mice - that are missing - carrying a deadly virus should not be just swept under the rug.

It is not out of the question that "diseases" that appear
after a virus "goes missing" or is newly manufactured for "vaccination"
could be at any time released into the general population -
or into a population of wildlife - knowingly or unknowingly.
It is only common sense that we should actively seek what happens in these cases.
And furthermore we should question why we don't actively seek out the answers.

I am surprised by your comments. It doesn't matter if these cases that I list are directly related to THIS particular case - because there is something bigger that is related to THIS particular case - and that is the fact that we are not watching the hands that control the diseases that can destroy an entire population.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Everything you're saying there is all well and good but you're claiming these things are getting swept under a rug, yet there are news reports about these incidents.

If the government wants something swept under the rug, I guarantee not you or I would have the slightest clue about it.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Everything you're saying there is all well and good but you're claiming these things are getting swept under a rug, yet there are news reports about these incidents.

If the government wants something swept under the rug, I guarantee not you or I would have the slightest clue about it.

The government sweeps plenty under the rug that we DO have the "slightest clue" about - but ONLY the slightest clue. Even the best sweeper can leave a little dust around the edges of the rug. Most of what we finally learn comes from alternative media.

Testing on the public by governments from many years gone past - has just recently been let out of the bag - in some cases. We actually KNOW we cannot trust what we have been told in many cases. We just don't want to believe it. It's too painful.
We tend to think of government like ma and pa. But they are not.
It's about money and power and control.
It is not about us.

We can no longer afford to continue assuming that we are being looked after in a responsible and ethical way - when the majority of the information points to exactly the opposite. It leaves us vulnerable.

I won't go on - I'm sure you are tired of reading -
and although we do not agree - I fully appreciate your thoughts on this.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I actually agree with you, to a certain level.

I just like to pick things apart to find the truth, hence my usual skepticism.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Cnn may of just pulled up an old story about missing vials of a virus that affects horses, after the they heard about the horses. Because they know that out there somewhere somebody is going to say Hey, a missing virus that kills horses and there are 21 dead horses in Florida. Interesting. I don't know just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I actually agree with you, to a certain level.

I just like to pick things apart to find the truth, hence my usual skepticism.

Pick away and be skeptical - It's what makes a good critical thinker.
And that is certainly a good thing.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I think they could be connected, on the surface:
Vials of Venezuelan Equine Encephalitis
21 dead Venezuelan Equines

The vials contained samples of Venezuelan Equine Encephalitis, a virus that sickens horses and can be spread to humans by mosquitoes.
cnn.com
I can't imagine a better place than Florida to find mosquitoes with terrorist aspirations.

Now I have never heard of anyone who is so ready to incriminate themselves by taking the blame for something that undoubtedly have criminal and civil consequences. wtf? Really, who is this guy's lawyer?

[edit on

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
You guys!

i heard this report on npr. the 21 that died were known to have died because of the vitamin formula that was given to them wasnt mixed right and had way too much of one ingredient.

the other 5 horses were fine, because they didnt get the vitamin.

from the report it said that there is a company that specializes in making this formula, but it hasnt passed fda approval yet, so they contracted an independant company to create the formula, and that company screwed it up.

as soon as they got the horses out on the field they knew they were sick and that it had to be the vitamin formula...

nothing in the grass... no virus' nothing...

at least no way to prove anything!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join