It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Coincidence or not? Florida Horses die

page: 1/
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
As many of you may have seen there were 21 horses that died at a Polo competition in Florida this week today a vet from Florida is saying that meds were improperly prepared
link to story can be found here

us.cnn.com...

At the same this week a story came out of Fort Detrick stating that 3 vials of virus samples missing from Maryland facility

link to this story can be found here

www.cnn.com...

What I find amazing is that no-one seems to even make the connection between the two events! The Virus is one that targets Horses!! am I saying the Army is responsible? no but I find really strange the timing of these events and no link is being made

Making a mountain out a mole hill?.... maybe but the vet coming out today and taking responsibility seems like a quick way to make this go away

What do you think?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The trainer (IIRC) stated this morning that the horses that got a particular medication died. The ones that didn't, didn't. There's your connection.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
From this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Chadwickus

These vials were last accounted for in 2004, if not earlier.

They even think they might have been destroyed.

The three missing vials were among thousands of vials that were under the control of a senior scientist who retired in 2004. When another Fort Detrick scientist recently inventoried the retired scientist's biological samples, he discovered that the three vials of the virus were missing. The original scientist's records about his vials dated back to the days of paper-and-pen inventories. During the investigation, the retired scientist and another former Fort Detrick researcher cooperated with investigating agents and, according to Vander Linden, they came back to the facility to help look for the vials. Vander Linden said the investigators know that several years ago an entire freezer full of biological samples broke down and all the samples had to be safely destroyed. But a complete inventory of what was in the freezer was not done before the samples were destroyed. Vander Linden said there's a "strong possibility" the vials were in that freezer and destroyed, but that isn't known for sure.

So it's most likely not a recent disappearance.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Gawdzilla

Not sure I follow your logic. what I'm thinking is that it may have been some kind of test or maybe even an attack. Do people bet on Polo? Who would have something to gain if these horses did not compete? You state correctly that horses that did not receive meds were ok... so why did only some get them and what was really in the Meds?

Food for thought........

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfect stranger

Gawdzilla

Not sure I follow your logic. what I'm thinking is that it may have been some kind of test or maybe even an attack. Do people bet on Polo? Who would have something to gain if these horses did not compete? You state correctly that horses that did not receive meds were ok... so why did only some get them and what was really in the Meds?

Food for thought........

The information is probably on CNN by now, as well as other news sources. As for testing, yeah, a public test would make sense, that way you could let everybody know that you're playing games. A concealed test just wouldn't make sense. I mean, after, what's the fun in killing horses if reporters don't get to sniff around.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfect stranger

Good point, betting! If someone can win, you can bet on it, that someone is betting on it.

Good connection, wonder what anyone has to add to that, SandF now.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

OK, I follow what you are saying, but given we are in the General conspiracy page. I still find it strange that yesterday CNN actually had the links one on top of each other and didn't seem to see the link that I did.. Just saying it seems odd to me

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Perfect stranger]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I think that we have to not be afraid of thinking anymore.
People are so concerned with being labeled conspiracy nuts that
they ignore the obvious.
Of course this is possible.

Top Military Biolab Suspends Research After Pentagon Finds Trouble With Tracking Pathogens
by Marcus Stern, ProPublica - February 10, 2009 3:41 pm EDT
www.propublica.org...

The vaccination error with Baxter and the Avian flu recently - is a perfect example.
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=5913348#pid5913348

Missing biloab vials
Army Biolab's Missing Vials May Never Be Found
blog.wired.com...

But during visits to A&M biodefense labs, CDC inspectors found plenty of other things wrong, according to the Dallas Morning News. For instance: "Unauthorized workers with access to infectious diseases. Improper storage of dangerous agents and infected animals. And inadequate security plans, training procedures and record-keeping."

blog.wired.com...

Plague-Infested Mice Missing From New Jersey Research Lab
www.allheadlinenews.com...

Biolabs in precarious places -
www.nytimes.com...

AND the list goes on and on and on.....and....

[edit on 23-4-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

OK, I follow what you are saying, but gievn we are in the General conspiracy page. I still find it strange that yesterday CNN actually had the links one on top of each other and didn't seem to see the link that I did.. Just saying it seems odd to me

It's a conspiracy page, true. And I had an opinion on the likelihood of a conspiracy here. Hence my post.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Quite Scary

While I realize that some of these "Missing" items can be written off to "bad paperwork" One has to think that some of of these items may have fallen into the wrong hands. It is very often considered Standard Operating Procedure" to do a "dry run" of any plan prior to execution. This may not be as sinister as that but to me it really provokes thought as to who would have something to gain ?

Could that have been a test of a delivery method for something different?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The horses were given Biodyl. The drug had high dose of seleinium in the mixture it would cause Selenium toxicity (selenium poisoning) can result in a condition called selenosis. Symptoms of selenosis include gastrointestinal upsets (nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea), hair loss, white blotchy nails, garlic breath odor, fatigue, irritability, and mild nerve damage hyperreflexia, tremor, peripheral neuropathy). Extreme cases of selenosis can result in cirrhosis of the liver (scarring of the liver that may lead to kidney failure—cirrhosis of the liver is the twelfth leading cause of death by disease in the United States), pulmonary edema (an abnormal build up of fluid in the lungs, which leads to swelling), thrombocytopenia (low blood platelets), thyroid problems, and death.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Googling keywords and grabbing random websites that date as far back as 2007 is no way to link these things together...

Come on, are you deliberately encouraging the fear mongering?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

"Biodyl"

Is Dettrick working to militarize this?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Quite Scary

While I realize that some of these "Missing" items can be written of to "bad paperwork" One has to think that some of of these items may have fallen into the wrong hands. It is very often considered Standard Operating Procedure" to do a "dry run" of any plan prior to execution. This may not be as sinister as that but to me it really provokes thought as to who would have something to gain ?

Could that have been a test of a delivery method for something different?

Exactly -
There are just way too many examples of 2 things -
1. testing freely on an unknowing public/animals -
(and even a bill that says this is OK - even if it results in death)
2. the "gone missing" of diseased biolab vials/animals -

I would have to be deaf, dumb and blind not take note of dreadful correlations
and/or consequences.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Could there be some sort of viral agent in the grass?

My husky caught something during the Easter holiday after I took her to my local park. She started throwing up all over the place.

She's ok now but it didn't start until she played at the park.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Here are some symptoms of VEE

emedicine.medscape.com...

Venezuelan equine encephalitis (VEE) is a mosquito-borne viral disease characterized by fever and other symptoms that may include severe headache, back pain, myalgias, prostration, chills, nausea, vomiting, and weakness. The disease may progress to encephalitis and death

Also here is some background on weaponization of VEE ( Same link as above)

VEE remains a potentially potent biological weapon. If this virus was deployed efficiently, it could incapacitate thousands of people for a week or more and cause untold psychologic stress to millions. VEE is potentially susceptible to genetic manipulation in advanced laboratories. This characteristic has proven useful for researchers aiming to develop more effective vaccines; however, it could also be exploited to produce more effective biological weapons. A live-attenuated VEE vaccine has been used in horses. A formalin-inactivated vaccine has been developed for use in humans, although further investigation of its protective effects is needed.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Googling keywords and grabbing random websites that date as far back as 2007 is no way to link these things together...

Come on, are you deliberately encouraging the fear mongering?

Don't be ridiculous. 2007 is not that long ago. Anything that goes missing - is in fact still missing. I am not fear mongering. I am encouraging people to realize how "out of control" the people who we have left in control are.
And how long it has been going on...
I was being kind by only going back to 2007.

This kind of "oh well - no biggie" attitude is frightening.
These are plague causing diseases that could kill the majority of the people on this planet. And I am fear mongering? No. I am telling it like it is.
We need to pay attention.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OrangeJuice

HEY OJ

I know a bit off topic but it could very well be pesticides being used in the Park.
When these lawn care companies come around they will sometimes leave little signs saying keep off the grass for 24 hours or so......

In the case of the Florida horses, there is a vet that seems to be taking responsibility for this event, but I still find it quite odd that this happened only to one team's horses, maybe linked to a betting crime or maybe even a dry run for something more sinister

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I will make sure to look for these signs then, thank you! I found my dog's illness strange because this park just advertised a dog friendly arena area about 3 months ago.

I'm only about a half state away from Florida so this Animal news is important. A bug or vaccination that is strong enough to kill a horse may end up as an airborne agent and weaken our systems too.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

No, you're being ridiculous, what links do any of these incidents have?

You can't just randomly pick news articles and say they're connected. That would be like someone googling "red car crash" listing the results and saying that all these cars crashed because they're red.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join