It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 clearly visible ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hello ATSers , my colleague was searchin,g on Google Earth and typed Area 51. When he pressed enter, he could see the Area 51 clearly visible, with buildings, landing areas and stuff, even a couple of planes parked outside.

Can you clearly see it? I'm really wondering.

If this thread has already been discussed ( i don't doubt it, for sure !) please delete my post. Or tell me why I can't see the airbase a couple of kilometers away from my home in France and why on the opposite i can see Area 51...

It's probably been deserted.

Bye:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MattMulder

Maybe they have nothing to hide...

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Or all of the interesting toys are underground.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
From what I've heard, the "Area 51" we know of is just an elaborate cover. But please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, think of the degrees of separation that you "see" on Google Earth.

First off, those images go through so many hands until it actually reaches the web app that you see it in, that even if there was something interesting there, it'd be gone in the photos.

just my .02.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
My friend says it's a "dummy base" now, only there to make conspiracists talk over and over again about an "empty" location.

However, maybe they have the interesting stuff underground, or they moved it under the Denver Airport

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Whatever is going on, the base is still VERY active. Its no shell. The runway was doubles. The biggest hangar yet to be built at area 51 was JUST put in. JANETS still fly there frequently. And the blacked out white buss still brings in loads of workers.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
There's a lot of very interesting stuff that can be seen on Google Earth. There's a forum provided for people to discus things that they find. Since Area 51 is of interest to most people it's been throughly explored and discussed. Last time I looked most of the buildings were identified along with other structures at the base.

Easiest way to get started using the Google Earth Community is to turn on the layer for it in Google Earth. Once you do you'll see little icons designating something that someone has commented on. Just click the icon to see the comments and link back to the Google Earth Community Forum.

On the left side of the screen you'll find a list of Layers that can be used.
Look for The Google Earth Community under the Gallery group.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

The Google Community is a source of information, but not always a good source. As I stated in another thread, nearly every nuclear explosion location is wrong and I can't get the "expert" in charge to remove them.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
reply to post by LazyGuy

The Google Community is a source of information, but not always a good source. As I stated in another thread, nearly every nuclear explosion location is wrong and I can't get the "expert" in charge to remove them.

The Community does'nt purposly post "wrong" locations, its that when a Communty ! is posted and Google updates there photos, they don't always match up right.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
WHy was my post in this thread deleted and no msg sent me to notify me of that fact?

EDIT: K honestly wtf, at first I thought that I must have just been mistaken and it was in a thread like this one. So I searched all my posts for threads with Area in the title, and looked at every one, the post I am thinking of is no where to be found.

Can an admin please tell me why my post was deleted and why there was no message sent to me??

[edit on 24-4-2009 by king9072]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariacThe Google Community is a source of information, but not always a good source. As I stated in another thread, nearly every nuclear explosion location is wrong and I can't get the "expert" in charge to remove them.

Damn!!! You're good. That's exactly what I was looking at just before reading this thread. (Yeah, I agree it's pretty cluttered in that area and that it may need a bit of cleaning up.)

To the OP.
You don't have to have Google Earth to see it. If you want to see what it looks like, just go to www.Google.com and click on maps, then satellite. It shows the same pictures G.E. shows, just not with all the bells and whistles.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Hi all, well i found in Google earth, near of 375 highway and little aleinn some strange circles on the ground. What is that area? It is part of the groom lake base?

The coordinates are: 37.650121, -115.801735

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Groomforce

It's just irrigated land.

They're just big sprinklers on wheels that pivot around a central point.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
maybe they want people to know about it.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I am the "colleague" matt speakin' about ! (member from today ! and sorry for my frenc.... english)

of course I think that area 51 is an "underground" facility and may be bigger than we (... I !) think !

if you have uploaded Google Earth, try some of these locations :

37°44'43.75"N - 116°27'12.28"O
or : 37°29'9.94"N - 116°13'31.08"O (to groups of circles on the same screen)
and this kind of geometric draw :
37°37'36.22"N - 116°57'29.63"O

ask me if you want more !! or post comments if you find others !

all these locations are about 150 km around Area 51 !

If somebody have any other explanations for this kind of "stranges circles" please tell me !!

(just for fun on Google Earth look at 37°38'47.64"N - 115°45'4.06"O , for a french boy it' quite "funny"!)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
To be honest, do you realy believe the media, they are the ones who conjured up all the rumors about area 51. It is a military base but know one knows what goes on in there unless they get in themselves.

I guess once your in you don't come out

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Lol I remember about 15 years ago I was partying in Vegas with a couple of friends and some girl approaches us and gives us passes to Area 51 unfortunately it was a club theme!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
MOST TESTS are done at night

google earth collects scans during the daytime so nothing of value is there

if it was it wouldnt be there long and would be airbrushed out like dick cheyneys house

you want to find some secrets?

get access to googles database of air brushed coords

it a commercial entity access is not difficult

have fun

then profit!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I highly doubt there's anything going on at Area 51 anymore. Back in the early 90s... definitely

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I'd say that that isn't really Area 51. For all we know, Area 51 could be on another planet, and that could be a teleporter of sorts to said planet. I know it sounds stupid, but, who knows?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join