It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus kill ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by noonebutme

reply to post by karl 12

Very true..... It literally is (the bible) the most disgustingly violent, sadistic, sexually depraved and morally abhorrent book on the market.

Phwoaar! You actually just made it sound 'appealing'! Might have to have a re-read with that in mind! Sounds deliciously salacious!

Hilarious mate.... i probably did make it sound like a rip-roaring read huh?

Enjoy it man....

You can even read parts of the old testament as a graphic novel!

For those who haven't heard yet: Legendary comics artist Robert Crumb has just come out with his new book: The Book of Genesis, Illustrated by R. Crumb, a magnum opus, five years in the making, telling the complete, unedited book of Genesis in graphic novel form.

www.alternet.org...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Jesju killed alright, the son of Annas who later shows up in a dark basement where he directs Jesju's whopping prior to the crucificzion, a cruc'ific thing to know

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
It gets even more interresting when youu learn that this Annas is heavily involved in the punnishment of Jesus

Originally posted by Nohup
What I always found interesting that Annas, father of the boy killed by Jesus as a child, shows up again in another text as the leader of the Temple elders who were responsible for getting Jesus tortured and crucified. A little payback, perhaps?

Thanks for the replies -thats certainly some interesting food for thought.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away

.... go look in amaternity ward , then a cemetery .

Then GET OVER IT !

... and Annas should be spelt - AN ASS - !

[edit on 10-11-2009 by radarloveguy]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by one_enlightened_mind

The books included in the Bible all tie together because they are all divinely inspired. We know this because what is predicted about and discussed in the Old Testament materializes in the New Testament. Every book is in perfect alignment with another and no contradictions exist... for those who actually understand the text.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by one_enlightened_mind]

of course the new testament lines up with the old testament, after all, the old testament had already been around FOREVER when the new testament was put together.

please do not use that argument as a reason why everythign in the new testament has to be right. it doesnt.

i can make a story that makes the old testament prophecies come true, it doesnt make it holy.

but on topic, i pretty much think if one wants to take any "extra" gospel into consideration, they should look at who wrote it, why, when, where, under what circumstances. that will help you figure out the leaning, and make a better judge of you as to the "diviness" of it.

but i think the bible is a good story with some good moral guidelines..that's about it.

[edit on 11/10/2009 by iamsupermanv2]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The bible is just a bunch of words deciphered and translated into so many different languages and heavily edited along the way to be totality useless as a reference book.

Or believe to be true.

There are many religions and beliefs that predate Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

By thousands of years.

Men write untruths and people believe those words to be "gospel"

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal."

Written by a man that had slaves.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

first, the book of thomas is not excepted by christians anymore than the da vinci code.

second, the funny thing about the question "did jesus kill" is that you'd have to accept that jesus has divine like powers to vaporize people, in order to tell your christian friends that their savior killed someone.

unlike mohamed who killed with swords and stuff.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

Don't you know that the world's largest concentration of spin

doctors are in california ? the bible is full of truth - unlike californians

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Hi One Enlightened--

You claim that ALL the 'books of the bible' are in there because they are inspired.

So.........what about the Scroll of the Book of the Words of Henoch, son of Jared? I don't see it in the 'western' bibles, either protestant or Roman Catholic...so why isn't in there?

In Jude 1:14 it quotes from (I Henoch) as holy scripture, via what is known as PROOF TEXTING:

So if 1 Henoch is scripture to be quoted as prooftext (as the Dead Sea Scrolls also show the book to be) then WHY ISN'T HENOCH in your bible?

We know that the Ethiopic Christian Church left I Henoch in THEIR bibles of course and regarded it as canonical (along with Scroll of the Book of the Testament of Moses (aka 'Jubilees') and The Scroll of the Book of the Testament of the 12, Being the Sons of Yakkov etc. but apparently Henoch not in the so-called Western Canon:

Here's the passage: see if you can find it in any of your 'American ENglish' translations of the Epistle of Jude (allegedly the brother of R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean Nazir, aka 'Iseous'')

Jude 1:14

14-15 "And it is also written in the Book of Henoch also, the seventh descendant of Adam, who prophesied of these also, saying,

Behold, YHWH shall come
even with ten thousands of his holy ones with him:
15 in order to execute judgment upon all the sinners
and to expose to all the ungodly ones among the sons of men
even all of their ungodly deeds
yea, that which they have ungodly have committed,
and of all the evil words which the evil ones have spoken
even against his [holy] name.

16 These are murmurers, complainers, they who walk after their own lusts; and their mouth speaks swollen words having the admiration of the men from their positions of advantage."

Do you have ANY idea at all how the books of your bible came to be voted in, and how LONG it took to finally decide which books were IN and which books were OUT and how many councils denounced each other's lists?

You've got a little homework to do, it seems, m'lad !!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

I am a Christian and I concider all texts written about Jesjuah ha Mesjiak, thousands uppon thousands of writings. I am a Christian and you say I concider the Gospel of Tomas to be in the same category as the Da Vinci code. Wow, you know things about me I have never believed in my life. There are actually epistles and books in the NT that many Christians refute, especially the epistles of Saul Paulus, but since the Pharicee Saul Paulus' intentions aligned with the objectives and agenda of the Church, they cover more than half of the books in the NT.

Below are a few links to important litterature more or less in relation to the biblical canon.

wesley.nnu.edu...
www.sacred-texts.com...
www.earlychristianwritings.com...
www.pseudepigrapha.com...

As you see, there are so many texts to choose from, and they are all written in relation to the divine and God. Around 30 unique gospels have been found, but since many of them were written by religious and political competitors of the early Catholic Church, the RC Church together with Pharicees and other Jews, sought and searched for them and destroyed as many as they could, since they threatened their political and ecclaciastical power and agenda.

Who among those born of a woman down here have been given the power to discern between good and evil and decide what's good and what's not for all the rest of us? Some pope? Some group? Or a second century Spanish bishop obsessed with the number four? The Pharicee Shaul Paulus? Some council? Well, I for one wouldn't trust any of the above. When it comes to my own destiny and relation to my God, I choose not to sell my soul to some old dude with a funny hat sitting in Rome claiming to be the representative of God and the Vicar of Christ. I would seek through the well of texts myself and make up my own mind about them. Perhaps then there will be a faint chance I'd make it through the eye of the needle.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
In understanding this stuff one first removes atheist (none of it is true) and christian (only the bible and all of it is true) bias. Then one begins to see the light. And then one realizes that Damnation is not a higher-spiritual-principle and that therefore both St. Thomas "Gospel" and parts of the Old Testament can be trashed.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

All that stuff is contrary to the real Jesus.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Well thanks for sharing your opinion - to my mind the absolute opposite is true and the bible is positively littered with blatant contradictions,glaring inconsistencies,scientific inaccuracies and factual discrepencies.

All of the so-called contradictions are out of context.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Good post.
And that's not even mentioning the "permitted" incest.. (lot and daughters, adam and eve et al.)
many, many contradictions and discrepancies.

Incest was not against the law back then. How do you think they were supposed to populate the earth?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosis111
reply to post by one_enlightened_mind

Who is it who deems these book divine inspired or not? Constantine? The Pope? Or any Christian who sees it fit.

It seems it is still "pick and choose", because it is MAN who has determined (picked and chose) which books are divine inspired.

The New Testament books are validated because the apostles wrote them and those under them wrote them.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
He should have, maybe he would have lasted longer. Ha!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

In understanding this stuff one first removes atheist (none of it is true) and christian (only the bible and all of it is true) bias

The only untruth is those who refuse to believe anything written by people who actually believed in what they wrote as truth.

Why would these people spend there entire lives writing untruths just to hide every thing they ever worked for in a cave somewhere to rot away? What would be the point?

Atheist or not ,this does exist, therefore wouldn't it be at lease somewhat true and worth investigating?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You have to determine in your own heart if Jesus is real or not, I did some tests that proved beyond my doubt that He is real! I was dissatisfied with religion that I had grown up in and was looking for answers. I believe what Jesus said, I came to save that which is lost and to heal the sick! Jesus said: Which is easier to say? Thy sins be forgiven or be thou healed? Our sins have cut us off from God and our spiritual and physical healing! What Adam lost , Jesus bought back through a terrible price. There are many religions, many doctrines, I have studied many of them, but there is only one Truth! I find the differences in men today are their interpretations of what is right and what is wrong. I find that most try to justify what they are doing wrong through religion and that many people have suffered greatly through the ages because of religion, not Truth!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by gnosis111
Who is it who deems these book divine inspired or not? Constantine? The Pope? Or any Christian who sees it fit.

The best answer is a study of the Council of Nicea, seeing who it was comprised of, the reason for the meeting, and the result thereof. No-one wants to answer to God for botching up His word. This was a responsibility taken both seriously and carefully. All the best on the study and would be interested in hearing your conclusions from it.

FFS !
The Council of Nicea had NOTHING to do with choosing the books of the bible!

You've been told this over and over.
Why do you keep repeating the false claim?

It shows you don't know the facts, and never bother to check.

K.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by octotom
First, I want to say something that I didn't quite see mentioned here. That being that no one deemed the biblical books inspired, rather they were inspired inherently, and it was up to men to discover, more or less, which ones were. That was the purpose of the Council of Nicea and, as an earlier poser stated, the participants in that council took their job very seriously.

The Council of Nicea had NOTHING to do with choosing the books of the bible at all.

This is an urban legend that is endlessly repeated on the 'net.

Repeating this totally false claim shows you have never checked the facts.

K.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join