It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pirate Bay lawyer calls for retrial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Pirate Bay lawyer calls for retrial

www.thelocal.se

The judge in the Pirate Bay case, Tomas Norström, has been a member of several of the same copyright protection organisations as several of the main entertainment industry representatives, Sveriges Radio's P3 news programme reports.

One of the groups of which Norström is a signed up member is Svenska föreningen för upphovsrätt ('the Swedish Copyright Association'), where he is joined by Henrik Pontén, Peter Danowsky and Monique Wadsted, all of whom represented the entertainment industry in the case against file sharing site The Pirate Bay.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-4-2009 by broli]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
How could such a big fish slip through the net. Surely this level of corruption would have been spotted immediately. Is the court system really this dubious?

This puts the whole trial in a different spotlight. I bet if they had a true fair trial they would be found not guilty.

I knew the entertainment business would go all out but this is plain dirty and needs to be punished. But we all know that's never going to happen.

www.thelocal.se
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I just posted on this, and my thread was apparently auto-deleted (unless the Mods are super-quick with DELETE?).

I'm absolutely disgusted!! If this can happen with such a public trial, what about other trials? They have big issues.

news.bbc.co.uk...

"I'm not sure the superior court could say that this was unfair, but had he been open then it wouldn't have been an issue," he said.

Not unfair?? How the hell can you say that??? It is alleged the prosecution lawyers associate with the Judge in question at these meetings! How can you possibly say it is not biased??????????
I'd say there was a VERY LARGE conflict of interest!!!

Another point all this raises is what will happen to Google and Yahoo? Don't they also link to or index illegal material? I'm sure I can find illegal torrents using Google or Yahoo if I tried.

This is a show trial that was thrown before proceedings even started!!

"This is corruption and judicial decay at an unforgiveable level.

"The judge in one of Sweden's most high profile case ever is also a member of an interest organisation for one side and associates with the prosecution trial lawyers in his free time? That is inexcusable corruption," said Mr Falkvinge.

No copyright content is hosted on The Pirate Bay's web servers. The site hosts BitTorrent links to TV, film and music files held on its users' computers.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by mirageofdeceit]

new topics

join