It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army Vials Missing from Lab in Maryland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATS'ers i'm posting this story as i find it interesting as it leads to projected attacks by the NWO from natural disasters,man made disasters(pandemic from FEMA trains in the USA)

i saw a video on youtube not long ago about a possible bio attack from some vaccine in which FEMA trains in each American city/state most being in Maryland are staioned and locked up in thick steel full of plastic coffins

and now this story comes out..

edition.cnn.com...

it smells extremely fishy

anyone got other sources on this? all the projections,guesses and theories are coming forward. 2009-2012 is gonna be a hell of a ride(in a bad way).

[edit on 14/01/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Hi Raider,

I believe if there were any sinister plots behind the stolen / missing vials, the perpetrators would have taken a virus with a higher fatality rate for humans...and maybe one that doesn't require mosquito's to transmit it...

The vials contained samples of Venezuelan Equine Encephalitis, a virus that sickens horses and can be spread to humans by mosquitoes. In 97 percent of cases, humans with the virus suffer flu-like symptoms, but it can be deadly in about 1 out of 100 cases,

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think you're building a mountain out of a mole hill.

The vials contained samples of Venezuelan Equine Encephalitis, a virus that sickens horses and can be spread to humans by mosquitoes. In 97 percent of cases, humans with the virus suffer flu-like symptoms, but it can be deadly in about 1 out of 100 cases, according to Caree Vander Linden, a spokeswoman for the Army's Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases. There is an effective vaccine for the disease and there hasn't been an outbreak in the United States since 1971.

Yes it's bad that they went missing but the idea that this virus is part of some NWO plot is ridiculous!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

or is that what they are saying..plus if you alter that virus in some form to make it fatal by air...then it would be a pandemic. Who knows what happens in the military research even if it is just that virus.. 1 in 100 can die..depending how it's passed the death rate could go into 10,000's if a more fatal strain is made then that could easily treble unless this story is just something to keep our eyes focused on it instead of something else

sorry if i came to conclusions if thats what you think but so much is happening right now..
every story,sign needs to be looked at

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by pieinthesky

Maybe has something to do with the recent death of 21 polo horses....

www.guardian.co.uk...

Edit to add:

"Still in a state of shock after the tragic deaths of 21 polo horses owned by the Venezuelan high-goal polo team" ;

Weird they were venezuelan owned and the vaccine was a venezuelan strain..?

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Thebudweiserstuntman]
Edit for quote

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

wow! now thats strange...pretty interesting...either they all collapsed from heart attacks or something (unlikely) or the vials were being tested.

then again bee's are becoming extinct and birds are just dropping out of the sky..some wierd things happening these days.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

and yeah i was just about to edit mine.. Venezualan horses and Venezualan strain..extremely suspect...

plus the fact Venezuala isnt America's good friend right now.

also a mexican flu is spreading and 20 people have died they are saying it's similar to SARS but is unlike anything they have seen before...seems us theorists arent as crazy as everyone thinks..i'm sure everyone on her eknow about the coming viral outbreak.

[edit on 14/01/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Now that's quite the leap in logic, they're 1000 miles apart for a start.

Maybe we should wait for the autopsy report before jumping to such conclusions.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Actually, I think there is more to this story as well. The strain that was missing was (I read on another thread...) Venezuelan Equine Encephalitis... Horses.

This tie-in with the horses in Florida is perhaps an angle to persue. Has anyone seen the vet reports?

All I know is, I live a short distance from USAMRIID, so this is something I've watched.

We have a LOT of mosquitos around here... they trap and test for West Nile all spring and summer. It's raining a lot (april showers bring standing water)...

Maybe there needs to be a few loose ends wrapped up, but I'm not getting too concerned just yet.

Interesting theory to persue though.

EDIT: Probably MOST importantly. As I'm reading my post I remember the other night when I was catching a smoke on my deck and saw a tanker truck spraying alongside the road. This really didn't pique my interest- they spray for dust, as well as the aforementioned mosquitos. Point is, I've seen it before... Usually not this soon in the season, but again... an interesting point. Any body else "back east" see this kind of thing?

[edit on 23/4/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Maybe the virus only works on venezuelan horses

No, but seriously....that IS rather straaaaanggggeeeeee......

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

Bees we all have seen and heard about. True story.

Birds dropping out of the sky???? Never!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

incidentally, encephalitis is some sort of inflammation of the brain, correct? Would this be the cause of such similar cardiac events in these horses?

I'm no medical professional.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

A leap in logic? Vials can be transported...1000miles isn't unfeasable.
I was just connecting two interesting reports - seems logical enough to me.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Maryland, well Aberdeen Proving ground and Edgewood Arsenal are the skunkworks for Weapon testings, Not to mention they house most of the WW2 era and Vietnam Chemical Agents an such, Im talking Huge Storage tanks of Mustard Gas, nerve toxins, and Other Craptastical means of self destruction.

So vials, yeah vials from this place could be anything.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Trance Optic

You want to talk about some dumping? Welcome to my world...

maps.google.com...,-76.971931&spn=0.11662,0.219727&z=12

check out a few little tidbits of what is publicly acknowledged...

www.atsdr.cdc.gov...

You should hear what is "allegedly" on that base. I have pics of some cool stuff sitting on rail cars, and the really hi tech cabooses they send on their BIG trains... but I digress.

The point is, living near all these sensitive installations, you kind of learn what to watch for, and what to filter...

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman

A leap in logic? Vials can be transported...1000miles isn't unfeasable.
I was just connecting two interesting reports - seems logical enough to me.

These vials were last accounted for in 2004, if not earlier.

They even think they might have been destroyed.

The three missing vials were among thousands of vials that were under the control of a senior scientist who retired in 2004. When another Fort Detrick scientist recently inventoried the retired scientist's biological samples, he discovered that the three vials of the virus were missing. The original scientist's records about his vials dated back to the days of paper-and-pen inventories. During the investigation, the retired scientist and another former Fort Detrick researcher cooperated with investigating agents and, according to Vander Linden, they came back to the facility to help look for the vials. Vander Linden said the investigators know that several years ago an entire freezer full of biological samples broke down and all the samples had to be safely destroyed. But a complete inventory of what was in the freezer was not done before the samples were destroyed. Vander Linden said there's a "strong possibility" the vials were in that freezer and destroyed, but that isn't known for sure.

So it's most likely not a recent disappearance.

[edit on 23/4/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman

"Still in a state of shock after the tragic deaths of 21 polo horses owned by the Venezuelan high-goal polo team" ;

Weird they were venezuelan owned and the vaccine was a venezuelan strain..?

Be careful - making intelligent comments regarding possible
correlations can get you into trouble.

People are much too fearful to take a look at the obvious.
Good for you for mentioning this.
Critical thinking is a lost art.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Most likely, these three vials were disposed of properly.

You're talking about an audit that is 5 years old.

The professor retired.

Now, a current audit shows some vials missing. Is this cause for alarm? Possibly. But, most likely they will find that the freezer that contained the vials was cleaned and the vials disposed of properly sometime after the professor retired.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Alex Jones Tv (HD):3 Viles of Virus Samples Missing From Maryland Lab

PrisonPlanet.tv

reply to post by Raider of Truth

Thanks for sharing this story. I appreciate your help.

CNN: Army: 3 vials of virus samples missing from Maryland facility

Missing vials of a potentially dangerous virus have prompted an Army investigation into the disappearance from a lab in Maryland. The Army's Criminal Investigation Command agents have been visiting Fort Detrick in Frederick, Maryland, to investigate the disappearance of the vials. Christopher Grey, spokesman for the command, said this latest investigation has found "no evidence of criminal activity."

The vials contained samples of Venezuelan Equine Encephalitis, a virus that sickens horses and can be spread to humans by mosquitoes. In 97 percent of cases, humans with the virus suffer flu-like symptoms, but it can be deadly in about 1 out of 100 cases, according to Caree Vander Linden, a spokeswoman for the Army's Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases. There is an effective vaccine for the disease and there hasn't been an outbreak in the United States since 1971.

The vials had been at the research institute's facility at Fort Detrick, home of the Army's top biological research facility, for more than a decade. The three missing vials were among thousands of vials that were under the control of a senior scientist who retired in 2004. When another Fort Detrick scientist recently inventoried the retired scientist's biological samples, he discovered that the three vials of the virus were missing. The original scientist's records about his vials dated back to the days of paper-and-pen inventories.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by News And History]

new topics

top topics

join