It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New flu with high mortality rate spreading in Mexico

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

What's this flu's dormancy lifespan? ... ANYTHING 'hecho en Mexico' could be vehicles for this stuff - all it takes is a few infected workers breathing, coughing, sneezing or anything else onto products or into boxes, or even tractor trailers. Instant pandemic right 'out of the box' Or fruit, veggies, ect ect ect.....

Thanks for that one, man. You just made my day -- ugghh

If it turns out that this goes pandemic, what a morbid way to help to re-energize the US Economy -- buy products that are only assembled/grown/manufactured in America.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky
reply to post by dodadoom

Because if you are afraid of immenant death you won't worry so much about your house in foreclosure, losing your job, or who the crooks int the PTB that are responsible, not to mention a host of other evils. Joe 6pack wants to LIVE. And he can do that in a tent under a bridge, greatful that he is alive.

And you wont gather in large tea party terrorist demonstrations,

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
well if everything shut down to the flu, and no one went to work, we would all loose our houses.

Land grab anyone?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I just got back from walgreens, seems you can't buy Tamiflu without a perscription.

Well, I'm surely dead if this is real.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by sticky]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sticky

od don't be so panicky
If it looks to go global just get supplies in and don't venture outside the house til it's over and you'll be fine. I read the pandemic flu in 1918 killed just 200,000 brits and under a million in the USA so it's hardly a given you'd get it and virtually impossible if you stayed indoors...no?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Didnt the final webbot reports mention something about a possible pandemic?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
"No more health care nor medicines by Winter.

A problem that causes huge amounts of death (pandemic by winter?) - I hear that is in the part 6 - that no one will publish right now.

No more stock markets - will cease in Winter

Food a big problem - come winter. "

Good day and Godspeed.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

New Details Emerge on Swine Flu

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has published new details about swine flu cases in the United States. The Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) dispatch supports earlier evidence that the virus spreads from human to human, adding six cases to the two discovered earlier. The six cases were revealed at a press conference on Friday, 24 April, but the MMWR offers more specifics about each case.

blogs.sciencemag.org...

DETAILS:
www.cdc.gov...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

The BBC are sayin that the world health organisation have just anounced that this is a potential pandemic......

WERE DOOMED IT TELL U.....DOOMEEEEEDDDDDDD

I realy wana see that new startrek film before i die!

[edit on 25/4/09 by parrallel]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by f3rm1N
"No more health care nor medicines by Winter.

A problem that causes huge amounts of death (pandemic by winter?) - I hear that is in the part 6 - that no one will publish right now.

No more stock markets - will cease in Winter

Food a big problem - come winter. "

Good day and Godspeed.

Does anyone know what happened to the Webbot report thread? Why is it gone??

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BugBomb

"Say No to 'Hecho en Mexico' "

Who will be the FIRST to cash in on this? Perhaps GM can go into the food packing and preparation business.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Just to correct some of the disinfo floating around:

1. H1N1 is not a mix of different types of flus. Any flu will carry random bits of DNA material but those will be from the hosts. H1N1 is SWINE flu, not bird flu and so on.

2. The DNA in this strain contains swine, avian and Asian genetic material with the the types also holding European and Asian DNA. I've heard four different bio Doctors express immense concern because "this is a lab virus, no doubt, period. There is no way to combine this many variants in the wild that quickly".

3. The other concern is that because of the DNA combination, this flu variant is the perfect medium to mutate H5N1 "bird flu" into being human to human transferable.

4. WHO is about to announce a move to level 6, "global pandemic threat".

5. Vaccinations are already being given in Mexico. It takes 30 days lead time to build a vaccine. Given most every flu virus starts in Asia and then migrates to Europe and N America the drug companies usually have enough time to make one. Any vaccine being offered within the next couple of weeks will most likely not only not work but probably create another mutation in the pandemic virus.

6. CNN will not tell you when it's time to hermit up. They will tell you everything is all right even as your local ER's shut down. I've implemented a 3 to 4 day lock down here at my house, any supply runs will be made at 2-3 in the a.m. (probably won't be needed, however). Masks and gloves, Lysol spray to disinfect any containers brought in which might have been sneezed on. Thankfully I picked up enough supplies to treat my entire family including IV's, meds and diagnostic equipment.

We've all been sick since last Monday with a respiratory bug but it's not the flu. Just a low fever and nasty cough.

We can expect the virus to hit in waves, the first carrying 5% fatality or so and a much worse second wave later on. These could last for months or longer if someone is manipulating things. I expect big crowds to start hitting the wal-marts later today or tomorrow, don't be one of the many, history shows those crowds will be the first to get infected.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by ecoparity](spell check fail)

[edit on 25-4-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrankWhite222

Originally posted by northof8
I have to agree with someone else that pointed out the fact that this virus is "a strange mix of human, pig and bird viruses that has epidemiologists deeply concerned."

Either these viruses decided to do this on their own or someone or something else put them together.

I still think this is the PTB starting thier clensing of the population. I think we are headed for the greatest depression we have ever seen and they need a weakend population to control and what better way than bio-terror.

I think the DHS report on extremists was the go signal for this. Right after that came out you saw the reaction of the American People. They were pissed then this happens.

There is no way these types of viruses just decide to come together in such a short amount of time.

I wonder what regions of the earth the separate parts of this virus are from and how much of a coincidence it has to be for them to join together?

Yeah!

Or maybe not....

Short amount of time relative to what?

I ask you, "What are the odds that any life, let alone complex life such as us, would evolve from primordial ooze in such a short amount of time?"

For me, a virus, which is not even alive, seems pretty simple. Maybe, just maybe the odds are pretty good, relatively speaking, that it is natural.

Well, it could be the earths way of saying enough but it sure is strange that it happens right after DHS says we are all on the list so to speak. I mean the report was so vague that anyone with beef is suspect. Then we get... "Banks May Struggle After 'Stress Tests'; Bad Assets Triple..." Triple? My goodness!

Now for the humdinger and I think very circumstantial proof of deliberate release that as far as I can tell no one has put together...

Texas starts talking about leaving the Union and a potential pandemic magically pops up on their border? To me it is painfully obvious what is transpiring here. The only way it could be more obvious if they started the pandemic in Texas.

I think Texans are more prone to be pissed at the government than "blue" states. They want the south decimated and ripe for take over. "They" know who is a danger to their plans and the only logical choice is to start taking out the threat with plausible deniability. What better way than the release of the "flu?"

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Well, it could be the earth’s way of saying enough but it sure is strange that it happens right after DHS says we are all on the list so to speak. I mean the report was so vague that anyone with beef is suspect. Then we get... "Banks May Struggle After 'Stress Tests'; Bad Assets Triple..." Triple? My goodness!

Now for the humdinger and I think very circumstantial proof of deliberate release that as far as I can tell no one has put together...

Texas starts talking about leaving the Union and a potential pandemic magically pops up on their border? To me it is painfully obvious what is transpiring here. The only way it could be more obvious if they started the pandemic in Texas.

I think Texans are more prone to be pissed at the government than "blue" states. They want the south decimated and ripe for takeover. "They" know who is a danger to their plans and the only logical choice is to start taking out the threat with plausible deniability. What better way than the release of the "flu?"

More than twenty states have made moves for sovrenty not just Texas. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

Well, it could be the earth’s way of saying enough but it sure is strange that it happens right after DHS says we are all on the list so to speak. I mean the report was so vague that anyone with beef is suspect. Then we get... "Banks May Struggle After 'Stress Tests'; Bad Assets Triple..." Triple? My goodness!

I think Texans are more prone to be pissed at the government than "blue" states. They want the south decimated and ripe for takeover. "They" know who is a danger to their plans and the only logical choice is to start taking out the threat with plausible deniability. What better way than the release of the "flu?"

More than twenty states have made moves for sovrenty not just Texas. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, I understand that but which state has been most vocal as of late? Which state included as it's "tea party" the theme of leaving the Union? That is the state I am talking about.

But hey, we let them get away with 911 so let's be naive about them killing us on a mass scale here. I don't buy it for one minute. This is just the beginning.

So be it... I guess if history has taught us anything "humans" with power can be some evil creatures.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
Just to correct some of the disinfo floating around:

1. H1N1 is not a mix of different types of flus. Any flu will carry random bits of DNA material but those will be from the hosts. H1N1 is SWINE flu, not bird flu and so on.

2. The DNA in this strain contains swine, avian and Asian genetic material with the the types also holding European and Asian DNA. I've heard four different bio Doctors express immense concern because "this is a lab virus, no doubt, period. There is no way to combine this many variants in the wild that quickly".

3. The other concern is that because of the DNA combination, this flu variant is the perfect medium to mutate H5N1 "bird flu" into being human to human transferable.

4. WHO is about to announce a move to level 6, "global pandemic threat".

5. Vaccinations are already being given in Mexico. It takes 30 days lead time to build a vaccine. Given most every flu virus starts in Asia and then migrates to Europe and N America the drug companies usually have enough time to make one. Any vaccine being offered within the next couple of weeks will most likely not only not work but probably create another mutation in the pandemic virus.

6. CNN will not tell you when it's time to hermit up. They will tell you everything is all right even as your local ER's shut down. I've implemented a 3 to 4 day lock down here at my house, any supply runs will be made at 2-3 in the a.m. (probably won't be needed, however). Masks and gloves, Lysol spray to disinfect any containers brought in which might have been sneezed on. Thankfully I picked up enough supplies to treat my entire family including IV's, meds and diagnostic equipment.

We've all been sick since last Monday with a respiratory bug but it's not the flu. Just a low fever and nasty cough.

We can expect the virus to hit in waves, the first carrying 5% fatality or so and a much worse second wave later on. These could last for months or longer if someone is manipulating things. I expect big crowds to start hitting the wal-marts later today or tomorrow, don't be one of the many, history shows those crowds will be the first to get infected.

Good post--thank you for that.

I must admit, I made a Wal-Mart run early this morning. The store was nearly deserted, but I ran into one other person who was there for the same purpose. Between the two of us we cleared out all the N95 masks. There were only 8 boxes, so we each took 4. There are only two masks per box. I now have 20. Not a lot, but better than none. I've also got a ton of the ear-loop surgical masks, but I don't think they stop viruses. I wish they made an N95 in children's sizes.

My husband thinks I'm paranoid. I told him I'd rather have him laugh at me and be wrong than be kicking myself for not preparing when I had the chance. He didn't have much to say about that.

Although the virus itself is scary, I'm just as concerned about the shortages that will occur during a pandemic. They may shut down trade to slow the spread. Truckers, suppliers, manufacturers, stores, etc. may not have enough healthy people to stay open. Even if it doesn't get bad here, we get soooo many things from Mexico.

This may not be "The Pandemic" that we've been warned about, but it might be. And if it is, we're all in for a bumpy ride.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
You know I listen to everyone talking about hiding out from this flu.
Don't you think it would be better to catch it now. That way you would have a better chance of building an immunity from the strain, before it mutates in to a strain with a much higher fatality rate than 5%.

Not saying it will save you. But I am pretty sure if you catch it now your immune system will have a chance to become acquainted with this "new" type of flu.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by foremanator]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Been checking news regularly and this just came in

Swine Flu Outbreak Linked to Smithfield Foods...?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
News from the BBC website, hope this hasn't already been posted:

The US is watching the situation south of the border closely.

"With infections in many different communities as we're seeing, we don't think that containment is feasible," said Anne Schuchat of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

"We are not at a point where we can keep this virus in one place... Now that we are looking more widely, I really expect us to find more."

(news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8018356.stm)

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
There's a micro/molecular biologist making some far out comments on this thread
He seems to think "this is it". Guess only time will tell but he seems pretty serious.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join